He really liked the kid.
安迪真心喜欢他
Gave him a thrill to help a youngster crawl off the shit heap.
助人向上令他兴奋
But that wasn’t the only reason.
但动机不止于此
Prison time is slow time.
牢狱生活缓慢得很
So you do what you can to keep going.
必须找事打发时间
Some fellas collect stamps.
有人集邮
Others build matchstick houses.
有人盖火柴屋
Andy built a library.
安迪成立了图书馆
Now he needed a new project.
如今他需要新计划
Tommy was it.
就是汤米
It was the same reason he spent years shaping and polishing those rocks.
这跟他长年刻石一样
The same reason he hung his fantasy girlies on the wall.
也跟他挂美女图一样
In prison…
在牢里
…a man will do most anything to keep his mind occupied.
没事也得找事做
By 1966, right about the time Tommy was getting ready to take his exams…
1966年 就在汤米应考之前…
…it was lovely Raquel.
换上拉寇儿薇芝了
Time.
时间到
Well?
怎样?
Well, it’s for shit.
烂透了
I wasted a whole year of my time with this bullshit.
我他妈白费一整年
It’s probably not that bad.
也许没那么糟
I didn’t get a thing right.It might as well have been in Chinese.
更糟啦 没一题做对 简直像中文一样看不懂
Let’s see how the score comes out.
分数出来再说
I’ll tell you how the goddamn score comes out.
我告诉你几分吧
Two points, right there!
两分入网
There’s your goddamn score!
这就是分数
Goddamn cats crawling up trees,5 times 5 is 25…
什么猫爬树 五五二十五
Fuck this place!
去他妈的蛋
Fuck it!
去他妈的
I feel bad.
真后悔
I let him down.
让他失望
That’s crap, kid.
胡说
He’s proud of you.
他以你为荣
We’re old friends,I know him as good as anybody.
多年的交情 我摸透他了
Smart fellow, ain’t he?
他是聪明人
Smart as they come. He was a banker on the outside.
绝顶聪明 曾是银行家
What’s he in here for anyway?
他究竟为何入狱?
Murder.
谋杀
The hell, you say.
你少扯了
You wouldn’t think it to look at the guy.
看他外表是想不到
Caught his wife in bed with some golf pro. Greased them both.
捉到老婆跟高球教练在床 两个全干了
What?
怎么了?
About four years ago…
大约四年前…
…I was in Thomaston on a two to three stretch.
我在汤犸斯监狱服刑
I stole a car.
我偷了车
It was a dumb fuck thing to do.
实在愚蠢
About six months left to go…
剩下半年时…
…I get a new cellmate in.
来了新室友
Elmo Blatch.
名叫厄摩
Big, twitchy fucker.
大个子 紧张狂
IKind of roomie you pray you don’t get. You know what I’m saying?
谁都怕碰上这种室友
Six to twelve, armed burglary.
入室行窃 服刑6至12年
Said he pulled hundreds of jobs.
他说他干过好几百票
Hard to believe, high strung as he was.You cut a loud fart, he jumped three feet.
想不到有那么神经的人 闻到屁味也跳到半天高
Talked all the time too. That’s the other thing. He never shut up.
他的嘴永远闭不上
Places he’d been in…
他去过的地方…
…jobs he’d pulled, women he fucked.
犯的罪 玩过的女人
Even people he killed.
甚至杀过的人
People who “gave him shit.”
他说杀人
That’s how he put it.
是因为不爽
So one night, like a joke…
有一晚 我当做玩笑
…I say to him,”Elmo, who did you kill?”
我问他”你杀过谁?”
So he says:
他说…
I got me this job one time,busing tables at a country club…
我在俱乐部收盘子
…so I could case all these bigrich pricks that come in.
趁机观察阔人下手
So I pick out this guy…
我相中一人
…go in one night…
在晚上…
…and do his place.
摸进他家
He wakes up…
他醒来…
…and gives me shit.
惹的我不爽
So I killed him.
我就宰了他
Him and this tasty bitch he was with.
和他身边那骚货
And that’s the best part.
精彩的是…
She’s fucking this prick, see…
她搞上高球教练
…this golf pro,but she’s married to some other guy.
家有老公
Some hotshot banker.
一个大银行家
And he’s the one they pinned it on.
却成了代罪羔羊
I have to say that’s the most amazing story I ever heard.
我从未听过如此惊人的故事
What amazes me most is you’d be taken in by it.
最惊人的是你居然受骗
Sir?
什么?
It’s obvious this fellow Williams is impressed with you.
显然汤米对你颇有好感
He hears your tale of woe and naturally wants to cheer you up.
知道你痛苦 自然想让你高兴
He’s young, not terribly bright.
他还小 脑筋不太灵光
It’s not surprising he wouldn’t know what a state he put you in.
根本不明会害苦了你
Sir, he’s telling the truth.
他说的是实情
Let’s say for the moment this Blatch does exist.
就算真有厄摩这人
You think he’d just fall to his knees and cry, “Yes, I did it. I confess.
难道他会跪地哭诉 “是我杀的 我忏悔”
By the way, add a life term to my sentence.”
“顺便给我加个无期徒刑”
With Tommy’s testimony,I can get a new trial.
有汤米做证 我可重审
That’s assuming Blatch is still there.
但你得找到厄摩
Chances are, he’d be released by now.
他可能早就出狱了
They’d have his last known address.It’s a chance, isn’t it?
但能查到住址和亲友 这是机会呀
How can you be so obtuse?
你真是个阿呆
What?
什么?
What did you call me?
你说我什么?
Obtuse. Is it deliberate?
你笨蛋 我说错了吗?
You’re forgetting yourself.
你别忘了身份
The country club will have his old timecards.
俱乐部有厄摩的资料
Records, W 2s with his name on them.
还有记录 税单
If you want to indulge this fantasy,it’s your business.
你爱幻想 那是你的事
Don’t make it mine.This meeting is over.
别给我添麻烦 面谈结束
If I got out, I’d never mentionwhat happens here.
我若出狱 绝不提你的事
I’d be as indictable as you for laundering that money.
我洗钱 与你同罪
Don’t ever mention money to me,you son of a bitch!
不许你说钱这个字 兔崽子
Not in this office…
到哪里…
…not anywhere.Get in here, now!
都不许说 进来
I just wanted to put you at ease,that’s all.
我只想让你安心
Solitary. A month.
独囚一个月 是的
what’s wrong with you? Get him out of here.
你是怎么搞的? 带走
This is my chance to get out!It’s my life! Understand?!
这是我重获自由的机会 你不懂吗?这是我的人生
Get him out!
带出去
A month in the hole.
独囚一个月
That’s the longest stretch I ever heard of.
没听过这么久的处罚
It’s all my fault.
都是我不对
Bullshit.
胡说八道
You didn’t pull the trigger or convict him.
你没杀人 也没判安迪的罪
Are you saying Andy is innocent?
你是说安迪没罪?
I mean, for real innocent?
他真的无辜?
It looks that way.
看来是这样
Sweet Jesus.
我的天呀
How long has he been here now?
他服刑多久了?
1947. What is that? Nineteen years.
47年进来 19年了
Williams, Thomas. Yeah, over here.
汤米的信 在这里
What you got?
是什么?
Board of Education.
教育委员会来的
That son of a bitch mailed it.
老小子寄出那考卷了
You going to open it or stand there with your thumb up your butt?
没错 你要拆 或是拿着傻看?
Thumb up my butt sounds better.
拿着看好些
Skeets, come on.Give me that, you shithead.
拿来啦 痞子
Floyd, come on.
福洛