嗯 咖啡厅?
Er…a cafe?
不是,是女修道院,在去埃米李阪尼路上
No, sir. It’s a convent. It’s on the way to Ami-le-Bon.
告诉我怎么走,好吗?
Show me the way, will you?
我想我听到阿姆斯特朗带着浴缸来了
I think I hear Armstrong coming with a bathtub now.
阿姆斯特朗,我想让你带将军去米李阪尼
Armstrong, I want you to take the General here over to the Crown of Thorns.
好的,长官,好的,将军,使命必达
Yes, sir. Yes, sir, General. I sure will do that.
有点潮湿,但我会带到
It’s kinda damp, but I’ll get you there.
– 去吧 – 很遗憾,今晚没有火车
– You’re off. – Poor show I couldn’t get a train tonight.
我已经浪费了休假的24小时
I’ve wasted 24 hours of my leave.
可以出发了,阿姆斯特朗,将军很急
You can step on it, Armstrong. The General’s in a hurry.
一定照办
I sure will do that.
一路顺风,将军
Well, goodbye, General.
他谈的其他战斗是什么,上尉?
What were those other wars he was talking about, Captain?
布尔战斗和索马里兰什么的?我从没听过
The Boer War and the Somi-something? I never heard of them.
那些不是战斗,只是夏季演习
Those weren’t wars. Those were just summer manoeuvres.
我们到了,将军,荆棘冠修道院
Here we are, General. The Convent of the Crown of Thorns.
– 让我帮帮你 – 我能行,谢谢
– Let me give you a hand. – I can manage. Thank you.
(钟声)
(Bell clangs)
(法语)谁在那里? – 晚上好,杰奎琳修女
Qui est la? – Bonsoir, Sister Jacqueline.
(法语)你好拿破仑 – 我给你带来了一个真正的上校
Bonsoir, Napoleon. – I’ve brought you a real live colonel.
(法语)- 我是一名英国将军 – 但是进来吧,将军
– Je suis un general anglais. – Mais entrez donc, mon general.
晚安,将军,祝好胃口,晚安,杰奎琳修女
Good night, General. Bon appetit. Good night, Sister Jacqueline.
(法语)晚安,拿破仑
Bonne nuit, Napoleon.
(法语)你想要什么,将军?
Que desirez-vous, mon general?
(法语)谢谢,夫人,美国人…
Merci, madame. Les Americains…
(法语)我是…
Moi… Je suis…
(法语)我吃过了…
J’ai… Manger…
(法语)将军先生吃了有害身体的东西?
Monsieur le General a mange quelque chose qui lui aurait fait mal?
(法语)- 是的,吃了 – 来吧,将军
– Oui. Manger. – Mais venez donc, mon general.
(法语)来吧,将军,我们很快就会让你好起来的
Venez, mon general. On vous guerira bien vite.
(法语)嬷嬷,有一个英国将军来了
Ma mere, il y a un general anglais qui vient d’arriver.
(法语)我和你一起去,我的小宝贝
Je viens avec toi, mon petit.
(法语)将军生病了
Le general est malade.
– 晚上好,女士 – 晚上好,将军
– Bonsoir, madame. – Good evening, General.
啊,护士长,看在上帝的份上,叫她们坐下
Ah, Matron. For heaven’s sake, tell your girls to sit down.
(法语)- 坐下,护士,坐下 – 我们必须把那些湿了的东西拿掉
– Sit down, nurses. Sit down. – ll faut enlever ces choses mouillees.
你的大衣,将军,你湿透了
And your coat. General, you have fallen on your feet.
我开始觉得了
I was beginning to think so.
62位直接从英国来的训练有素的护士,要被护理工作忙死了
I have 62 freshly trained nurses straight from England, and all dying to nurse someone.
– 有什么麻烦? – 麻烦?护士长?
– Now, what’s the trouble? – Trouble, Matron?
护士说你吃错了什么东西
Well, the nun said you’d eaten something.
她弄错了,我是想吃东西
She got it wrong. I want to eat.
– 我很饿 – 哦!
– I’m hungry. – Oh!
(法语)他是说想吃东西!
C’est qu’il veut manger!
(笑声)
(Laughs)
(法语)欢迎,将军
Soyez le bienvenu, General.
(法语)- 谢谢,嬷嬷 – 他会和我们在一起
– Merci, ma mere. – ll va rester avec nous.
(法语)好的,嬷嬷
C’est bien, ma mere.
好了,安置好了,我们很高兴和你在一起
Well, that’s settled. We shall be delighted to have you with us.
谢谢
Thank you.
你一直在前线吗?我想是的
You’ve been in the front line? I suppose you have.
我和意大利人一起,很幸运,从卡陂特来一点事都没有
I was with the ltalians. I was lucky. I came through Caporetto without a scratch.
太好了,护士长,你用什么杀虫粉?
Good heavens, Matron. What insect powder do you use?
(笑声)
(Laughs)
过来这边坐好吗,将军?
Come and sit over here, General, will you?
往那边挪一下,亲爱的,请给我一个盘子
Move along a bit, my dear. Une assiette, s’il vous plait.
倒点水过来,好吗?
Could you pass the water?
我们吃通心粉
We have macaroni.
– 很好 – 谢谢,护士
– Splendid. – Thank you, Nurse.
护士长,你见过意大利人的绳子戏法吗?
Matron, have you ever seen the lndian rope trick?
没有,将军你有吗?那一定难以置信
No, General. Have you? It must be an incredible sight.
除了有人说要去看以外,我从来没听说过有人看过
Yes, but I’ve never heard of anybody who’s seen it, unless he heard he was going to see it
请原谅,我不是很明白
I beg your pardon. I don’t quite understand.
