他是一家人 他是我的内兄
No, he’s, uh, family. He’s my brother-in-law.
他最好在外面等
It would be best if he waited here.
这间理发店
The barber shop.
朵莉丝跟法兰克的爸爸 辛勤工作了三十年才完全持有
Doris and Frank’s father had worked 30 years to own it free and clear.
现在要押给银行了 银行会拨些钱给法兰克
Now it got signed over to the bank, and the bank signed some over to Frank.
法兰克会拨给佛烈迪雷因史耐德
And Frank signed the money to Freddy Riedenschneider.
两天后进城的那人
Who got into town two days later…
我跟他在达文西餐厅共进午餐
And told me to meet him at Da Vinci’s for lunch.
不要炸 水煮 三个煮两分钟
Not fried, poached. Three of ’em for two minutes.
细条牛排 五分熟 煎饼 马铃薯 蕃茄汁
Strip steak, medium rare, flapjacks, potatoes, tomato juice…
还有热的浓咖啡
And plenty of hot coffee.
你们有没有生蚝?- 没有 先生
You have any Prairie Oysters? – No, sir.
未上菜前先来杯鸡尾酒
Then bring me a fruit cocktail while I wait.
你是克雷恩?- 对
You’re Crane? – Yeah.
理发师对吗?
Barber, right?
我是佛烈迪雷因史耐德 你饿吗?
I’m Freddy Riedenschneider. Hungry?
不太饿
Uh, not really.
有人告诉我这里有好吃的 我打听过了
They tell me the chow’s okay here. I made some inquiries.
我不想浪费你的时间 所以我边吃边谈
Look, I don’t want to waste your time, so I’ll eat while we talk.
你不会介意吧?你不会介意
Do you mind? You don’t mind.
在城里这段期间我住大都会饭店
While I’m in town I’m staying at the Hotel Metropole.
杜兰朵套房♥ 好蠢 用歌♥剧来给套房♥命名
Turandot Suite. Yeah, it’s goofy. They named their suites after operas.
房♥间还不错 我到处乱逛
Room’s okay, though. I poked around.
我要他们保留套房♥ 我可能会来来去去好几趟
I’m having ’em hold it for me. I’ll be back and forth.
包括雇员 你另外要付:住宿费
So, in addition to my retainer, you’re paying hotel,
生活费 秘书费
Living expenses, secretarial,
必要的话:私♥家♥侦♥探♥费 心理医生费 假如一切势在必行
Private eye, if we need to make inquiries, head shrinker, should we go that way.
时间到了我们会上诉
We’ll talk about appeals if, as and when.
她已经招认了吗?- 还没 当然还没
For now, has she confessed? – No, of course not. She didn’t do it.
正好 没犯案不是重点 还没有招认才是重点
Good. That helps. Not that she didn’t do it That she didn’t confess.
要招认也要有代价 不过这是下下策 先不考虑
Course, There’s ways to deal with a confession, but that’s one less thing to think about.
明天三点我跟她约谈 你也要在场
Now, interview. I’m seeing her tomorrow. You sholud be there 3:00.
还有:你不要开口
One more thing. you keep your mouth shut.
规则我来定 我会教你怎么说
I get the lay of the land, I tell you what to say.
不该讲的别讲 什么是不该讲的?任何事情都是不该讲的
No talking out of school. What’s out of school? Everything’s out of school.
你只要闭嘴 话我来讲
I do the talking. You keep your trap shut.
我是律师你是理发师 你什么都不懂
I’m an attorney. You’re a barber. You don’t know anything.
好吧
Okay.
不错 有疑问就打电♥话♥给我
Good. Any questions, give me a ring.
杜兰朵套房♥ 我不在就留言
Turandot suite. If I’m out, leave a message.
确定不点些吃的?不要吗?好吧
Sure you don’t want anything? No? Okay.
你是好人 伙伴
You’re okay, pal.
你是好人 朵莉丝也是好人 所有事情就会好起来
You’re okay, she’s okay, everything’s gonna be hunky…
还有煎饼 小姐
And the… and the flapjacks, honey.
行人来来往往
There they were,
每个人各忙各的
All going about their business.
看起来我似乎知道个秘密
It seem like I knew a secret,
天大的秘密 甚至比戴夫被杀的真♥相♥还要大
A bigger one, even, than what had really happened to Big Dave,
他们毫无所悉
Something none of them knew.
不经意地
Like I had made it to the outside somehow,
我吹皱了一池春水
And they were all still struggling way down below.

Ann.
嗨 艾德
Hello, Ed.
你要进来吗?
Would you like to come in, Ann?
不要 很晚了
No. No, it’s very late.
我对你的损失感到遗憾
I’m so sorry about your loss.
