but instead, I’m being held prisoner here.
妈 你准备听我的三个词吗
Are you ready for my three words, Mama?
你准备好就行
If you’re prepared.
我能离开吗
Can I be excused?
不能 菲妮 说吧
You may not. Go ahead, Finn.
一 想象力
One, imagination:
在头脑里形成的
the process of forming a mental image of something
从未幻想者身上发生过的情景的过程
never before perceived by the imaginer in reality.
也是人类
Besides being the most powerful force
最强大的力量
ever made available for humankind.

Two,
欺骗
bamboozle:
迷惑 或是靠耍花样瞒过别人
to deceive or get the better of somebody by trickery.
欺骗 欺诈 行骗
Cheat, fleece, or snooker.
第三个词呢
And your third word?
导师
Mentor:
可信的顾问 向导 老师 或教练
a trusted counselor or guide, tutor or coach.
有意思的选择
Interesting choices.
今年夏天我就七岁啦
I’m gonna be seven this summer.
你可以来我生日聚会
You can come to my party.
芙罗拉 他才不会想去
Flora, he doesn’t want to.
菲妮根 是8月15日
Finnegan. It’s August 15th.
你完全不用勉强
And you’re under no obligation.
正相反
To the contrary.
我十分高兴能参加你的庆祝活动
I greatly appreciate being included in your celebratory plans
一定会把这特别的日子标在日历上的
and I will be sure to mark that special day on my calendar.
谁会弹钢琴
Who plays the piano?
我一直想教她们三个 毫无成效
I’ve been trying to teach these three, to no avail.
维尔德亨先生 你喜欢音乐吗
Do you appreciate music, Mr. Wildhorn?
是的 我喜欢
Oh, yes, ma’am, I do.
我年轻的时候 常有人说我嗓子好呢
In my younger days, I was often complimented for my voice.
你愿意为我们唱一曲吗
Would you like to sing for us?
当然可以
It’s the least I can do.
现在我能离开吗
Now may I be excused?
不能 维尔德亨先生要为我们唱歌♥
No. Mr. Wildhorn’s going to favor us with a song.
生在哈利法克斯的船长
Oh, a captain born in Halifax
住在乡间
Who dwelt in country quarters
引诱了女仆
Seduced a maid who hanged herself
她第二天上吊了
Next morning in her garters
我不会弹这首歌♥
I don’t think I know that one.
那么 弹一个你会的吧
Well, okay… play something you do know.
这…
Um, well…
其实不是首歌♥
it’s not a song, exactly.
不过 开始了
But… here goes.
为了听这样的音乐
Mmm, I would leave all my windows open
我愿一直开着窗
to hear that kind of playing.
这也是比较善意的评论呢
That would be one of my kinder reviews.
它说我打扰太久 该告辞了
He’s telling me I’ve outstayed my welcome.
好 孩子们 来和维尔德亨先生道别吧
All right, girls. Let’s say good night to Mr. Wildhorn.
蒙提再见
Good night, Monte.
晚安 芙罗拉
Oh, good night, Flora.
明天一早我就准备好
I’ll be ready first thing in the morning.
干什么
For what?
-你知道的 -好的
– You know. – Oh, oh, oh. All right.
谢谢你提醒我
Yeah, thanks for the reminder.
孩子们 去收拾桌子 你也是 维柳
Girls, you can clear the table. You too, Willow.
奥尼尔太太
Mrs. O’Neil,
我想为这愉快的一晚向你道谢
I want to thank you for a very lovely evening.
我从未听过如此动人的
I don’t believe I have ever
贝多芬钢琴奏鸣曲
heard Beethoven’s Pathetique Sonata played with such affection.
你知道这曲子
You know the piece.
我写作时
Well, when I was writing,
什么音乐都听一点
I listened to all kinds of music.
维尔德亨先生
Mr. Wild horn.
你为什么停笔了
Why did you stop writing?
跟我放弃宗教一个原因
Same reason I gave up religion.
上帝告诉我说他是个无神论者
God confided in me that he’s an atheist.
朱伯·麦克劳斯曾经爱过谁吗
Did your Jubal McLaws ever love a woman?
没有朱伯追不到的女孩 不过
Well, Jubal always got the girl,
他只爱过一次
but he only fell in love once.
已经比有些人多了
That’s more than some.
然后他们永远快乐地生活在一起吗
Did they live happily ever after?
没有
No.
在牲畜争夺战时 她得流感去世了
He lost her to the influenza in “Cattle Wars.”
那之后他就没再爱过吗
And he never fell in love after that?
他怎么能呢
How could he?
我认为 你和朱伯很像
I think Jubal has quite a hold on you.
我在真实世界里做不到的事
Well, all the things I couldn’t do in the real world,
朱伯帮我在书页上做了
Jubal let me do on the page.
晚安 奥尼尔太太
Good night, Mrs. O’Neil.
谢谢你的食物和美酒
Thanks for the chicken dinner.
你还欠我祝酒辞呢 维尔德亨先生
You owe me a toast, Mr. Wildhorn.
我一向如此
I’m good for it.
你今晚的表现值得嘉奖
Your behavior tonight was exemplary.
为此 我同意你以后放屁
As a result, I’m going to lift the ban on farting.
生在哈利法克斯的船长
A captain born in Halifax
住在乡间
Who dwelt in country quarters
引诱了女仆
Seduced a maid who hanged herself
她第二天上吊了
One morning in her garters
捡球
Fetch.
也许”捡球”这个词不能引起你的共鸣
Maybe it’s the word “fetch” that doesn’t resonate.
或许”寻回”能唤醒你沉寂的本性
Perhaps “retrieve” will stimulate some long-dormant instinct.
寻回
Retrieve.
寻回
Retrieve.
我看还是条路啊
It still just looks like a street.
你没有尽力
You’re holding back.
没有
I’m not.
我做不到
I can’t do this.
这跟我听说的不一样
It’s not what I hear.
什么
What?
镇上传闻是
Well, word about town is that I’m known
我有吃蜈蚣的爱好呢
to consider earthworm something of a delicacy.
你从哪儿…
Where did–?
我自有线人
I have my sources.
可我不知道你是…我只是…
But I didn’t know you then. You know, I was just–
你用了想像力
Using your imagination.

Hello?
我是蒙提·维尔德亨
Hi. This is Monte Wildhorn.
你好 蒙提
Oh, hi, Monte?
你家儿子在吗
Is your boy there?
儿子
The boy?
等等 等等
Oh. Oh. Hold on. Hold on.
卡尔 来电♥话♥了
Carl! It’s the phone.
-来电♥话♥了 -什么事 妈妈
– The phone! – What is it, Mom?
你的电♥话♥
It’s a phone call, for you.
是吗 是谁
It is? Who is it?
听听吧
Well, find out.
我是卡尔·鲁普
This is Carl Loop.
一定是我打错了
Oh. I must have the wrong number.
我想找迪亚戈·桑达纳
I was looking for Diego Santana.
我就是迪亚戈·桑达纳
I’m Diego Santana.
那就好
All right, then.
上马吧 伙计 咱们要骑马进城去
Saddle up, amigo. We’re riding into town.
妈妈 我们要骑马进城去
Mom, we’re riding into town.
你总是戴白帽子吗
Do you always wear a white hat?
我戴白帽子 迪亚戈
I wear a white hat, Diego,
是为枪战时 人们能分清谁是坏人
so the folks can tell the good guys
谁是好人
from the bad guys in case of gun play.
干嘛戴护目镜
What’s with the goggles?
好不让人认出卡尔
Then no one knows I’m Carl.
好主意

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!