我们赢了
and we won.
清白战斗,正直用兵胜利了
Clean fighting, honest soldiering have won.
上帝保佑你
God bless you,
– 默多克 – 先生
– Murdoch. – Sir.
(寂静)
(Silence)
(鸟叫声)
(Birdsong)
停顿了四年之后,第一匹白锦缎从克里斯托弗·韦恩著名的工厂下线
锦缎是专为韦恩夫妇的独女,芭芭拉·韦恩小姐的嫁衣制♥作♥的
芭芭拉小姐
Miss Barbara!
午饭准备好了
Lunch is ready!
芭芭拉
Barbara!
(狗叫声)
(Dog barks)
– 哦,亲爱的 – 别听他们的
– Oh, dear. – Don’t listen to them.
现在,你听我的
Now, you listen to me.
我当时,睡着了
There I was, asleep.
你从没见过我
You’d never seen me before.
甚至从没跟我说过话
You never even spoke to me then.
你怎么能那么肯定呢?
How could you be so sure?
我能先问你一个问题吗?
Can I ask you a question first?
你在蠕动了
You’re wriggling.
好的,问吧
All right. Fire away.
你怎能那么肯定呢?
How can you be so sure?
我比你大20岁,是个军人
I’m 20 years older than you are, and I’m a soldier.
别人感谢上帝战争结束了的时候
When other people are thanking God the war is over,
我去军事办公室问,“能用得着我的下一场战争在哪里”?
I’m going to the War Office to ask, “Where is another war where you can use me? ”
你以前问过我,我告诉过你
You asked me that once before, and I told you.
我再问你,因为我想再听一次
I’m asking you again, because I want to hear it again.
又一次
And again.
我与你结婚,是因为我想加入军队,看看世界
I’m marrying you because I want to join the Army and see the world.
我与你结婚,是因为我喜欢看你打马球
I’m marrying you because I love watching you play polo.
我与你结婚,是因为有五十个不同的理由
I’m marrying you for 50 different reasons,
它们都显示我对未来丈夫的憧憬
and they all mean that’s how I imagined my future husband.
这里也一样
Same here.
那也是我对未来夫人的憧憬
That’s how I imagined my future wife.
(铜锣声)
(Gong)
哦,铜锣声是最后的召集
Oh, the gong’s the final appeal.
亲爱的,我们得走了,我们约了主教吃饭
Darling, we must go. We’ve got the bishop for lunch.
希望他是慈爱的
I hope he’s tender.
现在
And now,
最后,我
in conclusion, l…
我要对肯迪将军说几句
Oh, yes. I should like to say a few words to General Candy.
我们战争教堂的成员们
We members ofthe Church Militant
可以羡慕战争的英雄,但我们内心向往和平
can admire the heroes of the war, but in our hearts we are men of peace.
我很高兴第一次见到你
And so I am glad to have met you for the first time, as I did, sir,
在一个简单、感人的场合胜于一个军事仪式
on a simple and heart-warming occasion, rather than at some military ceremonial.
但我第一次听到一个英国步兵将军
When I first heard that a general of the British Army
为了西莱汀的护士们的利益而组织一个舞会
was arranging a ball for the benefit of those nurses of the West Riding
她们参与四年奋战,我对自己说
who had taken part in the four-year struggle, I said to myself,
有一个人,他的心在正确的位置
‘There is a man whose heart is in the right place. ‘
很高兴告诉你们,一个结局是
And I am glad to be able to tell you that one result is
131镑26便士
that the sum of one hundred and thirty-one pounds, two and sixpence
将会捐给战争护士慈善基金
will be handed over to the War Nurses’ Benevolent Fund.
我的主教,我要忏悔
My Lord Bishop, I want to make a confession.
战争的最后一晚,我在佛兰德斯,第一次见到了芭芭拉
I first saw Barbara in Flanders on the last night of the war.
她在其他70位护士中间,我不知道她的名字
She was a nurse among 70 other nurses. I never knew her name,
但我发现大多数护士来自约克郡西莱汀
but I found out that most of the nurses came from Yorkshire, and the West Riding.
当然,她是个护士
And, of course, she was a nurse.
因此,我自己想
So, I thought to myself…
约克郡是个大地方
Well, Yorkshire’s a big place,
我的主教
my Lord Bishop.
因此,我想
So, I thought,
我怎么能在约克郡找到一个护士呢?
‘How can I find a nurse in Yorkshire? ‘
你明白我在说谁
You understand who I’m driving at,
我想我的意思是什么?
I suppose? What I mean?
我清楚明白你的意思
I understand exactly what you mean, darling.
– 那个窗户就是私房♥ – 错,隔壁那个才是
– That window is the den. – Wrong. Next floor’s the den.
那是浴室
That’s the bathroom.
哦,看
Ooh, look.
他们到了
They’re here.
那个白头发的是默多克吗?
Is yon grey head Murdoch?
我想是他迎接英雄的主意
His idea of greeting the conquering hero, I suppose.
