l’m on the verge of signing for that part.
我正准备签合约演那个角 色
l am ! l can taste it. Really?
是的,快要成了 真的?
You’ll be wonderful! There’s something inside you.
你会很出 色的,你有特质
You have that same kind of lone heroic quality.
你有那种独行英雄的气质
You’re exactly right.
你说得对
Everyone has been telling me not to–you are right.
所有人都叫我不要… . 你说得对
Don’t you listen.
你别听他们的
Basically, l have been a loner my entire life.
基本上,我一辈子 都是个独行的人
Sure, anyone can see that.
当然,谁都看得出来
You’re deep and probably complicated.
你很有深度,或许也很复杂
Can l buy you lunch? Me?
我能请你吃午饭吗?我?
Please. Can l? l love talking to you.
求你,可以吗?我喜欢跟你交谈
l was going upstairs–
我要到楼上…
Come on. l open myself up around you.
来吧,我对你很有诚意
Have you ever been to Hollywood?
你有没有去过好莱坞?
Come on. Of course not.
不是吧,当然没有
l would love to just take you around Hollywood.
我很想带你去好莱坞
Can l make a confession? Sure.
我可以告解吗?当然可以
My real name is not Gil Shepherd.
我真正的名字不是吉尔谢佛德
lt’s Herman Bardebedian.
是赫曼巴德比迪恩
Really?
真的?
Yeah. l’ve been a cab driver–
是的,我当过计程车司机
Boy, do you have a pretty face.
天,你真是漂亮
Come on. You do!
不是吧 是真的
Hi, big boy.
你好,帅哥
Are you alone?
你一个人吗?
Hello.
你好
l’m alone for now…
我暂时是一个人
but later l have an appointment–
但等会我约了人
or should l say, rendezvous.
或者该说是集♥会♥
Good for you.
真好
Where’d you get the funny suit?
你哪里找来那身有趣的衣服?
What, this?
什么,这个?
You coming from a costume party?
你从化装派对来的?
No. l’m Tom Baxter of the Chicago Baxters–
不是,我是芝加哥巴斯特家族的 汤姆巴斯特…
explorer, poet, adventurer.
探险家,诗人,冒险家
Just back from Cairo, where l searched in vain…
刚从开罗回来 我在当地找不到…
for the legendary Purple Rose.
那传说中的紫玫瑰
How about that?
是吧?
Who are you?
你是谁?
My name’s Emma.
我叫埃玛
That’s lovely. What do you do?
很好,你做什么的?
l’m a working girl.
我是个上班族
And what do you do, you delicate creature?
那你做什么的,俏女郎?
Anything that’ll make a buck.
能赚到钱的都会做
We Baxters never really had to worry about money.
我们巴斯特家族的人 从来不用担心钱的
l’ll bet. You want to come along with me?
肯定是了,你要跟我来吗?
Where to, Emma?
去哪里,埃玛?
Where l work. l think you might have a good time.
去我工作的地方 你或许会很开心
Sounds enchanting. l’m up for new experiences.
听来不错,我乐于尝试新的体验
l may be able to help.
我可能可以帮到你
Hi, girls. This is Tom.
大家好,这是汤姆
Hi there, ladies. Don’t you all look enticing?
小姐们好 你们的样子都很诱人
l know what you want.
我知道你想要什么
You want to be the great white hunter…
你想做那个很棒的白种猎人
and you want me to be the tiger.
而你想我做那只老虎
l don’t get it.
我不明白
You will if you can afford it.
你付得起钱就会明白
l met Tom out at the amusement park.
我在游乐场认识汤姆的
That’s my hat.
这是我的帽子
l was thinking about something.
我在想一件事
l can imagine.
我想像得到
Two of us at the same time?
我们两个一起来?
l was thinking about very deep things–
我在想一些很深奥的东西
God and his relation with lrving Sachs and R.H. Levine.
上帝和他跟欧文萨克斯 和R.H. 莱文的关系
And l was thinking about life in general–
我也在思考生命的各方面
the origin of everything we see about us…
我们对于自 己一切的根源…
the finality of death…
死亡的终结…
and how almost magical it seems in the real world…
和真实世界,电影世界
as opposed to the world of celluloid…
和那些闪动着的身影之间…
and flickering shadows.
