An all-around sleazeball.
一个十足的混♥蛋♥流氓
What’s the function of a film of this kind?
这种电影有什么作用呢?
Essentially, it’s a primer on love and marriage directed at very young people…
基本上这是一部面向儿童的爱情与婚姻片
imprinting on their little psyches…
告诉他们幼小的心灵
the idea that smooth-talking delinquents recently escaped from the local pound…
新近从监狱里出来 伶牙俐齿的少年犯
are a good match for nice girls from sheltered homes.
跟住在庇护所的良家少女是最般配的
When, in 10 years, the icky human version of Tramp shows up around the house…
这样十年之后 人类版的流氓出现在家门附近后
their hormones will be racing, and no one will understand why.
她们就会荷尔蒙激荡 而旁人都不知道为什么
Films like this program women to adore jerks.
这种电影就是鼓励女人去喜欢流氓
God, you’re nuts.
天 你真是疯子
The only sympathetic character,
唯一让人同情的角色
the little Scottie who’s so loyal and concerned about Lady –
那条真正关心小姐的苏格兰狗
is mocked as old-fashioned and irrelevant and shunted off to the side.
被它们当成土包子 无人理睬
Isn’t the whole point that Tramp changes?
流氓最后改变了 这才是电影的主旨啊
Okay, maybe in the past he stole chickens, ran around without a license…
或许过去他偷鸡 无证乱跑
and wasn’t always sincere with members of the opposite sex…
对异性不够诚实
but through his love for Lady…
但通过对小姐的爱情
and the beneficent influences of fatherhood and matrimony…
以及婚姻和成为父亲的考验
he changes and becomes a valued member…
它变了成了理想家庭中
of that, you know, rather idyllic household.
很重要的一个成员
I don’t think people really change that way.
我觉得人是不会这样变的
We can change our context, but we can’t change ourselves.
环境会变 但人不会变
What does that mean? Well, you changed.
什么意思? 你变了啊
Come on, Des. That’s a little different.
拜托 德斯 这又不同
I agree with Josh. The Scottie is the only admirable character.
我同意乔什的话 苏格兰狗是唯一可爱的角色
Would have been a much better movie if Lady ended up with him.
如果小姐最后跟它在一起 这部电影会更好
I’m really surprised. I think Tramp really changed.
你们真是太奇怪了 我认为流氓真的变了
Maybe he wanted to change or tried to change,
或许它尝试着要改变
but there’s not a lot of integrity there.
但我觉得它不真诚
First he’d be hanging around the house, drinking, watching ball games…
起初 它在家里晃来晃去 喝酒看球
maybe knocking Lady around a little bit, but pretty soon…
或是跟小姐推推操操 但很快
he’d be back at the town dump chasing tail.
它又到城里拈花惹草了
Give me a break! Are you taking your medication?
闭口吧 你是不是忘了吃药?
Because what you’re saying is completely nuts!
净说疯话
God. Des!
天 德斯
No, I think people should know that our friend here has a certain condition.
大家应该知道 这位朋友有点问题
Shut up. How can Morgenthau employ you?
闭嘴 摩根索怎么会请你呢?
He knows about Mass. Mental Health and the loony tunes junior year?
他知道你进过精神病院吗?
Of course he knows about it.
当然知道
God!
靠
Jimmy, you know where Alice is? No, I don’t know where she is.
吉米 知道爱丽丝在哪儿吗? 不知道
Uh, excuse me. Were you at Leo Burnett in Chicago?
不好意思 你是芝加哥的里奥吗?
Oh, my God! How are you? Um, do you know Betty?
天啊 你好吗? 这个是贝蒂?
Jimmy Steinway. Hi. Hi.
吉米 你好 你好
You’re still with IHSMOCO? Yeah.
你还在HSMOCO公♥司♥? 对
There’s a sales conference at the Americana.
有个美洲销♥售♥会议
I’m actually with the international side now, based in Spain.
我现在在国际部 在西班牙
How’s that? Barcelona is beautiful…
那边怎样? 巴塞罗那真漂亮
but in human terms, uh, pretty cold.
不过那边有点冷
How about you? I was at McCallum, but just got sacked.
你呢? 我在麦卡伦♥公♥♥司♥ 不过刚刚被解雇了
Have you found anything else?
找到工作了吗?
No. Any leads?
还没有 有头绪吗?
No.
没有
There’s a lot of agencies in Spain looking for people with experience from here.
西班牙不少公♥司♥都想找有经验的员工
There’s one in Madrid some Burnett people have affiliated with.
有一间马德里的公♥司♥ 跟这边很多来往
I could give them a call. That sounds great.
我帮你引荐一下 太好了
Michael. “Good Times.”
迈克 放“好时光”
I don’t identify with Tramp at all.
