but l see you’ve had time to look at it.
对 克拉斯特先生
Yes, Mr Craster.
是的 我看过了
l have looked at it.
但目前暂时不谈谱子的事
However, it’s not about your music that l wish to talk at the moment.
那就开门见山了
So to come to the point…
你和佩吉小姐是怎么回事
What is all this l hear about you and Miss Page?
原来如此
Oh, l see.
-迪米可以 -出去
-Could Dimitri…? -Get out.
怎么样 克拉斯特先生
Well, Mr Craster?
我们恋爱了
Yes. We’re in love.
明白了
l see.
今晚你看到佩吉小姐表演了吗
Did you see Miss Page’s performance in Lac des Cygnes?
我指挥的
l was conducting.
你喜欢吗
Did you enjoy it?
是我毕生仅见的最可爱的
l think it was the loveliest thing l’ve ever seen in my life.
简直糟透了
lt was impossible.
你知道为什么吗
And you know why it was impossible?
一点专心与执意都没有
Because neither her mind nor her heart were in her work.
她作梦
She was…dreaming.
这是在我舞团里绝对不容许的
And dreaming is a luxury l’ve never permitted in my company.
佩吉小姐很想成为伟大的舞者
Miss Page wants to be a great dancer.
也许她会向你提过她的野心
Perhaps she has spoken to you about her…ambitions.
是的
Oh, yes.
但她现在还没有到达那地步
She’s not, however, a great dancer yet.
如果她被世俗的情欲所迷
Nor is she likely to become one
那她永远也达不到那境界
if she allows herself to be sidetracked by idiotic flirtations.
雷蒙妥夫先生 您不了解
Mr Lermontov, you…don’t understand.
我们是真的恋爱了
We really are in love.
克拉斯特先生 我是真的看过你最近的工作
And, Mr Craster, l have had time to look at your latest effort…
怎么样
Yes?
也发现它们一样的糟糕
..and find it equally impossible.
那不是真的 它很好
That’s not true. lt’s good.
幼稚 粗糙 完全无意义
Childish…vulgar…and completely insignificant.
即然如此 那就交给你看着办好了
ln that case, l’ll relieve you of it.
当然还有很多二流的芭蕾舞团
There are so many first-class ballet companies
他们会要的且占了大便宜
to which you may take it with advantage.
我不知道芭蕾是我最大的野心
l don’t know that it’s my greatest ambition to work for the ballet.
其中用了许多二流的技巧来表现
Some of us think it’s rather a second-rate means of expression.
雷蒙妥夫先生
Oui, Monsieur Lermontov?
克拉斯特先生要离开本团
Mr Craster is leaving the company.
付给他两周的薪水并要收据
Pay him two weeks’ salary and get the receipt.
灯光对着我
Spotlight sur moi.
把灯光一直对着我
Toujours sur moi.
莫理士
Oh, hello, Boris.
-我正要去向你道晚安 -晚安
-l was coming to say good night. -Good night.
-你要去见某人吗 -不
-ls anything the matter? -No, no.
趁我未忘记前提醒你 不要再练新曲
And before l forget it, don’t do any more work on the new ballet.
我已决定要舍弃它们
l decided to scrap it.
舍弃 什么意思
Scrap it? What do you mean?
我已经下了很大的工夫了
l worked out half the choreography already.
那年轻人朱利安是很有才华的
That boy Julian is really gifted.
是至今我们所遇到最好的
lt’s one of the finest scores we’ve ever had.
朱利安已经离职了
Julian Craster is leaving the company
我不愿意再谈论他了
and l don’t wish to discuss the matter any further.
你不愿 我可愿意
Oh, you don’t? Well, l do!
你以为我分不出音乐的好坏
Do you think l don’t know a brilliant score when l hear one?
你以为我日夜工作数周
Do you think l’ve been working day and night for weeks
等着要人告诉我浪费时间吗
for the pleasure of being told l am wasting my time?
我告诉你 我受够了这些狂妄痴态的自大症
l tell you, Boris, l’ve had enough of this lunatic asylum!
我厌烦透了
l am through with it!
我要辞职
l resign!
我想你刚做了个很重要的决定
l think you’ve made a very important decision.
嗨 你们两位好
Hello, you two.
