And President Truman will be here tomorrow…
杜鲁门总统明天会来
so all you folks in Dallas turn out, you hear?
所以你们达拉斯的人要来参加
This is Cowboy Rhythms on KTRN, Wichita Falls…
这是在维契托佛尔 KTRN的牛仔节奏
and here’s Hank Williams’s big hit tune, “Cold, Cold Heart.”
这是汉克威廉斯最热门的歌♥ 冰冻的心
You ain’t ever gonna amount to nothin’.
你做不了什么事的
Already spent a dime this morning and ain’t even had a decent breakfast.
今天早上已经花了一角 甚至还没吃到早餐
Give me the chalk.
把粉笔给我
Why don’t you comb your hair, Sonny? It sticks up. Look like you smelled a wolf.
你为什么不梳下头发? 都翘起来了
I’m surprised you had the nerve to show up this mornin’ after that stompin’ y’all took last night.
我真惊讶在你昨晚 那场球赛惨败后
Well, it could’ve been worse. – What’d you say?
你还有胆出来 你说什么?
Could’ve been worse. – Yeah.
可能会更糟
You could say that about nearly everything, I guess.
几乎对什么事都能这么说
A few football teams have had some luck with tackling.
只有几个足球队 能有这种擒抱的好运
Keeps the other team from scoring quite so often.
不让其他的队伍这么常得分
Sounds too rough for me.
对我来说好像太粗暴了
You don’t even care if it was your last game.
即使是你的最后一场比赛
You ain’t ever gonna get stomped for your own high school ball team again.
你也不在乎 你不会为高中球队惨败了
Where’s your school spirit? – Don’t know.
你的学校精神到哪去? 不知道
You workin’ today? No, the truck’s being greased.
你今天要工作吗?卡车正在被润滑
Now, you see, this is what I get for bettin’ on my hometown ball team.
看,这是我赌家乡队的后果
I ought to have better sense.
我该有点辨别力
Wouldn’t hurt if you had a better hometown.
如果你有个更好的家乡会更好
Do you mind pointing that at the floor till I get by?
你介意把那个指向地上 直到我过去后吗?
I don’t want my eye poked out.
我不想眼睛被挖出来
Don’t let Billy get too far away, will you, son? ♪ To a memory ♪
别让比利走太远
You’re a damn sight more dangerous in a pool hall than you are on a football field.
你在撞球馆里 比你在足球场上还危险
You ever heard of tackling?
你没听过擒抱?
Hey, Duane.
喂 Duane
Hey! Why the hell can’t you kids learn to tackle?
你们为何不学擒抱?
Hey, how about taking Genevieve some change, being as you’re goin’ that way?
既然你往那个方向走 为何不带给珍妮芙些零钱?
Hike me one!
丢给我一个!
Here comes the bomb, Crawford!
炸♥弹♥来了,Crawford
Look at that, Larry. They can catch. – Feisty sons of bitches, ain’t they?
看,赖瑞,他们接的到 这些活力十足的混小子
Wish they could tackle. – Or do something useful.
他们会擒抱就好了 或是做点有用的动作
Team wasn’t worth a kiss-my-ass this year.
今年这个队伍不怎么样
Straight out, Crawford, one more time. Whoo-ee!
退出,克劳佛,再一次
All right, you boys. Cut it out.
好了,各位,别搞了
I got enough problems without you playing that game over again.
没你们来玩这游戏 我的麻烦就够多了
We could have run off to Mexico with this, you know. – Mmm.
我们可以带这个去墨西哥
Hey, play that new one we heard. – Which one?
放那首我们听过的新的 哪一首?
Down payment on breakfast. Let somebody prosperous play the jukebox.
先付早餐的头期款 让有钱人投点唱机
Nobody prosperous would eat here.
有钱人不会在这里吃东西
Well, I ain’t very hungry. – Well, I am.
我不是很饿 我很饿
Say, you want the pickup first tonight? – Nah.
你今晚先要卡车吗?
I oughtn’t get it first every Saturday night. It’s half yours, you know.
我不可能每个星期六都先要
Sure, I’m sure. Anyways, I got lots of deliveries to make, and I have to go clear to Ranger this afternoon.
反正,我还有很多货要送 我还要送到牧场
Okay. – I’ll be lucky to get back for the second show.
幸运的话还能看到第二场
Give me that coffee, hon? I need another cup.
把咖啡给我,好吗?我需要再来一杯
My goodness, Sonny.
我的天,桑尼
Frank hadn’t ought to work you so late on weekends.
法兰克不该让你在周末 做到这么晚
That’s what I keep telling him.
我也是这样告诉他的
You ain’t got in in time to see the comedy in three weeks.
你有三个礼拜都没赶上 这喜剧片了
Hope you don’t want no popcorn, ’cause there ain’t none.
希望你不要爆米花 因为已经没有了
And you missed the newsreel too.
你错过了新闻影片
And the main show’s done started, so I’ll just charge you 30 cents.
正片已经开始 所以我只收你三毛钱
Thanks, Miss Mosey.
谢谢,摩斯小姐
I was wondering if my daughter had deserted us, too, when I heard her voice.
当我听见我女儿的声音时 不知道她是不是抛弃我们
Pa! Pa!
爸爸
Hi, Pa. Kay was our only daughter.
