How did it go? Fine.
如何啊? 还行
You know, they closed the airport. No.
知道吗?机场关闭了 不
Yeah, we had to land in Washington until LaGuardia reopened.
是的 我们不得不降落在华盛顿 等机场恢复运行
♪ Than any love I know ♪
胜过我知的所有爱情
♪ It’s like thunder ♪
如同雷霆
♪ Lightning ♪
闪电
♪ The way you love me is frightening ♪
你对我的爱让人心惊胆战
♪ You better knock Knock ♪
你最好先敲门
♪ Baby ♪
宝贝
♪ Baby ♪
宝贝
Do you remember the conversation we had Labor Day weekend?
你还记得劳动节派对上我们谈话的内容吗?
It had a huge impact on me.
那次对我影响很大
Really? Jennifer and I had been talking all year…
真的? 珍妮佛和我讨论了足足一年
about either acknowledging the permanence of our relationship and marrying…
关于是否正式确定我们的关系并结婚
or finally just breaking up.
还是干脆分手
I had no idea you were even dating anyone.
我当时都不知道你有对象
I thought you knew.
我还以为你知道呢
No, we’ve been together since college.
不 我们从大学就在一起了
But the weekend after Labor Day, we had this long talk.
但经过那个劳动节后 我们长谈了一次
Jennifer proposed a trial separation,
珍妮佛提出要暂时分居
which normally I’d have considered ridiculous…
本来我会无法接受这种事
but I couldn’t help thinking of you… and went along.
但我忍♥不住想起你 就同意了
Out of some sort of residual loyalty to Jennifer…
出于对珍妮佛残存的一丝忠诚
I didn’t call you immediately
我没有马上联♥系♥你
and instead started coming to the club.
而是开始来这家夜店
Uh – I’m not a very good dancer, but…
我舞跳得不好 但
No, you are.
不 你跳得很好
I was also curious if the sexual revolution went as far as everyone said.
我还很好奇 性解放是否真像人们说的那样蓬勃发展
It had. But emotionally, I couldn’t handle it.
是的 但从感情上我还无法接受
I got so depressed, and…
我当时极其郁闷 结果
when I saw you that night…
那晚见到你时
you were a vision.
我看到了希望
Not just of loveliness, but of…
不光是可爱 而且
virtue and sanity.
还正直与健康
What?
什么?
I shouldn’t talk about it.
我不该说这事的
I’m just gonna end up sounding like an idiot.
再说下去 你会认为我是白♥痴♥
No. What? You’re very sexy…
不 什么? 你非常性感
and good-looking and modern and…
漂亮 时尚 而且…
hot and…
又热辣又…
But what I was craving was sort of…
但我更渴求的是
a sentient individual who wouldn’t abandon her intelligence…
知性女人 她不会放弃尊严
to hop into bed with e very guy she meets in a nightclub.
跟在夜店里认识的每个男人上♥床♥
Why – Why is it that when people have sex with strangers on their mind…
为什么人们一想到和陌生人做♥爱♥
their I.Q. just drops, like, 40 points?
智商就会下降至少40点?
All that affected…
到处都是做作的
sexy seductress slinking around.
勾引男人的荡♥妇♥
“Uncle Scrooge is sexy”?
吝音鸭很性感 ?
I mean, my God, is there no limit?
天 你还有没有脑子啊
No. That was to… Do you think I’m an idiot?
不 那是为了… 你认为我是白♥痴♥吗?
I’m so sick of all the lies and the nonsense.
我厌倦了谎言和废话
Alice?
爱丽丝?
Alice. What’s wrong?
爱丽丝 怎么了?
What happened?
出了什么事?
McGrath. Where is he?
麦格拉斯 他在哪儿?
He was around. Uh, I’d say it’s definitely…
就在附近 我看你今晚…
not a good idea to approach Van tonight.
去找范谈话绝对不是个好主意
There he is. McGrath.
他在那儿呢 麦格拉斯
You’re through, McGrath.
你完蛋了 麦格拉斯
You’re out of here, right now.
马上给我出去
What? Bernie. Bernie.
什么? 伯尼 伯尼
Where is he? There he is.
他在哪儿? 在那儿
Bernie, this guy’s through. What’s going on?
伯尼 这家伙完了 怎么回事?
We had a public safety situation in the front.
前门出了点公共安全状况
This jerk comes out, trying to make it worse.
有个混♥蛋♥跑出来想把事情闹大
Is this true? “Public safety situation”?
是真的吗? 公共安全状况?
Give me a break. It was a joke. I’m sorry.
放过我吧 是开玩笑的 对不起了
We had a public safety situation.
