Don’t contradict me, Des.
别跟我顶嘴 德斯
I don’t want a lot of ad people in the club…
我不想太多广♥告♥界的人进来
particularly not this guy.
尤其是这个家伙
Well, I didn’t let him in.
我没让他进来啊
If Van didn’t either, then he’s not in the club.
如果范也没有的话 那他应该不在
Did I ever tell you my first job was in advertising at Y&R?
我跟你说过 我的第一份工作是在Y&R公♥司♥的广♥告♥部吗?
In those days, the big thing was to be nice to everybody –
那时候 最重要的就是讨好每个人
to the secretaries, to the media department…
秘书啦 媒体部门啦
to the art director, to the client.
美术指导啦 客户啦
Well, I don’t think it’s that way now. I don’t care.
我认为现在不一样了 我不在乎
I don’t want that element in the club.
这个场子里不能有那种东西
Jimmy is, like, my best friend.
吉米是我最好的朋友
And you’ve been a good friend to him, Des…
你对他也仁至义尽了 德斯
but this Jimmy is not a good friend to you.
但他对你可有点不够朋友啊
He’s out of control. He’s an egomaniac.
他失控了 他是个自大狂
Jimmy. Where were you? What a nightmare.
吉米 你去哪儿了?真是个恶梦
Listen. I don’t how you got in, but you better go.
听着 我不知道你怎么进来的 但你必须走
What? This way.
什么? 这边
You’re asking me to leave? Van has gone crazy.
你要赶我走? 范抓狂了
He made Bernie promise to fire me if he found you here.
他让伯尼答应 如果发现你在就炒了我
Bernie hates ad agency people. It’s nuts.
伯尼讨厌广♥告♥公♥司♥的人 简直莫名其妙
I can’t believe it. That’s like something out of the Nazis.
真不敢相信 这根本是纳粹思想嘛
Come on. I will get you back on the list,
来吧 我会让你回到名单上的
but tonight it’s best if you go.
但今晚你最好先离开
Could I at least go tell my client that I’ve gotta go? No.
至少让我跟客户说打声招呼吧 不行
Please.
求你了
Tell him I got ejected. His name is Hap.
告诉他我被赶走了 他的名字叫哈普
Okay. And that’s for this irritating girl…
好的 这个是给一个讨人厌的女孩
who’s occupying my booth – Alice.
她在我的包厢 叫爱丽丝
She’s irritating? I thought she seemed nice.
她很讨厌吗?看上去还不错啊
You know her? Well, she’s been here two times before.
你认识她? 她以前来过两次
How is she irritating? I can’t believe it.
她怎么个讨厌法? 我真不敢相信
You’re really gonna throw me out? Yeah.
你真要赶我出去? 是的
Thanks, Des. You’ve really been a good friend to me.
谢谢 德斯 你还真是够朋友
Hey. What happened?
怎么回事?
It’s okay.
没事
♪ Everybody dance ♪
大家来跳舞
♪ Do-do-do Clap your hands ♪
嘟嘟嘟拍起手
♪ Clap your hands ♪
拍起手
♪ Hi, Sandro. ♪
你好 桑德罗
♪ Everybody dance ♪
大家来跳舞
Think we ‘ll get in? This usually works.
我们进得去吗? 这个通常都有用
♪ Everybody dance, do-do-do ♪
大家来跳舞 嘟嘟嘟
♪ Clap your hands, clap your hands ♪
拍起手 拍起手
Des, I think we need to talk.
德斯 我们得谈谈
Yeah. There’s something I have to talk to you about.
是的 我有事要跟你说
♪ Do-do-do, clap your hands Clap your hands ♪
嘟嘟嘟 拍起手 拍起手
♪ Music never lets you down ♪
音乐永不会让你神伤
♪ Puts a smile on your face ♪
让你微笑荡漾
♪ Anytime, anyplace ♪
无论何时何地
♪ Dancin’ helps relieve the pain ♪
跳起舞不再难过
♪ Soothes your mind ♪
心情舒畅
♪ Makes you happy again ♪
心花怒放
♪ Listen to those dancin’ feet;
倾听这舞步
♪ Close your eyes and let go ♪
闭上眼沉浸其中
I think Tom’s here. Really?
汤姆好像在这儿 真的?
Tom Platt.
