Carl! Carl, it’s shallow. Just stand up.
救命
Help me!
卡尔
Carl, it’s shallow.
水很浅
You’re not drowning.
差点没命了
That was close.
那是什么 菲妮
What is it, Finn?
午餐盒子 我在岛上找到的
It’s a lunchbox. I found it on the island.
里头有什么
What’s inside?
还没打开
I haven’t opened it yet.
干嘛不打开
Why not?
因为里头说不定没有好东西
Because there might not be anything good in it.
就算没有 我也可以想像里面有好东西
This way, I can think there’s something good even if there’s not.
你知道这想法多蠢吗
Do you know how stupid that sounds?
不蠢 就像蒙提说的 去看不存在的东西
No. It’s like what Monte says, seeing what’s not there.
我来打开 我想看看里面的东西
I’ll open it. I wanna see what is there.
说不定有钱呢
Maybe it’s money.
说不定有一只断手呢 小柳树
Might be a chopped off hand, Willow Tree.
别打开
Don’t open it!
看看这些东西
Wow… Look at all this stuff.
看 日记
Look, it’s a diary.
主人是夏洛特·雷利 初一
“Property of Charlotte Reilly, Seventh Grade.”
-那是谁 -是妈妈
– Who’s that? – That’s Mama!
也许我们想知道的
Probably everything we wanna know about her
关于她小时候的事都在里头
when she was a kid is in here.
有什么是我们想知道的
What do we wanna know about her?
也许应该还给她
We should probably give it back to her.
我认为她会想要
I think she’d want it back.
我们应该给她做三明治
We should make her a sandwich.
天气真好 维尔德亨先生
Lovely day, Mr. Wildhorn.
是的 正逐渐发展成相当可爱的一天
Yes, ma’am. It’s shaping up to be a considerably lovely day.
托尼的新故事吗
More Tony?
是的
Yes, ma’am.
芙罗拉肯定会非常高兴的
I’m sure Flora will be delighted,
今晚临睡前我读给她听
and I will read this to her tonight at bedtime.
很好
Good.
谢谢你
Thank you.
斑点 那位女士让我在马鞍上坐的更直
Spot, that lady has a way of making me sit taller in the saddle.
芙罗拉 看看维尔德亨先生给了我什么
Flora, look what Mr. Wildhorn gave me.
大象托尼吗
Tony the Elephant?
谁是大象托尼
Who’s Tony the Elephant?
芙罗拉生日维尔德亨先生给她写的故事
Mr. Wildhorn wrote a story for Flora’s birthday.
他做了什么
He did what?
妈妈 给我念托尼的故事
Read Tony, Mommy.
-让我看看 -不 咱们今晚再讲
– Let me see that! – No, no. We’ll read it tonight.
今天我要你们都出去
Today, I want all of you girls to go outside
呼吸新鲜空气
and play in the fresh air.
来 我们骑车进城
Come on. We can ride into town.
蒙提 蒙提
Monte! Monte!
蒙提 我叫你出来
Monte! I’m calling you out!
你为了一头大象放弃朱伯·麦克劳斯
You gave up Jubal McLaws for an elephant?
你跟我说朱伯救了你的命
You told me Jubal saved your life!
而你却背叛了他
Then you shoot him in the back!
等一等
Oh, now, hold on.
写大象的故事可不是背叛朱伯
I don’t call writing about an elephant shooting Jubal in the back.
朱伯已经很久不来看我
Jubal hasn’t come calling in years.
我不能写不存在的东西
I can’t write what’s not there.
你让我看不存在的东西
You tell me to see what’s not there.
你为什么不能写不存在的东西
Why can’t you write what’s not there?
你是个没用的醉鬼 大骗子
You’re a no-good drunk and a liar!
菲妮根
Finnegan!
他是个大混♥蛋♥ 维柳
He’s a damn bamboozler, Willow!
维尔德亨先生
Mr. Wild horn?
我妹妹相信你与众不同
My sister believes you’re something special.
你真的与众不同吗
Are you something special?
我从未想过
Can’t say that I ever thought of myself like that.
你最好是
Well, you’d better be.
不然 你就不配菲妮根
‘Cause otherwise, you don’t deserve Finnegan.