你听说过什么?想去看那就去看吧
You hear about a thing, you hope to see it, and then you see it.
是的,将军,对不起
Yes, General. Will you excuse me?
等等,护士长,你认识那边那个女孩吗?
One moment, Matron. Do you know that girl over there?
恐怕不认识,我只在火车站见过他们
I’m afraid I don’t. I only met them here at the station.
过来,护士们,你们都过来
Come along, nurses. Bed, everyone. Bed, everybody. Come along.
来吧,韦恩
Come on, Wynne.
(法语)- 护士长在哪里? – 谁?护士长?
– Ou est le matron? – Qui? La matrone?
(法语)- 是的 – 你想再和她说话吗?
– Oui. – Vous desirez lui parler encore?
(法语)- 是的,快 – 稍等,我去找她
– Oui, parler quick. – Restez. Je m’en vais la chercher.
护士,你知道坐在那张桌子尽头的女孩叫什么吗?
Nurse, do you know the name of the girl sitting at the end of that table?
– 黄头发还是金黄头发的? – 金黄头发的
– Dark or fair? – Fair.
哦,我不记得,能详细描述一下吗?
Oh, I don’t remember. Can you describe her better?
她头发金黄,没看到她眼睛的颜色,苗条的
Well, she was fair. I didn’t see the colour of her eyes. Slim.
个个人都差不多这样,失陪,将军
Sorry. Well, it might be anyone. Excuse me, General.
你从那里来?在哪个分队?
Where do you come from? What detachment are you?
约克郡西莱汀,晚安将军
Yorkshire. West Riding, most of us. Good night, General.
晚安
Good night.
– 要多久? – 不用多久
-How long now? – Not long now, sir.
– 你说了十次了 – 我知道
– You’ve said that ten separate times. – I know, sir.
– 快点,火车十点半开 – 我知道
– Well, hurry. The train leaves at 10:30. – I know, sir.
– 在埃米李阪尼,需要时间,得去总司令部 – 我知道
– I need time at Ami-le-Bon. I’m going to GHQ. – I know, sir.
别说得像个阴险的鹦鹉,默多克,你怎么知道?
Stop talking like an infernal parrot, Murdoch. How do you know?
– 有人告诉我了 – 谁?
– I was told, sir. – Who told you?
– 范吉尔的通讯员 – 他说什么了?
– Major van Zijl’s batman, sir. – What did he say?
因为少校从德国兵那里得到情报,你还悬而未决
That you were up in the air because the Major got information from the Jerries – the prisoners.
你的误传,默多克,很典型
Your misinformation, Murdoch, is typical.
– 谢谢 – 四页纸的供词
– Thank you, sir. – Four pages of confessions
不值…克雷奇马尔·舒尔多夫
not worth… Kretschmar-Schuldorrf?
不可能有两个人用那样的名字,嗯,默多克?
There can’t be two of them with a name like that, eh, Murdoch?
– 不可能 – 你不知道我在说什么
– No, sir. – You don’t know what on earth I’m talking about.
不知道
No, sir.
我有没有告诉你,我1902年在柏林的事?
Haven’t I told you about the time I was in Berlin in 1902?
你留胡子的时候?
When you grew your moustache, sir?
你还是不能记住克雷奇马尔·舒尔多夫这个名字
And yet you can’t remember the name Kretschmar-Schuldorff.
你应该把你的大脑留给
You ought to bequeath that brain of yours
– 盖伊医院 – 记起来了,他和那女孩结婚了
– to Guy’s Hospital. – Oh, I remember now, sir. He married the girl.
是的
Yes.
他和那女孩结婚了
He married the girl.
昨晚,默多克,我见到一个女孩
Last night, Murdoch, I saw a girl,
一个护士直接从英国来
a nurse, straight from England.
我从来没见过更相像的人了
I’ve never seen a more striking resemblance.
她肯定是个很普通的女孩,我是说柏林的女孩
She must have been a very common type of girl, sir. The young lady in Berlin, I mean.
她是最不普通的,你究竟是什么意思,默多克?
She was the most uncommon… What the devil do you mean, Murdoch?
好了,电影里有那女孩记得吗?你看过九次了
Well, sir, there was that girl in the film. You remember? You went nine times.
那个在围观人群外的女孩
And that girl in the group out of the Bystander.
我们在拥挤中跟丢了她,不是吗?然后有
We lost it in the big push, didn’t we? And then there’s…
派遣骑手到了
Despatch rider coming, sir.
– 肯迪将军?- 是的
– General Candy? – Yes.
范吉尔少校的紧急消息电传来的
Urgent message from Major van Zijl, sir. Came over the wire from Mile 14.
他们修好线路了
They’ve mended the line, sir.
有回复吗?
Any answer, sir?
没有,没有回复
No. No answer.
有问题吗?
Anything wrong, sir?
默多克
Murdoch,
战争结束了
the war is over.
真的?
Is it, sir?
德国人接受了休战条款
The Germans have accepted the terms of the armistice.
敌对状态十点解除,现在差不多了
Hostilities cease at ten o’clock, and it’s nearly that now.
默多克,你知道这意味着什么吗?
Murdoch, do you know what this means?
我知道
I do, sir.
和平
Peace.
我们可以回家了
We can go home.
每个人都可以回家
Everybody can go home.
对于我来说那还另有意义
For me, Murdoch, it means more than that.
它意味着正义是就权力
It means that right is might, after all.
德国人炮轰了医院,轰炸了开放城镇
The Germans have shelled hospitals, bombed open towns,
继承中立国的船只,使用毒气
sunk neutral ships, used poison gas…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!