I’m the one who decides what’s best for the crew.
他们应该知道真♥相♥
They deserve to know.
只要有了正式营救计划 就告诉他们
Once there’s a real rescue plan, we’ll tell them.
否则毫无意义
Otherwise, it’s moot.
布鲁斯有三个月的时间解决有效载荷的问题
Bruce has three months to get the payload done.
这才是现在最重要的
That’s all that matters right now.
我们会竭尽全力
We’ll do our best.
不尽力马克就活不了了
Mark dies if you don’t.
我种上土豆已经有48个火星日了
It’s been 48 sols since I planted the potatoes.
现在该收获土豆 种新苗了
So now it’s time to reap and re-sow.
比我想象的长势旺盛多了
They grew even better than I expected.
现在我有400株健康的土豆秧苗
I now have 400 healthy potato plants.
我挖出所有的土豆 小心不伤到秧苗
I dug them up, being careful to leave their plants alive.
小的土豆重新栽种
The smaller ones I’ll reseed,
大的土豆就是我的口粮
the larger ones are my food supply.
纯天然有机的火星土豆
All natural, organic, martian-grown potatoes.
平时没怎么听说过吧
You don’t hear that every day, do you?
不过 如果我还不能跟NASA取得联络
And by the way, none of this matters at all…
这一切都用处不大
If I can’t figure out a way to make contact with NASA.
我知道该怎么做了
I know what I’m gonna do.
他又出发了
Oh! He’s moving again.
他到底要去哪儿
Where the hell is he going?
已经连续13天走这条路了
He hasn’t changed course for 13 days.
离战神四号♥的着陆点十万八千里
He’s nowhere near the Ares 4.
除非他不想直接过去
Unless he’s not taking a direct route.
可能是想绕开什么障碍
He might be trying to avoid some obstacle.
什么障碍
What obstacle?
那可是阿西达里亚平原
It’s Acidalia Planitia.
什么都没有 除了…
There’s nothing out there except the…
除了什么
What?
我需要地图
I need a map.
就这张
Yeah.
拜托 你在干什么
Hey, come on. What are you doing?
没事 没事的
It’s all right. It’s all right.
能借我一下吗
Can I borrow this?
好 居住舱在哪里
Okay, so where is the hab location?
北纬31.2度 西经28.5度
31.2 degrees north, 28.5 degrees west.
沃特尼在哪
Where’s Watney? Uh…
在这
There.

Okay.
好了 我知道他要去哪了
Okay. I know where he’s going.
我得赶飞机了
I need to get on an airplane.
加利福尼亚州 帕萨迪纳市
文森特 你好
Vincent, how are you?
很高兴见到你
Good to see you.
-旅途还愉快吧 -还行
– Good flight? – Uh… Yeah.
就在那边的角落里放着呢
It’s in storage just around the corner.
文森特 很高兴再次见到你
Hey, Vincent, nice to see you again.
很高兴见到你
Nice to see you.
马克能把它修好的几率有多大
What are the chances Mark can get it working again?
很难说 我们97年就已经断了通讯
It’s hard to say. We lost contact in ’97.
我们估计是电池故障
We think it was battery failure.
但我得说一下
Though I’d like to point out
电池寿命已经是预期寿命的三倍了
it lasted three times longer than expected in any…
没人说你们做的不好 布鲁斯
Nobody’s criticizing JPL’s work, Bruce.
我只是想和97年参与过这个项目的人谈谈
I just need to speak to everybody that was here in ’97.
他们都在这了 各位
They’re already here. Guys.
给大家介绍一下 文森特·卡普尔
I’d like to introduce Vincent kapoor.
NASA火星计划负责人
Director of Mars missions for NASA.
这是我们的现任成员
This is our current team…
和原始成员
And our original project members.
-这就是那个复♥制♥品吗 -是的
– Is this the replica? – This is her.
好 我们看一下
Okay. Let’s see it.
探路者
Pathfinder.
探路者
Pathfinder.
拜托 拜托
Come on. Come on.
我了个去
Holy shit. Okay.
传输状态
“Broadcasting status.
接收遥感信♥号♥♥
“Listening for telemetry signal.”
好 收到信♥号♥♥
Okay. Signal acquired.
-太棒了 -好了
– All right. – Okay.
照相机
Camera.
来了
Incoming.
收到我的消息了吗
“Are you receiving me?”
“是或不是”
“Yes. No.”
好的 让照相机指向”是”
Okay, point the camera at “Yes.”
32分钟的回传信♥号♥♥时间
32-minute round-trip communications time.
他只能问能用是或不是回答的问题
All he can do is ask yes or no questions…
我们只能转相机
And all we can do is point the camera.
这种通讯可不像圆桌会议那么轻松方便
This won’t exactly be an Algonquin round table of snappy repartee.
-你在逗我吗 -蒂姆 蒂姆
– Are you kidding me? – Tim, Tim.
-转镜头就行了 -收到
– Just point the camera. – Roger that.
转镜头
Pointing the camera.
太好了
Yes!
太好了
Yes!
那么问题来了
So here’s the rub.
我们得进行一场复杂的 关于天体物理工程学的对话
Somehow we have to have complex astrophysical engineering conversations…
只能用一台96年的定格照相机
using nothing but a still-frame camera…
来进行沟通
from 1996.
幸运的是
Luckily…
相机还能转
the camera does spin.
我可以做个字母表
So I can make an alphabet.
不能是一般的字母表
It can’t be our alphabet.
26个字母外加一张提问卡
26 characters plus a question card
每个字符是13度的扇形
into 360 gives us 13 degrees of arc.
这样太窄了
That’s way too narrow.
我会弄不清摄像机在指什么
I’d never know what the camera was pointing at.
十六进制代码
Hexadecimals.
可以用十六进制代码来解决
Hexadecimals to the rescue.
你们肯定有谁
I figured one of you guys
有信息交换标准代码表
kept an ASCII table lying around.
我猜中了
And I was right.
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
请看超级技术宅
I give you super-nerd
贝丝·约翰逊
Beth Johanssen.
她的电脑上有”魔域II”
Who also had copies of Zork II…
和”火星卫星的皮革女神”
and Leather Goddesses of Phobos on her personal laptop.
说真的 约翰逊
Seriously, Johanssen…
这完全是空寂冷的最高级
It’s like the Smithsonian of loneliness on there.
我也不是抱怨
Not that I’m complaining. Yes!
我哪有资格嘲笑孤独
Who am I to talk about loneliness?
我知道他要干什么了
I know where he’s going with this.
“F O”
“F, O.”
“7 W”
“7, W.”
文森特 醒醒 文森特
Vincent. Vincent, wake up.
被通讯天线戳了个窟窿
生命监测器被毁
队员有理由相信我死了
这不怪他们
现在我们能进行更复杂的对话了
Now that we can have more complicated conversations…
NASA的天才们教了我
The smart people at NASA have sent me instructions
该如何黑进探测车系统
on how to hack the rover…
这样就能和探路者交流
so that it can talk to Pathfinder.
如果我编一段程序
If I hack a tiny bit of code…
只用将20条指令输入到操作系统
just 20 instructions in the rover’s operating system…
NASA就能把探测车和探路者
NASA can link the rover to Pathfinder’s
通讯频率联上
broadcasting frequency…
搞定了
and we’re in business.
马克
“Mark…
这是文森特·卡普尔
“This is Vincent Kapoor.
我们从登陆火星的第54个火星日
“We’ve been watching you
就开始观察你了
since sol 54.
全世界都在为你加油
“The whole world is rooting for you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!