Lickety split.I want to get home.
动作快 我要回家
I’m just about finished, sir.
马上就好了
Three deposits tonight.
今晚要存三笔
Andy did like he was told.
安迪遵命行事
Buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine.
把鞋子擦的雪亮
The guards simply didn’t notice.
警卫都没注意
Neither did I.
我也没有
I mean, seriously…
说真的
…how often do you really look at a man’s shoes?
谁会注意别人的鞋子
Andy crawled to freedom through 500 yards…
安迪就这样爬向自由
…of shit smelling foulness I can’t even imagine.
在恶臭中匍匐五百码
Or maybe I just don’t want to.
要我爬才不干
Five hundred yards.
五百码
That’s the length of five football fields.
五座橄榄球场宽
Just shy of half a mile.
几乎长达半里
The next morning, right about the time Raquel was spilling her secret…
次日清晨 在拉寇儿坦露她的秘密之时…
…a man nobody ever laid eyes on before…
一个从未现世的人
…strolled into the Maine National Bank.
走进缅因国家银行
Until that moment, he didn’t exist.
在那之前 他不是实体
Except on paper. May I help you?
只存在于文件上 有何干贵?
He had all the proper ID…
他各种证件都有
…driver’s license, birth certificate,Social Security card…
驾照 出生证 社会保险卡
And the signature was a spot on match.
签名分毫不差
I must say I’m sorry to be losing your business.
失去您的生意令我真心遗憾
I hope you’ll enjoy living abroad.
祝您侨居愉快
Thank you.
谢谢
I’m sure I will.
一定的
Here’s your cashier’s check, sir.Will there be anything else?
这是银行本票 就这样吗?
Please.
麻烦你
Would you add this to your outgoing mail?
帮我寄出去好吗?
I’d be happy to.
乐意之至
Good day, sir.
再会 保重
Mr. Stevens visited nearly a dozen banks in the Portland area that morning.
史帝文斯造访十几家银行
All told, he blew town…
总共加起来
…with better than $370,000 of Warden Norton’s money.
他领走诺顿37万元
Severance pay for 19 years.
19年的遣散费
Good morning, Portland Daily Bugle.
早安 波特兰号角日报
肖申克监狱 贪污谋杀
主的审判迅速降临
亲爱的典狱长 你说的对 得救之道 就在其中
Byron Hadley? You have the right to remain silent.
你是海利? 你有权保持缄默
If you give up this right, anything you say can be held against you in court.
若你放弃这权利 你的话将成为呈堂证供
I wasn’t there to see, but I hear Byron Hadley sobbed like a girl…
我没在场目睹 听说…
…when they took him away.
海利哭成泪人儿
Norton had no intention of going that quietly.
诺顿无意乖乖就范
Samuel Norton.
诺顿
We have a warrant for your arrest. Open up.
诺顿 我们有拘票 开门
Open the door.
把门打开
I’m not sure which key.
我不清楚哪一把
Make it easy on yourself, Norton!
别自找麻烦
I like to think the last thing that went through his head…
我猜他脑中最后一件事…
…other than that bullet…
除了枪子儿…
…was to wonder how the hell Andy Dufresne ever got the best of him.
就是在想安迪为何能整倒他
Not long after the warden deprived us of his company…
典狱长见阎王之后不久
…I got a postcard in the mail.
我收到一张明信片
It was blank,but the postmark said…
没写字 但有邮戳
…Fort Hancock, Texas.
来自德州汉考克堡
Fort Hancock…
汉考克堡
…right on the border.
在边界上
That’s where Andy crossed.
安迪已离开美国
When I picture him heading south in his own car with the top down…
驾着敞蓬车奔向南方
…it always makes me laugh.
想到这画面就令我开怀
Andy Dufresne…
安迪…
…who crawled through a river of shit…
他涉过肮脏污河
…and came out clean on the other side.
涤尽罪恶 在彼岸重生
Andy Dufresne…
安迪杜弗伦
…headed for the Pacific.
太平洋在望
Hadley’s got him by the throat, right?
海利掐住他说…
He says, “I believe this boy’s about to have himself an accident.”
“他活的不耐烦了”
Those of us who knew him best talk about him often.
老友们常聊起他
I swear, the stuff he pulled…
他那些惊人之举
“My friends could use a couple of beers.”
“请我朋友喝啤酒吧”
And he got it!
真的做到了
Sometimes it makes me sad, though…
他走了 有时…
…Andy being gone.
令我感伤
I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged.
有的鸟毕竟是关不住的
Their feathers are just too bright.
他们的羽翼太光辉了
And when they fly away…
当他们飞走…
…the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.
你会由衷庆贺他获得自由
But still…
无奈的是…
…the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they’re gone.
你得继续在这乏味之地苟活
I guess I just miss my friend.
我真怀念这位友伴
Please sit down.
请坐
Ellis Boyd Redding…
阿里斯瑞丁
…your files say you’ve served 40 years of a life sentence.
你判无期徒刑 已关40年
You feel you’ve been rehabilitated?
你改过自新了吗?
Rehabilitated?
改过自新?
Well, now, let me see.
要让我说
I don’t have any idea what that means.
我根本不懂那是什么
It means you’re ready to rejoin society…
就是重返社会…
I know what you think it means, sonny.
这我懂 年轻人
To me it’s just a made up word.
它对我只是虚词儿
A politician’s word so that…
政客发明的词儿
…young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie…
使你们穿西装打领带的…
…and have a job.
有活干
What do you really want to know?
你到底想了解什么?
Am I sorry for what I did?
我后悔犯罪吗?
Well, are you?
你后悔吗?
There’s not a day goes by I don’t feel regret.
我没有一天不后悔
Not because I’m in here or because you think I should.
但并非受惩罚才后悔
I look back on the way I was then…
我回首前尘往事
…a young…
那个
…stupid kid who committed that terrible crime.
犯下重罪的小笨蛋
I want to talk to him.
我想跟他沟通
I want to try and talk some sense to him.
我试图讲道理
Tell him the way things are.
让他明了
But I can’t.
但我办不到
That kid’s long gone…
那个少年早就不见了
…and this old man is all that’s left.
只剩下我垂老之躯
I got to live with that.
我得接受事实
Rehabilitated?
改过自新?
It’s just a bullshit word.
狗屁不通的词
So you go on and stamp your forms,sonny, and stop wasting my time.
你盖章吧 别浪费我的时间
Because to tell you the truth…
告诉你一句实话
…I don’t give a shit.
我他妈的不在乎
Approved
核准
Brook was here
老布到此一游
Here you go, miss.
谢谢你
Restroom break?
可以上厕所吗?
You don’t need to ask me every time you need to go take a piss. Just go.
别要尿尿就来报告 要去就去 懂吗?
yes
是的
Forty years I’ve been asking permission to piss.
我报告了40年
I can’t squeeze a drop without say so.
没报告 一滴也挤不出
There’s a harsh truth to face.
我得面对残酷的事实
No way I’m going to make it on the outside.
我根本混不下去
All I do anymore is think of ways to break my parole…
我一心想违犯假释
…so maybe they’d send me back.
也许能重返肖申克
Terrible thing, to live in fear.
活在恐惧中真是糟糕
Brooks Hatlen knew it.
老布体会过
Knew it all too well.
他看透了
All I want is to be back where things make sense.
我只想回到有意义的地方
Where I won’t have to be afraid all the time.