Back from Egypt. From the Bedouins to Broadway.
从埃及回来了 从贝 多因回到了百老汇
Though l’m not a religious man…
虽然我不是个教♥徒♥
l hereby vow never to fly over the Atlantic in bumpy weather…
但我祈求永远不用 在恶劣的天气飞越大西洋
and never to look at another camel.
也不用再看另一头骆驼
Drinks, anyone?
谁要喝酒?
Boy, l can’t wait to get out of these clothes…
我,我真想快点脱下这些衣服
and hit some of the night spots.
赶快到夜♥总♥会♥消遣去
Well, children, let’s not waste any time.
孩子们,我们别浪费时间 了
The floor show at the Copacabana starts in ten minutes…
科帕卡巴纳的表演 十分钟后就开始
and we’re meeting the Countess and Larry Wilde.
我们还要会合 伯爵夫人和拉瑞怀尔德
Well, l am impressed.
真的不错
You have yourself quite a place here.
你这个地方挺好的
l still can’t get over the fact that 24 hours ago…
我还是不能相信二十四小时前
l was in an Egyptian tomb.
我还在一个埃及坟墓里
l didn’t know any of you wonderful people…
跟你们这班可爱的人毫不认识
and here l am now.
我现在卻在这里
l’m on the verge of a madcap Manhattan weekend.
准备度过一个疯狂的曼哈顿周末
l hope you like your martinis very dry.
希望你喜欢很干的马丁尼酒
No, thanks.
不,谢谢
l’ll wait for that glass of champagne at the Copacabana.
我会等待在科帕卡巴纳的 那杯香槟
Miss Rita, something on your mind?
丽塔小姐,你有心事吗?
You ain’t been yourself since you come back from the pyramids.
你从金字塔回来后就判若两人
lt’s nothing. l’ll be OK.
没什么,我没事
l don’t suspect it has anything to do…
我猜不是跟那个…
with that explorer fella, Mr. Tom Baxter?
探险家汤姆巴斯特先生有关吧?
Why would you say that?
你为什么那样说?
The way he speaks– all romantic-like.
他的谈吐是那么的浪漫
Come on, Delilah, draw my bath.
别这样 德莉拉给我准备洗澡水吧
Yes, ma’am.
是,小姐
Will you be wantin’ the big bubbles or the asses’ milk?
你要泡泡浴还是牛奶浴?
Boy, l can’t wait to get out of these clothes…
天,我真想快点脱下这些衣服
and hit some of the night spots.
赶快到夜♥总♥会♥消遣去
Well, children, let’s not waste any time.
孩子们,我们别浪费时间 了
The floor show at the Copacabana starts in ten minutes…
科帕卡巴纳的表演 十分钟后就开始
and we’re meeting the Countess and Larry Wilde.
我们还要跟伯爵夫人 和拉瑞怀尔德会合
Well, l am very impressed.
真的不错
You have yourself quite a place here.
你这个地方挺好的
l still can’t get over the fact that 24 hours ago…
我还是不能相信二十四小时前
l was in an Egyptian tomb.
我还在一个埃及坟墓里
l didn’t know any of you wonderful people…
跟你们这班可爱的人毫不认识
and here l am now.
我现在卻在这里
l’m on the verge of a madcap Manhattan weekend.
准备度过一个疯狂的曼哈顿周末
My God, you must really love this picture.
天,你一定是很喜欢这出电影了
Me?
我?
You’ve been here all day, and l’ve seen you here twice before.
你整天在这里 我以前看你来过两次了
You mean me?
你是说我?
Yes, you. This is the fifth time you’re seeing this.
对,你,这是你第五次看它了
Henry, come here. Quickly.
亨利,过来,快点
l gotta speak to you.
我要跟你谈一下
Oh, my God!
我的天
Listen, old sport, you’re on the wrong side.
老兄,你走错边了
Tom, get back here. We’re in the middle of a story.
汤姆,回来,我们还在演戏呢
l want to have a look around. Go on without me.
我想到处看看,你们继续吧
Who are you? Cecilia.
你是谁?西西丽雅
l’ll go get the manager.
我去找经理
Let’s go somewhere where we can talk.
我们找个地方谈谈吧
But you’re in the movie!
但你是在电影里的
Wrong, Cecilia, l’m free.
错了,西西丽雅,我自 由 了
After 2,000 performances of the same monotonous routine…
经过两千次单调不变的演出
l’m free!
我自 由 了
Call Father Donnelly.
找唐纳利神父
l don’t understand. What’s going on? Who are you?
我不明白,到底怎么了?你是谁
Who am l? You’ve seen the movie five times.
我是谁?你看过这出电影五遍了
l’m Tom Baxter…
我是汤姆巴斯特…
poet, adventurer, explorer, of the Chicago Baxters.
