对不起我离开一下…
Uh, excuse… Oscar?
奥斯卡?
你要去哪?
– Where you going? – To get the refreshments.
去弄喝的啊
– Inside? What am I gonna do? – You can finish the weather report.
到厨房♥里面去?那我去哪啊?
你可以继续你做你的天气预报
别忘了看着我的肉糜卷
Don’t forget to look at my meat loaf.
Well…
奥斯卡和我说你们两个是姐妹
Oscar tells me you’re sisters.
是的,他说的没错
– Yes, that’s right. – From England.
是从英格兰来的
是的,是的,没错
Yes, yes, that’s right.
我知道了
I see.
不过我们不是兄弟
We’re not brothers.
是的,我们知道
Yes, we know.
噢,是吗…
Yes.
不过我真的是个弟弟
– Although I am a brother. – Oh?
我有个哥哥,他是个医生
Oh, yeah. I have a brother. He’s a doctor.
他就住在布法罗,在纽约的北边
Lives in Buffalo. That’s upstate New York.
是的 我们知道
– Yes. We know. – You know my brother?
你们认识我的哥哥?
No. No, we know that Buffalo is upstate in New York.
不!不是,我们的意思是说…
我们知道布法罗在纽约的北边
谢谢你
Oh.
我们曾经在那里住过 你在那住过吗?
– Here. – Thank you.
– We’ve been there. – Oh.
没有 那里怎么样?
Have you?
那里非常的漂亮
– No. Is it nice? – Oh, it’s lovely.
噢,那真是太有趣了
Oh, isn’t that interesting?
我真笨
– Oh. Ha, ha. – Ha, ha.
谢谢你
Silly me. Thank you.
你们两个来美国有多久了
How long have you two been in, uh, the United States of America?
噢,是四年吗? 是四年
– Oh. Um, four? Four. – Four.
差不多有四年了
Yes, almost four years now.
只是来这儿旅游的吗?
– Just visiting? – No, no, no. We live here.
不,不,不 我们是来这定居的
那你们也在这里工作咯,是啊?
Do you work here too?
哦,是的,当然了,我们在一家健身俱乐部工作
– Yes, yes. – Oh.
为顾客做私人秘书
Yes, we’re secretaries for a health club.
顾客告诉我们他们的身体情况,
People bring us their bodies, and we do wonderful things with them.
我们来为他们挑选最适合他们的健身方式
当然了,如果你有兴趣的话,
Actually, if you’re interested, we could get you 10 percent off.
我们可以给你减去10%
我们说的可是价格,不是体重哦
Off the price, not off your body.
我实在是忍♥不住想笑
– Silly thing. Ha-ha-ha. – I couldn’t help it. Ha-ha-ha.
奥斯卡!
Oscar! Where’s the drinks? Huh?
喝的呢,还没好吗?恩?
冒昧的问一下
And what field of endeavor are you engaged in?
你在哪里高就呢?
噢,我为电视台写新闻稿
I write the news for television.
听起来很有意思
– Oh. – Oh, fascinating. Mm.
那你的灵感都从哪来呢?
Where do you get your ideas from?
从,从,从…
From, uh…
从新闻里来啊
…the news.
噢,是啊,当然了,我真笨
– Oh. – Oh, yes, of course. Silly me.
恩,也许你可以把我和格温写进你的新闻里
Well, maybe you can mention Gwen and I in one of your news reports. Ha, ha.
当然了,如果你们做些特别的事情的话
Well, you do something spectacular, maybe I will.
或许我会考虑一下的
Oh. Ha, ha.
我们做过很特别的事情,
We’ve done spectacular things, but I don’t think we want it spread all over the telly, do you?
但是我想我们不愿意把它公开
你说对吗,格温?
Oh, no. Oh, no.
当然不行了
– Could you imagine? – Yes.
你能想象出后果吗?
奥斯卡!
Oscar!
这个屋子太大了,
This apartment is so big, sometimes you have to holler.
所以你经常需要很大声的去喊
– Oh, ha, ha. – Ah, yes. Well, just you two baches live here?
就你们两个单身的家伙住在这吗?
恩,单身?
Uh, baches?
噢,你的意思是说…单身汉?
Oh, you mean bach…? Bachelors? Oh, we’re not bachelors. We’re divorced.
我们不是单身汉
我们只是离过婚了
奥斯卡离过婚,
That is, Oscar’s divorced, and I’m getting, uh…
我也是,我也离婚了…
噢,这个世界多小啊!
– Oh. – Oh, small world.
就像人们常说的那样,我们两个 也已经摆脱了那种束缚的生活了
We’ve cut the dinghy loose too, as they say. Ha, ha.
我想你一定再也找不到比我们更完美的四人组合了
Well, you couldn’t have a better matched foursome, could you?
你能找到吗?
我想不能
I suppose not.
虽然理论上说我是个寡妇
Although, technically I am a widow.
