♪ Opportunity ♪
机遇
Hey.

Hey, Rex. Welcome to Rex’s.
嘿 雷克斯 欢迎来到雷克斯夜♥总♥会♥
Alice, you look like you’ve seen the dark side of the moon.
爱丽丝 你看上去像活见鬼了似的
What did Tom say?
汤姆说了什么啊?
No. I feel much better.
不 我感觉好多了
I love your idea of social life as a group,
我同意你说的要多和一群人玩
without all this ferocious pairing off.
而不是残忍♥的配对游戏
I couldn’t have stood being alone tonight.
今晚我可受不了一个人
We all went to Harvard, but I didn’t really know them there.
我们都上过哈佛 但我真的不认识那些人
Which house were you in?
你住那座房♥子?
I thought Bernie was smarter than that.
伯尼没这么蠢吧?
What a blunder.
真是太离谱了
When they do call, we’ll get you immediately.
他们一打电♥话♥来 我们就马上通知你
Thanks, Rex.
谢了 雷克斯
Rex is such a great guy. Yeah.
雷克斯真是个好人 是啊
Charlotte says she can tell if a guy is gay or not just by looking in his eyes.
夏洛蒂说 她从眼神就看得出男人是不是同性恋
How?
怎么看?
Maybe it’s related to how they look at you.
也许跟他们看你的方式有关
It’s hard to define, but I think women can tell.
很难说清 但我认为女人都看得出
I can’t.
我看不出
Are Jimmy or I Gay?
吉米和我是吗?
Come on. Don’t.
拜托 不要啦
Jimmy. No.
吉米 不
Well, not your eyes, but you do have a gay mouth.
你的眼神不像 倒是嘴很有同志的风采
A gay mouth? I have a gay mouth? What does that mean?
我有一张同性恋嘴?什么意思啊?
Just what I said.
就我说那意思
It’s true, Des. Your mouth does look gay.
是真的 德斯 你的嘴是长得比较那个
God, how moronic can you get? What nonsense.
天啊 你也太白♥痴♥了吧?胡说八道
Don’t think I don’t know your whole act.
别以为我不知道你想玩什么把戏
Excuse me?
什么?
Pretending to be gay to get sympathy from women
假装同性恋博取女人同情
while cruelly dumping them.
然后残忍♥地甩掉她们
And to seem cooler than you actually are.
同时也为了装得比你本人有形
I despise your whole pathetic act.
我讨厌你这可悲的伪装
You’re not fit to lick the boots of my real gay friends.
你连给我真正的同志朋友舔鞋都不配
Well, I don’t want to lick the boots of your real gay friends.
我也不想给你真正的同志朋友舔鞋
You know, I could be gay.
知道吗?我也可以是同志的
I see through you completely.
我把你彻底看穿了
Oh, you see through me completely? Yeah, I do.
你把我彻底看穿? 是啊
That’s the dark side of feminism. What?
这就是女权主义的阴暗面 什么?
You have a kind of free pass to make any kind of…
你有充分的自♥由♥可以发表任何
wounding or derogatory comment you want.
伤人或不敬的评论
I am hardly a militant feminist.
我绝不是一个激进的女权主义者
No, you’re not. A militant feminist would be a lot fairer.
你的确不是 说你是激进的女权主义者算抬举你了
It is women like you whose attitudes to men are so dehumanizing.
你这种女人根本不把男人当人看
Like what? That men are swine…
比如什么? 你们认为男人是猪
obsessed with large breasts and the sex act…
只喜欢大胸部和性生活
devoid of any idealistic or romantic sensibility…
缺乏理想化或浪漫的情感
when, in fact, we have that idealistic sensibility in spades.
而事实上 我们当然有理想化的情感
For instance, you have no idea what men really think about women’s breasts.
比如 你绝想不到男人对女性胸部的真实看法
What do men think about women’s breasts?
男人对女性胸部有何高见?
Well, it’s not something you just blur’: out.
这种事一两句话说不清
It’s far more complicated and nuanced than that.
绝对比这要复杂微妙得多
Okay. I’ll tell you a story.
好的 我跟你说个故事
When I was in college, there was a girl I had a crush on…
我读大学时曾暗恋一个女孩
who always had older boyfriends, invariably some senior.
她喜欢年纪大的 总是和高年级男生谈恋爱
Finally, they all graduated
最后 他们都毕业了
and one night we went back to her room alone.
有一晚 我们单独回到她的宿舍
Suddenly, her shirt was off and I was confronted…
突然 她脱掉了上衣 而我清楚地看见
with these breasts which turned out to be…
她的胸部 结果
completely surprising and, frankly, disconcerting.
我大吃一惊 说实话 非常尴尬
They were rather large and-and…
她的胸部挺丰满的
not ugly or especially strange-shaped…
也不难看 或是奇形怪状
but in all the time that I had thought about her…
但我每次一想到她
these breasts had never figured.
