We’re providing a valuable community service.
我们在提供社区服务
That’s fine for the papers, but I’ve got a family to feed.
这是广告词 但我得养家 山姆
We go back a long way.
老兄 咱们这么久的交情
I need this highway contract. I don’t get it and I go under. That’s a fact.
我必须包下这条公路 否则只好喝西北风了
You have some of this fine pie…
这是内人特地为你烤的派
…my missus made for you. You think about that.
请笑纳
I wouldn’t worry too much about this contract.
别担心这项工程合约
I already got my boys committed elsewhere.
我已叫他们接别的案子了
You be sure and thank Maisie for this fine pie.
帮我谢谢她的心意
And behind every shady deal…
在每一桩买卖后面…
…behind every dollar earned…
在每一元黑钱底下
…there was Andy, keeping the books.
都有安迪在 是他做的帐
Two deposits.
您有两笔款要存入银行
Maine National and New England First. Night drops as always, sir.
照旧在夜间 存到常来往的银行
Get my stuff to the laundry. Two suits for dry clean and a bag of whatnot.
把东西拿去洗衣房 两套西装和杂物
If they over starch my shirts again, they’ll hear from me.
别浆太硬 否则有他们好看 是的 先生
How do I look?
我怎样?
Very nice. Big charity to do up Portland way.
很好 先生 我去慈善宴会
Governor will be there.
州长会到
You want the rest of this?
剩下的给你吃
Woman can’t bake worth shit.
烤的难吃透顶
Thank you, sir.
谢谢您 先生
He’s got his fingers in a lot of pies, from what I hear.
这种派他收过很多 你听说的只是皮毛
He’s got scams you haven’t even dreamed of. IKickbacks on his kickbacks.
他干的坏事你想不到 重重的回扣
A river of dirty money running through here.
黑钱如河般在他脚下流
Sooner or later, he’ll have to explain where it came from.
贪污这么多迟早会曝光
That’s where I come in.
因此才要用我
I channel it. Filter it. Funnel it.
我过滤黑钱 一一漂白
Stocks, securities, tax free municipals.
股票 证券 市政公债
I send it out into the real world, and when it comes back…
我让脏钱流入市场 等它回流时…
Clean as a virgin’s honeypot, huh? Cleaner.
干净的像处女? 比那更干净
By the time Norton retires, I’ll have made him a millionaire.
诺顿退休时 将是百万富翁
If they ever catch on, he’ll wind up in here wearing a number himself.
若被逮到 他也会被关入肖申克
I thought you had more faith in me than that.
你对我这么没信心呀
I know you’re good, but all that paper leaves a trail.
不 我知道你很罩 但文件会留下证据
Now anybody gets curious, FBI, IRS…
万一调查局或国税局起疑…
…whatever.
就完了
It’ll lead to somebody.
总有人要遭殃
Sure it is, but not to me, and certainly not to the warden.
没错 但不是我 更不是典狱长
All right, who?
那是谁?
Randall Stevens.
兰道史帝文
Who?
谁?
The “silent” silent partner.
隐名又隐形的合伙人
He’s the guilty one, the man with the bank accounts.
法官 都怪他 户头是他的
It’s where the filtering process starts.
他是洗钱的起点
They trace anything, it’ll just lead to him.
出了差错 只追得到他
But who is he?
但他是什么人?
He’s a phantom, an apparition. Second cousin to Harvey the Rabbit.
他是幻影 幽灵 兔宝宝的远房表亲
I conjured him…
我一手塑造他
…out of thin air.
凭空的
He doesn’t exist, except on paper.
他不存在 除了在文件上
You can’t just make a person up.
哪有凭空造人的?
Sure you can, if you know how the system works.
利用制度的漏洞就行
It’s amazing what you can accomplish by mail.
靠写信能办成太多的事
Mr. Stevens has a birth certificate…
史帝文有出生证明
…driver’s license, Social Security.
有驾照 社会保险编号
You’re shitting me.
你没盖我吧?
If they trace any accounts, they’ll wind up chasing…
就算抓到蛛丝马迹
…a figment of my imagination.
也等于捕捉影
Well, I’ll be damned!
真想不到
Did I say you were good?
