“The Saga of Jubal McLaws” is the best Western novel I ever read.
假如你允许
If you allow me,
我想让朱伯成真
I’d be honored to be the one to bring Jubal to life.
无意冒犯 富沃德先生
All due respect, Mr. Ford,
可是 我去世的妻子已经完成了那个奇迹
but my late wife has already pulled off that miracle.
那想想你的读者吧 要是电影做出来了
Then consider your readership–this movie gets produced,
你会多一千倍的读者
they’ll increase a thousand fold.
这难道不是你的宿愿吗
Isn’t that what you always wanted?
我以为是
I thought it was.
富沃德先生 我感激你来看我
Mr. Ford, I appreciate your taking the time to come out here,
真的
I really do.
你是饰演朱伯的最佳人选
If ever there was a man to play Jubal, you’d be him.
但是现在 我生活很好…
But right now, I’m in a pretty good…
很多时候 生活总是事与愿违
Most times, real life doesn’t measure up to what’s in our heads,
但偶尔它也会变得如意
but every now and then, it comes pretty close.
你正好撞见我如意的时期了
You happened to catch me in one of those rarefied moments.
所以如果你不介意
So if it’s all the same to you,
我现在更想贴近生活
I’ll stick with real life for a spell.
这是一个天大的错误 我得告诉你
You’re making a big mistake, and I gotta tell you,
这可能是你最后一个机会
this could be your last chance.
乔 我不相信最后的机会
I don’t believe in last chances, Joe.
我已经有过太多最后机会了
I’ve had too many of them.
-蒙提 -乔
– Monte! – Joe…
会谈结束
meeting’s over.
幸会
It’s real nice meeting you.
很好听
That’s pretty.
是隔壁邻居奥尼尔太太
It’s Mrs. O’Neil, next door.
优秀的女人
Real fine lady.
现在她向我诉说
Right now, she’s talking to me.
若你们不介意 这是私人谈话
And if you don’t mind, it’s a personal conversation.
维尔德亨先生
Mr. Wildhorn,
很高兴没有跟你合作
it’s a pleasure not doing business with you.
你在这儿还待多久
How much longer are you here?
两个星期
Couple of weeks.
身边钱够吗
Fixed all right for cash?
跟以前一样
Same as always.
我就知道
That’s what I thought.
不用了 谢谢 乔
No, thanks, Joe.
保重
You take care.
维尔德亨先生 你还欠我一个祝酒辞
I believe you owe me a toast, Mr. Wildhorn.
为你干杯 奥尼尔太太
Here’s to you, Mrs. O’Neil, and a face
你的脸庞给了月光值得倾斜的地方
that gives the moonlight something worth shining on.
维尔德亨先生 你想要什么
What do you want out of life, Mr. Wildhorn?
再多一些今天这样的晚上
I’d settle for more nights like this.
我跟女儿们讲 人生最大的享受
I told my girls that one of the great pleasures
就是寻找相爱的人
life has to offer is their own search after the heart.
是啊 女士
Yes, ma’am.
能得到你的心的女人是什么样的
What would the woman who captures your heart be like?
她会有你走进房♥间时的身姿
She’d have your way of walking into a room.
那是什么样
How do I do that?
外面是晴天 微微下过一点雨
It’s sunny outside. There’s a light rainfall.
你知道当暖风吹来雨滴时的感觉吗
You know how it feels when a warm breeze comes with the rain?
那就是你走进房♥间时的身姿
That’s how you walk into a room.
要能配上这么美丽的形容
That’s some kind of walking I’d have to do
我可真要仔细走路了
to be worthy of such lovely words.
我也希望她有你的耳朵
And I’d like her to have your ears.
我的耳朵
My ears?
希望你不介意 奥尼尔太太
If you don’t mind me saying so, Mrs. O’Neil,
你的耳朵像能承受温柔的低语
your ears look like they can handle the soft whisper.
希望你不介意 维尔德亨先生
And if you don’t mind my inquiring, Mr. Wildhorn,
低语的内容是什么
what would the whisper be?
它每晚都不同啊
Well, it would be different every night.
