If you have a hankering for Slim Jims,
你随便放哪他都会去找
you’ll hunt the store over,
但要是不想吃 你这么推销也没用
but if not, a desperate display like this improves no one’s life.
那你建议如何
What do you suggest?
放点瓜子
Sunflower seeds.
就这么一说
Just a thought.
-日安 -日安
– Good day. – Good day.
来
Come on.
真乖
You’re such a good boy.
我们还没正式见过呢
We haven’t formally met.
我是夏洛特·奥尼尔
I’m Charlotte O’Neil.
-很高兴见到你 奥尼尔太太 -蒙提·维尔德亨
– Pleasure, Mrs. O’Neil. – Monte Wildhorn.
我该解释一下
I should explain.
我和戴夫有个长♥期♥的合作
I have a rather long-standing arrangement with Dave,
他总和乐队去演出
since he’s away a lot with his band.
他不在的时候就由我照顾林戈
And, while he’s gone, I take care of Ringo.
你不是碰巧在说斑点吧
You’re not, by any chance, referring to Spot, are you?
新名字
Oh, a new name?
我可是看着它长大的
Well, I’ve known him since he was a pup.
奥尼尔太太 初次见面可能不该这么说
Well, there’s a lot to be said for enduring associations, Mrs. O’Neil,
但以后
but in the future,
我希望你别再遛我的狗
I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t walk my dog.
它是戴夫的狗
He’s Dave’s dog.
我也没说我是它亲爹
I’m not claiming to be his biological father.
这是芙罗拉 我的小女儿
This is Flora, my youngest.
你能忙得过来就行 维尔德亨先生
Well, as long as you think you can manage, Mr. Wildhorn.
我为什么会忙不过来 奥尼尔太太
And why wouldn’t I be able to manage, Mrs. O’Neil?
不为什么
No reason.
上来
Come here.
对了
Oh, um, just so you know.
林戈
Uh, Ringo–
抱歉 是斑点
Um, sorry, Spot.
他后腿容易僵
He tends to get stiff in his hindquarters.
每天都得带它跑一跑
He needs daily exercise.
我会留心的
I’ll take it under advisement.
听着 我愿意和你妥协
Now, I’m willing to meet you halfway.
你想念戴夫 我明白
You miss Dave. I understand that.
但你的朋友奥尼尔太太 不能不经我同意
But your friend Mrs. O’Neil had no right to take you for a walk
就带你出去
without asking me first.
日后你要礼貌的拒绝所有类似邀请
In the future, you will politely decline all such invitations.
听懂没有
Is that clear?
你别每次谈话都是这反应啊
Now that cannot be the response to every admonishment.
我是阿尔·凯撒
Al Kaiser!
过去一点就是我家
I’m just down the road.
车道上停了艘旧摩托艇的那家
Got the old outboard in the driveway.
我太没礼貌了
Where are my manners?
请进 凯撒先生
Do come in, Mr. Kaiser.
要叮当派吗
Can I offer you a Ding Dong?
抱歉我不能久留
Uh, sorry. I can’t stay.
我正要在家里给唐开追悼会
I’m having a memorial for Don at my house.
那个篮球专家
Ah, the basketball aficionado.
对 他死的太突然了
Yes. It was quite a shock.
是 我可一点不惊讶
Yeah, well, not to me.
我希望你能来
Well, I hope you can make it.
我不认识他
Uh, I didn’t know the man.
每人都会带点吃的 随便什么
Everybody’s bringing something.
5点左右见了
You know, potluck. See you around 5:00.
我都不认识他
I didn’t know the man.
到时见
See you then!
爸爸来电♥话♥了吗
Did I miss Daddy’s call?
爸爸有空了就会来电♥话♥ 小柳树
Daddy will call you as soon as he has time, Willow Tree.
爸爸答应了 帮我做好木筏
Daddy promised to help me finish my raft.
然后这夏天就去岛上
I’m going to the island this summer.
那个岛有什么好玩的
What’s so important about that stupid island, anyway?