我有称赞过你吧?
Shit, you are Rembrandt.
你简直是大艺术家
The funny thing is…
可笑的是…
…on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow.
外头 我刚正不阿
I had to come to prison to be a crook.
进了牢 却大搞歪哥
Ever bother you?
你心安吗?
I don’t run the scams.I just process the profits.
我没干坏事 只是洗钱
A fine line, maybe…
也许这是强词夺理
but I also built that library…
…但我只手成立图书馆
and used it to help guys get their high school diploma.
…帮助囚友考取中学文凭
Why do you think he lets me do all that?
典狱长凭什么任我做?
IKeep you happy and doing the laundry.
为了使你…
Money instead of sheets.
乐于帮他洗钱
Well, I work cheap. That’s the tradeoff.
我算是便宜卖给他
Tommy Williams came to Shawshank in 1965…
汤米在65年来到肖申克…
…on a two year stretch for B and E.
犯了”破闯”判了两年
That’s breaking and entering to you.
就是强行入侵他人公宅
Cops caught him sneaking TV sets out the back door of a JC Penney.
他在商店后门偷彩电时被逮
Young punk.
小庞克
Mr. Rock ‘n’ Roll…
摇滚狂一个
cocky as hell.
跩得够可爱 …
Come on, old boys. Moving like molasses!
快啦 各位老兄 慢吞吞的
Making me look bad.
我看了难过
We liked him immediately.
人见人爱
I’m backing out the door and I got the TV like this.
我退出门外 我这样抱着电视
A big old thing. I couldn’t see shit. Then I hear this voice.
它很大 害我看不见 忽然传出声音
“Freeze, kid, hands in the air.”
“别动 手举起来”
I was standing there, holding onto that TV. Finally the voice says:
我站着抱紧电视
“You hear what I said, boy?” I say, “Yes, sir. I did.
他又说”你听没有?” 我说有 但我若松手
But if I drop this, you get me on destruction of property too.”
就一条毁损财产罪
You done some stretch in Cashman, right?
你在凯希曼监狱蹲过?
Yeah, that was an easy piece of time, let me tell you.
那是最好混的日子
Weekend furloughs. Work programs.
周末回家 外役制度
Not like here.
不像这里
Sounds like you done time all over.
你哪里都蹲过嘛
I’ve been in and out since I was 13.
我13岁起以牢为家
Name it, chances are I’ve been there.
你想的到的监狱我都待过
Perhaps you should try a new profession.
也许你该改行了
What I mean is…
依我看
…you’re not a very good thief.You should try something else.
你的贼功不灵光 该做做别的事
Yeah, what the hell you know about it, Capone?
你懂个屁 你是卡彭呀?
What are you in for?
你为何入狱?
Me?
我?
A lawyer fucked me.
被律师害了
Everybody’s innocent in here. Don’t you know that?
肖申克没人有罪 你不懂吗?
As it turned out, Tommy had himself a young wife and a new baby girl.
汤米有娇妻和一女儿
Maybe he thought of them on the streets…
他怕妻女流落街头
…or his child growing up not knowing her daddy.
不认识老爸
Whatever it was…
或是别的原因
…something lit a fire under that boy’s ass.
反正这小子卯上了
Thought I might try for my high school equivalency.
我想考同等学历
Hear you helped a couple of fellas with that.
听说你帮过人
I don’t waste time with losers, Tommy.
我不帮废人
I ain’t no goddamn loser.
我才不是废人
You mean that? Yeah.
你有心? 对
You really mean that?
真的有心?
Yes, sir, I do.
是的 我有
Good. Because if we do this…
好 要冲就冲到底
…we do it all the way, a hundred percent, nothing half assed.
百分之百 不可退却
Thing is, see…
问题是…
…I don’t read so good.
我不太识字
“Well.”
没关系
You don’t read…
你…
…so well.
不识字
We’ll get to that.
交给我吧
So Andy took Tommy under his wing.
安迪收汤米为徒
Started walking him through his ABC’s.
从字母教起
Tommy took to it pretty well too.
汤米学的非常好
Boy found brains he never knew he had.
他从未发现自己有天份
Before long, Andy started him on his course requirements.
没多久就始准备应试