我真心希望你们能和好
I really hope you two make up,
因为 我不愿见你失去她那样一个朋友
because I’d hate to see you lose a friend like her.
走吧
Come on.
有时候 托尼不善于跟人谈话
“Sometimes, talking to people wasn’t easy for Tony.
所以他总是给老鼠太太写信
“So he kept writing letters to Mrs. Mouse,
让树蛙帮他准时传递
“faithfully delivered by the tree toad.
然后 一件奇妙的事发生了
“Then a really amazing elephant thing happened.
大象在紧张得说不出话时
“When elephants find they’re too nervous to speak,
就会跳舞
“they begin to dance.
托尼最爱华尔兹
“Tony loved to waltz.
连他自己都没有意识到
“And before he even realized it,
他已经跟老鼠太太
“he found himself waltzing with Mrs. Mouse
在温柔的月光下 跳起华尔兹了
under the warm moonlight.”
门开着
“‘8 Open!
你好 乔 知道你会来
Hello, Joe. Been expecting you.
你隔三差五的也该回个电♥话♥
You might want to return a phone call every once in a while,
尤其是你已经认识那么久的人
especially to someone you’ve known so long.
出版生意怎么样 乔
How’s the book business, Joe?
他们只看电子书
Nobody reads unless they can download.
谁还抱着书看
Why wouldn’t you want to hold a book?
你养狗了
You’ve got a dog!
这个夏天我要照看它
Yeah, I’m dog-sitting for the summer.
你好像不一样了
You seem different.
你不是…老样子了
You’re not, uh… yourself.
你是说 我没醉
Sober, you mean?
以前我也戒过
Well, I’ve stopped before.
恐怕以后还会再喝的
And I’ll probably start up again.
但现在 我用清醒的眼睛看东西
But right now, I’m seeing things with a clear eye.
坦白说 我喜欢我看到的
And quite frankly, I like the view.
有什么事吗 乔
What can I do for you, Joe?
我今天来改变你的人生
I’ve come here today to change your life.
你决定用资金干这个吗
You’ll collect your usual commission for that?
当然
I certainly do.
我带来卢克·富沃德
I brought Luke Ford with me.
他就等在外面
He’s waiting outside.
那个有名的卢克·富沃德吗
The Luke Ford?
那个有名的卢克·富沃德
The Luke Ford.
不介意我请他进来吧
You mind if I invite him in?
不请他就太无礼了
Be impolite not to.
我也这么想啊 卢克
That’s what I was thinking. Luke?
卢克 进来一起谈吧
Luke, why don’t you join us?
来见过伟大的蒙提·维尔德亨
Come meet the great Monte Wildhorn.
对不起就这么闯来了
Sorry, for just showing up like this,
可乔说只有这样才能见到你
but Joe said it was the only way I might get to meet you.
我是卢克·富沃德
I’m Luke Ford.
你当然是
You certainly are.
很荣幸认识你
I’m really pleased to make your acquaintance.
请坐
Have a seat.
我一直找你
Luke is the reason that I’ve been trying
就是因为卢克
to get a hold of you all summer.
我知道你需要空间 可他坚持想购买♥♥
I know you wanted your space, but he’s been rather insistent
朱伯·麦克劳斯的版权
on acquiring the rights to Jubal McLaws.
-是吗 -怎么样
– Is that right? – How about that, huh?
朱伯不出♥售♥
Well, Jubal’s not for sale.
别这样啊 听他说说
Oh, come on now. Hear him out.
他只想让你变成个有钱的混♥蛋♥
He is just trying to make you a rich son of a bitch.
我已经是个混♥蛋♥
I’m already a son of a bitch.
我不在乎是不是有钱 但我谢谢你帮我考虑
And I don’t care to be rich, but thanks for thinking of me.
这会给你一个全新的开始
This could be a real fresh start for you.
你就不用再照看狗了
Granted, you’ll have to take a sabbatical from the dog-sitting.
我爱照看狗
I like dog-sitting.
蒙提 我特别喜欢西部小说
Monte, I’m a huge fan of the old Westerns,
我相信这类题材还大有作为
and I’m convinced that there’s still some life left in the genre.
《朱伯·麦克劳斯历险记》是我读过的最好的西部小说