Mr. Dufresne, describe…
杜弗伦先生 请你描述…
…the confrontation you had with your wife the night she was murdered.
命案当晚和妻子争吵的情形
主演: 马克洛斯顿
It was very bitter.
我们吵的很凶
She said she was glad I knew,that she hated all the sneaking around.
她说不怕我知道 她讨厌偷偷摸摸
And she said that she wanted a divorce in Reno.
她还说 想去雷诺市办离婚
What was your response? I told her I would not grant one.
你怎样回答? 我拒绝离婚
“I’ll see you in hell before I see you in Reno.”
“你别想活着去雷诺市”
Those were your words, according to your neighbors.
邻居作证你说过这句话
If they say so.
也许吧
I really don’t remember. I was upset.
我气炸了 记不清楚
What happened after you argued with your wife?
你们吵完以后呢?
She packed a bag.
她收拾行李
She packed a bag to go and stay with Mr. Quentin.
去跟昆丁先生住一起
Glenn Quentin, golf pro at the Snowden Hills Country Club…
葛兰昆丁 乡村俱乐部的高球教练
…whom you had discovered was your wife’s lover.
你最近才发现 他是你太太的情夫
Did you follow her?
你跟踪她吗?
I went to a few bars first.
我先去酒吧买醉
Later, I drove to his house to confront them. They weren’t home.
然后去他家 但没人在
I parked in the turnout…
我停了车
…and waited.
等他们
With what intention?
用意何在?
I’m not sure.
我不确定
I was confused…
我醉了
…drunk.
糊里糊涂
I think…
我想…
…mostly I wanted to scare them.
…最多只是吓吓他们
When they arrived, you went up to the house and murdered them.
结果他们一回来 你就冲进屋杀了他们
I was sobering up.
不 我逐渐酒醒
I got back in the car and I drove home to sleep it off.
开车回家睡觉
Along the way, I threw my gun into the Royal River.
路中把枪丢入皇家河
I’ve been very clear on this point.
我已讲的很清楚
I get hazy where the cleaning woman shows up the following morning…
但清洁妇隔天早晨上工时
…and finds your wife in bed with her lover…
发现床上的双尸
…riddled with.38 caliber bullets.
身上满是三八的弹孔
Does that strike you as a fantastic coincidence, or is it just me?
你不觉得这很巧吗? 还是只有我这么想?
Yes, it does.
是很巧
Yet you still maintain you threw your gun into the river…
但你仍声称早在案发之前
…before the murders took place.
…就已丢弃了枪
That’s very convenient.
这种说法很省事
It’s the truth.
这是实话
The police dragged that river for three days, and nary a gun was found…
警方打捞三天都没找到
…so no comparison could be made
这样就无法比对
between your gun and the bullets…
你的手枪和
…taken from the bloodstained corpses of the victims.
受害者尸体上的弹痕
And that also…
所以呢
…is very convenient. Isn’t it, Mr. Dufresne?
这样很省事 不是吗 杜弗伦先生?
Since I am innocent of this crime…
我是清白的
…I find it decidedly inconvenient that the gun was never found.
所以找不到枪反而很费事
Ladies and gentlemen, you’ve heard all the evidence.
一切证据都向各位报告了
We have the accused at the scene of the crime. We have footprints.
脚印和胎痕证明被告在场
Bullets on the ground bearing his fingerprints.
散落地面的子弹上有他的指纹
A broken bourbon bottle, likewise with fingerprints.
酒瓶碎片上同样也有指痕
And most of all…
最重要的是…
…we have a beautiful young woman and her lover…
一位美女与情夫…
…lying dead in each other’s arms.
相拥而死
They had sinned.
他们是有伤风化
But was their crime so great…
但是…
…as to merit a death sentence?
罪该致死吗?
While you think about that…
请各位与此同时…
…think about this:
再考虑一件事
A revolver holds six bullets, not eight.
左轮枪只能装六发 而非八发
I submit that this was not a hot blooded crime of passion.
所以他并非一时冲动
That at least could be understood, if not condoned.
冲动并不可宽恕 但可理解
No.
