We’re not talking about in love. We’re talking about making love.
我们不是说谈恋爱 我们说的是做♥爱♥
But l love Cecilia.
但我爱西西丽雅
So what? Marry Cecilia. This is just for fun.
那又如何?娶西西丽雅吧 这只是作乐罢了
l couldn’t do that.
我不能那样做
Ladies! My gracious!
小姐们,我的天
Don’t think l’m not appreciative of your offer…
我很感谢你们的招待…
though l must say the concept is totally new to me…
虽然我觉得这个概念非常新奇
but l’m just hopelessly head-over-heels in love…
但我真的是全心全意地爱着…
with Cecilia. She is all l want.
西西丽雅,我只想要她
My devotion is to her, my loyalties.
我对她是真心一意
Every breath she takes makes my heart dance.
她的一举一动 都让我很兴奋
This guy just kills me.
这个傢伙真要命
Are there any other guys like you out there?
外面还有没有像你这样的男人?
Lawson’s Music Store.
罗森乐器公♥司♥
This store’s been here since l was a kid.
我小时候这间商店就在这里了
l wish l could play an instrument.
但愿我会玩一种乐器
That’s my other ambition in life…
那是我的另一个志愿
is to be a great classical violinist…
就是做一个伟大的古典小提琴家
thousands cheering me night after night.
每个晚上几千人对着我欢呼
l can play the ukulele. You can?
我会玩尤克里里琴 真的?
My father taught me before he ran away.
我父亲离家出走前教我的
l’m Alabamy bound
我要去阿♥拉♥巴马州
There’ll be no heebie-jeebies hangin’ round
那里没有紧张不安的胡混
Just gave the meanest ticket man on earth
给我一张最便宜的车票
All l’m worth
我只有这么多钱
To put my tootsies in an upper berth
让我睡上铺
Just hear that choo-choo sound
听那火车声
Whoo whoo!
呜呜
l know that soon we’re gonna cover ground
我知道我们很快就到达
And then l’ll holler ’cause the world will know
然后我会高兴大叫 因为全世界都知道
Here l go
我来了
l’m Alabamy bound
我要去阿♥拉♥巴马州
Whoa!
太棒了
l’m Alabamy bound
我要去阿♥拉♥巴马州
That was wonderful! Thanks.
很精彩 谢谢
That’s like a dream.
这好像一场梦
Listen.
听着
My baby loves me
我的宝贝爱我
l don’t know nobody
我不知道有谁
As happy as we
像我们这样快乐
She’s only 20
她只有二十岁
And l’m 21
我二十一岁
We never worry
我们没有忧虑
We’re just havin’ fun
只有欢乐
Bum bum bum
在游玩
Sometimes we quarrel
我们偶尔争吵
And maybe we fight
可能还会打架
But then we make up
但第二天晚上
The following night
我们就和好如初
When we’re together
我们在一起时
We’re great company
是形影不离的
l love my baby
我爱我的宝贝
And my baby loves me
我的宝贝也爱我
That was wonderful!
很好听
After the Lindbergh movie, you should do a musical.
拍完林白那出戏,你该演音乐剧
l did have one bit in one once.
我在一出戏里唱过一点的
l saw ”Dancing Doughboys.”
我看过 [跳舞的步兵]
”Dancing Doughboys”! You remembered!
[跳舞的步兵],你记得
That was great.
很精彩
You turned to lna Beasley and said…
你转身对艾娜比斯利说
”l won’t be going south with you this winter.”
[这个冬季 我不会跟你去南部了 ]
That’s exac–Right.
没错
”l won’t be going south with you this winter.
[这个冬季 我不会跟你去南部了 ]
”We have a little score to settle…
[我们要去大西洋的另一端]
”on the other side of the Atlantic.”
[平息一场战事]
”Does this mean l won’t be seeing you ever again?”
[我是不是永远再见不到你?]
”Ever is a long time.”
[永远是很久的]
”When you leave, don’t look back.”
[你离去时,别回头看]
You remember it perfectly.