我也不喜欢流氓
I was just sticking up for him because no one else was.
大家都不做声 我才支持它的
I actually identify with the loyal Scottie dog too.
我也喜欢忠实的苏格兰狗
I’ve changed.
我已经变了
♪ Good times ♪
好时光
♪ These are the good times ♪
难得的好时光
♪ Leave your cares behind ♪
把忧虑放身后
♪ These are the good times ♪
难得的好时光
♪ Good times ♪
好时光
♪ These are the good times ♪
难得的好时光
♪ Our new state of mind ♪
涣然一新的心情
♪ These are the good times ♪
难得的好时光
♪ Happy days are here again ♪
决乐的日子再来临
I can’t continue on this case.
这单案子我不能再跟了
There’s a conflict.
有个人冲突
Well, we know that. You told us.
我们知道了 你已经说过
You know this guy, Des McGrath.
有个叫德斯·马克拉斯的人
It’s okay. No, but now there’s a real conflict.
没关系 不 现在真的有冲突了
♪ Boys will be boys Better let them have their toys ♪
男孩就应该有男孩的玩具
♪ Girls will be girls Cute ponytails and curls ♪
女孩要扎可爱的马尾辫
Hi. Hey.
嗨 嘿
God, what a dump. Yeah.
靠 这里真差劲 对
No, I don’t mean your place. Outside.
我不是说你家 是说外面
Oh.
哦
You iron your own shirts?
你自己熨衬衫?
Well, if I’m going to court, I wear a laundry-ironed shirt…
如果要出庭 就穿洗衣店熨的衣服
but otherwise I do it myself.
不然就自己动手
That’s a great moment in life,
能把衬衫送去洗衣店熨
when you can start sending all your shirts out for laundering.
你会觉得很有成就感
At the agency, after my last promotion, I briefly had that.
我上次升职之后 也试过这样的生活
In any case, I doubt I’ll be working there much longer.
管他呢 反正我也干不久了
What? I’m thinking of quitting.
什么? 我想辞职了
You can’t do that. Why not? What’s it to you?
那怎么行? 怎么不行?对你有什么影响?
You assured me, if I helped you, you’d be around to protect Des.
你答应过我 如果我帮你 你就会保护德斯
Well, the situation’s changed.
局势变了
How has it changed?
怎么变了?
I can’t say.
我不能说
You can’t say?
你不能说?
Maybe Des is more involved…
或许德斯被牵涉的程度
than I thought.
超过我的预想
Or more involved with someone you know.
我看德斯是跟某个女孩子太密切了
That’s a conflict, Josh.
这是个人恩怨
I still can’t believe Alice is really serious about Des.
我不相信爱丽丝对德斯是认真的
Why not? She seems so much smarter than that.
为什么不行呢? 我觉得她应该没这么笨
That doesn’t matter. There’s something deeply ingrained in human biology.
跟笨不笨没关系 这是人类本身的倾向
Women prefer bad over weak and indecisive…
男人不坏 女人不爱 女人天生不喜欢孱弱 犹豫
and unemployed.
和失业的男人
I don’t know about that.
这我倒不肯定
You think they do prefer weak, indecisive and unemployed?
难道她们会喜欢孱弱 犹豫和失业的男人吗?
♪ Everybody ♪
每个人
♪ Loves somebody ♪
都有所爱的人
♪ Sometime ♪
有时
Jimmy’s terribly closed off now.
吉米现在非常自我封闭
His previous girlfriends weren’t very nice to him.
他的前女友们对他很不好
I still think I’ll be able to break through to him emotionally at some point.
我还是觉得自己能跟他沟通
Bernie wants to see yo u.
伯尼想见你
♪ My sometime ♪
有时
♪ Is now ♪
就是现在
Can you wait for me? Let’s have breakfast together.
等我好吗?一起吃早餐
I have something I want to talk to you about. Come on.
有件事我想跟你说 说
♪ There’s no tellin’ where love may appear ♪
不知不觉 爱情已经萌生
♪ Something in my heart ♪
“我心里在说
♪ Keeps sayin’ ♪
在说
♪ My someday ♪
我的所爱
1 8886
18,886.
Uh, Bernie, you wanted to see me? Yeah.
伯尼 你找我? 队
Sometimes I get the impression you hardly know me, Des.
有时我觉得你根本不了解我 德斯
I care about ideas. I care about them a lot.
我在乎思想 非常在乎
Do you know that in college my senior paper was on Ernest Hemingway?
知道吗 我大学论文是写海明威的
Thanks,babe.
谢谢 宝贝
I’m not a nice person, Des…
我不是个好相处的人 德斯
but some things are important, such as loyalty.
有些东西很重要 比如忠诚
Loyalty is not eyewash, not like niceness.
忠诚不是说作老好人