汤姆·普拉特
♪ If it aint got that swing ♪
如果没有摇摆
♪ Everybody dance ♪
大家来跳舞
♪ Do-do-do, clap your hands Clap your hands ♪
“嘟嘟嘟 拍起手 拍起手
♪ Everybody dance ♪
大家来跳舞
♪ Do-do-do, clap your hands Clap your hands ♪
“嘟嘟嘟 拍起手 拍起手
♪ Everybody dance ♪
大家来跳舞
♪ Do-do-do, clap your hands ♪
“嘟嘟嘟 拍起手
♪ Clap your hands ♪
拍起手
♪ Everybody dance ♪
大家来跳舞
♪ Do-do-do, clap your hands Clap your hands ♪
“嘟嘟嘟 拍起手 拍起手
♪ Spinning all around the floor ♪
在舞池旋转
♪ Just like Rogers and Astaire Hoof all night without a care ♪
就像舞王舞后整夜无拘束
♪ Strutting to our favourite tune ♪
跟着最爱的节奏大步走
♪ The good times always end too soon ♪
美好时光总是很短暂
♪ Everybody’s dancin’ ♪
大家来跳舞
Who’s she?
她是谁?
They call her Tiger Lady.
大家都叫她”虎妞”
It’s actually a cheetah pattern she’s wearing.
她穿的其实是豹纹啦
At some point she wore a tiger pattern.
有一次 她穿的是老虎
It’s always something very slinky and sexy.
总之是狂野性感的那种
You consider her sexy? Yeah.
你觉得她性感? 是啊
Here. A banquette. Where’s Jimmy?
这儿有长沙发 吉米在哪儿?
I don’t know. He went to get drinks. What would you like?
不知道 他去买♥♥饮料了 你想喝什么?
Uh, vodka tonic. Me too.
呃 伏特加汤力 我也是
I’ll go with you.
我跟你去
Ever since I was six years old or so, I sensed I was somehow…
从六岁起 我就觉得自己和别人
Different.
不一样
Then every time you made love to me…
你每次和我做♥爱♥
you must have wanted to vomit. No.
一定都很想吐 不
No, no.
没有啊
You’re beautiful. You don’t have to be some…
你很美啊 并非只有
sweaty, horny, hetero he-ape…
好色的兽♥性♥臭男人
to admire and-and appreciate female beauty.
才懂得欣赏女性美
Only very, very recently did the final realization come.
直到最近 我才终于意识到
Exactly when did the final realization come?
到底是什么时候?
Two days ago.
两天前
I get up late and usually turn on the TV, sort of as a reflex.
我起床很晚 通常会打开电视 这是我的习惯
Wednesday afternoon there was a rerun of Wild Kingdom,
周三下午 电视上在重播《动物王国》
Mutual of Omaha’s nature program with Marlin Perkins…
马林·佩金斯主持的 奥马哈共享频道自然节目
and that…
还有个主持人是
attractive younger guy.
一位年轻的帅哥
It triggered something.
那似乎触动了什么
Suddenly everything fell into place.
一瞬间豁然开朗
I’m gay…
我是同性恋
and always have been.
并且一直都是
You only found out you were gay on Wednesday?
你是这星期三才发现自己是同性恋的?
Only then definitively.
是那时才确定的
Wednesday was…
星期天是
Gay Day for me.
我的出柜日
Finished eavesdropping?
偷听够了没?
I wasn’t eavesdropping. Come on. Anything interesting?
我没偷听 得了 听到有趣的没?
Shh. God.
嘘 天啊
Listen. It’s much better you’re with Tom than Jimmy.
听着 你跟汤姆在一起 比跟吉米好多了
You two really look great together. You think so?
你们俩真的很登对 你真这么想?
It’s too bad we weren’t closer friends in college.
可惜我们大学时不是好友
I think I could really have helped you there.
否则一定能帮你很大忙
For most guys, sexual repressiveness is a turnoff.
对大多数男人来说 性冷淡是很伤人的
You’re saying this for my benefit?
你说这话是为了我好?
You’re a good conversationalist, but…
你很健谈 但
there’s something of the kindergarten teacher about you.
你身上有种幼稚园老师的气质
It’s really nice,
这样也不错啦
but the guys you like also tend to be on the ethereal side.
但你总喜欢那种不切实际的男人
It can get pretty far away from any kind of physicality.
总是不愿意发生肉体关系
This is gonna sound dumb, but it really works.
这听起来很傻 但的确有用
Whenever you can, throw the word “sexy” into your conversation.
只要有机会 就在谈话中加入”性感”二字
It’s kind of a signal. Like, um…
这是一种暗示 比如
“There’s something really sexy about strobe lights.”
“闪光灯挺性感的”
Or, uh…
或是
“This fabric is so sexy.”
“这种面料很性感”
Yeah, it is.
对 没错
♪ That you and I could make it on through ♪
你和我本可相爱到永远
♪ But something went wrong ♪
但好事多磨
Josh?
乔什?