兴许你还能交上好大的运气呢。
You still may have some luck.
要是有地方卖♥♥的话,
I would like to buy some…
我倒想买♥♥些运气。
…if there is a place where they sell it.
我能拿什么来买♥♥呢?
What would I buy it with?
用一支搞丢了的鱼叉、一把折断的刀子,
A lost harpoon? A broken knife?
还有一双损坏的手能买♥♥来吗?
Two bad hands?
也许你能行,
You might.
你试着用连续出海八十四天换来好运气,
You tried to buy it with 84 days at sea.
人家差一点儿就卖♥♥给你了。
They almost sold it to you too.
绝对不能胡思乱想,
Must not think such nonsense.
好运这玩意儿,出现的形式多种多样,
Luck is a thing that comes in many forms.
谁能认得准啊?
Who can recognize her?
但愿我能看到哈瓦那的灯光,
I wish I could see the lights of Havana.
我希望得到的东西太多了,
I wish for too many things.
眼下只希望这一样。
But that is what I wish now.
他看见城市灯光的倒影,肯定是在夜里十点钟左右。
He saw the reflected glare of the light of the city at around 10:00 at night.
这时候,他浑身僵硬、酸痛,
He was stiff and sore now…
身上的伤口和所有用力过度的地方都让他感到疼痛。
… and his wounds and all of the strained parts of his body hurt.
他没法再跟鱼说话了,因为鱼已经破损得不成样子。
He could not talk to the fish anymore, because the fish had been ruined too badly.
接着他又想起了什么。
Then something came into his head.
半条鱼,
Half fish.
你原来是一整条。
Fish that you were.
很抱歉,我出海太远了。
I am sorry I went out too far.
我把咱们俩都毁了。
Ruined us both.
不过,咱们杀死了好多条鲨鱼呢,你和我一起,
But we have killed many sharks, you and I…
还打垮了好多条。
…and ruined many more.
你杀死过多少啊,鱼老弟?
How many have you ever killed, old fish?
你头上的长矛可不是白长的啊。
You do not have that spear for nothing.
“要是夜里来了鲨鱼,该怎么办?”他想,
“What will you do now if they come in the night?” he thought.
要是它们夜里来了我该怎么办?
What will I do if they come in the night?
跟它们斗,
I’ll fight them.
我要跟它们一直斗到死。
I’ll fight them until I die.
“哦,但愿不用再搏斗了,”他想。
“Oh, but I hope I do not have to fight again, ” he thought.
“真希望不用再搏斗了。”
“I hope so much I do not have to fight again. ”
但是,他又上阵了,而且这次他心里明白,搏斗也是徒劳。
But he fought again, and this time he knew the fight was useless.
来吧。
Come on.
来吧!
Come on!
来吧。
Come on.
来吧,加拉诺鲨!
Come on, galanos!
来吧,加拉诺鲨!来吧。
Come on, galanos! Come on.
来吧,加拉诺鲨!来吧!
Come on, galanos! Come on!
他知道自己终于被击垮了,无法挽回,
He knew he was beaten now, finally and without remedy.
鱼啊,真抱歉。
I’m sorry, fish.
他感觉自己已经到了海流中间,
He could feel he was inside the current now…
可以看见沿岸的海滩村落里的灯光。
… and he could see the lights of the beach colonies along the shore.
他知道现在到了什么地方,回家已经毫不费力了。
He knew where he was now, and it was nothing to get home.
“不管怎么说,风是我们的朋友,”他想。
“The wind is our friend anyway,” he thought.
接着他又想,“那是有时候。”
Then he added, “Sometimes. ”
“还有大海,海里有我们的朋友,也有我们的敌人。还有床。
“And the great sea with our friends and our enemies and bed.
床是我的朋友。就是床。
Bed is my friend, just bed.
床是一件很不错的东西。”
Bed will be a great thing. ”
你给打垮了,反倒轻松了。
It is easy when you are beaten.
是什么把你给打垮了呢?
What beat you?
没有什么把我打垮,都是因为我出海太远了。
Nothing. I just went out too far.
人不是为失败而生的,
Man is not made for defeat.
一个人可以被毁灭,但不能被打败。
Man can be destroyed, but not defeated.
海港里静悄悄的,
It was quiet in the harbor.
他驾船来到岩石下面的一小片沙石滩。
And he sailed up onto the little patch of shingle below the rocks.
没人帮忙,
There was no one to help him.
他取下桅杆,卷起船帆捆好,
He unstepped the mast, furled the sail…
然后扛着桅杆开始往岸上爬。
… shouldered the mast, and started to climb.
这会儿他才知道自己有多么累。
It was then he knew the depth of his tiredness.
一路上他坐下歇了五次,才走回自己的小棚屋。
He had to sit down five times before he reached the shack.