你知道朵莉丝跟这件事情无关联
Course you know that Doris had nothing to do with it.
毫无关联
Nothing at all.
我知道
I know.
不要紧张 艾德
Don’t worry, Ed.
我来此告诉你
I came to tell you…
你必须转告朵莉丝
And you should tell Doris…
嗯?
Yeah?
你知道老戴夫多么喜欢 露营跟户外活动吗?
You know how Big Dave loved camping and the out of doors?

Yeah.
去年夏天我们去奥勒岗州尤金露营
We went camping last summer in Eugene, Oregon.
尤金郊区 艾德
Outside Eugene, Ed.
嗯?
Yeah?
入夜后两个人都看到几道光
At night there were lights. We both saw them.
除了我们提出的正式报告之外 从来没跟别人提过这件事
We never told anyone outside of our official report,
我的报告提供给政♥府♥
Our report to the government.
有看到一架太空船
There was a spacecraft.
我看到生物
I saw the creatures.
他们让老戴夫上太空船
They led Big Dave onto the craft.
他没透露他们做了些什么
He never told anyone what they did.
安 你要不要
Ann, would you like to…
我不会再提了 但是这件事越来越玄
I cannot repeat it to you, but this thing goes deep, Ed.
越来越跟政♥府♥牵扯不清
It goes deep and involves the government.
跟你太太无关 非常恐怖
This was not your wife. There’s a great deal of fear.
明显的圆圈圈被发现
You know how certain circles would-would find it,
内情 遭威胁
The knowledge, a threat.
他们试着限制
They-they try to limit it, and…
安 你要不要进来?
Ann, would you like to come in,
坐一下?
Sit down?
喝一杯也好
Maybe have a drink.
知道内情好像遭到什么诅咒
Sometimes knowledge is a curse, Ed.
经历了这些
After this happened,
事情都改观了
Things changed.
老戴夫
Big Dave…
他再也无法触碰我了
He never touched me again.
告诉朵莉丝别太担心
Tell Doris not to worry.
与她无关
I know it wasn’t her.
大概都会真♥相♥大白
Perhaps this will bring it out
最后
Finally.
一切都会慢慢浮现
Perhaps now it will all come out.
陈腔滥调
It stinks.
是事实
But it’s true.
我不管 是真是假都是陈腔滥调
I don’t care it’s true, it’s not true. It stinks.
他被丢黑函?谁丢的?你不知
You say he was being blackmailed? By who? You don’t know.
有奸♥情♥ 跟谁?你不知
For having an affair. With who? You don’t know.
有没有谁知道你也不知
Did anyone else know about it? Probably not. You don’t know.
我知道
I knew about it.
老戴夫跟我讲过
Big Dave told me about it…
面对困境他决定侵占公♥款♥
And the spot he was putting himself in by getting the money.
好可怕 你的丈夫还帮你撑腰
Terrific! Your husband backs you up. That’s terrific.
你们必须帮我理出个头绪
Come on, you gotta give me something to work with.
佛烈迪雷因史耐德虽然不错
Freddy Riedenschneider is good, but he’s not a magician.
但是他也不是魔术师 没办法摇着魔术棒变出抗告素材
He can’t just wave his little wand in the air to make a plausible defense materialize.
想想看对方要怎么告我们
Look at what the other side is gonna run at us.
他们拿到你一手编造的帐册
They got the company books prepared by you,
主动出击
Cooked by you. That’s motive.
他们重演整个谋杀剧情
They got a murder scene you had access to. That’s opportunity.
手握证据 他们握有刺喉的小刀 该死的凶器
They got that little trimmer thing he was stabbed in the throat with.
那是老戴夫自己的
A dame’s weapon. It was Big Dave’s.
别打岔 这表示
Don’t interrupt me. That’s means.
他们有足够的证据支持 这是商业利益下的受害者
They got a fine, upstanding pillar of the business community as a victim,
然后再咬住你:
And then they got you,
情绪不稳定 玩弄数字游戏的员工
A disgruntled, number-juggling underling,
案发当天喝得烂醉如泥
Who on the day in question was drunk as a skunk…
案发当时的不在场证明却是 独自一人昏睡在家里
And whose alibi for the time in question is being passed out at home, alone.
我跟她在一起
I was with her.
我说过了
Like I say,
陈腔滥调
It stinks.
人是我杀的
I killed him.
你杀了他
Okay. You killed him.
黑函的事情就一笔勾销 你杀了他
Okay, we forget the blackmail thing. You killed him.
怎么会?
How come?
他跟朵莉丝发生奸♥情♥
He and Doris, uh, were having an affair.
好的
Okay.
那你怎么知道?
How did you know?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!