You can have that. Also, l have a Milky-Way bar.
你可以吃它 我还有一条巧克力棒
No, popcorn is… Might want it later.
不,爆米花是… . 你可能等会儿才想吃
Boy! So that’s what popcorn tastes like!
天,爆米花原来是这个味道
Been watching people eat it for all those performances.
我在演出时一直看见人们吃它
When they rattle those bags, though, that’s annoying.
但他们摇动那些袋子时很讨厌
l still don’t understand what’s going on.
我还是不明白发生了什么事
l wanted to meet you.
我想认识你
Don’t tell me you didn’t see me looking at you…
别告诉我你看不到 当凯蒂海恩斯…
out of the corner of my eye…
在夜♥总♥会♥表演时
when Kitty Haynes is doing her nightclub number.
我从眼角看着你
Wait a minute. l remember seeing you.
等一下,我记得看到你
You were looking off to the side somehow…
你往一边看着
but l never thought it was to me.
但我从没想过原来是看着我
And when we take the drive to that little country inn…
还有当我们开车 到那间乡村小旅馆
when l propose to Kitty, l was looking at you.
当我向凯蒂求婚时 其实我是看着你
Kitty looked so beautiful in that black dress.
凯蒂穿着那条黑色的裙子很漂亮
She’s nothing compared to you.
她比不上你
What are you talking about? l’m nothing.
你说什么?我算不上什么
Like hell you are. You’re fetching.
不是,你很谜人
Fetching? Fetching.
谜人?谜人
Dad liked to use that word about Mom back in Chicago.
爸爸在芝加哥时 很喜欢用那个字眼形容妈妈
”Min,” he’d say, ”you’re rather fetching.”
他说 : [明,你很谜人]
Dad was a card. Never met him. He died before the movie begins.
爸爸是个怪人,从没见过他 在电影开映前他已经死了
Well, l have to confess.
我得承认
My eye did always go to you up on the screen.
我经常看着在银幕上的你
Really? Really.
真的?真的
Even around Detective Simms and Henry Adams the playboy?
即使在西姆斯探员 和花♥花♥公♥子♥亨利亚当斯身旁?
Even though you’re not the main character…
即使你不是主角
you’re the one you look at.
我看着的还是你
You don’t think l’m the main character?
你认为我不是主角?
l didn’t mean it that way.
我不是那个意思
l think you’re positively essential.
我认为你是绝不可少
ln fact, every time l saw the movie…
事实上,每次看到那出电影
l kept thinking, ”Tom Baxter’s so handsome.”
我都不停在想 : [汤姆巴斯特真帅]
Shouldn’t you be getting back?
你应该回去了吧?
l want to live and be free to make my own choices.
我要活着和能自 由选择
Right now the country’s not in such great shape.
国家现在不是那么景气
What do you mean?
什么意思?
We’re in the middle of a depression.
我们正处于经济萧条
Everybody’s very poor.
每个人都很穷
l got plenty. Look at this!
我有很多钱,看
But they need you. The story doesn’t work without you.
但他们需要你 没有你,那个故事不行的
l’m in love with you.
我爱上了你
l’m married.
我已经结婚了
Happily?
愉快吗?
l really should get back home. l have to cook dinner.
我真的要回家了,我要弄晚饭
Slip away from your husband tonight.
今晚别管你的丈夫
Meet me here. l’ll wait for you.
来这里见我吧,我会等你
l want to learn about the real world with you.
我要跟你一起了解这个真实世界
l can’t.
我不行
Look at it this way.
这样看吧
How many times is a man so taken with a woman…
有多少次一个男人会 为一个女人倾倒
that he walks off the screen to get her?
而从银幕走出来找她?
Let’s not panic. We’re all adults.
我们别惊慌,我们都是成人
Bored with sitting around. l’m a dramatic character.
我讨厌坐着 我是个戏剧化的角 色
l need forward motion.
我需要向前行
Here comes the Countess and Larry.
伯爵夫人和拉瑞来了
Where is everybody?
所有人去了哪里?
Weren’t we meeting at the Copacabana?
我们不是在科帕卡巴纳见面的吗?
Tom’s gone. What?
汤姆走了 什么?
He left the film.
他离开 了这出电影
What? Tom walked out on us.
什么?汤姆舍弃了我们
But the Copa is where the two of us meet.
但我们会在夜♥总♥会♥认识
l try to get him to marry me.
我设法要他娶我
Forget it. l’m tired of marrying you every night.
