Get back to your table.
(观众叹气)
(Onlookers gasp)
(德语)你将为此负责
Dafur werden Sie Rechenschaft geben.
(德语)- 你这个笨蛋,你! – 帮我,汉斯
– Sie Flegel, Sie! – Hilf mir, Hans.
(德语)卡佩尔迈斯特先生,继续演奏,演奏华尔兹
Herr Kapellmeister, spielen Sie. Spielen Sie einen Walzer.
– 请告诉他都是他的错,他挑起的 – 英格兰人
– Please tell him that it’s all his fault. He started it. – Englander!
(德语)拜托,先生们,没什么大事,请坐
Bitte, meine Herren, kein Skandal. Nehmen Sie lhre Platze.
(德语)丢人现眼!他们竟然在自己的餐厅里容忍♥英国猪
Eine Schande! Sie dulden englische Schweine in ihrem Lokal.
(德语)- 我们什么都没做 – 我们与你无关!
– Wir haben gar nichts gemacht. – lhnen haben wir nichts zu tun!
礼貌
Manners!
我说英语,你有大♥麻♥烦了
Ich spreche Englisch. You will get into great trouble.
你现在不是在英国
You are not now in England.
– 你看到了,是他挑衅我的 – 他说什么?
– You saw very well that he asked for it. – Was sagt er?
考尼茨先生是我们的朋友,你要对此负责
Herr Kaunitz is a friend of ours. You will satisfaction give.
别大叫了,你不明白
Please stop shouting. You don’t understand.
这位先生和考尼茨先生是老朋友
This gentleman and Herr Kaunitz are old friends.
(德语)她在说什么? – 她说考尼茨和他是老朋友了!
Was sagt sie? – Sie sagt, Kaunitz und ich sind alte Freunde!
说他是我的老朋友,有点扯远了
It’s going a bit far to call that skunk a friend of mine.
(德语)考尼茨先生是泛德协会的成员!
Herr Kaunitz is a member of der Alldeutsche Verband!
你们应该感到羞耻
The Alldeutsche Verband ought to be ashamed of itself.
(德语)他说什么?
Was sagt er?
(德语)他说泛德协会应该感到羞耻
Er sagt, der Alldeutsche Verband soll was schamt.
(人群喧闹)
(Crowd gasps)
(德语)陛下,德意志帝国♥军♥队的军官是泛德协会的成员
Mein Herr, officers of the lmperial German Army are members of das Alldeutsche Verband.
然后是皇家德国♥军♥队的军官
Then the officers of the lmperial German Army
也应该为自己感到羞耻
ought to be ashamed of themselves, too.
(德语)女士们,先生们
Meine Damen und Herren,
(德语)他说皇帝的军官应该感到羞耻
er hat gesagt, die Offiziere der Armee des Kaisers sollen sich schamen.
(人群喧闹)
(Crowd gasps)
(德语)请稍等
Ein Augenblick, bitte.
(德语)别客气
Bitte sehr.
(德语)- 瑞特,舍伯恩 – 菲茨罗伊
– Von Ritter. Von Schonborn. – Er, Fitzroy.
(德语)您好
Guten Tag.
(德语)- 我们可以和你说德语吗? – 当然,你想要什么?
– Konnen wir mit lhnen Deutsch sprechen? – Naturlich. Was wunschen Sie?
在英国境内,我们不应该讲英语吗?
Being on British territory, shouldn’t we speak in English?
对,我能帮到你什么?
Righto. How can I help you gentlemen?
– 不坐下吗? – 谢谢
– Won’t you sit down? – Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我需要你们在柏林的一个同胞的相关资料,一位叫肯迪的先生
We wish some information about a compatriot of yours in Berlin, a certain Mr Candy.
– 克莱夫·肯迪? – 是,克莱夫·肯迪
– Clive Candy? – Yes, Clive Candy.
你找对人了,我们曾一起在哈罗呆过
You’ve come to the right man. We were at Harrow together.
