Good thinking.
现在 劳驾你把这箱酒
Now if you’ll be kind enough
放在我膝盖上
to slide the case of spirits on to my lap,
咱们的生意就完成了
this business will be concluded,
然后咱们来聊聊个人的生活
and we can catch up on each other’s personal lives.
我会很期待的
I would be looking forward to it.
瘦辣肠怎么没了
What happened to the Slim Jims?
蒙提 今年你有多少收入
What’s your income this year, Monte?
我估计总收入有34.18元
I estimate my gross income at $34 and 18 cents.
我准备大部分投资在我的食物上
A good portion of which I’ve invested with Mahmoud.
有时候我特想脱裤子
Sometimes I wanna pull my pants down.
谁不想呢
Join the club.
你打算全喝光吗
You gonna drink all that?
我已经打定主意这么做
I have every intention of doing so.
为什么
Why?
因为我是酒鬼 酒鬼都这样
‘Cause I’m a drunk, and that’s what we do.
等你足够醉 什么事都能让你哭
Get drunk enough, you’ll cry over anything.
真心的泪可以带你去一个地方
Real tears are a useful way of getting to a place.
什么地方
What place?
我需要去的地方
Anywhere you need to go.
现在看看外面 讲讲没有的东西
Now look out there and tell me what’s not there,
要让我感兴趣
and make me interested.
我看见
I see…
我看见
I see…
一个女孩 在湖边走
a girl walking by the lake.
她多大
How old is she?
长什么样 穿什么衣服
What does she look like? What is she wearing?
她十岁了 扎著马尾辫
She’s ten years old, and she’s got a ponytail.
她在干什么
What’s she doing?
她在看身后
She’s looking behind her.
为什么
Why?
有个男人在跟踪她
‘Cause there’s a man following her.
她怎么做
So what does she do?
她开始跑
She starts running.
他追着她
He chases her.
追上了吗
Does he catch her?
没有 她逃脱了
No. She gets away.
然后
How?
她跑去邻居阿尔·凯撒的家
She runs to her neighbor, Al Kaiser’s house
消失在房♥后
and disappears around the back.
坏人跑过去时
When the bad guy gets there,
只看见她的一只球鞋
all he sees is one of her sneakers lying in front
落在开着的地下室门口
of an open door that leads down to the cellar.
等坏人跑下楼去捉她时
When the bad guys goes down the stairs to grab her,
她从藏身的大橡树后面跳出来
she jumps out from behind the big oak tree
从地上拉起沉重的地下室门
where she’s been hiding and lifts that heavy door off the ground
关在他头顶
and closes it on top of him,
不等他逃出来
and before he can escape,
她抓起阿尔·凯撒家门口的耙子
she grabs the rake Al Kaiser keeps by the door
穿过门的把手 坏人被关在里头
and slides it through the handles, which traps the bad guy
直到警♥察♥来把他带走
until the cops come to take him away.
恭喜你
Congratulations.
你刚刚编出了第一个故事
You just made up your first story.
因为 卡尔·鲁普跟我
I know, ’cause Carl Loop and me,
不想让妈妈找到的时候
we always used to hide there when we didn’t want our mothers
总躲在那
to know where we were.
很好的直觉
Good instincts.
从自身经历里找灵感
You draw from your own experiences.
现在呢
Now what?
你累死我了
You work me too hard.
下课
Class dismissed.
好吧 再见
Okay. See ya.
妈妈 妈妈 我写了个故事
Hey, Mom, Mom! I wrote a story!
我写了个故事
I wrote a story!
我真是个好导师
I’m one hell of a mentor.
蒙提 你记得绰号♥”舞厅女郎”的葛丝女士
Monte, you know that dancehall gal, Miss Gussy?
在你书里开酒吧的那个吗
The one that runs the saloon in all your books?
记得
I do.
我很奇怪她跟朱伯没成一对儿
I’m surprised she and Jubal never got together.
说实话 我也觉得奇怪
Tell you the truth, I was surprised too.
不过 有几个人真正懂爱情呢
But then, who among us truly knows the ways of love?
你说得太对了 先生
You got that right, sir.
-妈妈 -怎么
– Mama. – Yes?
我不想再画了
I don’t wanna paint anymore.
小寿星 你想做什么
Okay, birthday girl. What do you wanna do?
我想去跳弹力堡
I wanna go jump.
去跳吧
Go jump.
但是 咱们得给维尔德亨画完啊
However, we cannot leave Mr. Wildhorn half done.
谢谢
Thank you.
听着 我得在3点之前离开
Listen, lady, I gotta be outta here by 3:00.
我以为我租下的是你一整天
It was my understanding I had you for the entire day.
我4点在湖对面有个活儿
Yeah, well, I got a 4:00 on the other side of the lake.
妈妈 看我给芙罗拉做的
Mama, look what I made for Flora.
我给她试一试
I’m testing it for her.
别太用力
Oh, okay. Take it easy with that.
小心点
Be careful with that, Finn, okay?
我可不想看到独眼女儿
I don’t wanna see any one-eyed daughters.
好的
Okay.
失陪
Oh, excuse me.
杰克 你在哪里 已经开始一小时了
Jack, where are you? It started over an hour ago.
好吧 等等
All right, hang on.
芙罗拉 宝贝 爸爸找你
Hey, Flora. Hey, honey. It’s Daddy for you.
他不来吗
He’s not coming.
我不明白我怎么还会惊讶
I don’t know why I’m always surprised.
我只是…
I just…
我猜是为了女儿们才总是期待
I guess I keep hoping for the sake of the girls.
爸爸不来了
Daddy’s not coming.
小闺女 咱们去跳吧
Oh, hey, baby girl, let’s go jump.
我不想跳
I don’t wanna jump.
爸爸说我可以去跟他住
Dad said it would be okay if I came up to stay with him.
维柳 我们不会再谈这件事
Willow, we are not doing this again.
可我在这没事干
There’s nothing for me to do here.
我朋友都在城里
All my friends are in the city.
他连自己女儿的
You know, he can’t even show up
生日聚会都不来
for his own daughter’s birthday party.
也许他只是不想见你
Maybe he just didn’t want to see you.
够了
That’s enough.
不如我去跟芙罗拉谈谈吧
Why don’t I just go and talk to Flora for a minute?
好吧
Okay.
我在找小寿星
I’m looking for the birthday girl.
你知道她在哪儿吗
You know where I can find her?
我就是小寿星
I’m the birthday girl.
太好了
Oh, good.
因为 我有件东西给你
‘Cause I got something for you.
是什么
What is it?
你的生日礼物
It’s your birthday present.
我想是在这儿 给我放哪了
I think it’s here. Where’d I put it?
在这里
Ah, there it is.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
是什么
What is it?
是个故事
It’s a story.
讲什么的
About what?
一只名叫托尼的大象
About an elephant named Tony.
他说他是你的朋友
Well, he said he was a friend of yours,
他叫我帮他写下来
and he asked me to write it down for him.
托尼是真的大象吗
Is Tony a real elephant?
是的 当然是
Yes, ma’am, he sure is.
太谢谢了
Thank you so much!
妈妈 看我得到什么了
Mom! Look what I got!
她真是个辣妹
Man, that is one hot lady.
她要是我的女人 我永远不会让她下床