Now, listen
现在给我听着
this is a big commitment. Don’t say yes if you’re gonna flake out.
这是个严肃的承诺 答应我了就不可以半途改变主意
l won’t. Larry…
我不会的 劳仑思…
…welcome to my world.
…欢迎加入摇滚世界
Boom, a couple of these. Now, here.
拉个勾
Now give me a platform. Let’s rock, let’s rock today.
手伸出来 让我们今天就摇滚
Now do it to me.
你做一次
Let’s rock, let’s rock today. That’s good.
让我们今天就摇滚 就这样
Slap it.
击掌
Shoot it.
射击
Kaboot it.
碰拳
We’ll work on that later. lt’s a long shake. Get going.
我们下次再好好练习 这手势挺复杂
Good knuckle crack.
拳握的不错
Lead guitar…
吉他手…
…Zack Attack. Take a seat.
…杰克 请坐
On bass, Posh Spice.
贝司手 凯蒂
On keyboards, Mr. Cool.
电子琴 酷先生
And on drums, Spazzy McGee.
还有鼓手 佛德里
OK, Blondie, Brace Face,
还有你们两个…
you’re singing backup.
给我负责合音
All right, Tough Guy, Shortstop, Fancy Pants, get over here.
你们3个 过来这里
You’re on security detail.
你们负责保安
Make sure no one outside knows what we’re doing.
不能让任何人 发现教室里的情形
The band’s future depends on you.
乐队的未来就靠你们了
OK, your first mission: soundproofing this room.
你们的第一个 任务就是设法将教室隔音
Get on it.
快去做吧
Can l be the band stylist instead?
我可以做乐队的形象设计吗?
Of course you can, Fancy Pants.
你当然可以了 花裤子
OK. Carrot Top, Roadrunner, Turkey Sub,
好了 轮到你们3个
we’re gonna have a lot of equipment.
我们会有很多的装备
We’re talking amps, electric guitars,
像电吉他 音箱
maybe even lasers and smoke machines.
甚至会有激光和干冰机
Now, your job is to master the transportation
你们的任务就是全权负责搬运
and operation of this technology.
这可是技术性的考验
Without a first-rate roadie crew, we’ll never have a psychedelic show,
没有优秀的搬运 怎能有一流的表演
and l can’t live with that, OK? l’m counting on you. Get going. Go.
我全指望你们了 快去吧
All right.
好了
You three…
你们3个…
…groupies. And your job is simple.
…小妹妹 你们的工作很简单
Just worship the band.
只需负责做后援团 崇拜乐队
You’re gonna be making hats, you’re gonna be making T-shirts,
你们要做乐队的队帽 队服
all kinds of merchandise, which leads me to your first assignment:
各式各样有关宣传的产品 你们的第一个任务就是…
Naming the band. Yes.
给乐队起名字 太棒了
All right. Sit down.
好 去坐下
As for me, l will be singing lead vocal and shredding guitar.
我将负责乐队的主唱和主吉他
Wait. lsn’t this a student project?
这不是学生的活动吗?
What’s your point? Are you supposed to be in the band?
你是什么意思? 你可以参加乐队吗?
What, you want to get rid of me? Why, because l’m old?
什么? 你难道想踢我出局? 就因为我年纪大了吗?
You hate teachers, is that what you’re about?
难道你痛恨老师? 所以你反对?
OK, well, teachers like to play too.
老师也可以喜欢音乐
And not only am l gonna play, l’m el capito,
我不单单要加入乐队 我还要做队长
and what l say goes. So put your hands over your hearts.
一切我说了算 跟着我做
l pledge allegiance… l pledge allegiance…
我宣誓… 我宣誓…
…to the band… …to the band…
…对史布里先生的… …对史布里先生的…
…of Mr. Schneebly. …of Mr. Schneebly.
…乐队效忠 …乐队效忠
And will not fight… And will not fight…
并保证不会和他争夺… 并保证不会和他争夺…
…for creative control. …for creative control.
…创意的控制权 …创意的控制权
And will defer to him on all issues
我们将完全服从于他所下达的…
related to the musical direction of the band.
音乐方面的所有命令
And will defer to him… Direction…
我们将完全… 音乐方面…
Let’s get rocking!
让我们摇滚吧!
Morning, Summer. Groupie?
早上好夏莫 歌♥迷?
What’s the matter? You want me to be a groupie?
怎么了? 你想叫我做歌♥迷?
Groupie is an important job. l researched groupies on the lnternet.
歌♥迷是个非常重要的工作 我在网上查了有关歌♥迷的资料
They’re sluts. They sleep with the band.