战争后失去了联♥系♥,他是军人
We’ve lost touch a bit since the war. He’s Army, you know.
– 英军军官? – 刚从南非回来
– An officer of the British Army? – Just returned from South Africa.
哦,真是好消息
Oh, this is excellent news.
(德语)- 一名军官 – 令人吃惊!
– Ein Offizier. – Grobartig!
你解决了我们的大疑惑
You have relieved us from great doubts.
我们还担心他不能赔偿
We were worried he might not be able to give satisfaction.
赔偿?
Satisfaction?
一个皇家德国♥军♥队的军官是不能
An officer of the lmperial German Army cannot demand satisfaction from an opponent
向不同职位,不同荣誉的对手索赔的
who is not his equal in position and honour.
既然这个克莱夫是个军官
Since this Clive Candy is an officer,
– 他将接受挑战 – 什么挑战?
– he can be challenged. – Challenged to what?
– 决斗,菲茨罗伊先生 – 决斗?!
– To a duel, Mr Fitzroy. – Duel?!
快去凯撒和甫酒店,带克莱夫·肯迪来这里
Hurry to the Kaiserhof. Bring Mr Clive Candy here at once.
找不到他别回来
Don’t come back without him.
我叫你快点,别吵,马上去
I told you to hurry, Venning! Don’t argue. Go at once!
肯迪先生侮辱了整个德国♥军♥队
Mr Candy has insulted the whole of the German Army.
我没有,我只是说,如果他们是和考尼茨一伙的
I didn’t, sir. I only said if the officers belonged to the Alldeutscher Verband with Kaunitz…
那德国♥军♥队就应该感到羞耻,你就是这么说的
then the German Army ought to be ashamed of itself. That’s what you said.
– 82枪骑士的军官想挑战你 – 肯迪先生都跟我说了
– 82 Ulan officers want to challenge you. – Mr Candy’s told me the whole story.
你提到的女孩是否可信?
By the way, that girl you mentioned, is she trustworthy?
哦,毫无疑问,长官
Oh, undoubtedly, sir.
肯迪不用和整个军团打吧?
It’s not suggested Mr Candy should fight the whole officer corps?
他们抽签决定谁与这位先生决斗
They’re drawing lots to decide who is to fight this gentleman…who has not insulted anybody.
你有什么建议吗?上校
Have you any suggestions, Colonel?
军事上说,肯迪没有选择
Militarily speaking, Mr Candy has no option.
如果不能决斗,就得滚蛋
If he cannot fight a duel, he must run away.
政♥治♥上说,此举损失惨重,肯迪先生必须应战
Politically speaking, such an action would be disastrous. Mr Candy must fight.
等等,你们没有考虑肯迪先生
One moment. Surely you’re leaving Mr Candy out of your calculations.
– 如果必要,那我应战 – 好的,我知道
– I’ll fight if necessary, sir. – Yes, my dear boy. I know that.
– 你最好回酒店呆着 – 是
– You’d better go to your hotel and stay there. – Yes, sir.
你可不可以联♥系♥上,呃…
Could you get in touch with Miss er…
亨特小姐?我想可以
Miss Hunter, sir? I believe I could.
让她说,你来柏林的目的是看她
Tell her to give the impression that your reasons for coming to Berlin were to see her.
– 你与她相爱什么的 – 但我不是
– You’re in love with her or something of the sort. – But I’m not.
肯迪先生,你惹的麻烦已经够多了,照做吧
Mr Candy, you’ve caused enough trouble already. Do what I ask.
同时,我们会商议怎样帮你解决问题
Meanwhile, I and these gentlemen will discuss the best way to get you out of this.
还有我们
And us.
好的,你是
Well, you are a…
能给我个法典吗?
May I have the Codex?
谢谢
Thank you.
这就是我们著名的棕色法典,古德黑德上校
This is our famous Brown Codex, Colonel Goodhead.
所有决斗,都得遵守的法则
The code of honour observed by all duellists.
我想你对它并不熟悉
We thought you might not be familiar with it.