算了,我厌倦每晚都要娶你
We never even get to the bedroom.
我们连卧房♥也没有去过
Where did Tom go? lnto the real world.
汤姆去了哪里?进入了真实的世界
That two-bit minor character leaves, and we’re stuck!
那个二流小角 色离开 了 我们就做不成
l wonder what it’s like out there.
不知道外面是怎么样的
They don’t look like they’re having too much fun to me.
他们看来不是太开心
What the hell kind of movie is this?
这到底是什么类型的电影?
The paper said it was a romance set all over the world!
报纸说它是遍及全世界的爱情片
Don’t tell us your sad stories. Do you think we like this?
别告诉我们关于你们的悲惨故事 你们以为我们喜欢这样?
Look at this. They sit around and talk, and no action?
看,他们坐着闲聊,又没有动作
Nothing happens?
没有情节?
l want my money back. This is outrageous.
我要退钱,这真是不可思议
Why don’t you stop yapping? We’ve got problems of our own.
你别胡扯好吗?我们也有 自 己的麻烦
You can’t talk to my wife like that.
你不能这样跟我的太太说话
Who do you think you are?
你以为你自 己是谁?
l’m a genuine countess with a lot of dough…
我真的是个富有的伯爵夫人
and if that’s your wife, she’s a tub of guts.
如果那是你的太太 她是个窝囊废
You said it!
你胡说
What are you so nervous about?
你这么紧张干嘛?
Me? l’m not.
我?没有
There’s too much pepper in the sauce.
酱汁太多胡椒了
l told you to go easy on the pepper.
我叫你别放那么多胡椒的
l guess you and the guys…
你和大伙儿…
are probably going out again tonight, huh?
今晚又要出去,是吧?
No, l’m not. My back is acting up again.
不是,我的背又痛 了
You gotta give me one of your special rubdowns.
你要帮我按♥摩♥一下
l bought liniment.
我买♥♥ 了松弛肌肉药
What?
什么?
l can’t.
不行
What do you mean, you can’t?
什么意思不行?
l’m sorry. l didn’t mean l can’t.
对不起,我不是说不行
l mean l made some plans.
我的意思是说我有事
You made plans?
你有事?
l said l’d baby-sit tonight.
我说过今晚要做保母的
l ran into Mrs. Lorenzo in the restaurant–
我今天在餐厅…
in the street today.
我是说街上碰到洛伦佐太太
And she has some, l don’t know–
她有一个… . 我不知道
l think it was a social club meeting…
我看是社交俱乐部聚会之类
or something she wanted to go to.
她要出席
lt won’t be too long.
我不会去太久
l think it’s a great idea.
这是个好主意
Yeah? Good.
是吗?很好
Because we can use every penny.
因为我们需要钱
So what am l gonna do about my back?
我的背怎么办?
Don’t worry. l can do some now…
放心,我现在可以按一下
and l’ll do some when l come in.
我回来后再按
You shouldn’t move around too much. Just take it easy.
你不该到处动的,放松点
lf you’re gonna go baby-sit, get paid in cash.
你去当保母,要收现金
l will. Don’t let her owe you.
我会的 别让她欠钱
lt’s a complete miracle!
这是个奇迹
We want our money back.
我们要退钱
l don’t pay to watch those socialites sitting around…
我不要付钱看着 上面那些上流社会的人坐下来…
up there staring back at us making nasty remarks.
盯着我们,说着尖酸刻薄的话
ls that what they’re doing now?
他们现在那么做?
Last time l looked, the priest had a deck of cards…
上次我看时 那个神父拿着一副纸牌
and the men were playing pinochle.
那几个男人在玩皮纳克尔牌
How’d this first happen?
这件事怎么开始的?
lt’s probably all the electrical storms…
可能是这一季发生的…
we’ve had this season. The air is charged.
雷电风暴,空气充电了
Fellas, l depend on the Jewel. l got personal expenses.
各位,我靠宝石戏院维生 我有个人开支的
l got no substitute picture to put in here.
我没有后备电影放映了
l want my money back! This is a swindle!
我要退钱,这是个骗局
There’s no story. Mrs. Lupus likes a story.
没有剧情 卢帕斯太太喜欢有剧情的
l still think you should turn the projector off and shut down.
我还是认为 你该关掉放映机和关门
This could be the work of Reds or anarchists.
这可能是共♥产♥党 或无政♥府♥主义者的所为
You can’t do that. lf he turns off the projector…
你不能那样做 如果他把放映机关掉