It wasn’t your fault at all.
这不是你的错
No, there’s a much bigger reason, unfortunately.
很不幸 这事有更严重的原因
Shouldn’t you call a doctor?
你认为自己不用看医生吗?
No, I don’t need to see a doctor.
不 我不需要看医生
My trouble is what one might call…
我的问题… 应该是…
psychological.
心理层面
It’s my own personal problem, and I’ll come out of it.
这是我的个人问题 我会走出阴影
I’m sorry. It’s a shame you have to go through all this.
对不起 让你经历这一切
As long as it’s only psychological, you won’t–
如果只是心理问题 你就不…
Only psychological!
只是心理问题?
Mr. Kralik, it’s true we’re in the same room…
克拉里克先生 虽然我们同在一个房♥间
…but we’re not on the same planet.
但显然不在同一个星球上
Miss Novak, although I’m the victim of your remark…
诺瓦克小姐 我… 虽然我受到你的言辞奚落
…I can’t help but admire the exquisite way you have of expressing yourself.
但我却很欣赏你表达自己的方式
You certainly know how to put a man in his planet.
你的确知道如何让男人脚踏实地
Aunt Anna has something for you!
安娜阿姨有东西要给你
She has? Why doesn’t she come in? Come in, Aunt Anna!
真的吗? 快请她进来 请进 安娜阿姨
This is Mr. Kralik of Matuschek and Company.
这位是马朵查克公♥司♥的克拉里克先生
I’m glad to meet you. How do you do?
很高兴认识你 你好
I hope it’s good news. I’ll tell you later.
希望是好消息 我待会儿就会告诉你
Mr. Kralik, it was kind of you to drop in.
克拉里克先生 谢谢你来看我
I don’t want to spoil your whole evening.
但我不想占用你整晚时间
I have nothing to do. Go ahead and read the letter.
我没有别的事 请你看信吧
Don’t worry about me.
别管我
If you don’t mind. Not at all.
你不会介意? 完全不会
Good news? Very good news.
好消息吗? 非常好的消息
I can promise you I’ll be back in the shop tomorrow, and I’ll be on my toes!
克拉里克先生 我明天就能上班了 而且充满活力
I’ll sell more goods than ever before.
我会比以前卖♥♥更多商品
That’s quite a change in you. It’s amazing what one letter can do.
你的改变可真大 一封信竟有这么大的功力
If I weren’t feeling so happy, I’d be very annoyed with you.
如果不是因为我很开心 我一定会很气你
With me? Why?
气我? 为什么?
Why? Because you spoiled my date last night.
因为是你破坏了我昨晚的约会
I wasn’t so wrong when I asked you not to sit at my table.
我请你别跟我同桌并没有错
This gentleman did come to the café.
那位先生真的去了咖啡厅
He looked in the window, saw us together, and misunderstood.
他从窗户向里面望 看到我们在一起就误会了
He thought you and I were friends? He must have. Listen.
你是说 他以为我们是朋友 肯定是这样 你听
“Tell me and be frank. I think you owe it to me.
“请你老实告诉我 我认为你应该这么做
“Who is this very attractive young man? He’s just the type women fall for.”
“那位迷人的年轻人是谁? 每个女人都会爱上他”
I’m sorry I caused you so much trouble. It’s all right. I’ll straighten it out.
抱歉 替你惹了这么多麻烦 没有关系 我会说清楚
It won’t hurt him to be a little jealous.
让他吃点醋也没什么关系
He doesn’t seem to be much of a man, this friend of yours.
你那位朋友不太像大男人
I mean, he walks away.
我是说 他就那样走了
He’s afraid to come over to the table when another man is there.
有别的男人同桌 竟让他不敢来找你
No, Mr. Kralik, he’s wasn’t afraid, I can assure you.
克拉里克先生 他不是不敢 我可以向你保证
He’s tactful. He’s sensitive.
他很得体 很细腻
He’s not the type of man who would walk up to a table uninvited.
他不是那种没有受邀就随便就座的人
It’s difficult to explain a man like him to a man like you.
我很难向你这种人解释他那种人
Where you would say, “black,” he would say, “white.”
你说黑的 他会说是白的
Where you would say, “ugly,” he says, “beautiful.”
你说丑的 他会说是美的
And when you say, “old maid,” he says:
你说老处♥女♥ 他会说…
“Eyes that sparkle with fire and mystery…
“眼中闪耀着光芒与神秘…
“Vivacious.
“活泼的
“Fascinating.”
“令人着迷的”
I remind him of gypsy music.
我让他想起吉普赛音乐
Speaking of gypsy music, we’ve had a lot of trouble…
讲到吉普赛音乐
…selling those Ochi Tchornya boxes, haven’t we?
我们曾为音乐烟盒吵架 对吧?
That doesn’t make any difference. You can consider one box sold.
那并没有什么分别 克拉里克先生 你可以确定又卖♥♥出一个音乐烟盒了
Yes. I’ve just had an inspiration. I’ll give one to my friend for Christmas.
我刚才想到 我要送音乐烟盒给朋友当圣诞礼物
Miss Novak, you’re taking an awful chance.
诺瓦克小姐 你实在太冒险了
Why don’t you give him a wallet? I’m sure he’d be crazy about it.
对了 你何不送他皮夹? 我相信他一定会喜欢
Any man would be. A wallet is practical. Besides, we have those imported pigskins.
任何男人都会喜欢 皮夹比较实用 而且店里新进了猪皮皮夹
I’m not interested. I’d make you a special price.
不 我没有兴趣 我可以给你特别折扣
No, I’m sorry.
抱歉 不用了
Besides being a practical thing…
皮夹除了实用之外
…a wallet is quite romantic.