几乎是魔幻般的差异
Where did you find this clown?
你在哪里找到这个怪人的?
For example, the miracle of birth.
譬如说,生命诞生的奇迹
Now, l suppose some of you lovely ladies are married.
我相信各位可爱的小姐中 有人结婚了吧
Not anymore.
不再是了
The absolutely astonishing miracle of childbirth…
怀孕这个令人惊叹的奇迹…
with all its attendant feelings of humanity and pathos.
充满着人性的专注和痛苦
l stand in awe of existence.
让我对存在感到敬畏
Do you want to tie me up?
你想把我绑起来吗?
Tie you up?
把你绑起来?
That’s very funny. She’s very funny.
很有趣,她很有趣
Nice sense of humor– the absurd non sequitur.
很有幽默感… . 荒谬得前后不连贯
What’s your name, sweetheart? Martha.
甜心,你叫什么名字?玛莎
That’s the same name as the ambassador’s wife.
跟那个大使的太太名字一样
Why didn’t you bring the ambassador by?
为何你不带那个大使来?
He’s still up on the screen.
他还在银幕上
But do you share my sense of wonderment…
但你们有没有感受到我的惊叹
at the very fabric of being?
这个存在的结构?
The smell of a rose, real food, sensuous music?
玫瑰花的气味,真正的食物 醉人的音乐?
l’ve got a child.
我有一个孩子
You do? l see.
真的,噢,我知道了
You’re a widow. Poor thing.
你是个寡妇,真可怜
l got two kids, and he’s right about giving birth.
我有两个孩子 他对生育的见解很正确
lt is a beautiful experience.
它是个很美丽的经验
l never had a baby. l was pregnant, but l lost it.
我没有孩子 我曾经怀孕,但流掉了
l’m sorry to hear that.
我很难过
lt always makes me cry to think about it.
我想起这件事就会哭
There, there. You’ll have another chance.
别哭,你会再有机会的
Come on. l’d be surprised…
别这样,如果各位小姐…
if all you ladies weren’t married soon…
不早日 出嫁,我会很惊讶的
especially by the way you dress. lt’s so seductive to a man.
特别是你们的打扮 对男人来说真的是个诱惑
You like these stockings, Tom?
汤姆,你喜欢这袜子吗?
They’re just divine.
很漂亮
What kind of a club is this, anyhow?
这是一间什么俱乐部?
God, you’re a scream.
天,你真是滑稽
He’s terribly sweet.
他非常可爱
He is. l wouldn’t mind doing him for nothing.
对,我不介意免费帮他做
Me, neither. Plus, he’s cute.
我也不介意,而且他很可爱
You can count me in. Come on.
我也加入,来吧
We’re gonna take you into the bedroom…
我们带你进卧房♥
and give you an experience you’ll never forget.
给你一个永远难忘的经验
And it’s on us.
而且是免费的
l came here for a new experience.
我来这里体验一个全新经验
You’re gonna get a champion roll in the hay.
你会感到鱼如得水
What, there’s hay in the bedroom?
什么?卧房♥里有鱼?
You ever been to a brothel before?
你从来没去过妓院的吗?
What’s a brothel?
妓院是什么?
You must be kidding.
你一定是开玩笑
A brothel– a bordello, a whorehouse.
妓院… . 妓寨,青楼
l’m not following. What?
我不明白,是什么?
We go to bed with you and make love, and you pay us.
我们跟你上♥床♥做♥爱♥ 你付钱给我们
Only, because you’re so sweet, we want to treat you to a party.
但因为你这么可爱 我们免费招待你
Really?
真的?
Boy, this doesn’t ring a bell with anything l know.
天,我可记不得有这样的事情
Come on, buddy.
来吧,朋友
You know about making love, don’t you?
你懂得做♥爱♥的吧?
l can’t make love with you.
我不能跟你做♥爱♥
Don’t tell me you don’t like women.
别告诉我你不喜欢女人
Or you were wounded in the war.
或者说你打仗时受过伤
No, l’m in love with someone else.
不是,我正在跟别人谈恋爱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!