她们都是荡♥妇♥ 随便和乐队成员上♥床♥
No. That’s not true. They’re like cheerleaders.
这不是真的 她们就像啦啦队一样
l don’t want to be a cheerleader. Look, my mother is a room parent,
我不想做啦啦队 我妈妈是家政会的
and she’s not gonna be happy when she hears about this.
这事要是让她知道了 一定会很不高兴
OK, l didn’t want to say this in front of the other kids,
好吧 我本不想 在其他同学面前提
but l made a special position just for you.
我为你特别设立了一个职位
lt’s the most important job of all.
这是最为重要的一项任务
Band manager.
乐队经理
Band manager? Oh, yeah.
乐队经理? 没错
What’s that?
那是什么?
l’m gonna be busy rocking out, so it’s up to you
我会忙着搞音乐 所以你的任务就是…
to make sure everyone is doing their job.
监督大家完成份内的工作
Summer, you’re in charge of everything.
夏莫 你将全权负责所有队务
OK. OK.
好吧 好的
All right, look alive. Listen up.
好 打起精神 留心听着
First thing you do when you start a band…
乐队要做的第一件事…
Mr. Schneebly, before we start, shouldn’t l first take attendance?
史布里先生 我们不是应该先点名吗?
OK, fine.
好吧
OK. Now.
好的
Michelle? Here.
米雪? 到
OK. And Marco? Here.
好 马克呢? 到
OK. Summer. Here.
夏莫 到
Let’s see. Tomika? We’re all here.
塔米卡呢? 够了 我们大家都在
The first thing you do when you start a band is talk about your influences.
乐队要做的第一件事 就是讨论自己受谁的影响最深
That’s how you figure out what kind of band to be. So who do you like?
这样我们才能为乐队定位 你们都喜欢谁?
Blondie? Christina Aguilera.
金发妹妹? 克莉斯汀娜·阿格丽亚
Who? No. Come on. What?
谁? 别开玩笑了
You, Shortstop. Puff Daddy.
矮子 你呢? 吹牛老爹
Wrong. Billy? Liza Minnelli?
错 毕利? 莉莎明奈利?
What are you…? You guys!
你们怎么能这样!
This project is called ”Rock Band”.
这活动叫”摇滚乐队”
l’m talking about bands that rock.
我要讨论的是一流的摇滚乐队
Led Zeppelin.
比如说”齐柏林飞艇”
Don’t tell me you guys never got the Led out.
不要告诉我你们从来没听过
Jimmy Page, Robert Plant?
吉米.佩吉 罗伯特·普兰特?
Ring any bells?
有印象吗?
What about Sabbath?
黑色安息日呢?
AC/DC?
AC/DC?
Morhead?
摩托头?
Oh, what do they teach in this place?!
你们每天到底在学些什么?!
Summer, you’re the class whatever, go to the board.
夏莫 你是班主 到黑板上帮我写点东西
Factotum.
是班代表
”Factotor”.
“班代镖”
New schedule.
新课程表
8:1 5 to 1 0, Rock History.
8:15到10点 摇滚历史
Ten to 1 1 , Rock Appreciation and Theory.
10点到11点 摇滚理论与欣赏
Then band practice till the end of the day.
然后是练习时间 直到放学
What about math? No. Not important.
数学呢? 那不重要
World cultures? Not important.
世界文化? 也不重要
We need to focus. Don’t you wanna win this contest?
我们必须集中精神 你们难道不想赢吗?
lt’s prestigious.
这可是有关名誉的
Question:
我有问题
How are we being graded in all this?
评成绩的标准是什么?
Since l’m band manager, and l have the most responsibility, wouldn’t…?
我是乐队的经理 责任最大 我是不是应该…?
Summer, if you grade-grub
夏莫 如果你再跟我讨成绩
l will send you back to the first grade. You got it?
我就把你降到一年级去 听清楚了吗?
Back to your seat now. Fine.
回坐位去 好吧
What are we gonna play? You don’t have to worry about that.
我们要演奏什么? 这点你不需要担心
We have awesome material, which l wrote.
我有一流的题材 是我亲手创作的
Let’s hear it.
让我们听听
What? Let’s hear your song.
什么? 让我们听听你的歌♥
You wanna hear my song?
你们想听我的歌♥?
l’ll play you my song, if you want.
如果你们真的想听 我会满足你们
The thing is, l just want you to keep in mind,
但我想你们知道一点
l wrote it in, like, 1 5 minutes.
写这首歌♥我才花了15分钟
lt’s not done. You might not like…
还没有完全写完 你们可能不会喜…