就对她的胸部很反感
She took off her shirt so quickly…
她衣服脱得太快
there was no time for adjustment.
我一点儿心理准备都没
And I sensed something arrogant about it…
我感觉 她有些过于自信了
as if her abrupt unveiling of her largish breasts…
仿佛她突然暴露巨大胸部的行为
was somehow going to slay my swinish male self…
不知怎的毁灭了我的男性自尊
as if I hadn’t already been slayed on a much higher level.
我从没被那么严重的打击过
♪ Spell on me ♪
对我施咒
Her name was Alice too.
她的名字也叫爱丽丝
Oh, come on, Des. You know that’s not true.
行了 德斯 这不是真的
What do you mean it isn’t true? Her name wasn’t Alice.
什么叫不是真的? 她不叫爱丽丝
Well, I’m not gonna use her real name.
我不想说她的真名
♪ You got me doing funny things, like a clown ♪
你让我像个小丑一般胡闹
Would-Would you like to dance?
你想跳舞吗?
Do you mind?
你介意吗?
♪ Just a-look at me ♪
请你看着我
♪ When you wear your high-heel boots with your hip-hugger suit ♪
当你穿上高跟鞋和紧身装
♪ Huh, it’s all right You’re out of sight
没关系 我看不见你
If what’s bothering you relates to Tom Platt,
如果你不想听和汤姆·普拉特有关的事
I-l wouldn’t take it personally.
我不会生气的
Did you know Tom and Jennifer had a trial separation…
你知道 汤姆和珍妮佛的暂时分居
which was to end tonight?
今晚到期吗?
♪ I can dig it, and I says oogum, oogum ♪
我懂得欣赏 我大叫
What you might not know is that, about a week ago…
但你可能不知道 大约一周前
they started seeing each other on the sly…
他们开始偷偷见面
cheating on their trial separation.
破坏他们的分居计划
How do you know that?
你怎么知道的?
Working at the club, you find out all kinds of things.
在夜店上班能知道很多八卦
You know, this is the way people used to dance in bars in the old days.
知道吗?过去人们在酒吧就是这么跳舞的
Did people ever really dance in bars?
在酒吧真的可以跳舞吗?
I thought that was a myth.
我还以为是个传说呢
People my older brother’s age – uh, they did.
我大哥那个年纪的人 他们真跳
Your brother must be a lot older.
你哥一定比你大很多
Before disco, this country was a dancing wasteland.
在有迪斯可前 这个国家简直没有舞蹈
You know the Woodstock generation of the 1960s
你知道六十年代伍德斯托克音乐节
that were so full of themselves and conceited?
那一代人都是些自大狂吧?
None of those people could dance. Huh.
那些人都不会跳舞 呃
♪ That I’m crazy about you ♪
我为你而疯狂
♪ Huh, now go on now with your bad self ♪
暴露你坏坏的本性
What happened with her?
她怎么了?
I think she noticed that for a moment I flinched.
她也许注意到了我的迟疑
She dropped me like a rock. I was crushed.
她扔我就跟扔块石头一样 我很受伤
I’m hushed. I couldn’t take it. So, I dropped out…
我累坏了 我受不了 于是就退学
and got in the nightclub business early.
很早就开始做夜♥总♥会♥生意
Thanks to which I probably owe my success today.
幸亏这样 我才当上了老板
Let’s share a cab. We Te thinking of going.
一起打车吧 我们也想走了
You’re all going? Yeah.
你们都要走? 是啊
Have they called yet from the club?
他们从夜♥总♥会♥打来电♥话♥了吗?
I don’t think they will call.
我看他们不会打了
Bernie’ll probably send some emissary.
伯尼或许会派个使者来
That’s more his style.
这样比较像他的风格
What should we do with the Oz costumes?
这些绿野仙踪的服装要怎么办?
Just, uh, bring ’em by the club tomorrow?
明天再还到夜♥总♥会♥?
Actually, those costumes are mine.
其实 这些服装是我的
Just get ’em back to me when you can.
哪天还给我就行了
I thought we were here as a group.
我们不是- 起来的吗?
You talked about the tremendous importance of group social life.
你刚才大谈什么群体社交生活的重要性
Well, it’s really late. Yeah, Alice. It’s getting really late.
真的很晚了 是啊 爱丽丝 真的很晚了
We’d better get going. Thanks again, Des.
我们还是走吧 再次感谢 德斯
Ciao. Bye.
再会 再见
Bye. Night, Rex.
再见 晚安 雷克斯
All week Charlotte’s been talking about…
整个星期夏洛蒂都在说
the tremendous importance of group social life…
群体社交生活的重要性
opposing all this ferocious pairing off.
反对残忍♥的配对游戏
Well, group social life has its place…
群体社交生活是很重要

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!