我觉得他可能会感兴趣,进行挖掘工作。
My phone number is 07… Oh, my god!
我的电♥话♥号♥码是07… 哦,我的上帝啊!
– Did you see that? – He’s fine.
-你没看见吗? -他会没事的。
Oh, my god, darling, are you ok?
哦,上帝,宝贝,你还好吗?
Please don’t take this the wrong way.
请不要错误理解我的意思。
No.
不会。
But even from my perspective,
即使从我的角度来看,
this is starting to look a bit like an unhealthy obsession?
这开始看起来有点像一种不健康的执念?
I can’t believe you just said that.
真不敢相信,连你也居然这么说。
I’m doing this for you.
我做这些,都是为了你。
Do you know what people say about you?
你知道人们是怎么说你的吗?
I’m sure it’s not particularly flattering.
我相信,这不是特别讨人喜欢。
Do you know who William Shakespeare is?
你知道威廉·莎士比亚是谁吗?
Ok, well, he was a very celebrated writer,
好吧,他是一个非常著名的作家,
and everyone thinks he’s amazing and he wrote a play about you.
所有人都认为他很了不起,他写了一个关于你的剧本。
And there’s this bit where you’re supposedly
其中还有一段是说你
– talking about yourself. – Go on.
-在谈论你自己。 -继续说下去。
“So lame and unfashionable
“我又跛又老旧,
that dogs bark at me as I halt by them.”
停在我身边的狗,都要冲我狂吠。”
You’re so weird, that you even freak out dogs.
你长得太离奇了,连狗都被你吓坏了。
That’s a bit harsh.
这是有点苛刻。
Thank you for your enquiry,
谢谢您的询价,
but this is not something we wish to pursue.
但这不是我们公♥司♥想做的事。
Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you.
很不幸,我们无法帮助您。
This is not the sort of project…
这不是那种项目…
Is this a joke? It’s getting rather annoying.
这是在开玩笑吗?越来越烦人了。
– The answer is no. – Sadly, no.
-回答是不行。-遗憾的是,不行。
Unfortunately, your application has been rejected.
不幸的是,你的申请被拒绝了。
Your enquiry was not appropriate.
你的询问不合适。
The answer is no.
回答是不行。
As you all know, I’ve been doing some research
你们都知道,我一直在研究寻找
into finding king Richard’s grave,
理查国王的坟墓,
with the intention of giving him a proper burial
想给他一个体面的葬礼
with a royal coat of arms on his tomb
在他的坟墓上刻上皇家盾徽
and restoring him to his rightful place in history.
让他在历史上,重新获得应有的地位。
And a “hey, nonny nonny” to you.
我们齐呼:“嘿,诺尼,诺尼”。
Well, for personal reasons,
嗯,由于个人原因,
I’m going to have to suspend my research indefinitely…
我将不得不,无限期地暂停我的研究…
This is a travesty! You can’t stop now!
这太滑稽了!你现在不能停!
– I won’t allow it! – Keith!
-我不允许! —基思!
If you don’t mind me saying,
如果你不介意我这么说,
perhaps the kindest thing is to set the girl free.
也许最好的办法,就是放了这姑娘。
Many a ricardian,
许多“挺理查派”,
and I’m certainly not looking at you, you personally,
我当然不是单指你,而你作为个人,
has wandered down that same path only to discover little more
也都曾在这条路上徘徊过,结果却发现自己的雄心
than the calcified remains of his own ambition.
只剩下了一点点僵化的残骸。
What’s happened, Philippa?
发生什么事了,菲莉帕?
I’ve been trying to generate interest
我一直在试图引起,潜在赞助商者
from possible sponsors,but I haven’t had any luck,
的兴趣,但一直没成功,
and I can’t get through to a guy called Richard Buckley,
而且我联♥系♥不到一个叫理查德·巴克利的人,
a Leicester archaeologist.
一位莱斯特的考古学家。
Philippa, I used to live next door
菲莉帕,我以前住在
to the lord mayor of Leicester.
莱斯特市长大人的隔壁。
The current lord mayor. We used to be neighbours.
他是现任市长。我们以前是邻居。
Well, anyway, my mind’s made up on this.
不管怎样,我已经决定了。
I could ask him if he’d help.
我可以问他是否愿意帮忙。
Dad, how heavy is 330 pounds?
爸爸,330磅有多重?
Hello! Is anyone in there?
你好!有人在里面吗?
About two of me.
差不多是我两倍的体重。
And that’s how heavy the Cannon balls are.
炮弹就是这么重。
And they could fire them two miles!
他们可以发射两英里远!
Imagine one of those landing on your foot.
想象一下其中一个落在你的脚上。
– Hey. – Hi, mum.
-嘿。 -嗨,妈妈。
– Hi. – Hey.
-嗨。 -嘿。
– Found him yet? – Very funny.
-找到他了吗? -很有趣。
So, how are you?
