our industry’s as good as dead.
我们的行业就死定了
The real ones want their lives fiction…
真实的人要他们的生活虚构
and the fictional ones want their lives real.
虚构的人又要他们的生活真实
Does anybody know who that woman was?
有没有人知道那个女人是谁?
lt was all so crazy, nobody noticed.
当时情况很疯,没有人留意
Two doughnuts and a container of coffee to go, please.
外带两个甜甜圈和一杯咖啡
Right now, it’s chaos.
目 前情况很混乱
How can rumors be circulating at the Brown Derby?
布朗德比那里怎会传出谣言的?
lt just happened.
事情就这样发生了
Squash it, Herbie! l’ve got a career on the line.
制止它,赫比 我的事业岌岌可危
Look, l’ll call you the minute l hear.
我有消息就马上找你
Excuse me.
对不起
What are you doing here?
你在这里干嘛?
l’m sorry, l don’t have a pencil…
对不起,我没有笔
or l’d give you an autograph.
不然我会帮你签名
Where did you get those clothes?
你哪来这身衣服的?
Pardon me?
什么?
Your clothes. Where’d you get them?
你的衣服,哪里来吗?
A little store on Sunset and Vine.
日 落大道和瓦因街交界的 一间小商店
What are you talking about?
你说什么?
What are you talking about?
你说什么?
Excuse me.
对不起
l just bought you these. Two doughnuts.
我买♥♥ 了这些给你,两个甜甜圈
For me? Well, thank you very much.
给我的?谢谢
l hope you enjoy my next movie.
希望你喜欢我下一出电影
l thought you were gonna stay hidden at the park.
我以为你会躲在那个游乐场
What park?
什么游乐场?
What’s the matter with you? You’re acting so peculiar.
怎么了?你很怪异
Tom? No, l’m– Wait a minute! Come here.
汤姆?不,我是… . 等一下,过来
What’s come over you?
你有什么问题?
l’m not Tom. l’m Gil Shepherd. l play Tom.
我不是汤姆,我是吉尔谢佛德 我饰演汤姆
How do you know Tom?
你怎么认识汤姆的?
You’re Gil– Oh, my God!
你是吉尔… . 我的天
l don’t believe it! l’ve seen you in lots of movies.
我不能相信 我看过你演出很多电影
Where’s Tom?
汤姆在哪里?
”Broadway Bachelors,” right?
[百老汇单身汉],对吗?
Yeah.

”Honeymoon in Haiti”?
[海地岛蜜月 ]?
l’ve done about six.
我拍过六出电影
You were you a scream. Thank you very much.
你演得很精彩 谢谢
l try to do one a year, you know.
我尝试每年拍一出
Just to keep–Where’s Tom?
为了保持… . 汤姆在哪里?
Why?
为什么?
He’s my character. l created him.
他是我的角 色,我创造他的
Didn’t the man who wrote the movie do that?
不是编剧做的吗?
Yes, technically, but l made him live.
技术上是的 但我让他生动起来
l fleshed him out.
让他有血有肉
You did a wonderful job. He’s adorable.
你做得很好,他很可爱
Thank you very much.
谢谢你
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字?
Cecilia
西西丽雅
Where is he? Why?
他在哪里?为什么?
Has he done anything wrong?
他有没有做错事?
Like what?
譬如呢?
Has he stolen anything or attacked any females? You?
有没有偷窃或者袭击女性?你?
Gosh, no. He’s as sweet as can be.
天,没有,他人非常好
l played him sweet. l was well-reviewed.
我把他演成好人,我得到好评
lt comes across.
像而可知
Good. l gotta speak to him.
好,我要跟他谈一下
You’re not upset with him?
你不是生他的气吧?
A little, yes, but l know if l spoke to him…
有一点,不过我知道 如果我跟他谈谈
we could straighten everything out.
我们可以把事情弄明白
l don’t know.
我不知道
Please, l have a right.
求你,我有权利
lt has to be secret.
一定要秘密行事
He doesn’t want to go back into the movie.
他不想回到电影里去
He doesn’t? No. He loves being free.
他不想?对,他喜欢自 由
He’s having the time of his life.
他现在很快乐
Would you take me to him? Trust me.
