我现在是首席理发师了
I was the principal barber now.
我雇了新人当二席
I hired a new man for the second chair.
我录用约谈时废话最少的家伙
I’d hired the guy who did the least gabbing whie he came in for an interview,
不过他大概是紧张得说不出话
But I guess the new man had only kept quiet because he was nervous.
他一来工作 一早开店他就喋喋不休
Once he had the job, he talked from the minute I opened the shop in the morning…
直到我关店锁门还在讲
Until I locked up at night.
我还知道 回家的路上他还会自言自语
For all I know, he talked to himself on the way home.
回家途中 好像每个人目光都避开我
When I walked home, it seemed like everyone avoided looking at me,
就如同我带着某种疾病
As if I’d caught some disease.
没有人想再多谈朵利丝的事情
This thing with Doris, nobody wanted to talk about it.
我就像走在街道上的幽灵
It was like I was a ghost walking down the street.
回到家了
And when I got home now,
空空荡荡的
The place felt empty.
我坐在屋里
I sat in the house,
没有其他人在
But there was nobody there.
我是鬼魂
I was a ghost.
我看不到别人
I didn’t see anyone.
别人看不到我
No one saw me.
我是理发师
I was the barber.
~干洗: 未来之大趋势~ 两个鸡蛋煎过头 该放腌肉跟马铃薯
Some bacon and potatoes, which are supposed to come with it.
我付了帐 零钱没算就放进口袋
So I pay for it, and I put the change in my pocket without really looking…
每天在那边吃东西 谁还检查零钱?
‘Cause, gosh, who looks at the change when you eat there every day?
过一会儿 我检查了零钱 竟然少给两角五分
Two blocks later I look at the change she gave me. Golly, I’m two bits short.
我走回去 跟那女的大吵特吵
So I walk back over to Linton’s, find this gal, big argument.
~新墨西哥州.罗斯威尔的神秘事件~ 他竟然想不起来 忘得一干二净
She doesn’t even recall the transaction.
想不起来忘得一干二净
Doesn’t recall the transaction. No recollections.
所以我说:”去检查帐单啊 ”
So I said, “Look, dear. Go ahead. Look at the menu.”
假如你六点前出现 怎么称呼这种人?
If you’re in before 6:00, it’s the whatchamacallit…
早起的鸟儿 – 对 报晓鸡
The early bird special. – Yeah, the early riser.
克雷恩吗?
Crane?
我是克雷恩
I’m Crane.
我叫迪得立克森 郡验尸官
My name’s Diedrickson, county medical examiner.
有事?
Yeah?
我听到流言
I just came by for an informal chat.
我请你喝一杯?
Why don’t I buy you a drink?
威士忌
Rye.
只要咖啡
Just coffee.
确定不需要强一点的东西?
You sure you don’t want something stiffer?
咖啡
Coffee it is.
监管中死亡的人 都由郡验尸官解剖
County M.E. does an autopsy on anyone who dies in custody.
不晓得你知不知道
I don’t know if you knew that.
例行公事
It’s routine.
除非违法情事否则不会公开
Doesn’t become a matter of public record unless there’s been foul play.
无论如何
However,
我不认为告知你有违规矩
I don’t think I’m prohibited from telling you this.
当然我对谁都没这个义务
Of course, I’m not obliged to either.
我真的不晓得
I just don’t know.
如果我是你
But if I were the man,
我会期待被告知
I’d want to be told.
告知什么?
Told what?
我不是来增添你的
I’m not here to add to your…
谢谢
Thanks.
你的太太怀孕了
Your wife was pregnant.
有三个月
First trimester.
就这样
There it is.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
唉 我希望我没做错
Hell, I hope I’ve done the right thing.
我跟我太太好几年没有性生活了
My wife and I had not performed the sex act in many years.

Well,
这就真的跟我无关
That’s really none of my business.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
就这样了
There it is.
祝你好运 克雷恩
Good luck, Crane.
朵莉丝跟我的确没好好沟通过
Doris and I had never really talked much.
我不觉得这样有什么不好
I don’t think that’s a bad thing necessarily.
我现在要说 实在有趣
But it is funny. Now I wanted to talk.
随着每个人的离去
Now, with everyone gone,
我不想知道的秘密竟跟随着我
I was alone with secrets I didn’t want…
而且没有人会再提了
And no one to tell ’em to anyway.
