I leaned in to get the sign,
就在视线一角
and out of the corner of my eye,
看到了我这辈子见过的最美的女孩
I saw the most beautiful girl I’d ever seen in my life.
她坐在接球手的正后方
She takes a seat right behind the catcher,
我再也看不见别的
and I can’t take my eyes off her.
第一局我就给打出局了
I was knocked out in the first inning.
但我一点不后悔
But it was worth it.
她叫玛丽
Her name was Mary,
8个月后我们结婚了
and we were married eight months later.
她想要很多孩子
She wanted to have a lot of kids.
我对此没有意见
I was all right with that.
离我25岁生日还有两天
Two days before my 25th birthday,
我接到红鸟队的电♥话♥
I got a call from the Cardinals.
他们需要新的先发球员
They needed a new starter.
我当时正从球场回家
I was on my way home from the ballpark
准备把好消息告诉玛丽
to tell Mary the good news…
一个酒后驾车的人闯红灯
when a drunk driver ran a red light…
我从此坐上了轮椅
I ended up in this chair.
我肯定玛丽会抛弃我
I was sure Mary would leave me.
有些时候我几乎希望她离开
There were times when I almost wished she would.
但是 她从未放弃我
But she never gave up on me.
她总是跟我说
She used to tell me,
一扇门关上了 另一扇门会打开
one door closes, another one opens.
我没相信 直到有一天我看见朱伯·麦克劳斯
I didn’t buy into it until one day I looked up
我看见朱伯·麦克劳斯
and there was Jubal McLaws,
脸上似笑非笑 定定的看着我
a half smile on his face, staring right back at me.
朱伯和玛丽给了我重生
Jubal and Mary gave me my life back.
6年前玛丽去世了
Six years ago, Mary died…
朱伯也跟她一起走了
and Jubal went with her.
所有的门都关起
All doors closed,
上了门栓
bolted shut.
直到有一天
Until one day,
一个名叫菲妮根·奥尼尔的
a nine year-old girl named Finnegan O’Neil
9岁女孩来到我门前 还给了我双腿
showed up at my door and gave me back my legs.
我怎么做到的
How did I do that?
你跟我一起相信
By believing with me.
因此我才能在月光下跳舞
That’s how I was able to dance in the moonlight.
你跳舞了吗
You danced?
在我脑海里 我跳了
In my mind, I sure did.
治不好吗
Can’t they fix you?
治不好 菲妮
No, Finn, they can’t.
也许会有奇迹出现呢
Maybe you’ll get a miracle.
据我看 我的奇迹已经出现了
The way I see it, I already got my miracle.
你先去通讯簿
Okay, so first you go to “contacts.”
通讯簿是什么
What’s “contacts”?
就是那个像本书的东西
It’s the thing that looks like a book.
我看到表
I see a clock.
就在表的旁边 看见了吗
It’s next to the clock, see?
好吧 我要怎么过去
All right. How do I get there?
-看到中间那个小球吗 -看到
– See the little ball in the middle? – Yeah.
-推一推 -推一推
– Roll it. – Roll it.
用大拇指
With your thumb.
用大拇指 好的
With my thumb, okay.
到了 然后呢
Oh! There it is. Now what?
按下去
Press it.
现在它给我看时间
Now it’s showing me the time.
因为你一边推一边按的 后退一步
That’s because you rolled it while pressing it. Go back one.
我不要
Ah, I don’t believe I will.
我一开始就说了 这东西我玩不来
Like I stated at the outset, it’s not for me.
谁想喝汽水
Now, who can I interest in a Mr. Pibb?

Me.
来吧
Come on.
要是我弄错了 你就说一声
Uh… you let me know if I’m doing something wrong.
我从来没照顾小孩睡觉过
I never put kids to bed before.
我们会帮你的 蒙提
We’ll help you, Monte.
妈妈不是该回来了吗
Shouldn’t Mama be home now?
