25字以下 行
ln 25 words or less? Okay.
制片人给编剧打电♥话♥ 编剧的女朋友说他去看电影了
Movie exec calls writer. Girlfriend says he’s at the movies.
制片人就去了影院 见到了编剧 跟他一起喝了几杯
Exec goes to movies, meets writer, drinks with writer.
后来编剧被打晕了 在四英寸的污水里被淹死
Writer gets conked and dies in 4 inches of dirty water.
制片人这下死定了
Movie exec is in deep shit.
你觉得怎样
What do you think?
超出25个字了 并且都是狗屁
That’s more than 25 words. And it’s bullshit.
帕萨迪纳那个杀人犯可不这么想 他们有完整的报告
Pasadena homicide doesn’t think so. They’ve got a complete report.
你在里亚托碰到了卡恩
You met Kahane at the Rialto,
跟他一起喝酒 在日本酒馆 然后他比你先离开
got drunk with him. He left before you.
那是人们最后一次见到他还活着 或许除了你吧
That’s the last time anyone saw him alive, except you, maybe.
你为什么要否认
Why are you denying this?
那警方怎么看
Well, what do the police think?
他们觉得是一次拙劣的抢劫而已
They think it’s a botched robbery.
他的车窗被砸碎 他很惊讶于自己的收音机不见了
The window of his car was busted. He surprised someone taking the radio.
然后有打斗 他被杀害
There was a fight, he was killed.
我没有杀他 沃特
l didn’t kill him, Walter.
但我确实去见他了 我知道我刚才说我没有 但我的确去了
But l went to see him. l know l said l didn’t, but l did.
那你为什么对我撒谎
Why’d you lie to me?
我最近日子真的不好过
Now’s not a very good time for me.
你没有听到那些传言吗 我就要滚了
Haven’t you heard the rumors? I’m on my way out.
正是我想要的 多来点戏剧性
Just what l need, a little more controversy.
真的不是时候
lt’s not a good time.
听着
Look.
不论从什么方面理解 我都负责这个片场的安全
I’m in charge of studio security in every definition of the word.
也就是说 我得负责这个制片厂的头儿他是不是
Which means it is my job to take care of a studio executive should he be…
在现在生意不景气的时候还被怀疑是杀人犯
under suspicion of murder at a time when profits are down…
甚至公♥司♥都有被收♥购♥的风险
and the company is vulnerable for a takeover.
我得保证这些事绝对绝对绝对没人知道
lt is my job to keep this very, very quiet!
你想不想好好配合
Do you want to help?
-当然 -那就别撒谎了
-Of course. -Then stop lying.
-你跟他见过几次 -一次
-How many times did you meet with him? -Once.
-昨晚不算 -昨晚不算
-Not counting last night. -Not counting last night.
那为什么跑那么远去帕萨迪纳见他
Why’d you go all the way to Pasadena to meet him?
他有个想法我很感兴趣 就想要马上当面谈谈
He had an idea l was interested in. l wanted to talk to him right away.
他的女朋友也是你认识的咯 反应快点
Was his girlfriend a friend, too? Think fast.
天哪 沃特 这怎么回事
Jesus Christ, Walter. What is this?
第三阶段 等到警♥察♥开始盘问再反应
The third degree. Wait until the police start asking questions.
我现在就去警局 你跟我一起去
l’ll go to the police now. You come with me.
你现在的行为就跟犯了罪一样
You’re acting like someone who’s guilty.
你没杀人对吧
You’re not guilty, are you?
最后说一次 我没杀人
I’m not a murderer.
坏消息
Bad news?
什么
What?
传真 是坏消息
The fax. ls it bad news?
生意上的普通事
Business as usual.
害死大卫·卡恩的并不是这好莱坞体系
The Hollywood system did not murder David Kahane.
不是这投资9800万的电影 也不是身价1200万的明星
Not the $98 million movie, not the $12 million actor.
甚至跟这没最终签成的一百万美元的合约无关
Not even the million dollar deal that David Kahane never landed.
我们能怪罪到好莱坞头上的
The most that we can pin on Hollywood…
最多就是它有这种潜在的攻击性
is assault with intent to kill.
因为这个社会对这次谋杀事件是有责任的
Because society is responsible for this particular murder.
为了这个社会我们必须调查
lt is to society we must look…
对这次的犯罪事件我们是否有公正对待
if we are to have justice for that crime.
因为那天夜里的某个人
Because someone in the night…
害死了大卫·卡恩
killed David Kahane.
那个人必须承担罪责
And that person will have to bear the guilt.
如果大卫能看到现在这一切
And if David were here now…
我深知他一定会这么说
l know in my heart that he would say…
“别放狗屁了 菲尔
‘Cut the shit, Phil.