恋爱真好
lsn’t love wonderful?
晚上好 朱利安
Bonsoir, Julian.
你好
Hello.
他怎么说
Well, what did he say?
当然他不是真的要让你走 米夏
Ah. Of course he doesn’t really want you to go, Grischa.
他有悔意
He is very sorry.
即然这样 我就不再去想它了
Well, in that case, l will think about it.
朱利安呢
What about Julian?
我从来没见过他如此郁闷
l have never seen him quite as bad as this.
他说了一大堆忘恩负义 不忠心
He talked a great deal about ingratitude and…disloyalty.
他说当私人的关系开始干扰
And he said when personal relations started to interfere…
我知道那些
Yes, l know that bit.
孩子们 我非常抱歉
My dear children, l’m very sorry.
到了早上就会不同了
Boris might feel different in the morning.
他明早就要去巴黎 八点十五分的火车
The morning? He’s leaving for Paris by the 8.15 train.
有名的佩吉小姐要来送行吗
Has the famous Miss Page come to see me off?
有话要跟你谈
l’d like to talk to you.
请你告诉我 为什么朱利安要离职
Tell me why you quarrelled with Julian.
剩下三分钟
There’s only three minutes.
我劝你 佩吉小姐 这件事跟你毫无关系
May l suggest miss Page that such matters are hardly your business?
但是 即然你来了
However, since you’ve gone to all this trouble…
克拉斯特很不聪明地干扰了我的计划
Mr Craster has been unwise enough to interfere with certain plans of mine.
而有些事我是绝不允许的
And that is something l do not permit.
我曾经一度想过在我生命里除了跳舞一事外
l thought once that there would be no room in my life
容不下一切其他事情的
for anything but dancing.
你有再度想过吗
You’ll think so again, my dear.
但如果朱利安离开 我也会走的
But if Julian goes, l shall go too.
到底你打算怎么做呢
And what do you intend to do?
我会到其它地方去跳的
l shall dance somewhere else.
显然地
Oh, yes.
以你的名气来说并不困难的
That won’t be very difficult with the name l’ve given you.
只要我中止你的契约
Always provided l release you of your contract.
但纵使我做了
But even if l do…
事情会如同以前一样吗
..would it be quite the same?
我从未想过会一样的
l have never pretended to myself that it would.
我本可以将你造成全世界最出名的芭蕾舞者之一的
l could make you one of the greatest dancers the world has ever known.
你相信吗
Do you believe that?
是的 我确信
Yes, l do.
而这些对你毫无意义吗
And all that means nothing to you?
你明白这些对我的意义的
You know exactly what it means to me.
火车要开了
The train is leaving!
再见了 雷蒙妥夫先生
Goodbye, Mr Lermontov.
佩吉小姐要走了
Miss Page is coming!
朱利安 朱利安
Julian! Julian!
我跟你一起走
l’m coming with you!
万岁
Hooray!
佩吉小姐与朱利安昨日在伦敦结婚了
笨蛋
Fool.
笨蛋
Fool.
笨蛋
Fool.
笨蛋
Fool!
进来 你迟到了
Come in. You are late.
我希望你别工作得太累
l hope you didn’t work too hard.
全部完成了 文件也带来了
All finished. l have the injunction with me.
波理士 别告诉我你改变主意了
Boris, don’t tell me you’ve changed your mind again.
我 我不想阻止她做任何事
l…l don’t want to stop her doing anything.
她可以随时随地跳舞
She can dance when and where she likes…
除了红菱艳之外
..except The Red Shoes.
-那男孩呢 -那个不同
-What about the boy? -That’s different.
他所写的根据合约都属于我 上面有载明
Everything he’s written while under contract to me is mine.
红菱艳与他已完成的另一件
The Red Shoes and his work so far on La Belle Meuniire.
他再来要写的都不关我的事
l’m not interested in anything else he may write.
但如果你要公演红菱艳的话
But if you keep The Red Shoes in the repertoire,
你就必须付他版权税
you’ll have to pay him royalties.
红菱艳不会再公演了
The Red Shoes is no longer in the repertoire!
噢
Oh.
我听说派崔克在巴黎
l understand Patrick Trevellyan’s in Paris.
是的 我昨晚与他们夫妇晚餐
Yes. l dined with them both last night.