她刚给我发了短♥信♥
She just texted me.
她过几个小时才能到
She’ll be home in a couple of hours.
那么现在
Well, now.
好吧
All right, then…
闭上眼睛
get some shuteye.
我们在睡养狗戴夫的床呢
We’re in Dog Dave’s bed.
你继续
I couldn’t agree more.
如此的夜晚真会让人有那个兴致
A night like this certainly puts you in the mood.
晚上好 维尔德亨先生
Good evening, Mr. Wildhorn.
回来晚了真对不起
I’m sorry I’m so late.
没关系
Oh, that’s all right.
我不知道该怎么弄
I didn’t know what to do,
就把小的安置到养狗戴夫的床上了
so I put the little ones in Dog Dave’s bed.
那将是她们对这个夏天最深的记忆
That’ll be all they remember about this summer.
维柳在沙发上睡了
Willow fell asleep on the couch.
希望她们没添太多麻烦
I hope they weren’t too much trouble.
没有 一点都没有
Oh, just the opposite.
我想我就把她们带走吧
Well, I guess I better take ’em off your hands.
如果你愿意 让她们在这里过夜也行
I don’t mind if you wanna leave ’em for the night.
确定吗
Are you sure?
这个钟点去叫她们起来未免太残忍♥
It’d be a shame to wake ’em at this hour.
好 谢谢你
Oh. Okay. Thanks.
那…
Well, uh…
我就回去了
I better be getting back.
如果你不太累 就坐一坐吧
If you don’t feel too tired, you might wanna sit a spell.
好的
Okay.
我会想念这里的
I’m gonna miss this place.
你打算去哪里
Where will you go?
不太确定
Not quite sure.
我在墨西哥有几个照看猫的机会
I have some cat-sitting prospects in Mexico.
我想去一个叫新络兹河的小镇
I thought I’d try Nueva Rosita.
是我小说里提到的
It’s a little town I wrote about
当朱伯躲避民兵团时
when Jubal was holed up down in those parts
藏身的地方
hiding out from a posse.
那里应该适合写作
Figured it’d be a good place to write.
我很高兴你又动笔了
I’m glad you’re writing again.
芙罗拉很喜欢托尼的故事呢
Flora just loves the Tony stories.
你说过的 那么你呢
So you said. What about you?
我也十分喜欢
I’m greatly fond of them as well.
今年夏天很好
This has been a wonderful summer.
只有一件事 我知道我会后悔没有做
There’s only one thing that I know I’ll wish I had done.
是什么
What’s that?
在月光下跳我们的华尔兹
Had our waltz in the moonlight.
我明白你的意思
I know what you mean.
确定不用我把她们带走吗
Sure you don’t want me to take the girls?
我是说 你要在哪儿睡觉
I mean, where are you gonna sleep?
在星光下入睡从不困难
Ah, sleeping under the stars has never been a hardship.
那么我明天早上来接她们吧
I guess I’ll just come back and get them in the morning.
晚安 奥尼尔太太
Good night, Mrs. O’Neil.
晚安 维尔德亨先生
Good night, Mr. Wildhorn.
他还在睡
He’s sleeping.
对不起 蒙提 我们正想溜走
Sorry, Monte. We were sneaking out.
我们想让妈妈惊喜一下
We want to surprise Mama.
你们溜走的本领要再练习练习
Well, your sneaking skills could use a little work.
应该叫醒她吗
Should we wake her up?
不 我想应该让她睡觉
No, I think we should let her sleep.
你觉得她什么时候会醒
When do you think she’ll wake up?
正好 你醒了
Oh, good, you’re up.
早上好 孩子们
Oh, good morning, girls.
什么事让你们大驾光临啊
To what do I owe this lovely intrusion?
是给你的
Here. This is for you.
我的天啊 从哪里…
My goodness. Where…?
我在岛上找到的
I found it on the island.
是块三明治
Eat the sandwich.
我已经多久没见到…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!