我想我应该喜欢默多克,也喜欢这座房♥子
I think I shall like Murdoch. And I know I shall like this house.
克莱夫,我们把这整座房♥子做我们的私房♥吧
Clive, let this whole house be our den, where we can always crawl,
无论风风雨雨,我们都可以安居
whether we return with rich spoils, or badly mauled from our rovings,
或者只是为了换换地方
or just to change our spots.
玛格丽特姨妈会因此喜欢你的
Aunt Margaret would have loved you for that.
(喇叭声)
(Horn toots)
很好,坚固的财产,就像你
Hmm. It’s a fine, solid-looking property. Like you.
克莱夫,你不会变的,是吗?
Clive, you won’t change, will you?
永远不要离开这座房♥子
And don’t ever leave this house.
不用怕,天塌下来,这座房♥子也顶得住
No fear! And even if there’s a second Flood, this house shall always stand on solid foundations.
– 在下面要有个私家湖 – 那是个承诺
– We’ll have a private lake in the basement. – That’s a promise.
– 你将留在原处,直到洪水到来 – 直到洪水到来
– You’ll stay just as you are till the floods come. – Till the floods come.
– 这是个湖 – 这是个湖
– And this is a lake. – And this is a lake.
对不起,夫人
I’m sorry, ma’am. Mrs Candy.
我在上面,没想到你们这么早就到了
I was at the top of the house. I wasn’t expecting you so early.
– 默多夫,这是夫人 – 那,你是默多克
– Well, Murdoch, this is the wife. – So, you’re Murdoch.
– 是的,夫人 – 第一次我只听到“是的,先生”
– Yes, madam. – The first time I’ve heard anything but “Yes, sir”.
一切准备好了,电♥话♥我装好了
Everything is under control. I’ve had the telephone installed.
– 好的 – 这里有很多厨师
– Good. – The agency has a lot of cooks for you…
来吧,我们进去
Come along. Let’s get inside.
快点
(Whistles) Come on.
这东西我们可以玩得很开心
We’ll have some fun with this.
商人们打过电♥话♥来,还会再打来
The tradespeople called. They’ll call again.
好了,这次不住了,今晚走
That’s all right. Not staying this time. Off tonight.
巴黎八周,然后离开
Eight weeks Paris. Then we’ll put our feet up,
– 并开个大聚会 – 是的,我从俱乐部拿到你的信了
– and have a big party. – Yes, sir. I got your letters from the club, sir.
– 它们在小碟子上 – 好
– They’re on the wee tray. – Ah.
很对不起,默多克,麻烦你了
I’m so sorry, Murdoch. You took such a lot of trouble.
哦,没关系夫人,我们习惯了
Oh, that’s all right, ma’am. We’re used to it.
我告诉门房♥说,将军不会常用俱乐部了
I told the porter the General wouldn’t be using the club so much.
他怎么说?
Oh, what did he say?
继续,我经受得住
Well, go on, Murdoch. I can bear it.
他说他们开始时,都是这么说
Yes, ma’am. He said, “They all say that at first,” ma’am.
芭芭拉?这是战俘委员会来的答复
I say! Barbara? Here’s an answer from the Prisoners ofWar Committee.
– 他们找到他了吗? – 是的,克雷奇马尔·舒尔多夫上校
– Oh, have they found him? – Yes, Oberst Kretschmar-Schuldorff,
枪骑兵警卫第二团
2nd Regiment, Ulans of the Guard.
德贝郡,哈迪克府,第七营
Camp VII, Hardwick Hall, Derbyshire.
可怜的老西奥
Poor old Theo.
– 亲爱的? – 嗯?
– Darling? – Mm-hm.
我们推迟去巴黎
Let’s postpone Paris.
我要见他
I’d love to meet him.
(未完的舒伯特交响曲)
SCHUBERT: Unfinished Symphony
信,司令官办公室来的
Message, sir, from the commandant’s office.
没有答复
No answer.
对不起,先生
(Whispers) Excuse me, sir, but…
没有答复
No answer!
– 怎样? – 他说没有答复
– Well? – He said no answer, sir.
– 没答复?还有什么? – 没有
– No answer? What else? – Nothing, sir.
– 他拒绝过来? – 如果那是他的答复,夫人
– He refused to come? – If that was the message, madam.
亲爱的西奥,我在司令官办公室,我想见你,非常,克莱恩肯迪
为什么“非常”二字
Why is “very much”
要写成那样?
printed like that?
这是我们的玩笑
It was a joke we had.
– 他在哪里? – 听乐队演奏
– Where was the Oberst? – Listening to the band, sir.
好了,希金斯
All right, Higgins.
我在想
I was thinking…
他们有多奇怪
..how odd they are.
多特殊
Queer.
他们年复一年地,写着梦想着美妙的音乐和诗篇
For years and years, they’re writing and dreaming beautiful music and beautiful poetry.
突然间,他们挑起了战争
All of a sudden they start a war.
击沉毫无防备的船只

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!