化装舞会
The masquerade.
我会想出一些惊人的、新奇的东西
I would devise something startling, novel,
可能会成为整个狂欢的焦点
something that would be the talk of the entire revel.
你跟普洛斯彼罗说过这个想法吗
Have you told Prospero of this novel thing?
恐怕王子太严厉了
I fear the Prince is much too austere.
你可以告诉我
Will you tell me?
每个人都可以打扮得很普通
Everyone will dress as usual.
丑角、中国人、士兵或公主
A harlequin, a Chinese, a soldier or a princess.
他们要么漂亮,要么幽默
They will all either be beautiful or humorous.
但显然都还是人类
But all will be obviously human.
我会打扮成魔鬼的
I will come as a demon.
为什么不打扮成一个完美的猩猩?
Why not come as a great ape?
当客人聚集的时候
When the guests are gathered,
你就进来
you would enter,
摇摆着手臂
arms swinging,
向尖叫着的女士们走去
advancing toward the screaming ladies
低着头,露出狞笑
with lowered head and grinning jaw.
这将不仅仅是一场化装舞会
It’ll be more than a costume.
而会是一场表演
It will be a performance
由宫廷里最聪明的人出演
by the cleverest man at the court.
但我哪里去找这种服装呢?
Where would I get such a disguise?
有一件,在放动物标本的房♥间里
There is one, in the room of stuffed animals.
是另一个普洛斯彼罗王子再也不感兴趣的玩具
Another toy Prince Prospero never bothers with anymore.
我相信它已经完全被遗忘了
I’m sure it’s forgotten.
你真的觉得这会引起轰动?
You really think it would cause a sensation?
当然了
Oh, yes.
这下游戏就更好玩了
And there is more to the game.
朱丽安娜
Oh, Juliana.
谢天谢地,我还以为…
Thank God. I thought…
什么?
Yes?
我不知道
I don’t know.
那是什么
What’s that?!
撒旦的标志
Satan’s mark.
普洛斯彼罗♥干♥的?
Prospero did that to you?
不
No.
我自己做的
I did it to myself.
他让我成为撒旦的仆人
It marks me as one of Satan’s handmaidens.
你疯了吗
Are you ill?
不
No.
是个艰难的仪式
It was a difficult ceremony.
愚昧的面纱再也无法蒙蔽我的双眼
Veils of ignorance were lifted from my eyes.
现在只有一件事要做了
And now, there’s only one more rite to perform…
我要嫁给撒旦
and I will be wed to Satan.
你出♥卖♥♥♥了你的灵魂?
You’ve given away your soul!
是的,我很乐意
Yes. Gladly.
很快我将变得不再纯真
Soon all the innocence will be gone.
我将会长生不老
Then I will have immortality…
我将拥有普洛斯彼罗
and I shall have Prospero.
但我必须确定
But I must be certain.
– 如果你离开这里… – 我很高兴离开这里,如果可以的话
– And if you were gone… – Gladly! If there were a way.
你敢离开这个城♥堡♥的保护吗?
Would you dare to leave the safety of this castle?
我在这里没有安全感
There is no safety for me here.
这把钥匙可以打开牢房♥
This key will unlock the cell.
北边的警卫已经被招呼好了
The guard on the north wall’s been bribed.
快带上基诺和你父亲走吧!
Take your Gino and your father and go.
但一路上的警卫呢
Oh, but the guards, the way through to the dungeons?
你先经过军械库再到地牢,你必须自己走
You’ve been to the armoury and to the dungeons. You must make your own way.
马上去吧
Now go. Quickly.
基诺?
Gino?
基诺?
Gino?
基诺!
Gino!
– 弗朗西丝卡,你怎么做到的? – 朱丽安娜帮的
– Francesca! How did you…? – Juliana.
我们要快点去城垛,那里的警卫会帮我们的
Quick, we must hurry to the battlements. The guard there will help us.
– 我好像听到什么声音了 – 别管了,坐下来玩吧
– I think I heard something. – Oh, sit down and play!