然而…
This was revenge…
这是复仇
…of a much more brutal, cold blooded nature. Consider this:
残忍而冷血的谋杀 想想看
Four bullets per victim.
这两人各中四枪
Not six shots fired, but eight.
共八枪 而非六枪
That means that he fired the gun empty…
因此他是先射完一轮
…and then stopped to reload…
再装弹补上两枪
编剧:法兰克戴拉朋特
…so that he could shoot each of them again. An extra bullet per lover…
然后再一人添一枪
…right in the head.
射穿脑袋
You strike me as a particularly icy and remorseless man, Mr. Dufresne.
你面目冷漠 全无悔意 杜弗伦先生
It chills my blood just to look at you.
看见你就令我齿冷
By the power vested in me by the state of Maine…
根据缅因州赋予我的权力…
制片:妮基马文
…I hereby order you to serve two life sentences back to back…
我判你两个无期徒刑
…one for each of your victims. So be it!
为两位死者偿命 退庭!
导演:法兰克戴拉朋特
Sit.
坐下
We see you’ve served 20 years of a life sentence?
你判无期徒刑 已关二十年
Yes, sir. You feel you’ve been rehabilitated?
是的 你改过自新了吗?
Yes, sir. Absolutely, sir.
是的 确实如此
I mean, I learned my lesson.
我已得到教训
I can honestly say that I’m a changed man.
真的 我已洗心革面
I’m no longer a danger to society.
我不会危害社会
That’s God’s honest truth.
上帝为证
驳回
Hey, Red.
瑞德
How’d it go?
怎样?
Same old shit, different day.
还不是老样子
Yeah, I know how you feel.
我了解
I’m up for rejection next week.
我下周也准备要吃闭门羹
Yeah, I got rejected last week.
我上周才假释被拒
It happens.
难兄难弟
Hey, Red, bump me a deck.
借一包烟吧
Get out of my face, man! You’re into me for five packs already.
滚开 你欠我五包
Four! Five!
四包 五包
There must be a con like me in every prison in America.
美国各监狱少不了我这种人
I’m the guy who can get it for you.
我什么都弄得到
Cigarettes, a bag of reefer, if that’s your thing…
香烟啦 大麻啦
…bottle of brandy to celebrate your kid’s high school graduation.
家有喜事想喝白兰地也行
Damn near anything within reason.
几乎什么都没问题
Yes, sir! I’m a regular Sears and Roebuck.
是的 我就像邮购公司
So when Andy Dufresne came to me in 1949…
1949年 安迪杜弗伦…
…and asked me to smuggle Rita Hayworth into the prison for him…
要我把丽塔海华丝弄给他
…I told him, “No problem.”
我只说”没问题”
…to the main gate
大家到大门口集合
…to the main gate
到大门口集合
Andy came to Shawshank Prison…
安迪在47年初入肖申克监狱
…in early 1947 for murdering his wife and the fella she was banging.
因为杀害老婆和情夫
On the outside, he’d been vice president of a large Portland bank.
他本来是大银行副总裁
Good work for a man so young.
典型的青年才俊
Here Red
瑞德
You speak English, butt steak?
你懂英文吗?
You follow this officer.
跟这位长官走
I never seen such a sorry Iooking heap of maggot shit in all my life.
我这辈子没看过这么窝囊的人渣
Hey, fish! Come over here!
菜鸟 过来
Taking bets today, Red?
打个赌吧?
Smokes or coin? Bettor’s choice.
赌烟或钱?
Smokes. Put me down for two.
烟 我赌两根
All right, who’s your horse?
你挑哪个?
That little sack of shit.
那个小个子
Eighth. He’ll be first. Bullshit! I’ll take that action.
前头数来第八个他是第一个 算你瞎眼 我赌了
You’re out some smokes, son.
你输定了
If you’re so smart, you call it.
你聪明 你挑呀
I’ll take that chubby fat ass there.
胖脸肥臀那个
The fifth one. Put me down for a quarter deck.
第五个 我赌五根烟
Fresh fish today!
菜鸟来了
We’re reeling them in!
菜鸟来啦
I admit I didn’t think much of Andy first time I laid eyes on him.