早上,风刮得太猛烈了,
In the morning, it was blowing so hard…
漂流船都不会出海,
… that the boats would not be going out.
男孩便睡了个晚觉,接着跟每天早上一样,
And the boy had slept late and then had come to the old man’s shack…
来到老人的棚屋。
… as he had come each morning while the old man was gone.
老人正睡着,男孩看见他在呼吸,
The old man was asleep, and the boy saw that he was breathing.
又看看老人那双手,禁不住哭了起来。
And then he saw the old man’s hands, and he started to cry.
他悄悄地走出去弄来一些咖啡,一路上哭个不停。
He went out to bring some coffee, and all the way down the road, he was crying.
好多渔夫都围着那条小船,看绑在船旁边的东西。
Many fishermen were around the skiff, looking at what was beside it.
其中一个卷起裤腿站在水里,
And one was in the water, his trousers rolled up, measuring the skeleton…
正用一根钓线量死鱼的残骸。
… preparing to take off the head and the bill.
男孩没有走下去。
The boy did not go down.
他刚才已经去过了,
He had been there before.
* 马丁。
Martin.
一罐咖啡,多加点儿牛奶和糖。
A can of coffee with plenty of milk and sugar in it.
多大的鱼啊,
What a fish that was.
从来没见过这么大的鱼。
There has never been such a fish.
你昨天捕到的那两条也不错。
Those were two fine fish you took yesterday.
我的鱼,见鬼去吧。
Never mind about my fish.
他想喝点儿什么吗?
Does he want a drink of any kind?
不要了。等会儿我看他能吃点儿什么。
No. If he does, I’ll be back.
跟他说我有多么难过。
You tell him how sorry I am.
谢谢。
Thanks.
* 我去倒咖啡。
I’ll get the coffee.
它们把我打垮了,马诺林,它们真的打垮了我。
They beat me, Manolin. They truly beat me.
没把你打垮。那条鱼可没有。
He didn’t beat you, not the fish.
你吃了多少苦啊?
Did you suffer much?
现在咱们又能一起捕鱼了。
Now we’ll fish together again.
不行啊。
No, no.
我再也交不上好运了。
I am not lucky anymore.
让运气见鬼去吧,我会带来好运的。
The hell with luck. I’ll bring the luck with me.
你家里人会怎么说呢?- 我才不管呢。
What will your father say? – I don’t care what he says.
嗯……
Well…
我们得弄一支好使的鱼镖备在船上。
We will have to get a killing lance and keep it onboard at all times.
应该磨得非常锋利,
It must be very sharp…
不用回火,要不会断的。我的刀就断了。
…and not tempered so it will break, like my knife broke.
我再去弄把刀来,
I’ll get another knife.
这大风要刮多少天啊?
How many days of heavy wind have we?
也许三天,也许还不止。
Oh, maybe three. Maybe more.
我会把一切都准备好,
I’ll have everything in order.
你把手养好,老爷子。
You get your hands well, old man.
* 过几天就会好了,
They will be all right in a couple of days.
我知道该怎么保养。
I know how to care for them.
夜里我吐出来一些奇怪的东西,
During the night, I spat up something strange.
感觉胸膛里有什么东西坏了。
I felt like something in my chest was broken.
这也得养好。
Get that well too.
喝咖啡吧,我去给你弄点儿吃的来。
Drink your coffee. I’ll get you something to eat.
把我出海时候的报纸随便拿一份来吧。
And… And bring me the papers from the time I was away.
* 好的。
I will.
那天下午,露台饭店来了一群游客,
That afternoon there was a party of tourists from Havana at a café.
有位女士望着下面的海水,
One of them looked down, and among the empty beer cans…
发现在空啤酒罐和死梭子鱼中间有条又大又长的白色鱼脊骨,
… and dead barracuda, she saw the long backbone of the great fish…
现在这鱼骨只是一堆废物,等着潮水把它冲走。
… that was now just garbage waiting to go out with the tide.
“那是什么?”她问侍者。
“What’s that?” she asked the waiter.
“Tiburón,”侍者说,“鲨鱼。”
“Tiburón,” the waiter said. “A shark. ”
他本想说说事情的来龙去脉。
He was trying to explain what had happened to the marlin.
“我不知道鲨鱼有这么漂亮、形状这么优美的尾巴。”女士说。
“I didn’t know sharks had such handsome, beautifully formed tails, ” the woman said.
“我也是。”她的男伴说。
“I didn’t either,” her male companion answered.
在路另一头的棚屋里,老人又睡着了。
Up the road in his shack, the old man was sleeping again.
他还是脸朝下趴着,男孩坐在一旁守着他。
He was still sleeping on his face, and the boy was sitting by him, watching him.
老人正梦见狮子。
The old man was dreaming about the lions.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!