也许你可以在跳舞时向我耳盼低语
Maybe you could whisper it in my ear while we dance.
我有确凿的证据 你喜爱华尔兹
I have it on good authority that you love to waltz.
我的确喜爱
And so I do.
维尔德亨先生
Mr. Wildhorn?
我就来
Uh, I’ll be right there!
等一下 等一下
Just a minute. Just a minute.
我马上就来
I’ll be right there.
太早的话我可以等下再来
If it’s too early, I can come back.
不不 一点也不
Oh, no, no, no.
不早不早
Not at all. Not at all.
奥尼尔太太 令人惊喜的造访
Ah, Mrs. O’Neil. What a pleasant surprise.
有事吗
What can I do for you?
我想求你一件事
I have something of a favor to ask you
希望不会太让你为难
if it wouldn’t be too much of an imposition.
昨晚你的琴弹得那么好
After the way you played the piano last night,
任何事都可以
no favor is too big.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我今天要进城见律师
It’s just that I have to go into the city for the day to meet with the lawyers.
杰克跟我有几件最后的事要解决
Jack and I have a few final things to work out.
我想问问你能不能
I was wondering if you might stay
在我离开时陪陪孩子们
with the girls until I get back.
不会太晚的
It shouldn’t be too late.
你让我看小孩儿
You want me to baby-sit?
如果你不介意
If you wouldn’t mind.
不不
No, no.
不 我接受挑战
No, I accept the challenge.
好极了 维尔德亨先生 谢谢你
Wonderful. Thank you, Mr. Wildhorn.
冰箱里有一大盘菜 是晚饭
There’s a casserole in the fridge for dinner.
要是需要找我 孩子们有我手♥机♥号♥
And if you need to reach me, the girls have my cell number.
睡觉前我应该能回来 不过
Okay, now, I should be home before you go to bed,
维尔德亨先生答应会陪着你们
but Mr. Wildhorn agreed to stay with you.
没事的 妈妈 我什么都能弄好
It’s okay, Mom. I can take care of everything.
是啊 妈妈 我们不用人帮忙
Yeah, Mom. We don’t need any help.
维柳能看我们
Willow can watch us.
我知道 这是以防万一
I know, this is just in case.
我不在的时候 我希望你们都听话
And I expect you to behave like ladies while I’m gone.
祝你好运
Oh, good luck.
别担心
Oh, don’t worry about us.
你去打你的仗吧
You go and fight your battles.
我们会保护家园
We’ll protect the homestead.
好的
Okay!
谁想玩大筹码扑克
Who’s up for some high-stakes poker?
五张定局 2和黑桃红桃勾是百搭牌
Five-card draw. Deuces and one-eyed jacks wild?
我玩
I’ll play.
你有多少钱
How much you got?
妈妈 妈妈 等等
Mom! Mom, wait!
爸爸会去吗
Is Dad gonna be there?
还是只有律师
Or is it just the lawyers?
爸爸会去
Dad will be there.
你能代我问他好吗
Will you say hello for me?
当然
Of course.
我爱你 妈妈
I love you, Mom.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
来呀 芙罗拉
Come on, Flora! Jump.
臂力不错嘛
That’s quite an arm you got there.
打过棒球吗
You ever play any ball?
我17岁时
When I was 17 years old,
投球时速90英里
I could throw a baseball 90 miles an hour.
胳膊很有劲
Had a real live arm.
拿到过圣路易斯红鸟队的合同
Got me a minor league contract for the St. Louis Cardinals.
我在孟斐斯的奇克索队
I played eight years with the Memphis Chickasaws
和波特兰海狸队打了8年
and the Portland Beavers.
双A级 三A级 [指棒球联赛等级]
Double A, Triple A.
两个赛季下来
Even worked my way up to the bigs
就快进更高等级了
at the end of a couple of seasons.
有一年夏天 我们连打两场
One summer day, we were playing a doubleheader.
我是开局投球手
I was pitching the opener.
第一个击球手走上场地
First batter steps into the box.
我去看接球手打的信♥号♥♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!