There’s hope for me.
我还有希望
What did Josh want to talk to you about? ls everything okay?
乔什跟你谈些什么?没事吧?
Uh, no.
有事
Not exactly.
不尽如此
I’m sorry to bug you about this,
我也不想总缠着你
but I’d be really grateful if we could talk with Van soon.
我想跟范谈谈
The way it’s going, if I can’t get people in here, I’m gonna lose my job.
如果还不能带客户进来 我就要失业了
Des! You lied to me!
德斯 你骗我
I thought you were a wonderful man, but it was all lies!
我还以为你是个好人 原来都是骗人的
No. You said you loved me!
不是的 你说你爱我
And then you said you were gay! But you’re not!
然后又说自己是同性恋 但你不是
Everyone knew but me!
别人都知道 就我蒙在鼓里
You completely humiliated me!
你让我丢尽了脸
I could be gay.
我可能是同性恋
You’re saying again you’re Gay?
你还说自己是同性恋?
Tell me honestly.
老实告诉我
Have you had sex with men?
你有没有跟男人上过床?
Well, that’s defining it rather narrowly.
这是狭隘的定义
Bullshit! Bullshit! Bullshit!
狗屎 狗屎 狗屎
Bullshit!
狗屎
♪ I want to give it I want to get some too ♪
我想付出 但也想得到
♪ I-I, I-I, Ohh-Oh-Oh-Oh, I ♪
我 我
Between games, as planned…
比赛中间 按照计划
a huge box containing thousands of disco records was blown up.
炸毁了一个装满迪斯可音乐唱片的大箱子
The rest was unplanned.
其余事件都是突发的
Fans stormed out onto the field in the thousands…
成千上万的球迷冲入操场
disco records were hurled like Frisbees,
把迪斯可唱片当飞盘投掷
bonfires were set, bottles were thrown.
簧火燃起 酒瓶乱飞
The batting cage was torn down and destroyed. Fistfights broke out.
棒球馆惨遭摧毁 到处都在打架
Manhattan district attorney Robert Morgenthau, at his press conference
春天 曼哈顿地方检察官罗伯特·摩根索 在记者招待会上
congratulated prosecutors on their successful convictions in the probe of
祝贺检察员的成功探案
impact whatsoever, except that…
重大影响 除了…
first time on his real estate task force’s 18 convictions of executives…
他首次办地♥产♥案 就在六次商业交易中
at six commercial brokerages…
提出了18项罪名
promised a vigorous prosecution…
这次起诉非常有力
that would end white-collar crime in a wide-ranging series of investigations.
它将终结一系列调查中的白领犯罪
I’ll just be a second.
马上就好
Alice, congratulations on selling the TV. thank you
爱丽丝 恭喜你卖♥♥了电视 谢谢
Hi. Hi.
嗨 嗨
How’s Holly? Fine.
荷莉还好吗? 好
Is she, um, going out with anyone?
她现在有男朋友吗?
Yeah, this really nice guy who went to Denver University and works in real estate.
有 有个丹佛大学毕业做地♥产♥的小伙子
He found her this incredibly cheap apartment.
他帮她租了一间特别便宜的公♥寓♥
She no longer lives with you guys?
她搬出去了?
You hold what happened against me.
你因为这事怪我
Not that you broke up,
不是因为你分手了
just that you go out with people based primarily on looks.
而是你总是以貌取人
Holly’s also very nice.
荷莉也很漂亮啊
A lot of people are nice.
许多人都不错
You only asked out the fabulously good-looking one.
你只约那些特别漂亮的
You hold that against me.
你因为这个怪我
Well, pretty shallow.
对 很肤浅吧
You know, Alice, except for politics, we’ve got a lot in common.
爱丽丝 除了政♥治♥观点 我们很多相似之处
We’re both pretty serious and, I think, respect each other’s bases for judgment.
我们都是认真的人 尊重对方的观点
Occasionally I get reactionary thoughts too.
有些时候 我也很保守
I’m not reactionary.
我不保守
Well, aesthetically. Oh. Well, aesthetically.
我是说美学上 就是美学上
You mean you think I gave it to you.
你觉得是我传染给你的
How can you be sure? I’m sure.
你怎么能确定? 我确定
Well, you were a lot more active than I was.
I性方面你应该比我更活跃啊
Y-You were obviously very experienced.
你经验很丰富
No.
不是的
Oh, come on.
拜托
How did you know all that?
你怎么知道那么多东西?
Well, I read… a lot.
我经常读书
You must have been with some guys.
你肯定有过男人
You – You weren’t a virgin.