那你怎么办?
Psoriasis is back on my elbows.
我的肘部又得牛皮癣了。
Work’s a bit shit,
工作是有点糟糕,
but just trying to make the best of it, like everyone else.
但我想尽力做到最好,就像其他人一样。
Well, almost everyone else.
嗯,几乎所有人都这样。
I spoke to awusi, from work.
我在上班时,和Awusi说过了。
Hmm! And what did she have to say?
嗯!她说了什么?
I should know my place? Start baking cakes?
我应该知道我的位置吗? 她开始烤蛋糕了吗?
People do like cake.
人们确实喜欢蛋糕。
Hmm.
嗯。
John, I… I need to ask you to do something.
约翰,我…我得请你帮个忙。
No.
不行。
You don’t know what it is I’m gonna say.
你都不知道我会说什么。
Well, whatever it is, no.
不管是什么,都是不行。
I need you to let your flat go and move back in with us.
我需要你搬出你的公♥寓♥,搬回来和我们一起住。
– Are you serious? – Yes.
-你说真的吗? —是的。
I feel like I’m being cuckolded by a ghost.
我觉得我被鬼魂戴上了绿帽子。
John, I just… I really need to do this.
约翰,我只是…我真的需要这么做。
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉。
It’s colossal, isn’t it, dad?
这太大了,不是吗,爸爸?
It is.
它是的。
The thing about mons Meg is it soon became obsolete
关于芒斯蒙格大炮的问题是,它很快就过时了
because it was so heavy, they couldn’t move it anywhere.
因为它太重了,他们无法移♥动♥它。
So it wasn’t so much a colossal gun in the end
所以,与其说它是一把巨大的炮,
as a colossal waste of time.
不如说是一场巨大的时间浪费。
He was talking to you,
他是在对你说,
but really he was saying that to mum.
但实际上他是在对妈妈说。
Ok, boys, it’s nearly time for the one o’clock gun.
好了,孩子们,快到一点钟鸣炮的时间了。
– Shall we go? – Yeah.
-我们要去看看吗? -好的。
The grass is always greener
对你来说,草总是更绿,
– for you, Philippa, isn’t it? – Hurry up, raife.
-菲莉帕,不是吗? -快点,雷夫。
Other women seem perfectly happy with their lot.
其他女性似乎对自己的命运非常满意。
I don’t think they are.
我不这么认为。
Is, erm, is that the picture you were shown at school?
这是当年你们学校给你看的照片吗?
– That one? – Yes.
-这张? -是的。
The tudors doctored that painting.
都铎王朝篡改了那幅画。
Really?
真的?
It was x-rayed and proved that they retouched it
经过x光检查证明,是他们修的
to make him look evil. Look at the thumb.
让他看起来很邪恶。看看拇指。
It’s been sharpened into a claw. They narrowed his eyes
它被磨成了爪子。他们眯起了他的眼睛,
and made his lips thinner and meaner.
使他的嘴唇更薄,更刻薄。
That is what he really looked like.
那才是他真正的样子。
Normal eyes, normal mouth, normal thumb. See?
正常的眼睛,正常的嘴巴,正常的拇指。看到了吗?
Yes, but how can you possibly find him on your own?
是的,但你一个人怎么可能找到他?
And even if you do, what then?
就算你能找到,那又怎样?
You’re trying to make him perfect.
你想让他变得完美。
He wasn’t. None of us is.
他不会的。我们都不会的。
We always try to demonise people,
我们总是试图把人妖魔化,
or sanctify them. You know, we’re…
或者把人神圣化。你知道,我们…
You know, we’re all in the middle.
你知道,我们都在中间。
I mean, I’m sure Mother Teresa
我敢肯定,特蕾莎修女
left the top off the milk now and then.
偶尔会把牛奶瓶没盖紧。
And, er, I’ll bet that genghis Khan
而且,我敢打赌成吉思汗
occasionally picked up bits of litter.
偶尔也会捡一些垃圾。
Yeah. Human.
是的,他们也是凡夫俗子。
Not perfect and not a… Not a demon either.
虽不完美,但也不是…也不是恶魔啊。
You always do the same thing, Philippa.
你总是做同样的省戡菲莉帕。
You pretend to ask me something,
你假装在问我什么,
but the truth is, you just put a gun against my head.
但事实是,你刚刚拿枪顶着我的头,在逼我。
莱斯特大学 考古学中心
Hi. Er, Philippa Langley here to see mr Buckley, please.
你好。菲莉帕·兰利来见巴克利先生。
And which company are you from?
你是哪家公♥司♥的?
Oh, no. I’m not with a company, but he is expecting me.
哦,不。我不是什么公♥司♥的人,他在等我。
Cheers.
稍等。
Erm, actually, sorry. You don’t…
呃,实际上,对不起。你不会…
You don’t happen to have a knife, do you, at all?
你不会正好有一把餐刀吧,对吗?