I’m really surprised you’d be taken in by him.
我不敢相信你被他骗到了
You should notice I didn’t answer your original question.
别忘了 我还没有回答你最初的问题呢
My original question whether you were absolutely committed to Des…
我最初的问题 是你是否彻底完全爱上了德斯
you didn’t answer?
你还没有回答?
What does “Ioon” mean?
“水鸭” 什么意思?
Des calls me that.
这是德斯给我的绰号♥
“Loon.” I sort of like it.
水鸭 我还挺喜欢这名字的
It’s, uh, short for lunatic.
它是疯子的简称
And also the lake bird with the eerie call.
也是一种发怪声的水禽
It’s the other terms Des uses for me – nutcase, freakazoid, et cetera
德斯给我许多绰号♥ 疯子 变♥态♥等等
I kinda mind.
我不喜欢这样
A lot of people like to say they won’t take “no” for an answer.
许多人都说 不把”不”当做拒绝
I just wanted you to know that I’m not one of them.
我得告诉你 我不是这样的
I can be easily discouraged.
我很容易灰心
I will take “no” for an answer.
我被人拒绝一次就会放弃
Okay. No.
好的 不行
You don’t mean that. No.
你不是认真的吧? 不是
I’m sorry. She’s not in right now.
抱歉 她现在不在
Okay, I’ll have her call you back. Thank you.
好 我让她打回给你 谢谢
Alice, sorry. What?
爱丽丝 对不起 怎么了?
You’d better see Bob.
你去找找鲍勃吧
Bob wants to see you right away. It’s something bad?
鲍勃要马上见你 有坏事吗?
The author of your Tibet book – Doesn’t exist. He’s a fraud.
那个写西♥藏♥的作者根本不存在 是个骗子
Carol thinks it could be worse than the Clifford Irving case.
卡罗觉得这件事 比克利福德·埃文案更严重
Carol thinks it’s as bad as the Clifford Irving case.
卡罗觉得这件事 比克利福德·埃文案更严重
Turns out the author isn’t the Dalai Lama’s brother…
作者根本不是达♥赖♥喇♥嘛♥的哥哥
but a Los Angeles writer named John De Simio.
而是个洛杉矶作家 叫约翰·德西莫
It’s a shame, ’cause it’s a really good book.
真可惜 这是本好书
Dan thinks it’s one of the best things ever written on Tibetan Buddhism.
丹觉得这是关于藏传佛教最好的一本书
What a mess. I’m sorry I haven’t been more of a help.
糟糕 不好意思 我帮不上忙
I’ve been a little preoccupied myself.
我自己也有麻烦
I’m late for my period.
我的例假迟了
How late? A day.
迟了多久? 一天
A day late, and you’re worried? I’m sure I’m pregnant.
才迟一天你就担心了? 我肯定怀孕了
Isn’t that what you wanted? What do you mean?
你不是想怀孕吗? 你说什么?
I thought you said you wanted to have Jimmy Steinway’s babies.
我听到你说 想给吉米生个孩子
Yeah, but not this way.
对 但也没这么快吧
I’m not an addict. I’m a habitual user.
我不是瘾君子 只是习惯性使用
I’m sick of you and that nutcase going around judging everybody.
最讨厌你们这些伪君子跑来评判别人
“Oh, he’s an addict.”
“他是个瘾君子”
“He’s basically honourable, except for his treatment of women.”
“他人还可以 就是对女人不行”
I am not a womanizer. In fact, I hate womanizers.
我不是玩弄女人的人 我最讨厌花♥花♥公♥子♥
In any case, Alice completely changed all of that.
而且 爱丽丝已经彻底改变了我
♪ Shame, mmm ♪
可惜
♪ Gonna love you just the same ♪
我将依然爱你
Isn’t it a little morbid?
这样是不是很病态?
Morbid? Why take on all that baggage?
病态? 为什么要承担这么多负担?
Isn’t he a bit of a sicko?
他是不是有点变♥态♥?
From the start you know he’s defective.
从一开始 你就知道他有缺陷
Usually you don’t find that out until much later.
这一般是后来才能发现的
And what if you have kids?
如果你生了孩子呢?
It can be hereditary.
这种缺陷有可能遗传呢?
One thing about Jimmy – I know he’ll make a good father.
我觉得吉米有一个好处 他会是个好父亲
There’s always some problem, some baggage.
总会有一些问题 一些负担
Oh, my God. You’re serious.
天 你是认真的
Well, not necessarily.
那也不- 定
Coming.
来了
Tonight I’m gonna tell Jimmy. Wish me luck.
我今晚告诉吉米 祝我好运吧
You know, I think my father could have been an undiagnosed manic-depressive.
我父亲可能是隐形的阴郁症患者
Oh. Hi. Uh, do you know Josh is downstairs waiting?
晦 你知道乔什在下面等着吗?
Yeah. Thanks. Bye.
嗯 谢谢 拜
Bye. Bye.
拜 拜
Alice is so great.
爱丽丝真好
I’ve gotta be a better friend to her. Yeah.