你跟这件事学到了什么 学到了什么”
What did you learn from this? Did you learn anything from this?
我会说”大卫 我学到了很多
And I’d say, ‘Yeah, David, l’ve learned a lot.
我们就从这里入手
We here will take it from here.
下一次我们把剧本卖♥♥到100万
And the next time we sell a script for a million dollars…
再把某个混♥蛋♥制片人摁在墙上 我们要说
and nail some shit-bag producer to the wall, we’ll say…
这是还给大卫·凯恩的”
That’s another one for David Kahane.
大卫去世那天仍旧在工作 在这里念给大家听
David was working on something the day he died. I’d like to share it with you.
“无尽的黑暗 一只癞皮狗在叫唤
‘Blackness. A mangy dog barks.
垃圾桶盖子被掀开 像被丢弃在街道上
Garbage can lids are lifted as derelicts in the street…
寻觅食物
hunt for food.
一个廉价闹钟响了起来
Buzzing, as a cheap alarm clock goes off.
清晨的房♥间里
lnterior. Flophouse room. Early morning.
镜头跟踪拍摄这间肮脏的的屋子
A tracking shot moves through the grimy room.
光沿着孔照到窗子黄色的阴影上
Light streams in through holes in yellowing window shades.
飞蛾在光束里飞舞
Moths dance in the beams of light.
镜头再跟进到地板上 有破损的地毯
Track down along the floor. The frayed rug.
在一只破旧的鞋子上停下来
Stop on an old shoe.
鞋子是空的”
lt’s empty.
他只写到这里
That’s as far as he got.
他最后的句子
That’s the last thing he wrote.
就这样吧 大卫
So long, Dave.
消失了
Fade out.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
你是谁 好像不是编剧吧
Who are you? You’re not a writer.
不 我是格里芬·米尔
No, I’m Griffin Mill.
大卫那天晚上 我们打过电♥话♥
We spoke the night David…
蓝海 白海 是的
Blue sea, white sea. Yes.
-结果你是对的 -什么
-lt turned out you were right. -What?
是红色的海
lt was a red sea.
噢 是啊
Oh, yeah.
这里我就认识你一个人了
You’re the only person l know here.
关于大卫的事 我真的很遗憾
I’m really sorry about David.
他很有才华
He was a talent.
你真的这么想
You really think so?
我一直觉得他
l always suspected he was…
特别没才华才是
uniquely untalented.
你很好心说这些 也谢谢你来 你本不必来的
lt’s nice of you to say that. lt was nice of you to come. You didn’t have to.
有必要
l did.
我可能是他生前见过的最后一个人
You know, l was probably the last person to see him alive.
警♥察♥告诉我的
The police told me.
其实当然也不是那”最后”一个
Not quite the last, surely.
这段时间对你来说肯定特别艰难
I’m sure this is a terrible time for you.
你有什么需要帮忙吗
ls there anything you need?
不 真的 我并不难过
No, really. I don’t feel bad.
就像我父母去世的时候一样
lt’s like when my parents died.
我没有任何感觉 他们就那样离开了而已
l didn’t feel anything at all. They were just gone.
我肯定只是那感觉还没起作用
I’m sure it hasn’t sunk in yet.
已经过去好几年了
That was years ago.
不 我是说大卫
No, l meant David.
噢 天哪
Oh, God.
这些人 我真不喜欢这儿
These people. I don’t like it here.
他们都期待我特别伤心地哀悼
They’re all expecting me to grieve and mourn.
我没法跟他们说话
l can’t talk to them.
大卫已经走了 我也心不在此
David’s gone and I’m somewhere else already.
-你能送我回家吗 -什么
-Will you take me home? -What?
你能送我回家吗
Will you take me home?
当然 车停在这
Sure. I’m right here.
这些都很有意思 我很喜欢
These are very interesting. l like them.
-要喝一杯吗 -不了 谢谢
-Would you like a drink? -No, thanks.
你的画在哪里展出 哪个画廊 谁帮你卖♥♥画
Where do you show? What gallery? Who’s your dealer?
没人帮我卖♥♥
I don’t have a dealer.
我没办法卖♥♥ 永远都画不完 要饼干吗
l couldn’t sell these. They’re never finished. Biccy?
不了 谢谢 永远都画不完
No, thanks. They’re never finished?
是啊 我只是为了自己而画
No, they’re just what l do for myself.
我的感受
What l feel.
你很喜欢问问题嘛 米尔先生
You ask lots of questions, Mr. Mill.
就跟警♥察♥一样 他们就知道问问题
Just like the police. That’s all they did, ask questions.
他们问了很多关于你的问题
They asked me a lot about you.
是吗
Did they?
我们认识多久了
How long we’d known each other.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!