-去问问 然后告诉我 -好的
-Find out and get back to me. -Okay, sure.
-你跟他一起去 -你要我跟他一起去收发室
-You go with him. -You want me to go to the mail room?
去收发室吧 与此同时
l want you to go to the mail room. And while you’re there…
我要一份《孤独房♥间》的改写拷贝
l would like a copy of The Lonely Room rewrites…
用白纸 不要彩色的
in white pages, no color.
-然后弄清这是怎么到信件里的 -是
-Find out how this got in my mail. -Yes, sir.
-你会自己接电♥话♥ -我会
-You’ll get your own phones? -l can get my own phones.
狗♥娘♥养♥的 五个月
Son of a bitch! Five months.
一 二 三 四 五
One, two, three, four, five.
理查德·福勒 大卫·卢卡斯
Richard Fueller. David Lucas.
卡尔·温斯特姆 大卫·卡恩 山姆·特托顿
Cal Winstrom. David Kahane. Sammy Tettleton.
来电
lncoming.
来电 未回复的电♥话♥
lncoming. Unreturned calls.
比尔·林斯特姆
Bill Lyndstrom.
南希·富兰克林 不会是女人的
Nancy Franklin. Wouldn’t be a woman.
大卫·卡恩
David Kahane.
林斯特姆
Lyndstrom.
战略规划 不会是他
Strategic Planning. Wouldn’t be him.
其他人的名字呢
What was that other guy’s name?
卡恩
Kahane.
卡尔特里 卡恩
Kaltrime. Kahane.
“未采纳”抓到你了
‘Unproduced.’ Gotcha!
-喂 -你好 请问大卫·卡恩在吗
-Hello. -Hello. ls David Kahane there?
大卫
David!
对不起 我忘了 他出门了 请问你是
I’m sorry. l forgot. He’s gone out. Who’s this?
-我是格里芬·米尔 -噢 那个”死人”啊
-This is Griffin Mill. -Oh, the dead man.
-你刚才说什么 -噢 没什么
-What did you say? -Oh, nothing.
-说我是个死人 -只是大卫给你起了外号♥
-About me being a dead man? -Just a nickname David has for you.
我知道了 挺好玩的外号♥啊
l see. That’s a funny nickname.
我想你丈夫应该是不怎么喜欢我吧
l suppose your husband doesn’t like me very much.
我没有丈夫
I don’t have a husband.
那应该说 大卫不怎么喜欢我
l suppose David doesn’t like me very much.
大卫去电影院了
David’s gone to the cinema.
-他什么时候回来 -电影结束吧 我想
-When will he be back? -When the film’s over, l presume.
请问你是
And you are?
-我叫琼 -琼
-June. -June?
又来了 你想知道我姓什么
Here we go. You want to know my last name.
-没人能念得出的 -让我试试吧
-No one can pronounce it. -Try me.
古德曼斯多特
Gudmundsdottir.
古德曼斯多特
Gudmundsdottir.
-怎样 -很不错嘛
-How’s that? -Very good.
谢谢
Thanks.
-别人通常怎么念 -别问了
-What do people usually say? -Don’t ask.
均为谐音
什么”好狗的水” “牛肉冲击力”之类的
Anything from Good Dog’s Water to Goulash Wallop.
-你是英国人 -是啊
-You English? -Yep.
其实也不算是
Well, no, not really.
那你”不是”从哪里来的
Where are you sort of not from?
你是想听长故事还是短故事
Do you want the long story or the short one?
-长的 -你绝对不会相信的
-The long one. -No, you’d never believe it.
-长话短说呢 就是冰岛 -冰岛
-The short one’s lceland. -lceland?
我还不认识从冰岛来的人
l didn’t know anyone came from lceland.
我以为那里只是一块冰
l thought it was just a block of ice.
其实是一片绿地
lt’s very green, actually.
格陵兰岛意思就是”绿地”
是吗 我以为那是说格陵兰岛
Really? l thought that was Greenland.
不 格陵兰岛可是天寒地冻 冰岛非常郁郁葱葱
No, Greenland’s very icy. lceland’s very green.
他们换了换名字 来愚弄那些试图抢走他们女人的维京人
They switched names to fool the Vikings who tried to steal their women.
这样
l see.
不 蓝海
No. Blue sea.
红海
Red sea.
-不是红的 -你是个画家
-No red. -You’re a painter.
你怎么猜出来的
How did you guess?
大卫去看什么电影了
What movie did David go to see?