凯是我们唯一的女儿
I know a father’s not supposed to have favorites…
爸爸本来不该偏心
but when it’s Kay –
但当凯…
Mmm, you smell good. You like it?
你很香 喜欢吗?
What’s that? – An atomizer.
是什么? 香水喷雾器
Where’d you get it? A present? – Mm-hmm.
从哪里来的?一份礼物?
Who from? – Oh, somebody.
谁送的? 某个人
I decided you had a wreck.
我决定你发生了车祸
What’s happened to you? You look different.
你怎么了?你看起来不一样
I do? – Yeah.
是吗?
You look all lit up inside.
你看起来气色很好
You’re not wearing your usual deadpan look –
你没有往常的扑克脸
that “how did I ever get into this family” look.
那”为何我生在这个家?”的表情
Oh, Father.
父亲
Oh, I know. You’ve been taking those vitamins that Dr. Gray sent you, huh?
你在吃葛瑞医生给你的维他命?
That’s right.
没错
I guess I’ll get me some of those vitamins.
我也该吃点那些维他命
I’ll get it, Delilah.
我来接,黛莉拉
What’s the matter with her?
怎么回事?
She looks kind of queer.
她看起来有点奇怪
Guess what.
猜猜怎么了?
What?
怎么了?
It’s our anniversary.
今天是我们的周♥年♥庆♥
What?
怎么了?
We’ve been going steady a year tonight.
今晚我们就交往一整年了
Yeah?
是吗?
Seems like a lot longer.
好像比这还久
You should have got me some anniversary present.
你应该送我一些周年纪念礼物
You can have another stick of gum. That’s all I got on me.
你可以再拿一片口香糖 我只有这个
You can give me a dollar too.
你也可以给我一元
That’s how much it cost me and Marlene for the show.
这是我和玛琳看电影花的钱
Hi. What y’all doing back here in the dark?
你们在后面黑漆漆的地方干嘛?
He’s coming for me in a few minutes. I’ll get your coffee.
他马上来接我了 我帮你倒咖啡
Where’d the boys go?
那小子们去哪里?
Ben had some date, and Tommy went to basketball practice.
班有约会 汤米去练习篮球
Oh, Delilah, will you bring the coffee, please? – Yes, Mrs. Banks.
哦,黛利拉,请把咖啡拿来好吗?-好的,班克斯太太
I don’t see why they should get the pickup first all the time.
我不明白 为什么都是他们先用卡车
All they ever want to do is neck anyway.
反正他们只想亲吻
Buckley says I’m not too young for a man to marry.
巴克利说我还不年轻,不适合结婚
I didn’t marry your mother till I was 25. – Oh, I know, Pop –
我直到25岁才和你母亲结婚 -哦,我知道,爸爸
Need some help, Jessie? – Yeah, I sure do.
需要帮忙吗,洁希? 好
Hey, so long, Sam. – Bye, Sam. Come on!
再见,山姆 再见
Good night. – Good night, Sam. Sure did like the picture.
真的很喜欢这电影 很好
Well, good. Good night. Good night.
嗯,很好 晚安 晚安
Crack your window. Leave the motor running.
打开你那边的窗户,别熄火
It’s just too cold in here.
这里太冷了
Pee Wee King’s “Slow Poke.”
小威王的“慢刺”
Number two on the national chart.
全国排名第二
Now here’s a brand-new – Your hands are like ice.
这是全新的 你的手好冰!
I could put on my gloves. ♪
我可以戴上手套
♪ Send me your spoon and your napkin ♪
给我你的汤匙和餐巾
♪ Send me your coffee cup too ♪
还有你的咖啡杯
What’s the matter with you? You act plain bored.
你怎么了?看起来好像很无聊
Quit! Quit!
停止!
You said this was our anniversary.
你说这是我们的周年纪念
Let’s do something different.
让我们来做点不同的
Well, I like that. You cheapskate.
我喜欢这样!你这小气鬼
Didn’t even get me an anniversary present, and now you wanna go and get me pregnant.
没给我礼物 而现在你要让我怀孕
Oh, my God, Charlene. It was just my hand.
我的天,查琳!这是我的手
Yeah. One thing leads to another.
一个牵扯到另一个
My mama told me how that old stuff goes.
我妈告诉我事情会怎么样
We’ll have plenty of time for that when we get married.
当我们结婚后就会有很多时间
You wasn’t no livelier than me.
你也不比我活泼
That’s ’cause you ain’t good-lookin’ enough. You ain’t even got a ducktail.
因为你不够好看 连流行的发型都没有
Well, anyway, I’m done late. Let’s go on home.
反正,我迟到了 我们回家吧
Some anniversary.
好个周♥年♥庆♥
If that’s the way you feel about it, I’d just as soon break up, Charlene.
如果你这么觉得,我们马上分手
What? – I don’t want to spoil no more anniversaries for you.
我不要再让你糟踏周♥年♥庆♥
That’s the way nice girls get treated in this town.
这是好女孩受到的待遇!
I might have known you wasn’t dependable.
我早该知道你靠不住
You wasn’t even in the backfield either. – Now, what’s that got to do with it?
你甚至不是后卫
This jacket’s got a hole in the pocket, but you needn’t ask me to sew it up for you.
这个夹克有洞,但别叫我替你缝