人们已不将野心视为一种罪恶
that people stopped thinking of ambition as a sin…
反而当成了一种美德
and started thinking of it as a virtue?
你说得倒容易
That’s easy for you to say.
你一辈子都享尽荣华富贵
You’ve had position and wealth all your life.
直到我嫁给了你 托马斯
Until I married you, Thomas.
我乐意为了爱情放弃那一切
And I was happy to give it up for love.
新婚之夜如何
So how was it, the wedding night?
非常满意
It was very satisfactory.
真的吗 威廉·凯里是个好爱人
Really? William Carey, a good lover.
是啊
Yes.
天啊 他真是速战速决
Oh, God. He was in rather a hurry.
-而且睡觉还打鼾呢 -不会吧
– And he snores. – No.
他半夜起来用尿壶尿尿
He got up in the middle of the night and used a pisspot…
就在床边解决 太恶心了
by the side of the bed. It was awful.
真是的
No.
我也有事要告诉你
I also have something to tell you.
昨晚 父亲出于对我的信任
Last night, our father put his trust in me…
将一重任托付予我
and gave me a commission.
快说 快说
Tell, tell.
取悦国王
To divert the King.
取悦英格兰国王 就在他到访的时候
The King of England himself, on his visit.
取悦他
Divert him?
取悦他 诱惑他 迷住他
Divert him. Beguile him. Enchant him.
他有妻子的
He has a wife.
我知道 可这谁又能说得准
I know. But who knows what could happen?
如果他看上我 我就可以嫁给公爵
If he liked me, I’d be married off to a duke.
当个幸福的公爵夫人
I could be a happy duchess.
国王驾到
The King.
国王驾到
The King.
国王即将驾到
The King will be here betimes.
-国王驾到 -赶快忙起来
– The King. – Look alive.
国王驾到
The King.
牵回你的马厩
To your places.
加油各位 动起来 国王来了
Come on, set to, everyone. The King.
把马牵到院子里准备好
Take the horses to the yard and prepare.
烤肉的人呢 去哪儿了
Where’s the spit boy? Where is he?
快过来
Get over here.
你觉得他会看上我吗
Do you think he’ll like me?
肯定会 姐姐
Course he will, sister.
他怎么可能不喜欢你
How could he not?
托马斯伯爵
Sir Thomas.
陛下 竭诚欢迎您
Your Majesty. You’re most welcome.
伊丽莎白夫人
Lady Elizabeth.
容我向您介绍我的女儿 安
May I present my daughter, Anne.
女儿 没听说你有女儿
A daughter? No one said anything of a daughter.
要是知道 我们就早点来了
Had we known, we might have come sooner.
陛下
Your Majesty.
安 安 上♥床♥好好休息
Anne, Anne. Go to bed, get a good night’s rest.
明天要去打猎 你必须好好表现
Tomorrow there’s the hunt. You must excel at that.
一切就靠明天了
Everything depends upon it.
早上好 安
Good morning, Anne.
早上好 陛下
Good morning, Your Grace.
-你和谁同骑一匹马 -就我自己 陛下
– Who will you ride with? – On my own, Your Grace.
就你自己
On your own?
现在有了新的女士马鞍
There’s a new saddle now which allows this.
可没有男人抱着你
But with no man to hold on to…
你怎能坐稳呢
how do you propose to stay on the horse?
和您一样 陛下
As you do, Your Grace.
用我的大腿
With my thighs.
出发
Away.
怎么还不回来
What’s keeping them?
他们在哪儿
Where are they?
有人受伤了吗
Is someone hurt?
我的天哪 是国王
My God, it’s the King.
国王 怎么了 怎么回事
The King? What? What happened?
那头鹿跑进树林 把我们带进了深谷里
The stag went into the woods and led us to the deep ravine.
大家都打算放弃追捕它
Everyone was prepared to concede defeat and let the animal go.
除了安
Except Anne.
不会吧 她对那深谷了如指掌
Oh, no. What? She knows that ravine.
