Sheriff figured he’d done somethin’.
警长以为他做了某件事
Isn’t it terrible, Sonny?
不是很可怕吗,桑尼?
Were you there? Did you see anything?
你看到什么?
Oh, weren’t nothing to see except Miz Clarg.
除了克拉格太太外没有看见什么
And if she had a gun, she might’ve killed us all.
如果她有枪 她也许会杀了我们全部
And Joe Bob didn’t do nothin’.
乔包柏什么都没做
Oh, you know he must’ve done somethin’. Scares me to death.
他一定有做什么事,把我吓死了
You just never can tell when somethin’ terrible’s gonna happen.
永远不会知道会发生什么事
It’s okay. They got him now.
没关系,他们现在抓到他了
I called you before.
我之前有打给你过
You did?
你有吗?
Mm-hmm. I felt lonesome.
我觉得很寂寞
Thought you might wanna drive around a while.
也许你想兜风
Well, I’m supposed to be someplace.
我应该到某个地方的
I’m still a little scared.
我还是有点怕
Please take me riding.
请带我去兜风
Well, where will we drive?
我们开到哪?
You ever hear from Duane? – Had a postcard.
有杜恩的消息吗?有收到一张明信片
I really feel sad about that.
我真的对那件事感到遗憾
He’s, uh – Makes 320 a month. Said he bought a car.
他说他一个月赚320元 他说他买♥♥了一辆车
Guess I’ll always be a little bit in love with Duane.
我多少都会爱着杜恩
We just had too much against us.
我们有太多反对我们的声浪
It wasn’t easy being the one to break up.
要开口说分手不简单
Sonny? – What?
什么?
Not here.
不是这里
I’m too old for screwin’ in cars.
我在车上做这事太老了
I don’t like to hurry.
我不喜欢草草了事
Why don’t we go to Wichita and get a motel room?
为什么我们不去维契托 订个汽车旅馆房♥间?
I’m afraid to right now. I think my folks are watching me.
恐怕要这样 我的父母在监视我
They know I don’t want to go to college.
他们知道我不要上大学
They might think we’re gonna run off and get married.
他们也许在想 我们会私奔去结婚
We’ll do it when it’s safe.
当安全的时候我们再做
We got all summer.
我们有整个夏天
Hey, Duane. – Hey, buddy.
嗨,老兄!
I didn’t know you turned roughneck. – Gotta make a livin’ somehow so’s I can afford to keep the pool hall open.
你变成了个劳工 要谋生所以撞球馆能继续开放
When’d you get in? – Oh, about 2:00.
你什么时候来的?大约两点
Thought I’d surprise you.
我想让你惊喜一下
This yours? – Yeah. How about that?
这是你的吗?拉风吧?
38,000 miles on her. She runs like new.
三万八千里,跑起来跟新车一样
Say, you want a beer? – Not me.
你要啤酒吗? 我不要
It’s about all I eat for breakfast anymore.
我早餐就吃这个
Hey, sure is a nice car.
这的确是部好车
Yeah, I like to drive it so much I thought I’d just drop home for the weekend.
我非常喜欢开,我想 我周末会开回家
Yeah, you can’t take too good care of a car like this.
你不能再给这车更好的保养了
I wash her every week. – Oh, it looks great.
我每星期都洗车 看起来很棒
Hear about Joe Bob? – Yeah, I always knew he was crazy.
听到乔包柏的消息? 我一直都知道他很疯狂
He didn’t do nothing – except get her to take her underpants off.
除了脱下她的内♥裤♥ 他什么都没做
He’s out of jail now. – Yeah.
他刚出狱
Are you still screwing that old lady?
你还跟那个老女人在一起?
No. Yeah. I been kind of busy.
不,是的,我很忙
I seen old Leroy last week.
我上星期看到老利若伊
He said he thought you and Jacy had been going together a little.
说你和洁希在一起
Yeah. We have a little.
我们有,一点点
She’s been kinda bored, so once in a while we go out, eat Mexican food or something.
她很无聊,所以有时候 我们去吃墨西哥食物
The way I hear it, that ain’t all you been eating.
我听到你不只在吃这些
Well, whoever told you that don’t know what he’s talkin’ about.
不管是谁告诉你 都不知道他在说什么
Sure, I been goin’ with her. Why not?
为什么不可以跟她一起交往?
Never said I blamed you for it. I don’t blame you much.
我没说我因此怪你
Just never thought you’d do me that way. I thought we were still best friends.
我没想过你会那样做 我以为我们是朋友
We are. What you so mad for? I never done nothin’ to you.
我们是,你生什么气? 我什么都没做
I guess screwin’ my girl ain’t nothin’ to you. – I ain’t screwing her.
上我的马子叫没什么? 我没有
Hell you ain’t! – Well, I ain’t.
去死,你没有! 我没有
She’s not your girl anymore anyhow. – She is my girl. I don’t care if we did break up.
她不是你的马子 她是!
Hell, you don’t live here anymore. – That don’t make no difference.
你甚至不住在这
I’ll always live here. I’m gettin’ her back. I’m tellin’ you right now.
这不会有什么不同! 我会把她要回来
She’s gonna marry me one of these days when I get a little bit more money.