谢谢,我会认真看的
Thank you. I shall study it with attention.
我可以提供给决斗双方
We have permission to offer for the site of the duel
我们团营里的体育馆
the gymnasium at the barracks of our regiment.
同意
We agree.
现在该宣布,出战肯迪中尉的人选了
We are now in the position to announce who will fight Lieutenant Candy.
西奥多·克雷奇马尔·舒尔多夫中尉
Oberleutnant Theodor Kretschmar-Schuldorff.
– 我能了解一下吗? – 可以
– May I make a note of that? – With pleasure.
– 他的卡片 – 谢谢
– His card. – Thank you.
你们有没有关于决斗裁判人选的建议?
Have you any suggestions regarding choice of leader for the duel?
我建议驻瑞典武官
We suggest the military attache to the Swedish legation.
非常好
Ausgezeichnet.
我们同意,他的名字是?
We agree. His name is…?
– 鲍格上校 – 鲍格上校
– Colonel Borg. – Colonel Borg.
至于马刀,我们当然要提供很多选择
Regarding sabres, we shall, of course, supply a number to choose from.
– 同样得有号♥码 – 当然,上校
– We shall supply a number, as well. – Certainly, Colonel.
马刀要经过仔细检查
The choice of sabres will be determined by lot.
当然,马刀不能超过六百克
You know, of course, that sabres must not exceed the maximum weight of 60 decagrams?
– 六百克 – 我们要记住这点
– 60 decagrams. – We shall make a note of it.
– 各自带自己的医生 – 同意
– Bring your own doctor. We shall bring ours. – We agree.
你们喜欢不♥穿♥上衣,还是穿上衣?
Do you prefer to strip the upper parts of the bodies of the combatants,
– 穿衬衣? – 衬衣
– or do you prefer shirtsleeves? – Shirtsleeves.
133段说,“决斗前几小时
I see here that paragraph 133 says, “A few hours previous to the duel
建议先洗个澡”
it is advisable to take a bath.”
只是主角,不是其他人!
Only the principals, not the seconds!
两个从没见过面的人准备决斗,很奇怪
It’s very strange to be preparing a duel between two people who’ve never even seen each other.
有时候是这样的
It happens sometimes.
结婚有时候也是这样,对吧?
Marriages also, you know?
你的人打过决斗吗?
Has your man ever fought a duel?
没有,你呢?
No. Has yours?
仅仅在我们之间,西奥不完全同意决斗
Strictly between ourselves, Theo doesn’t really approve of duels.
那么,先生们
Then, gentlemen,
这次决斗真的有必要吗?
is this fight really necessary?
军人一生中经常要不顾自己感受
Sir, there are moments in a soldier’s life when his personal feelings do not count.
克雷奇马尔·舒尔多夫中尉清楚他的使命所在
Oberleutnant Kretschmar-Schuldorff knows his duties very well.
– 关于时间,我们没有一致意见 – 早上七点同意吗?
– We have not agreed upon the time. – Will seven in the morning be agreeable to you?
– 早点结束 – 同意
– Get it over early. – I agree.
– 七点钟 – 建议提前半小时到
– Seven o’clock. – lt’d be advisable to meet half an hour earlier.
六点半,在第二骑士团营的体育馆
At 6:30am in the gymnasium of the barracks of the 2nd Ulans.
哈,我们的人来了
Ah, here comes our man.
– 早上好,睡得好吗? – 很好
– Morning. Slept well? – Very.
– 我找他时,他还在睡觉 – 他们忘了叫醒我
– He was still sleeping when I called. – They forgot to wake me.
– 你的胆量不错 – 科罗斯医生,肯迪先生
– Your nerves are all right. – Dr Crowther. Mr Candy.
– 你好 – 你好
– How do you do? – How do you do? Oh.
为什么不准我吃早餐?
Why wasn’t I allowed any breakfast?
– 因为规则上说没有 – 应该有
– Because the book says not. – It would.
啊,可以
Ah, you’ll do.
– 要这个吗? – 我想你看过了