那儿她去过上千回
She must have ridden it a thousand times.
国王跟着她 然后坠马了吗
What, and the King followed, and then he fell?
上帝啊
Oh, Lord.
-怎么回事 -他坠马了
– What happened? – He fell.
他伤口很疼
He’s in some pain.
但我想他的自尊心更受伤
Although I suspect his pride is hurting rather more.
都是我的错
It was my fault.
-安 -我怎么搞成了这样
– Anne. – How could I?
帮我把玛丽叫过来 好吗
Fetch Mary to me, would you?
你是谁
And who are you?
玛丽 陛下
Mary, Your Grace.
安的妹妹
Anne’s sister.
你一直都在这里
You’ve been here all the time?
我怎么就没注意到你
How could I have overlooked you?
有安在 我很容易被忽视
Next to Anne, it’s easy to do.
你结婚了
And you’re married.
是的陛下 我嫁给了威廉·凯里
Yes, Your Grace, to William Carey.
那我怎么没在宫里见过你
Then why haven’t I seen you at court?
因为我说服他先在这里待上一两年
Because I’ve persuaded him to spend a year or two here first.
我们有个小庄园
We have a small manor.
虽然不大 但足以安家了
Nothing much, but enough to start a family.
安逸的乡下生活 远离喧嚣
Charmed life in the country, away from it all.
是的
Yes.
你不觉得他会向往宫廷生活吗
You don’t think he’ll miss court?
一个有抱负的年轻人
A young ambitious man.
他说他不想 陛下
He says not, Your Majesty.
但如果他改变了心意
But if he ever changed his mind…
作为妻子 我肯定会顺从他的
as his wife, of course, I would do his bidding.
伊丽莎白夫人 谢谢你
Lady Elizabeth, thank you.
托马斯伯爵
Sir Thomas.
你会好好处理那事的吧
You will take care of that matter?
一定 一定的 陛下 谢谢您的宠幸
Yes, of course. Of course, Your Majesty, thank you.
玛丽 你给国王留下了深刻的印象
Mary, you’ve obviously made a deep impression on the King.
他要求你立即进宫
He’s requested that you come to court with immediate effect.
国王帮你安排好了
The King has secured for you,
在王后身边的职位
a position in the Queen’s household.
可我不想进宫 我丈夫也不想
But I don’t want to go to court. Nor does my husband.
国王也给我授予了职位
The King has also offered me a position…
枢密院成员
as a gentleman of the Privy Council.
你听到了吗 玛丽 枢密院
Do you hear that, Mary? Privy Council.
直接服侍国王
Attending upon His Majesty himself.
他的左臂右膀
The inner sanctum.
那我们在乡下的未来生活呢
What about our future in the country?
你别再想着那个了
Oh, you must put that out of your mind.
从今天起 你的未来就在宫中
From now on, your future is at court.
威廉 求你了
William, please.
你还不明白这意思吗 他们想拆散我们
Don’t you understand what this means? They’ll separate us.
让我进宫
Put me in different accommodation,
在那儿国王可以随时找到我
where the King can always find me.
幸好 你的丈夫
Happily, your husband
明白这个机会的价值所在
understands the value of such an opportunity.
为了所有人的利益
For us all.
那安呢 她就不能代替我去吗
What about Anne? Couldn’t she go instead?

Anne?
就凭她的表现 能随行已经算好运了
The way Anne has behaved, she’s fortunate to be coming at all.
母亲 求你了 帮我和父亲说说情
Mother, please, speak to Father.
做点什么吧 我不想去宫里
Do something. I don’t want to go.
这不是请求 我们是被传召去的
This is not a request. We have been summoned.
求你别生我的气
Please don’t be angry with me.
你以为我自己愿意吗
You think I desire to go for this purpose?
我只知道一个根本不认识你的男人
All I know is that a man that didn’t know who you were…

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章鸟人
下一篇文章盒子怪
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!