哇!
Uuhh!
啊!
Aaagh!
警卫
Guard?
朱莉安娜背叛了我们
Juliana betrayed us.
她背叛了我
She betrayed me.
你怎么能伤害两个没伤害过你的人
What can you want of two men who’ve done you no harm?
他们活活杀了我的三个警卫!
They killed three of my guards. Three human beings.
根据你的信仰,他们可是犯了滔天大罪
According to your faith, they have sinned greatly.
明天舞会前的宴会上
And tomorrow at the feast before the masque…
他们中至少有一个人必须为他们做的事买♥♥单
at least one of them must pay for those sins.
听我说
Hear me.
听我说
Hear me!
很快你们就要穿上化装舞会的服装了
Soon you will be costuming yourselves for the masque.
这是个庆祝活动,我的朋友们
A celebration, my friends.
为庆祝战胜了死亡
A celebration of victory over death,
邪恶战胜了正义
of evil over good.
斯卡拉蒂先生和他的妻子不会加入
Señor Scarlatti and his wife will not be joining us.
因为他没有遵守我的命令
He failed to obey my orders.
但由于我和主人的交流过了
But because of me, through my mediation with my master,
天堂之主
the Lord of Flies,
你们所有人
you, all of you…
不管你们在哪里
unworthy though you may be,
都会很安全,不受红死病的威胁
will be safe from the Red Death.
我向你们保证
We promise you.
当然,除非你让我不高兴
Unless, of course, you incur our displeasure.
因为你们中的一些人犯下了反抗我们的罪行
For some of you are guilty of acts against us.
这些行为可能是出于信仰
Acts of faith, perhaps.
而我猜你们所有人都还有一些…
And all of you, I suspect, still harbour some…
不好的想法
sacred thoughts.
但不能再有了
But no more.
堕落天使会保护你们的
The Fallen Angel will protect you.
现在来个小小的娱乐节目
And now for a small entertainment.
警卫
Guards!
这两个人是虔诚的信徒
These two men are true believers.
他们相信一个让你“爱你的邻居”的上帝
They believe in a god who preached “love thy neighbour”.
因此他们拒绝互相争斗来获得生存的机会
Therefore they refuse to fight each other in order to save one of their lives.
但我设计了一个计划,让他们能光荣地…
However, I have devised a plan whereby each may have the honour and glory
拯救对方的生命
of saving the other’s life.
这里有五把匕♥首♥
There are five daggers here.
其中一把被注入了杀人只需五秒的毒药
One of them is impregnated with a poison that kills in five seconds.
他们要轮流割开自己的前臂
Each man, in turn, will cut his forearm.
开始
Begin.
你不愿为你的兄弟献出生命吗
Would you not lay down your life for your brother?
下一个
Next.
五秒到了
Five seconds.
五秒到了
Five seconds.
五秒到了
Five seconds.
父亲!
Father!
这游戏不是这么玩的,所以你们都得死!
The game was not played properly so both will die.
– 不! – 你这个疯子
– No! – You’re a madman!
但我会活着,而你会死
And yet I will live and you will die.
在你需要的时候,你的上帝现在又在哪里呢?
Where is your god now in the hour of your need?
我会见到他的,在天堂里
I will see him, in paradise!
以殉道者的身份?
In the role of a martyr?
不
No.
我不会杀你的
I will not have you killed.
我反而要放你自♥由♥
I will set you free instead.
让你自♥由♥地回到你的村庄,到红死病魔身边去
Free to go back to your village and the Red Death.
我求你了
I beg you!
我只是在给他一个更加光荣的机会…
I am only giving him a further glorious chance
来检验他的信仰,亲爱的
to test his faith, my dear.
走!
Out!
我会回来找你的,弗朗西丝卡,总有一天我会回来
I’ll come back for you, Francesca. Somehow, I’ll come back!
普洛斯彼罗王子
Prince Prospero!
– 让我和他一起去吧 – 你?
– Let me go with him. – You?
– 求你了! – 你?
– Please. – You?!