你记得很清楚
Then l took her in my arms and l kissed her…
然后我把她报入怀里吻她
knowing it was for the last time.
心里知道这是最后一次
God, you’re beautiful.
天,你很漂亮
Was it fun kissing lna Beasley?
吻艾娜比斯利,好玩吗?
lt was a movie kiss.
那是电影的接吻
We professionals can put that stuff on just like that.
我们这些专业演员 可以假装那样做的
lt looked like you loved her.
你好像很爱她似的
Oh, my goodness.
我的天
Feel my heart.
抚摸我的心
l bet–l should–
我看… . 我应该…
Thank you so much for the ukulele.
谢谢你那个尤克里里琴
Don’t be offended. l didn’t mean–
不要介意,我不是有意…
l’m not offended. l’m just confused.
我没有介意,我只是很困惑
l’m married. l just met a wonderful new man.
我已经结婚了 我刚认识了一个很好的男人
He’s fictional, but you can’t have everything.
他是虚构的,但你不能强求
Can l see you later?
我以后可以见你吗?
No. l’m meeting Tom.
不,我会去见汤姆
My own creation plagues me.
我自 己的创作在耍我
Anything happening out there? Not a thing.
外面有没有消息?没有
Life is amazing, isn’t it?
生命真是有趣,对吗?
One little minor character, takes some action…
一个小闲角干了点事情
and the whole world is turned upside-down.
全世界就翻天复地了
What if he never comes back?
如果他永远不回来怎么办?
We just drift till they shut the projector.
我们只好飘浮着 直到他们关掉放映机
Will you shut up? Stop that.
你闭嘴好吗?别吵了
He’ll be back. l feel it.
我有预感他会回来的
l don’t want to sit around and wait.
我不要光坐着等
That’s exactly what they want.
他们就是想那样
Who? The bosses.
谁?那些老闆
Look at us! Sitting around, slaves to some stupid scenario.
看我们,光是坐着 成了一件蠢事的奴隶
Meanwhile, the fat cats in Hollywood…
好莱坞那些有财有势的人
are getting rich on our work–
就靠我们的工作发财
studio heads, writers, movie stars.
电影公♥司♥老闆,编剧,电影明星
Stop it!
住口
But we’re the ones who sweat!
但苦干的是我们
We’re the characters on the screen, not them !
我们是银幕上的演员,不是他们
You’re a Red.
你是个共♥产♥党
l say unite, brothers, and take action!
兄弟们,我们要团结起来 采取行动
What possible action? Shut up and sit down!
什么行动?闭嘴,坐下
Wait a minute! Shut up, will you?
等一下,闭嘴,好吗?
What if all this is merely a matter of semantics?
如果这只是一件 语意符号♥学的事呢?
How can it be semantics?
怎会是语意符号♥学?
Wait a minute.
等一下
Let’s just readjust our definitions.
让我们重组我们的定义
Let’s redefine ourselves as the real world…
重新确定我们为真实世界…
and them as the world of illusion and shadow. You see?
而他们是虚幻世界,明白吗?
We’re reality, they’re a dream.
我们是现实,他们是梦境
You’d better calm down.
你还是冷静点吧
You’ve been up on the screen flickering too long.
你在银幕上闪动得太久了
lt’s confirmed.
证实了
lt is? l was afraid this might happen.
真的?我就是害怕会发生这件事
The Tom Baxter character…
那个汤姆巴斯特的角 色
tried leaving the screen in four theaters–
想离开四间戏院的银幕
St. Louis, Chicago, Denver, and Detroit…
圣路易市,芝加哥 丹佛和底特律
and he almost made it in Detroit.
他在丹佛几乎成功了
lt looks bad.
情况很糟
Those movie houses are in a state of pandemonium.
那些戏院陷于混乱状态
There’s no way to keep the lid on it.
无法把事情隐瞒了
l see hundreds of lawsuits.
我预料有几百宗诉讼
We better pull the picture out of release.
我们还是停止放映那出电影吧
What, in those towns?
在那些城市?