我要对她再好一点才行 嗯
Before leaving the D.A.’s office,
离开检察官办公室前
I’d like at least once the chance to use the expression…
我想最后一次说这句话
“Book this clown!”
“把这小子抓起来”
I thought only police said that.
我以为只有警♥察♥才这么说
No, I think an A.D.A. could, in certain circumstances.
助理地方检察官应该可以这么说
Perhaps not very typical.
不是太正常
Are you aware all your clothes are slightly big?
你发现了吗 你的衣服总是大一些?
I’m still waiting for my growing spurt.
我还等着自己长高呢
Both my father and brother are over 83″.
我爸爸和哥哥都超过两米
You can still grow in your 20s. There are cases on record.
二十几岁还在长个子呢 有这样的案例
Tall people tend to have great personalities –
高个子的人性格很好
this kind, compassionate comprehension of the rest of the world.
待人友善 充满爱心 理解这个世界
My father and brother are both that way.
我爸爸和哥哥都是这样
What’s wrong? Just remembering something.
怎么了? 我想起点东西
What?
什么?
It’s kinda maudlin. It was here my depression first descended.
说来感伤 我第一次觉得没那么忧郁就是在这儿
Oh.

“To the valiant seamen who perished in the Maine…
“致在海上丧生的水手”
by fate unwarned and death unafraid.”
“不惧命运 无畏死亡的勇士”
Isn’t this the strangest, most forlorn monument?
这雕塑是不是很奇怪 很孤独?
Yeah. It’s very sad.
对 很感伤
What happened with your depression?
你的抑郁症是怎么回事?
Nothing, at first. I just went back to Cambridge very depressed.
没什么 我回到剑桥就无端变得非常抑郁
Then there was the incident at the Hayes-Bickford…
后来在海耶斯餐厅出了一回事
after which I was taken to Mass. Mental for observation.
然后我被送到麻省精神中心做观察
While there, I cut my hand trying to open a stuck window…
我想跳窗跑出去 结果划伤了手
and they put me on a suicide watch,
他们就把我列为自杀监控对象
though I don’t think I was ever really suicidal.
虽然我根本不想自杀
At least no more than a lot of people that age.
至少自杀的念头比不上很多人强
But you’re okay now.
你现在没事了
Uh,yeah.
呃 是的
Actually, a lot of people spend considerable sums of money…
事实上 许多人花钱才能买♥♥到的兴奋状态
to get the high I get absolutely naturally.
我时常都能达到
Now, with lithium, which is, in fact, a naturally occurring salt…
再用一种完全天然的盐类产品 锉
I can stay on a perfectly even keel.
我就保持完全正常了
Perhaps too even.
太正常了
Did they prescribe lithium right away?
医生给不给随便开锉?
Lithium wasn’t so standard then.
那时锉还不是正规药
There was a lot of muddling through various therapies.
要绕很多渠道才能开到
Because my right hand was bandaged,
我的右手打了绷带
I used my left to write friends cards…
就用左手写明信片给朋友
which was a mistake.
这显然是大错特错
My handwriting looked weird and really scared people.
我的笔迹乱七八糟 吓到了别人
I don’t think I was ever that – that badly off, but others might disagree.
我觉得自己没那么差 但是别人不这么想
Do you know the words to the hymn, “Dear Lord and Father of Mankind”?
你知道圣诗”亲爱的主 人类的父”的歌♥词吗?
While I was in the hospital, it became a sort of mantra.
我住院时 几乎拿它当咒语
“Dear Lord and Father of mankind forgive our foolish ways”
恕我愚昧顽梗
“Reclothe us in our rightful mind In purer lives thy service find”
重新赐我正直心灵
“In deeper reverence praise”
事奉殷勤
“Drop thy still dews of quietness till all our strivings cease”
生活圣洁 更深颂赞崇敬
“Take from our souls the strain and stress”
“消除心灵一切重负 解我愁烦困苦
“And let our ordered lives confess the beauty of thy peace”
让主作王 一生顺服 得享甜美安舒
“Breathe through the heat of our desire thy coolness and thy balm”
每当欲念如火焚烧 求主平息散消
“Let sense be dumb Let flesh refine”
逃避私欲 攻克己身
“Speak through the earthquake wind and fire”
在狂风 烈火 地震中
“Hold still, small voice of calm”
听主宁静微声
What’s wrong? Think I’m a wacko?
怎么了?觉得我是疯子?
What’s Wrong? Il don’t know.
怎么了? 我不知道
Charlotte’s in terrible pain. It’s her back.
夏洛蒂突然背痛
No. Nothing happened. We were just talking.
没什么事发生 我们说话而已
About what?
说什么?
Charlotte said she had something important she wanted to talk to me about…
夏洛蒂说 有重要事情跟我说
but before we got to that, her period started.
她还没开始说 例假就来了
Afterwards, I mentioned that it might be a good time to start thinking about…
然后 我跟她说要考虑一下
whether we were really right for one another or…
我们两个是不是合适
we should start thinking about, you know, breaking up.
她就说 不如分手好了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!