And you give me back my pictures too.
把我的照片还给我
I don’t want you showing them to all the other boys and telling ’em how hot I am.
我不要你拿出来 去炫耀我有多辣
You wasn’t very hot.
你不算很辣
I hope you ain’t down in the mouth about Charlene.
我希望你不要因为查琳而伤心
I ain’t blue about her. – She don’t even have a good disposition.
不是这样 她气质不好
What are you blue about then?
你伤心什么?
There ain’t nobody to go with in this town.
这个小镇里没有人可以交往
Jacy’s the only pretty girl in school, and Duane’s got her.
洁希是学校唯一的辣妹 但杜恩是她的男朋友
I call that his tough luck.
我说他真是好狗运
You don’t have to eat so fast. You ain’t in a race.
你不用吃那么快,又不是在比赛
Jacy will bring him more misery than she’ll ever be worth.
洁希不值得让你这么的痛苦
Did your dad give you this?
这个是你♥爸♥给你的?
He needs all he’s got.
他需要他所有的
It wouldn’t hurt you to take a little something from him once in a while.
有时候从他那里拿点东西 对你不会有什么伤害
I don’t know. You and Duane both in a boardin’ house.
我不知道,你和杜恩都在寄宿
Him with a mother and you with a father. It don’t seem right.
他跟妈妈,你跟爸爸,感觉不对
And your dad’s taking too many pills, you know.
你♥爸♥吃太多的药了
Then I’m no one to talk. I never did get on with Mama. Still don’t.
但我没资格说话 我跟我妈相处不好 现在还是一样
Say, I hear Dan’s goin’ back to work soon. ♪ Say, hey, good-lookin’ ♪
我听说丹马上要回来工作了
I guess you’ll be quittin’ before long.
我想你快辞职了
Honey, we got $4,000 worth of doctor bills to pay.
我们有四千元的医疗帐单要付
I will probably be making cheeseburgers for your grandkids.
我可能还要替你的孙子 做起司汉堡 我,陪审团
Look at the little ducktail over here!
看这里的小鸭尾!
Oh, go to hell.
去死吧
What’s wrong with you, you duck ass?
你怎么了,你这个混♥蛋♥?
I wonder what my chances are this morning…
我不知道我怎样才能让你们
of interesting you kids in John Keats.
对约翰盖兹有兴趣
None at all.
一点也没办法
Joe Bob.
乔包柏?
Well, I read that poem of his about the nightingale…
我读过关于他夜莺的诗
and I didn’t think it was so good.
我不觉得好
Sounded like he wanted to be a nightingale.
听起来像他要当一只夜莺
Right. I-I don’t think he wanted to be a nightingale, Joe Bob.
我不认为他要当夜莺
Maybe he just wanted to be immortal.
也许他要成为不朽
All you have to do to be immortal is lead a good Christian life.
你要不朽 就好好遵照基♥督♥教的生活
Anyone can do it if they love the Lord.
只要爱上帝,谁都能这么做
Well, maybe so, Joe Bob. Maybe so.
也许是,乔包柏
Here now. Let me – Let me read you this.
让我念这个给你听:
“When old age shall this generation waste…
“当这一代在浪费旧时光
“thou shalt remain… “in midst of other woe than ours…
在别人的伤痛之中
“a friend to man… “to whom thou sayest…
上帝对他说:
“beauty is truth; truth, beauty.
“美丽是事实,事实,美丽”
“That is all ye know on earth…
这是你在世上知道的全部的事
and all ye need to know.”
和你必须要知道的事”
Run, you little pissants! Run!
快跑,你们这些小贱民,快跑!
Tough it out! Tough it out! You gotta be men like the rest of us.
坚强一点 你要跟我们一样像个男人点
Ain’t none of you pretty enough to be women.
你们当女人都不够漂亮
Here, Joe Bob, quit flapping your arms.
这里,乔包柏
You look like a goddamned goose.
别拍你的手臂 你看起来像只呆鹅
Even for a preacher’s boy, you ought to be in better shape.
即是是当牧师的小孩 你们的体格应该好点
What kind of female you ever gonna get?
你会得到那种女人?
Tough it out! Tough it out.
坚强点!
Run, you little pissants.
快跑,你们这些小贱民
All right, off the court.
好了,停止
If y’all didn’t jack off so damn much, maybe you could stay in shape.
要是你们别这么常自♥慰♥ 也许就能保持好体格
Come here a minute, Sonny.
过来这一下,桑尼
Now, you do me a favor, and I’ll do you one.
你帮我一个忙,我就帮你一个忙
Sure, Coach.
当然,教练
Now, my old lady’s got to go over to the doctor in Olney tomorrow.
我的老伴明天要看医生
You know women. There’s always something wrong with them.
你知道女人总有地方不对劲
Yeah, I guess.
大概吧
Well Take it from me.
相信我
Anyway, I haven’t got time to drive her.
反正 我没有时间开车载她去
Now, if you’ll do this for me…
如果你替我做这件事
I’ll get you out of civic class.
你就不用上公民课
I’ll be glad to. That’s the best offer I’ve had all day.
我很乐意,这是我今天 听到最好的提议
You tell her you got to get back in time for practice…
告诉她你要回来练球
so she won’t stay in there too long.
所以她不会待太久
I’ve got enough bills to pay already.