我去找一位会通灵的女人
I went to see a woman who was supposed to have powers in communicating…
她自称有神通
With those who had “Passed across”, as she called it.
她说有神通的人
She said that people who had passed across were picky about
对沟通的对象很挑剔
Who they’d communicate with.
不像一些旁门左道
Not like most people you run into on this side.
所以你需要导引 跟灵魂对谈要献礼
So you needed a guide, someone with a gift for talking to souls.
你的手伸过来
Give me your hand.
她首先说我太太身在平安之地
Well, first she told me that my wife was in a peachful place,
彼此的灵魂还能沟通
That our souls were still connected,
她对我的爱意不减
That she’d never stopped loving me…
虽然作错了一些事情
Even though she’d done some things she wasn’t proud of.
她像一本书般的阅读我的心
Man, she was reading me like a book.
她是骗子 唠唠叨叨
She was a phony, just another gabber.
我变成了安尼德霖格
I was turning into Ann Nirdlinger,
老戴夫的太太
Big Dave’s wife
我必须转头不顾这个老女人
I had to turn my back on the old lady,
戴着面纱 戴着鬼魅
On the veils, on the ghosts,
戴着死亡
On the dead,
在我被吞噬以前
Before they all sucked me in.
艾德?
Ed?
近来可好?
How are you holding up?
不错 华尔特 谢谢
Okay, Walter. Thanks.
对你失去的我替你感到遗憾
l, uh… I was so damn sorry to hear about your loss.
太可怕了 真的太可怕了
A terrible thing. It’s just damn terrible.
博蒂在楼上 手上有有长途电♥话♥ 所以
Uh, Birdy’s upstairs. I’m on long-distance, so…
那当然 华尔特
Sure, Walter.
嗨 博蒂
Hello, Birdy.
嗨 克莱恩先生
Hi, Mr. Crane.
好久不见 自从
We haven’t seen you since…
我们都很想念你
We’ve certainly missed you.
博蒂 我并没有胡思乱想
Birdy, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking.
许多事情结果都不尽理想
There are a lot of things that haven’t worked out for me.
命运发给我一手烂牌
Life has dealt me some bum cards.
也许我自己也没能打好
Or maybe I just haven’t played them right.
老爸不喜欢有人在这里抽烟
Pop doesn’t like people smoking in here.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
他不在的时候我也抽过烟 不过他在的时候从来不抽
Well, sometimes I have a cigarette when he’s away, but never when he’s home.
一哩外他就能闻出烟味
He can smell it a mile off.
当然啦 这是他的房♥子
Well, sure. It’s his house.
他也是不停这么讲
That’s what he keeps telling me.
总之 我的观点是:你还年轻
Anyway, my point is you’re young,
小孩子 真的 整个人生就在你前面
A kid, really, your whole life ahead of you.
开创自己的机会也并不算太早
But it’s not too soon to start making opportunities for yourself…
机会稍纵即逝
Before it all washes away.
老爸也这么说过
Yeah, I guess. Pop says so too.
我在学校很用功
You know, I work pretty hard at school.
那就好
That’s swell.
无论如何 音乐这方面如果你要把握它
However, the music, if you want to pursue it…
丝玟女士的课只能让你原地踏步
The lessons from Mrs. Swan, they’ll only take you so far.
旧金山有一个家伙
There’s this guy in San Francisco.
我打听过
I’ve made inquiries.
每个人都说他是最优秀的
Everybody says he’s the best.
教学生交响乐曲 音乐作品 诲人不倦
Trained people who’ve gone on to big concert careers in symphony orchestras, the works.
他名字叫贾克
His name is Jacques…
卡杉纳奎斯
Carcanogues.
不太确定我发音对不对 他是法国人
I’m not sure I’m pronouncing it right. Anyway, he’s a frenchman.
哇 法国人哦?- 你有天份
Oh, boy. A frenchman, huh? – You’ve got talent.
众所皆知 他是顶尖人物
Anybody can see that. And he’s the best.
他这个伯乐若寻得良马
If he sees a student that he thinks has talent,
就会义无反顾全力教导 要把握机会
He takes them on for next to nothing. So you’re a cinch to be accepted.
学费我可以负担 我说过:思而后行
I could cover the costs of the lessons. Like I said, it’s pretty modest.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!