芝加哥巴斯特家族的 诗人,冒险家,探险家
l know you’re Tom Baxter.
我知道你是汤姆巴斯特
You wind up with Kitty Haynes, the nightclub singer.
你最后会跟夜♥总♥会♥歌♥星 凯蒂海恩斯一起
Not anymore l don’t. What do you mean?
不再是了 你是什么意思?
l’m out before the wedding. l’m free.
我在婚礼前出来了,我自 由 了
Don’t you have to marry her?
你不是要娶她的吗?
Not while l’m here and she’s up there.
我在这里就不会了 而且她在上面
Don’t you want to? She’s so beautiful.
你不想娶她吗?她这么漂亮
She’s not for me. Too bony.
她不合适我的,太瘦削了
Kitty Haynes the nightclub singer is bony?
夜♥总♥会♥歌♥星凯蒂海恩斯瘦削?
l need a place to hide.
我要找个地方躲起来
l’m never going back now that l’ve met you.
现在我认识了你 我永远也不回去了
A place to hide?
找个地方躲起来?
What’s happening?
发生了什么事?
Tom has left. He just walked right out.
汤姆走了,他就这样走了 出去
l don’t know how he did it. l can’t get out.
我不知道他怎么做得到的 我不能出去
This is just disgusting. l am an heiress…
这件事真恶心,我是个女继承人
and l don’t have to put up with this.
我不必忍♥受这样的事
He left the picture? Oh, my gosh.
他离开 了那出电影?我的天
Well, don’t panic. Stay up there and keep calm.
冷静点,留在那里,保持镇定
Keep calm? Are you crazy?
保持镇定?你疯的吗?
Did somebody call for a priest?
有没有人找神父?
Thank God you’re here.
谢天谢地你来了
Wait a minute. This is the second reel.
等一下,这是第二场
l’m not on till later.
我还要等会儿才出场
Can’t you go on? There’s an audience.
你们不能继续吗?这里还有观众
How? Tom was the linchpin of the story.
怎么继续?汤姆是故事的关键人物
She’s right, whoever you are.
她说得对,不管你是谁
Although this is my story, Tom moves the exposition–
虽然这是我的故事 汤姆把剧情转移…
lt’s not your story. lt’s the story…
这不是你的故事,它是…
of a man’s quest for self-fulfillment.
关于一个追求 自 我实现的男人的故事
lt’s the story of a complex tortured soul–
它是一个复杂心灵受创的故事
lt’s the story of the effect of money on true romance.
是金钱对真爱产生影响的故事
My upbringing, my wealth–
我的成长,我的财富…
l’m the one who marries royalty.
我是跟贵族成婚的人
Nobody cares.
没有人在乎
What do you mean they don’t care?
什么意思?他们不在乎?
They wouldn’t sell a ticket if it were your story.
如果是你的故事 他们会卖♥♥不出票的
Stop arguing. And do what?
别吵了 那做什么?
Maybe you should just turn the projector off.
也许你该把放映机关掉
Don’t turn the projector off! lt gets black and we disappear.
别关掉放映机 它一片 漆黑,我们会消失
Easy, my friend. We’re all in this together.
朋友放松点,我们会同舟共济的
You don’t understand what it’s like to disappear…
你不明白消失是怎么样的
to be nothing, annihilated!
熄灭,湮没
Don’t turn the projector off.
别关掉放映机
Miss Rita, your bath is ready.
丽塔小姐,浴缸准备好了
Not now, dear. What’s going on?
现在不行 发生了什么事?
What’s he doing here? Have a martini.
他在这里干嘛?喝酒
He’s not supposed to be here till reel six.
他要到第六场时才出场的
We know that, Delilah.
我们知道
What the hell is going on? Somebody trying to hustle me?
搞什么鬼?有人想骗我吗?
l know what this is. lt’s an amusement park!
我知道这是什么,是一个游乐场
lt’s usually pretty dead around here till summer.
这里要到夏季才会热闹起来
l know exactly what an amusement park is…
我知道游乐场是什么…
and what goes on, l do!
也知道它的怎样的,真的
That’s good.
很好
lt’s written into my character.
跟我的角 色有关
Remember, l invite Kitty to Luna Park…
记得吗?我邀请凯蒂去卢纳公园
but she prefers just to stay home and talk.
但她宁愿留在家里聊天
So it’s in me!
所以它是跟我有关
Too bad nothing’s open. l’m starved!
可惜全部都关门了,我肚子很饿
You are?
真的?
l left the movie before the Copacabana scenes.
我在去夜♥总♥会♥前的一幕 离开 了银幕
That’s when l usually eat.
我通常在那时吃东西
Wait! What am l thinking?
等一会,我在想什么?
Look, here, l’ve got a whole bag of popcorn.
看,我有一袋爆米花

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!