你不是处♥女♥吧
Well, I didn’t consider myself a virgin, but…
我也不把自己当处♥女♥ 不过…
What?
什么?
I don’t know.
我不知道
Technically…
从技术角度讲
What? If, when making love…
什么? 做♥爱♥的时候
the man spurts…
倘若男人
outside the woman…
在女人体外就射了
does that count as sexual intercourse?
这算不算性♥交♥?
“Spurts”?
射了
If it squirts outside…
就是还没有进去
without getting in…
就已经射♥精♥了
does that count as losing your virginity?
我算不算失去了贞操?
No part of the man got in at any time?
从来没有男人进入过你的身体?
I don’t think so.
没有
I think part has to get in…
我觉得要进入身体
to be considered sexual intercourse.
才能算是性♥交♥
So then I was a virgin.
那我就是处♥女♥了
I can’t believe that.
真不敢相信
The first time you make love, I –
你的初夜
I give you both “G” and an “H” infection.
我就传染了淋病和疙疹给你
“H”?
还有疙疹?
I don’t know, I’m beginning to think that maybe…
不知为什么 突然我觉得
that old system of people getting married
老式的婚姻制度反而更好
based on mutual respect and shared aspirations…
大家相敬如宾 志同道合
and then slowly over time earning each other’s love and admiration…
慢慢获取对方的爱慕
worked the best.
这种制度才好
Well, we’ll never know.
谁知道呢
Almost ready.
马上好了
God! Waiting around all night for the unemployed guy to get around to shaving.
操 我们老半天 就等一个失业人员刮胡子
You’re so busy you can’t shower until midnight?
你就这么忙 不能晚上再洗澡吗?
Excuse me. “Unemployed” is not who I am.
不好意思 我不是失业人员
I’m a fully employed person who just happens not to have a job right now…
我可是有职业的 只是眼下没工作
largely because of some structural problems in the advertising industry.
这主要是因为广♥告♥业的结构性问题
I’m sorry. That was really inconsiderate.
不好意思 我说话太直了
Please forgive me.
请原谅
♪ Spinning all around the floor just like Rogers and Astaire ♪
就像明星一样 在舞池上飞转
Of course, if you talk enthusiastically about your work in advertising…
当然 如果你热情高涨地谈自己的广♥告♥工作
you sound like a total cretin.
别人会当你是白♥痴♥
No, your enthusiasm is actually enormously appealing.
不会 你的热情很有感染力
In fact, I used not to think so well of people in advertising…
老实说 我以前对广♥告♥业人士有成见
but that’s one of the great things about getting out of college and into the real world –
走出校门出来工作就是有这种好处
how experience changes and improves your views.
阅历和经验可以改变思想
During college, I remember seeing couples with crying babies
上大学时 看到那些小孩哇哇大哭的夫妻
and thinking, “How horrible.”
我觉得很可怕
Lately I’ve been spending a lot of time with my niece and nephew.
最近 我经常跟侄女侄子在一起
Saturday I took my niece, who’s seven, to see the Disney movie Lady and the Tramp.
星期六 我带七岁的侄女去看电影《小姐与流氓》
She loved it. It was so cute.
她喜欢的不得了 真是可爱
I’m beginning to fall in love with the whole idea of having kids.
我现在很喜欢小孩子了
I hate that movie. What?
我讨厌这部电影 什么?
It’s so tacky, not to mention depressing.
它太俗气 而且很压抑
This sweet movie about cute cartoon dogs you found depressing?
这部电影的主角是可爱的卡♥通♥狗 你觉得压抑?
There is something depressing about it.
它有压抑的- 面
And it’s not really about dogs.
而且它的主题不是狗
Except for some superficial bowwow stuff at the start,
除了刚开始那个场景
the dogs all represent human types…
所有戏份都是讲人类的
which is where it gets into real trouble.
问题就在这儿
Lady, the ostensible protagonist…
表面上的主角淑女狗
is a fluffy, blonde cocker spaniel with absolutely nothing on her brain.
是一只漂亮无脑的可卡犬
She’s great-looking, but – let’s be honest – incredibly insipid.
她很漂亮 但也很乏味
Tramp, the love interest…
爱情的男主角流氓
is a smarmy braggart of the most obnoxious kind –
是个油腔滑调 爱吹牛的讨厌家伙
an oily jailbird out for a piece of tail or whatever he can get.
刚从监狱出来 总是想偷点什么东西
Oh, come on. No, he’s a selfconfessed chicken thief.
拜托 他承认自己是偷鸡贼