我已经有很多帐单要付
Hey, you know what’s the trouble with you little pissants?
“你知道你的问题是什么吗?
You ain’t got no school spirit!
你的学校精神不够”
You need a haircut.
你需要剪头发
Hey, come on, Jimmie Sue. We’re hungry over here too.
快,吉米苏,我们这里也很饿
I’m comin’! I’m comin’! Hold your horses. – It’s been a half hour.
我来了,我来了,耐心点!
Uh-oh. Better watch it. Here comes your mama.
最好注意,你妈来了
Jacy, we’re havin’ supper at home tonight. I expect you there in 15 minutes, you hear?
洁希,我们今晚在家吃饭
Okay, Mama. I was just giving the boys a ride.
好,妈 我只是让这些男孩搭个顺风车
Now, here’s a tune that’s been, uh, on the pop hit list for a number of weeks.
这首是榜上蝉联好几周的歌♥曲
You listen and tell us the name of this one.
告诉我们歌♥名
♪ …are a-comin’, their sails are in sight ♪
来了,他们的帆船来了
What is it? ♪
这是什么?
What is it, huh? Hear it again. “Shrimp Boats.”
怎么了,嗯?再听一遍。”捕虾船。”
“Shrimp Boats.” You got it. Very good!
“虾船” 你猜到了!
Very good, Carlos. You were in on that too.
非常好,汤玛斯,你也有一份
All right. There’s a hundred twenty dollars. We’re goin’ along fine.
有一百二十元,我们进行的很顺
Now we come to City Limits. This is geographic.
现在我们来到城市边界 这是地理
Guess you hate me tonight, huh?
我猜你今晚很讨厌我?
Oh, Mama, you know I love you. But I love Duane, too, even if you don’t like it.
我爱你,但我也爱杜恩 即是你不喜欢这样
I don’t care. I’d just hate to see you marry him. That’s all.
我不在乎 我不想看见你跟他结婚
You wouldn’t be rich anymore, and in about two months –
你不会再富有了
I don’t care about money. Not at all. – he’d stop flattering you.
再两个月他ue4d1 我不在乎
Well, you’re pretty stupid then.
你真的很笨
Well, you married Daddy when he was poor, and he got rich, didn’t he?
你嫁给爸的时候,他很穷 然后他变得很有钱,不是吗?
Scared your daddy into getting rich, beautiful.
我把你♥爸♥吓的拼命赚钱,美人
Well, if daddy could do it, Duane could too.
如果爸能做到,杜恩也能做到
Not married to you. You’re not scary enough.
不会娶你,你不够可怕
Well, you’re rich and you’re miserable. I sure don’t want to be like you.
你很有钱但很可怜 我不想像你一样
Not much danger of that.
这样没什么危险
You slept with him? – Mama!
你跟他睡过?
We’ll go to the doctor sometime and arrange something…
找时间约个医生看诊
so that you don’t have to worry about babies.
让你不用担心有小孩
You do have to be careful of that, you know. – But, Mama, it’s a sin, isn’t it?
你真的要小心 但这有罪
Unless you’re married? You know I wouldn’t do that.
不是吗? 你知道我不会这么做的
Oh! Don’t be so mealymouthed.
别这么油腔滑调
I thought, if you slept with him a few times…
我想如果你跟他睡过
you might find out that there isn’t anything magic about him.
你可能会发现他没什么特别的
Then we can send you away to a good school and you can marry some wealthy boy. – But I don’t want to leave.
然后我们能送你去好学校ue4d1但我不想离开
Why can’t I just stay here and go to college in Wichita Falls?
为何我不能留下来上 维契托佛尔的大学?
Because everything is flat and empty here.
因为这里一切都很枯燥空虚
Ain’t nothin’ to do.
而且没有什么事情好做!
Can I have some of that? – Help yourself. Don’t you have any?
我能喷一点吗?自己来,你没有吗?
Well, yeah, but I feel like smelling good right now.
有,但我现在想变成香喷喷的
Don’t you ever feel like doing anything right now?
你从来有没有想过 现在要做些什么吗?
You ought to leave your face just like that. All you really need now is a little eyebrow pencil.
别弄你的脸了 你只需要一枝眉笔
Okay. Good night.
好了,晚安
Just remember, beautiful…
美人
everything gets old if you do it often enough.
任何事情常常做 就会变的很无聊
So if you want to find out about monotony real quick…
如果你急着知道什么是单调
marry Duane.
就跟杜恩结婚
Hello. – Abilene, you – you asleep?
嗨 -艾柏林,你睡了吗?
No. – Feel like company?
没有 想有人陪你吗?
Now again, here’s Warren Hull!
好了,沃伦·赫尔来了!
Well, I thought I’d drive out, see how my well is coming.
我想要开车出去 看看我的井怎么了
Drill hard. You’re better at oil wells anyway.
用力钻,反正你对油井比较在行
Oh, hello, Sonny. What you want?
嗨,桑尼,需要什么?
Uh, Coach said you needed a driver.
教练说你需要一个司机
use Oxydol. – Didn’t he tell you I was coming?
他没告诉你吗?
No, he didn’t mention it. I thought he was gonna drive me himself.
不,他没说 我以为他要自己载我去
I guess he just couldn’t get off.
我想他有事不能来
Let me just get the radio.
我去关收音机