他去了帕萨达纳的里亚托剧院 他总是去那里
He went to the Rialto in Pasadena. He always goes there.
在放什么电影
What’s showing?
《偷自行车的人》吧
Bicycle Thief, l think.
很好的电影 你看过吗
lt’s a good movie. Have you seen it?
我不看电影的
I don’t go to the movies.
为什么
Why not?
人生苦短
Life is too short.
我得挂电♥话♥了
l’ve got to hang up now.
大卫·卡恩
David Kahane!
你认错人了 伙计
You have the wrong guy, man.
大卫·卡恩 我是格里芬·米尔
David Kahane. Griffin Mill.
格里芬·米尔
Griffin Mill.
嗯
Yeah?
很棒的电影
Great movie, huh?
在这么多警♥匪♥片以后再看看这个 真是太清爽了
lt’s refreshing to see something like this after all these cop movies…
还有 我们拍的那些东西
and, you know, things we do.
-或许我们可以翻拍这部片 -你或许会改成快乐结局
-Maybe we’ll do a remake of this. -You’d probably give it a happy ending.
不 我们会保持它的纯洁性
No, we’d keep it pure.
纯洁 是啊
Pure, right.
-你想写这剧本吗 -别拿我开玩笑啊
-You want to write it? -Don’t fuck with me.
我没跟你开玩笑 我不是说过会回复你吗
I’m not fucking with you. Didn’t l say I’d get back to you?
是啊 六个月前了吧 我觉得你肯定是忘了
Yeah, about six months ago. l thought you’d forgotten.
你生气了
You were angry.
或许吧
Maybe.
你想聊聊吗
Do you want to talk about it?
-好吧 当然 -那好
-Okay, sure. -Great.
我们去制片厂那边喝一杯吧
Let’s let the studio buy us a drink.
或许我们可以去一间
lf you don’t mind a place
那里的女服务员你都不认识的地方
where you don’t have any suck with the maitre d’.
-我知道街那边有一间酒吧 -我们走吧
-l know a bar down the street. -Let’s go.
有事情要发生了
你去过日本吗
Have you ever been to Japan?
是的 我曾经跟斯皮尔伯格一起 去那边侦查取景地
Yes. l was there once on a location scout with Steven Spielberg.
我在那边呆过一年
l lived there for a year.
学生海外交换
Student year abroad.
我也很想这样
l wish I’d done that.
我经常想起那段时间 无法忘怀
l think about it a lot. l’ll never forget it.
你应该写一出剧本
You should write about it.
我写了 你不记得了
l did. Don’t you remember?
什么
What?
我一个关于 美国学生去日本留学的想法
My idea about the American student who goes to Japan.
这就是我的提案 你本应该回复我的
That was my pitch, the one you were supposed to get back to me on.
-你不记得了 是吧 -当然记得
-You don’t remember, do you? -Of course l remember.
你从没回复我
You never got back to me.
听着
Listen.
我就是个混♥蛋♥ 好吗 这份工作就是这样
l was an asshole, all right? lt comes with the job.
我真的很抱歉
I’m really sorry.
我知道你有多么生气 我会补偿的
l know how angry you must’ve been. l’ll make it up to you.
所以我才来了这里
That’s why I’m here.
我会给你这个机会 大卫
I’m gonna give you a deal, David.
我并不保证电影会被拍出来 但会让你去试试
l won’t guarantee you l’ll make the movie, but l will give you a shot.
所以明信片的事就此打住 好吗
Let’s just stop all the postcard shit, all right?
我来这里是想说我想要
I’m here to say that l would like…
重新开始
to start over.
还是朋友
Friends.
滚你的 你就是个骗子
Fuck you, man. You’re a liar.
你这就过分了
You’re stepping over the line.
你不是来看《偷自行车的人》的
You didn’t come here to see The Bicycle Thief.
电影结束前五分钟你才来
You came in five minutes before the picture ended.
还差点绊我一脚
Nearly tripped over my feet.
你给我家里打电♥话♥了
Did you call my house?
跟冰岛皇后通话了
Speak to the lce Queen?
你会喜欢她的 她很像你
You’d like her. She’s a lot like you.
完完全全的
All heart.
伙计 你上了我的名单了 没什么能改变
You’re on my list, pal. Nothing’s gonna change that.
下部电影再见了 混♥蛋♥
See you in the next reel, asshole.
你的”船”很豪华嘛 大制片人
lt’s a nice boat you got there, movie exec.
是我 那个编剧 还想买♥♥我的故事吗