那个岛可神奇了
That’s where the magic is.
你有妄想症吧
You’re delusional.
维柳
Willow.
为什么我不能和爸爸住
I just don’t understand why I couldn’t have stayed with Dad.
我想让你们两个
I’d like the two of you to take the salad
把沙拉送去唐的追悼会
down the block to Don’s memorial.
我忙着呢
I’m busy.
妈妈 我去
I’ll go, Mama.
谢谢 菲妮
Thank you, Finn.
我该怎么做
What do I do?
替我们家表示哀悼
You offer our family’s condolences,
把沙拉留下 然后直接回家
and then you leave the salad and come straight home.
哀悼是什么
What’s condolences?
你说 唐去世了我们很难过
You say, “We’re very sorry that Don has passed,
但是他会一直与我们同在
but now he’s with all of us.”
他会吗
He is?
把沙拉送去 表现得悲伤点就行
Just drop off the salad and look sad.
你能来太好了
Ah, I’m so glad you made it.
我带了奇多
I brought you Cheetos.
真好 欢迎
Nice touch. Welcome.
谢谢
Uh, thanks.
有不少吃的 啤酒也冰上了
There’s plenty to eat, and the beer is on ice,
全是按唐生前喜好来的
just the way Don would have wanted.
这里人都很好
A lot of nice people here.
你会喜欢他们的
I think you’ll like everybody.
我不得不说 我很欣赏你的成就
I must say, I’m a big admirer of your work.
谢谢
Thank you.
我很久没照看过狗了
I haven’t been a dog-sitter for very long.
不是 我是说你写的西部小说
No, I’m talking about those Western novels you write.
我还有本《红石边的较量》
I’ve got a copy of “Showdown at Red Rock” around somewhere.
都好几年没重印了
It’s been out of print for years.
你刚才提到啤酒
Uh, you mentioned beer?
啤酒 对 有的
Beer. Indeed I did.
你好 菲妮
Hi, Finn.
抱歉唐去世了 给你沙拉
Sorry Don died. Here’s a salad.
唐会喜欢的
Don would’ve appreciated that.
帮我谢谢你妈妈
And thank your mother for me.
把沙拉放到那边的桌子上
You can add the salad to that table,
顺便把这个带去就更好了
and be an angel and drop that off, too.
奥尼尔家的孩子
One of the O’Neil girls.
很乖巧
Sweet kids.
来介绍一下 贝拉岛的菲妮根·奥尼尔
Monte Wildhorn, may I present Miss Finnegan O’Neil of Belle Isle.
很高兴认识你
Pleased to make your acquaintance.
还有啤酒吗
Can I get more beer?
维尔德亨先生是
Mr. Wildhorn writes about cowboys
西部小说作家
in the Wild West.
你笔下的朱伯·麦克劳斯
Boy, I’ll say one thing.
拔枪真是神速
That Jubal McLaws sure is quick on the draw.
对决时一念之差 性命可就不保啊
Many cross his path. Few live to tell about it.
没错
Now, that’s right,
就像那次朱伯
like when Jubal had that shootout
和神枪吉姆·沃特森 太险了
with Deadshot Jim Watson of Albuquerque.
如果我能找到你的书
Say, if I could find my copy
能帮我签个名吗
of “Showdown at Red Rock,” would you sign it for me?
还是不要了 凯撒先生
I would not, Mr. Kaiser.
我不想被当做名人看待
I’ve always resisted becoming part of the cult of celebrity.
不过呢
However…
可以再来一听啤酒
I will accept another beer.
没问题 我尊重你的决定
Ah! All right. I respect that.
我其实不是这的人
I’m not really from Belle Isle.
只是夏天来住
We only come here for the summers.
这样啊
Is that so?
我住在曼哈顿
I live in Manhattan.
至少以前是
At least, I used to.
我爸妈离婚了
My dad and mom are getting divorced,
所以我妈说以后一直住这了
so now my mom says we have to live here all the time.
你妈妈怎么让你一个人过来