她有天会嫁给我
She won’t marry you. – Sure, she will.
她不会 我们本来要结婚
We always meant to get married. – She’s going off to college soon.
她很快就会上大学的
I doubt I’ll ever get to go with her again myself once she gets off.
一旦她上大学了 我怀疑我不再会跟她交往了
I never saw what it could hurt to go with her this summer though.
我不知道这个暑假跟她出去 会有什么伤害
She’s never gonna marry you. – She is, by God! Don’t you tell me she won’t!
她不会嫁给你 别告诉我她不会!
She’d never let you screw her. That’s for sure.
她不会让你上她
Hell, I was just seein’ how honest you was.
我要看你有多诚实
Jacy would never let you screw her. You ain’t that good a cocksman.
洁希没让你上她 你不是那个条件好的人
You never even screwed Charlene Duggs all that time you went with her.
你甚至没有上过查琳
‘Cause you had the pickup all time Saturday night! That’s why.
因为每个周末夜你都先开走卡车
Nobody could have screwed her in the time I had left.
没有人能在我开的时间内上她
I could have screwed her in five minutes. I wouldn’t even need no pickup.
我不需要卡车 就能在五分钟内上她
Oh, yeah? Well, the only reason she went with you as long as she did…
她跟你出去只因为你是后卫
was ’cause you was in the backfield and I was in the goddamn line.
我是前锋
What you talkin’ about? Me and her was in love.
你说什么?我们在恋爱
Oh, you was. She likes me just as much as she ever liked you.
你是,我喜欢我 就像她喜欢你一样
That’s a lie. – I’ll stay with her all night one of these nights too.
你在说谎 我也整夜跟她在一起
She done promised. – You won’t either.
她答应了 你不会
Yes, I will. Why shouldn’t I? She done told me you couldn’t even do it that time in Wichita Falls!
我为什么不?她告诉我你在那次维契托佛尔
What about that?
不能做
What happened?
发生什么事?
Sonny?
桑尼
“My Son Calls Another Man Daddy.” – There’s a lady in the waiting room. She sent you this.
等候室有个女人在等你 她给你这个
Could you tell her I’m asleep? Please.
你能告诉她我睡着了?拜托?
All right.
好
That too cold? – Nah, it’s great.
太冷了?不,太好了
Say, I hear Duane joined the army.
我听说杜恩从军了
Good place for him too.
对他来说是个好地方
Aw, he was just holding that bottle. Didn’t mean to hit me with it.
他不是故意要用瓶子打我的
That boy’s always had meanness in him.
那个小子本性不好
Of course, Jacy’s just the kind of girl that brings out the meanness in a man.
洁希是那种会把男人 坏坏的本性引发出来的女人
She’s just like her grandmother.
她就像她的祖母
I hadn’t ought to talk about ’em anyhow. We was all good friends once.
我不该跟他们说 我们曾经都是好朋友
Dan roughnecked with Gene Farrow.
丹和珍妮法罗鬼混
He and Lois, they used to live in this little one-room place over the newspaper office.
他和路易丝曾住在新闻局的对面的一个房♥间里
Hell, Lois couldn’t afford a flour sack, much less a mink.
路易丝连面粉袋都买♥♥不起 何况是皮裘
I’ve always had a soft spot for her though.
虽然我总是特别同情她
Yeah, I wondered a lot of times, you know, what would have happened…
我常在想如果 金发掘的油是丹发掘的
if my Dan had made the strikes that Gene made.
事情会怎样
They offered that rig to him first.
他们先邀丹到那油井的
Yep.
对
Dan Morgan never took a chance in his life.
丹摩根在他一生中从没抓住机会
Do you wish y’all had made it?
你们希望你们都成功吗?
Oh, sure, I wish we’d made it.
当然,我希望我们都成功
Guess the army won’t take me now I just got one good eye.
我想军队现在不会要我 我只有一只眼是好的
You want to go over to Korea and get yourself killed, huh?
你要去韩国被杀死?
You ain’t got your senses back yet – what few you ever had.
你还没回复理性 你已经没什么理性了
Well, café won’t run itself. You rest up now.
咖啡厅需要有人经营 你好好休息
Oh, here’s for the cheeseburger.
这里是起司堡的钱
Okay, I’ll bring your change when I bring your supper.
送晚餐时我会带零钱来给你
Thanks.
谢谢
Sonny? – Come on in.
进来
Oh, I was so worried. I just had to see you.
我很担心,我一定要看见你
Oh, I been missing you.
我很想念你
And I’m a lot better than I was. Here, sit down.
我比之前还好,这里,坐下
You just can’t believe how famous we are.
你不会相信我们有多出名
We’re all anybody talks about in this town now. – Yeah, I guess so.
我们是大家的话题 是,我想是
I want us to get married. – What?
我想结婚
I really do. – Get married?
我真的要 结婚?
Just as soon as you want to. Don’t you want to?
只要你想,你不想吗?
Oh, yeah.
想啊
I bet the whole town will be knocked for a loop if we do. They’ll never forget it.
小镇会很惊讶,不会忘记的
I love you, and that’s more important.
我爱你,这更重要
You were so dear to fight for me.
你真好一直站在我这边