还是个非常浪漫的东西
On one side he has your last letter, on the other side, a picture of you.
他可以把你的信放在一边 另一边放你的照片
When he opens it, there you are.
只要他一打开就可以看见你
And that’s all the music he wants.
那才是他想要的音乐
Why, Mr. Kralik, you surprise me.
克拉里克先生 你真让人讶异
That’s very well-expressed.
你说的真好
I must admit, that’s very nice.
我必须承认那样很好
No, just the same, I’m going to give him a cigarette box.
但是我还是要送他音乐烟盒
There’s not much more I can say.
我想我也没什么好说的
Except that I wish both of you a Merry Christmas.
只能祝你们二位圣诞快乐
Thank you, Mr. Kralik, good night. Good night, Miss Novak.
谢谢你 克拉里克先生 晚安 晚安 诺瓦克小姐
Rudy! Yes, Mr. Katona?
鲁迪 是的 卡托那先生?
Do you know what time it is?
你知道现在几点了吗?
A few minutes after 8:00. And you’re still here?
八点过几分 而你还在这里?
Well, I was just…
我只是…
Don’t contradict me, just listen! Yes, Mr. Katona.
别顶嘴 听我说 是的 卡托那先生
You have to be faster, especially on Christmas Eve.
你动作要快 尤其是这种时候 特别是在平安夜 年轻人
Am I asking too much?
我要求太多了吗?
No, Mr. Katona. All right.
不 卡托那先生 很好
I have great news.
各位 我要告诉你们好消息
I talked to the hospital, and Mr. Matuschek is much better.
我刚才跟医院通过电♥话♥ 马朵查克先生好多了
That’s wonderful! Can we visit him?
那真是太好了 真好 我们可以去看他吗?
Let’s all get together and buy him a nice Christmas present.
我们一起集资送他圣诞礼物
Let’s get him a little Christmas tree for his hospital room.
我有个建议 我们送棵小圣诞树到他的病房♥
That’s all very nice, but the best present we could give him is a bare-looking shop…
这些点子都很好 但我认为送他最大的圣诞贺礼
…with nothing in it except money in the cash register.
就是把店里的商品卖♥♥光 把收银机装满现金
That’s wonderful!
克拉里克先生 那真是太棒了
Now, come on, folks!
加油了 各位
Let’s make this the biggest Christmas Eve in the history of Matuschek and Company.
让我们创造马朵查克公♥司♥有史以来最盛大的圣诞节
Where’s Klara! Klara! Miss Novak!
克拉娜在哪里? 克拉娜 诺瓦克小姐
Corning! Yes, Mr. Kralik, what is it?
我来了 我来了 克拉里克先生 什么事?
How are you today? Fine.
你今天还好吗? 很好
Good. We’re expecting terrific business today. it’s going to be tough.
那就好 我们今天生意会很好 一定会很辛苦
But don’t overdo it.
但别工作过度
Miss Novak, may I ask a favor of you?
诺瓦克小姐 我能否请你帮个小忙?
With pleasure, Mr. Pirovitch.
我很乐意 皮洛维奇先生
I wanted to buy one of those Ochi Tchornya boxes, but Kralik tells me…
我想买♥♥一个音乐烟盒 但克拉里克说
…you took the only one that really works.
最后一个好的被你买♥♥走了
That’s right. I bought it for my boyfriend.
是的 我要送给我的男朋友
He’s coming tonight. We’re going to celebrate Christmas Eve.
他今晚要来 我们要庆祝平安夜
Mr. Pirovitch, can you keep a secret? On my word of honor.
皮洛维奇 你可以保守秘密吗? 我以名誉担♥保♥
When I come back Monday, I might have a ring on my finger.
等我星期一来上班时 手上可能会戴着戒指
Maybe, you never know.
有可能 天知道
What? That’s wonderful!
什么? 那真是太好了
And that’s the young man who’ll get the cigarette box?
就是那位年轻人会得到那个音乐烟盒吗?
Then let’s drop the whole thing.
那么这件事就算了
You see, I thought of giving it to my wife’s uncle for Christmas.
我打算把它送给我太太的叔叔当圣诞礼物
I’m sorry, can’t you give him something else?
真抱歉 你不能送他别的吗?
It’s not so easy. You see, I don’t like him.
那并不容易 因为我不喜欢他
I hate to spend a nickel on him. Still, I must give him a present.
根本不想为他花一毛钱 但我还是得送他礼物
I thought if I have to give him a present…
所以我的想法是
…I might as well give him something he won’t enjoy.
送他一个他不会喜欢的礼物
The box costs 2.29. That’s a lot of money,
那个烟盒要2元29分 可是一笔不小的数目
but it’s worth it to ruin my wife’s uncle’s Christmas.
但如果能毁了我太太叔叔的圣诞节 那也值得
I’m sorry, Miss Novak. I forgot you always liked those.
对不起 诺瓦克小姐 我忘了你一直很喜欢那烟盒
No, no, Mr. Pirovitch. Speak freely.
没关系 皮洛维奇先生 你可以尽管说
If you were in my position…
告诉我 如果你是我
…what would you give him?
你会送他什么?
That’s hard to say.
很难说
What would you say to the idea of…
你认为…
…let’s say, maybe, a wallet?
送皮夹好吗?
That’s an inspiration.
真是个好主意
One of those imported pigskins? That’s what I was thinking of.
你是指那些进口的猪皮皮夹? 我想的就是那个
You can’t miss.
你绝对错不了
If I would get such a wallet, I would be…
如果我得到那种皮夹
…one of the happiest men in the world.
我将是世上最快乐的男人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!