我们的路,在那我能闻到工兵埋的那两匹马
Yes, sir. Yon’s our road, sir. I can smell the two horses those sappers didnae bury.
– 快走 – 快走
– Hark away, then. – Hark away, sir.
(炮声)
(Shellfire)
很高兴见到你 我有另一把伞给你
Glad to see you, sir. I’ve got another umbrella for you.
你真会捡战利品,范吉尔
You’ve a marvellous eye for loot, van Zijl.
– 布尔战争时从英国人那学的 – 哪里弄的?
– Learnt from the English in the Boer War, sir. – Where did you get them?
德国兵那里,一小时前十一个人送过来
Off the Jerries. 11of them brought in an hour ago.
上帝才知道他们从哪偷的 他们用来做伪装
Lord knows where they stole them. They were using them for camouflage
骗过飞机
against aircraft.
(留声机放音乐)
Music playing on gramophone
– 晚上好 – 晚上好
– Good evening. – Good evening, sir.
晚上好
Evening, sir.
能接到铁路运输管理军官吗?
Can we get through to the RTO at Dupuis-sur-Something?
迪皮斯克罗伊科斯,美国人在那里行吗? 佩迪?
Dupuis-sur-Croix. The Yanks are down there. How about it, Paddy?
恐怕十四公里外线断了,可以叫人去
I’m afraid the line’s down between us and Mile 14, sir. I can send a runner.
– 什么消息?- 叫他在休假列车隐蔽起来
– What message, sir? – Tell him to hold a place on the leave train.
– 我什么时候可以离开? – 天黑后
– When can I leave here? – Not before dark.
他们正用榴散弹封锁1-7和1-9之间路段
They’re plastering the road between 1-7 and 1-9 with shrapnel.
– 好,给人照看默多克 – 诺比
– Right. Someone look after Murdoch. – Nobby.
– 很好 – 小心漏水
– Very good, sir. – Mind the leak, sir.
– 弗雷迪,叫信使去 – 是,长官
– Freddie, get that runner away. – Yes, sir.
如果有重要的信件或通知,我可以带回去
If any of you have any important letters or messages home, I’ll take them.
– 谢谢 – 佩迪?
– Thank you, sir. – Paddy?
等一下,我要再见俘虏
Just now I’ll see the prisoners again.
好的
All right, sir.
什么俘虏?
What are these prisoners?
枪骑兵第二团
Ulans. 2nd Regiment.
– 目前只知道这么多 – 我要审问他们
– That’s all I’ve got out of them so far. – I’d like to question them.
– 当然 – 佩迪?
– Certainly, sir. – Paddy?
枪骑兵第二团
The 2nd Regiment of Ulans.
– 长官? – 带进来
– Sir? – Bring in the prisoners,
– 叫勤务兵开灯 – 其中有军官吗?
– and tell the orderly to light the lamp. – Any officer with them?
– 没那么幸运 – 在哪里抓到的?
– Not so lucky. – Where did you nab them?
今早顺河漂下来
Floating down the river early this morning.
我拦了条横杆,像鲑鱼一样抓住他们
I had a boom across, and netted them like salmon.
他们带了100磅炸♥药♥
They had 100lb of dynamite with them.
我猜他们的目标是,圣曼吉下游的新浮桥
My guess is they were after the new pontoon bridge below St Mangy.
他们怎么知道?
How the devil did they get to know about that?
他们前天抓了我们一个巡逻兵
They took one of our patrols prisoner the day before yesterday.
你认为是我们的人供出来的?
Are you suggesting that our fellows talked?
德国人知道怎样让他们招供
The Germans know how to make them talk.
哦
Oh.
如果他们是,他们在搞破坏,那很明显
Well, if they are, they’re cracking, my dear chap. It’s a sure sign.
不到最后,他们不会用这种手段
Nobody starts to fight foul till he sees he can’t win any other way.
我相信兴登伯格,我听到他前几天说
I quite believe Hindenburg, who I heard said the other day
直到现在,德国都很谨慎地使用武器
that until now, Germany has used her arms with honour.
我承认,他说的不是母鸡
I admit he said nothing about her legs!
立定
Halt!
向左转
Left turn!
早上时分
Get that off to Brigade
– 把那送到大部队 – 好的,长官
– in the morning. – Certainly, sir.
你们有谁认识克雷奇马尔·舒尔多夫上校吗?
Do any of you know Oberst Kretschmar-Schuldorff?
别装聋,上次我听说他的时候
Dont play deaf. He was an Oberst
他是你们团的上校
in your regiment the last time I heard of him.
克雷奇马尔·舒尔多夫上校,枪骑兵第二团
Oberst Kretschmar-Schuldorff, 2nd Regiment of Ulans.
– 你们谁会说英语? – 嘿
– Which of you can speak English? – Hey.
你们一小时前还说英语,回旅长话
You spoke English an hour ago. Answer the Brigadier.
我说英语
I do speak.
哈
Ah.
现在听我说
Now, listen to me.
我们不会用你们对待战俘的手段
We don’t use the same methods that I hear you use on your prisoners,
但我保证,我们有我们自己的方法得到情报
but I assure you we have means to find out what we want.
你们身上找到的这些炸♥药♥
What was this explosive
– 是打算干什么? – 我不知道
– found on you intended for? – I don’t know.
– 别撒谎 – 我真不知道
– Don’t lie. – I do not know.
你们两天前抓了三个俘虏
You took three men prisoner two days ago.
– 没有 – 那你们怎么知道那座桥?
– No. – Then how did you know about the bridge?
我什么也不知道
I know nothing about a bridge.