的确出了公共安全状况
The cops came. It was no joke.
警♥察♥都来了 没开玩笑
I tease him a tiny bit. No teasing, Des.
我跟他闹着玩 别这样 德斯
No teasing?
别这样?
Either he goes, or I do.
要么他走 要么我走
Come on, Van. Des, grow up. Cut it out.
得了 范 德斯 都成熟点 别闹了
Okay. Sorry.
好吧 抱歉
It’s the ad guy. So, it’s the dancing adman.
是那个广♥告♥男 原来是跳舞的广♥告♥男
You’re finished.
你完了
Okay, I work in advertising. Is that a crime?
好吧 我是做广♥告♥的 犯法啊?
What’s happening in this country?
这个国家怎么了?
There they are. Get ’em.
他们在那儿 抓住他们
♪ To be real ♪
真正去感觉
Get the Tin Man. Get him.
抓住铁皮人 抓住他
Get this jerk out of the club.
把这混♥蛋♥赶出去
You’re fired, Des. You’re out of here.
你被解雇了 德斯 给老子滚
You can’t fire me, Van. Only Bernie can fire me.
你不能解雇我 范 伯尼才能
Okay.
好吧
You’re fired.
你被解雇了
And take this yuppie scum with you.
顺便把这个雅皮人♥渣♥也带走
♪ Ooh What you find ♪
你的发现
♪ What you feel now ♪
你的感受
Good riddance.
终于滚蛋了
“Yuppie scum”?
雅皮人♥渣♥?
In college, before dropping out,
在从大学退学前
I took a course in the propaganda uses of language.
我专门学过宣传用语言
One objective is to deny other people’s humanity-or even right to exist.
目标之一是 否认他人的人性 甚至存在的权利
In the men’s lounge, someone scrawled “Kill Yuppie Scum.”
男宾休息室里 有人在墙上喷了”干掉雅皮人♥渣♥”
Do yuppies even exist?
雅皮士真的存在吗?
No one says “I am a yuppie.”
从没人自称雅皮士的
It’s always the other guy who’s a yuppie.
永远都是在说别人
I think for a group to exist,
我认为一个群体存在的前提
somebody has to admit to be part of it.
是必须有人承认属于这一群体
Of course yuppies exist.
雅皮士当然存在了
Most people would say you two are prime specimens.
大多数人会说 你们俩就是标本
We’re not yuppies. You think we’re yuppies?
我们不是雅皮士 你认为我们是雅皮士?
You’re seriously saying you’re not yuppies? No.
你们真的认为自己不是雅皮士? 对啊
Yuppie stands for “young, upwardly mobile professional.”
雅皮士代表了”年轻 前途无量”
“Nightclub flunky” is not a professional category.
“夜店达人”可不是正规职业
Contrary to popular belief,
与大多数人的看法不同
junior level ad jobs don’t pay well at all.
初级的广♥告♥职位工资并不高
I wish we were yuppies. Young. Upwardly mobile. Professional.
我真希望我们是雅皮士 年轻 前途无量
Those are good things, not bad things. Where are we going?
这些是好事 不是坏事 我们这是去哪儿?
Rex’s. Oh, no.
雷克斯夜♥总♥会♥ 不要
What’s wrong with Rex’s? Well, you can’t dance there…
雷克斯夜♥总♥会♥有何不妥? 那儿不能跳舞
and it’s full of boring preppies.
而且全是无聊的预科学生
Oh, and we’re so interesting.
是 我们是比较有趣
You can dance at Rex’s.
雷克斯夜♥总♥会♥可以跳舞的
Yeah, but why Rex’s? Why not some other place?
是啊 但为什么非要去那里 不能去别的地方呢?
Well, for one thing, everyone at the club knows I go there.
首先 夜店里的所有人都知道我常去那儿
So, when they come looking for me, I want to be there.
所以 当他们去找我时 我要在场
Why would they come looking for you?
他们找你干嘛?
What happened tonight was a mistake,
今晚的事是个错误
which, even now, Bernie’s probably very much regretting.
现在伯尼或许很后悔
He’s a smart guy. Not without good qualities.
他是个聪明人 也很有品位
Even if very few.
即使不算太高
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s already called Rex’s
我猜想他可能已经打电♥话♥给雷克斯
to retract my dismissal.
撤消对我的开除了
How can you be so sure of that?
你怎么会这么肯定?
Well, I’m not sure of it.
我不肯定啊
♪ Opportunity Whoa, opportunity ♪
机遇 机遇
♪ Yeah, yeah, baby ♪
耶 宝贝 机遇
♪ – Whoa, opportunity – Yeah, yeah ♪
机遇 耶