但其实我已经和我丈夫离婚了,
I was divorcing my husband…
只不过在离婚协议书批之前他就死了
…but he died before the final papers came through.
Oh.
噢,对此我感到很抱歉
Oh, I’m awfully sorry. Divorce is a terrible thing, isn’t it?
离婚是件很糟糕的事,对吗?
噢,那当然是了
Oh, it can be if you haven’t got the right solicitor.
如果你找不到一个好的律师的话
她说的是真的
Now, that’s true.
有时候拖上好几个月都离不了
Sometimes it can drag out for months.
不过我很幸运,一下子就离婚了,我自♥由♥了
I was lucky. Snip, cut, and I was free.
哦,不过既然事已至此
Oh, but of course, that’s all water under the bridge now, isn’t it?
我们就不要再提它了,对吗?
Um… Uh…
真的很抱歉
I’m terribly sorry. I think I’ve forgotten your name.
我想我又把你的名字忘了
菲力克斯
– Felix. – Yes, of course. Felix.
哦,是的 菲力克斯
– Like the cat. Ha-ha-ha. Ha-ha-ha.
就像猫的名字
是啊,很像猫
Cat. Ha, ha.
噢,看来皮金姐妹需要提防那只小猫了
Oh, well, the Pigeons will have to beware of the cat, won’t they?
你说对吗?塞西
– Woo-hoo. – That’s terrible. Quit it.
这玩笑太恶劣了,别说了!
看这个
Ha, ha. Here.
他们是因为婚姻的破裂受到伤害最大的
That’s the worst part about breaking up.
– Oh. – Oh.
多么可爱的童年啊,这是你吗?
Childhood sweethearts, were you?
不,这是我的儿子和我的女儿
No. That’s my little boy and girl. He’s 7, and she’s 5.
男的七岁 女的五岁
噢,真可爱
– Oh, sweet. – Oh, sweet. Oh.
他们现在和他们的妈妈住在一起
They live with their mother.
我猜你一定很想他们
Oh. I imagine you must miss them terribly.
噢,我离开他们根本没法活
I can’t stand being away from them, but that’s what happens with divorce.
但是离婚了就是这样,没办法
那你什么时候去看他们呢?
– When do you get to see them? – Every night.
每天晚上都去
I drop by on the way home, and I take them on weekends.
下班回家的路上顺便过去,
周末我还会把他们接出来,
– And I get them on holidays, July and August. – Oh.
假期也会,七月啊,八月啊,都会去接他们过来
那你什么时候想他们呢?
– Well, when is it that you miss them? – Whenever I’m not there.
只要他们一不在我身边我就想
If they didn’t have to go to school so early, I’d make them breakfast.
如果他们上学比较晚呢,
我就会起来的很早,给他们做早餐
他们喜欢吃我做的法式面包
– They love my French toast. – Oh. Well, you certainly are a devoted father.
噢,你真是个伟大的父亲
噢,弗朗西丝才是最伟大的
– It’s Frances who’s the wonderful one. – She’s the little girl?
你说那个小女孩吗?
– No, she’s the mother, my wife. – What, the one you’re divorcing?
不,我是说她们的妈妈,我以前的妻子
噢,你是说和你离婚的那个女人?
Yeah. She’s done a terrific job in bringing them up.
是的,她现在一个人非常的辛苦
要自己把他们两个养大
They always look so nice, so polite. Speak beautifully. Never “yeah,” always “yes.”
他们总是这么听话,这么有礼貌,
他们说话非常好听
从来不说“是”,而是说“是的”
– Oh, isn’t that lovely? – Such good kids.
是不是很可爱啊?
这都是她的功劳
And she’s done it all. She’s…
她是…她是一个伟大的女性
She’s a wonderful woman. She’s the kind of a woman who…
她是…
我这是干什么啊?
What am I doing? You’re not interested in any of this.
你们不会对这些感兴趣的
为什么这么说啊!
Why, nonsense.
你有权利自豪
You’ve a right to be proud.
你有两个漂亮的孩子
You have two beautiful children and a wonderful ex-wife.
还有一个伟大的妻子
这就是弗朗西丝,你们看
Here’s Frances. See?
她真漂亮!
– Oh. Oh, she is pretty. – Yeah.
是的
– Isn’t she pretty, Cecy? – Oh, yes. Pretty, pretty girl.
她不漂亮吗,塞西?
噢,不 很漂亮,非常漂亮的女人
她是很漂亮的 看看这个,是不是也很棒?
– She is pretty. Here, isn’t that nice? – Very pretty.
这张照片里面一个人也没有啊
There’s no one in the picture.
我知道,这是我们的家
– That’s a picture of our living room. – Ah.
我们有个很漂亮的家
– We had a beautiful apartment. – Oh, it is. It’s pretty. It’s very pretty.
噢,是的 很漂亮
非常漂亮
Those are lovely lamps.
这些灯真可爱