带我去见他吧?相信我 !
Please.
求求你
Monk, somebody saw your wife last night…
蒙克,有人昨晚看见你的老婆
at the Dine and Dance joint.
在宴舞餐厅
Sure. She’s there every night with the Rockefellers.
对,她每晚都跟名流们一起去的
She was with this crazy-looking guy…
他跟一个怪模样的傢伙一起
wearing an explorer’s hat and breeches.
他戴着探险家帽子,穿着马裤
Breeches? You’re nuts.
马裤?你疯了
She was baby-sitting.
她去当保母了
Right. l guess you know it all.
对,我看你是知道的
All right, who’s next?
好,轮到谁?
Cecilia, l dreamed of us in Cairo–
我梦见我们在开罗
l brought Gil Shepherd.
我带了… . 吉尔谢佛德
l play you in the movie. You do?
我在那出电影里扮演你的 真的?
How dare you run away!
你胆敢跑走
This is disconcerting.
这件事很困窘
l’ll show you the meaning of disconcerting!
我给你看看什么叫困窘
l’m trying to build a career!
我正在建立一个事业
l don’t want to be in the film anymore.
我不要再做电影了
l’m in love with Cecilia!
我爱上了 西西丽雅
Mr. Shepherd, you said you weren’t angry.
谢佛德先生 你说过你没有生气的
You can’t do this to me. lt’s my best role.
你不能这样对待我 这是我最棒的角 色
l’ve been critically acclaimed for this!
我受到特别好评的
Because of the way l do it.
因为我的演出
No, because of the way l do it.
不是,因为我的演出
l’m doing it, not you. lt’s me, not him !
是我做的,不是你 是我,不是他
Then how do you explain that here l am?
那么你怎么解释我在这里?
l took you from the printed page and made you live.
我把你带出剧本,把你演活
So l’m living. For the screen only!
所以我活着 只是在银幕
l want my freedom.
我要我的 自 由
l don’t want another one of me running around the world.
我不要另一个我在世上到处跑
l can just imagine what he’s–
我可以想像他是…
Are you afraid l’ll embarrass you?
你是不是害怕我会令你尴尬?
Frankly, l’m afraid–
老实说,我害怕…
But you created me.
但你创造了我
Look, be reasonable here.
你讲讲道理吧
l’m starting to build a career.
我正开始建立我的事业
ls life up on the screen so terrible?
银幕上的生活这么可怕的吗?
l want to be with Cecilia. l’m in love with her.
我要跟西西丽雅在一起 我爱上了她
Would you tell him to go back? Tell him you don’t love him.
你叫他回去,好吗?告诉他你不爱他
Tell him you can’t love him. He’s fictional.
告诉他你不能爱他,他是虚构的
Do you want to waste your time with a fictional character?
你想把你的时间浪费在 一个虚构的角 色上?
You’re a sweet girl. You deserve an actual human.
你是个可爱的女孩 你应该拥有真正的人类
But Tom’s perfect.
但汤姆是完美的
But he’s not real.
但他不是真的
What good is perfect if the man’s not real?
如果那个人不是真的 完美又有什么用?
l can learn to be real.
我可以学习做真实的人
lt’s easy. There’s nothing to it.
很容易,没什么大不了
Being real comes very naturally to me.
我很自 然地就做到真人
You can’t learn to be real.
你不能学习做真人
lt’s like being a midget. lt’s not a thing you can learn.
就好像去学做一个侏儒 这不是你能学到的
Some of us are real, some are not.
我们有些人是真的,有些人不是
l say l can do it.
我做得到的
l’m not staying here to argue with you.
我不要留下来跟你争吵
l’m going back to town…
我会回城里去…
and call my attorney, the actors’ union.
还会找我的律师,演员工会
l won’t take this lying down, nor will Raoul Hirsch.
我不会善罢甘休的 拉乌尔赫希也不会
Nor the police, nor the FBl.
警方,联邦调查局也不会
We found him.
我们找到他了
Gil Shepherd found him…
吉尔谢佛德找到他了
but he refuses to get back on the screen.
但他拒绝回到银幕上
R.H. is very upset.
拉乌尔赫希很生气

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!