那你们带着炸♥药♥干什么?
Then why were you carrying dynamite?
能安全离开了,你的车准备好了
Quite safe to go now, sir. Your car’s waiting.
– 不留下来吃晚饭吗? – 你们有什么?
– Won’t you stay for dinner, sir? – What have you got?
– 通心粉,我们在地窖发现的 – 令人厌恶的东西
– Macaroni. We found it in the cellar. – Beastly stuff.
还有平常吃的腌碎肉片
And the usual corned horse.
我想还是去迪皮斯看看
Oh, I think I’ll take my chance at Dupuis.
很遗憾,我得走了,很想再审审那些战俘
It’s a pity I’ve got to go. I’d like to have another shot at those prisoners.
我明白你意思了
Oh, I think I’ve got the idea, sir.
我会为你处理他们的
I’ll tackle them for you.
– 好的,写报告给团部 – 好的,长官
– Right. Make your report to Brigade. – Very good, sir.
听着
Now, listen.
现在我指挥这里
I am in command here now.
我知道怎么对付你们这帮糟粕
And I know how to deal with you scum.
我不是个简单的英国绅士
I’m not a simple English gentleman.
我是个简单的南非人
I’m a simple South African.
我保证,我有办法得到我想要的
And I can assure you that I have means to get what I want.
炸♥药♥是干什么用的?
What was the dynamite for?
你们有多少人逃脱了?
How many ofyou got away?
你抓住的那三个人怎么了?
What happened to the three men you took prisoners?
三十秒内回答
30 seconds to reply.
– 十 – 十
– 10. – 10.
– 八点三十五 – 八点三十五
– 8:35. – 8:35.
喂,喂,该死
Hello! Hello! Dammit.
该死的线路断了,我联♥系♥不上比彻沃德
The lousy line’s dead, sir. I can’t get Beechwood.
– 继续试,你要什么? – 我是肯迪少将
– Keep trying. And what do you want? – I’m Brigadier General Candy.
对不起,长官,请坐,休息一下
I’m sorry, sir. Sit down. Take the load off your feet.
我不知道你是高级军官
I couldn’t see your brass for the mud.
– 有什么可以效劳? – 你是铁路运输官?
– What can I do for you? – You’re the railway transport officer?
我只是负责开火车
I run trains, if that’s what you mean.
– 只是有火车开车的时候 – 你拿到我的便条没有?
– That is, when there are any trains to run. – Did you get my chit?
看在上帝的份上,给我接到比彻沃德
Will you, for the Lord’s sake, get me through to Beechwood?
上校有便条呢,试试其他线路 你说“便条”?
The Colonel’s having kittens. Try the other circuit. You said “chit”?
– 好的 – 什么是“便条”?
– Yes. – What’s a chit?
消息,是消息
A message, man. A message.
我想送到伦敦,很紧急
I want transport to London. It’s urgent.
我值班以来没有消息
There hasn’t been any message since I’ve been on duty.
让我看看有什么可以帮到你,乡下佬,接埃米李阪尼的铁路官
I’ll see what we can do for you. Jake, get RTO at Ami-le-Bon, will you?
– 是,上校 – 好的
– Yes, Colonel. Yes. – OK, sir.
我们正努力接线,我们正在试其他线路
Yes, we’re trying to get through, sir. We’re trying the other circuit.
是的,我会通知你,我们这里就像精神病院
Yes, I’ll let you know. A merry little madhouse we’ve got here.
是的,我的火车什么时候开?
Yes, very. When does my train leave?
我在哪里转车?哪里能弄到吃的?
Where do I change? And where can I get some food?
我想是的,谢谢
I thought so. Thanks very much.
好,就如我所想,你必须亲自去埃米李阪尼
Yeah, it’s what I thought. You’ll have to go through to Ami-le-Bon.
我就是从那里来这里搭火车的
I’ve come from Ami-le-Bon to catch a train here.
– 我的摩托车陷在泥里… – 什么,上校?
– My motorcar is stuck in the mud… – What’s that? What, Colonel?
你说什么?谢谢
The hell, you say? Thanks a lot.
– 就是它了 – 这是什么?
– That’s that. – What’s what?
一个德国代表团正来见福煦将军,他们将
A German delegation is on its way to see General Foch. They’re going to
– 商议停战 – 啊呀!
– sue for an armistice. – Yippee!
胡扯!德国的宣传,老计谋,想让我们放松戒备
Nonsense! German propaganda. Old trick to put us off our guard.
我的火车呢?
What about my train?
没有火车,没有铁路,甚至火车头
There’s not a train, or a track, or a locomotive to pull one, sir.
在这场战争中,我见过没有军♥火♥的军♥火♥库
In this war, I’ve seen ammunition dumps without ammunition,
没有炊事员的炊事班,没有汽油的摩托车
field kitchens with no cooks, motorcars with no petrol to run them on,
因此,发现没有火车的铁路运输官也不奇怪
so I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised to find a railway transport officer without trains.
但让我告诉你,在布尔战争或者索马里兰
But let me tell you this, young man, that in the Boer War or in Somaliland,
这种无能一秒钟也不能容忍♥,决不能
this sort of inefficiency wouldn’t have been tolerated for a second. Not for a second.
现在那里我能弄些吃的
Now, where can I get some grub?
荆棘冠什么时候都有
The Crown of Thorns is good for a hand-out at almost any hour.
– 那是什么?酒馆?- 酒馆?我不明白
– What is it? A pub? – A pub, sir? I don’t get you.
讨厌,我们在鸡同鸭谈
Oh, dash it. We don’t speak the same language.