I just think the situation ‘s kind of awkward.
我觉得这样怪怪的
What do you want me to do, promise not to talk to him anymore?
你叫我怎样 以后都不理他了?
I’m sure you know perfectly well how to subtly get a guy to cool it if you really wanted to.
只要你有心 让他对你死心还不容易
♪ Turn it upside down ♪
倒转过来
♪ Hey, yeah ♪

♪ Love to hear percussion ♪
喜欢听打击乐
♪ – Whoa – Love to hear it ♪
喔 喜欢听
♪ Flute player, play your flute ♪
笛子手 吹起来吧
♪ ‘Cause I know that you want to get your thing off, ♪
“我知道你想表现自己
Oh, damn.

“Oh, damn”? Thanks.
“操”?谢谢
You’re here to see Van? You don 7 mind, do you?
你来找范? 你不介意吧
Well, I sorta do. I hate asking that guy for favours.
我介意 我不喜欢求他办事
They’re not gonna keep me on much longer if I can’t get clients into the club.
如果我不能带客户来夜店 就要被炒鱿鱼
It’s that important to you to stay in advertising?
你一定要留在广♥告♥业吗?
Okay. Better see him while he’s still on his upswing.
好 最好趁他高兴的时候见他
Drink chip?
要饮料卡吗?
Hey, Des.
嘿 德斯
Hi. God. What happened to you?
嗨 天 你怎么回事?
Jesus, Josh. You’re a mess. I’m a mess.
天啊 乔什 你太逍遥了 我是逍遥
I gotta talk to you. You sure you don’t want to clean up a little?
我要跟你谈谈 你不用洗洗吗?
It’s kinda serious.
我有重要的事
I’ll look for Alice and Charlotte, see if they’ve come in.
我找找爱丽丝和夏洛蒂 看他们来了没
♪ – Whoa-ohh-ohh – Love to hear it ♪
喔喔 喜欢听 喜欢听
That’s Audrey Rouget.
她就是奥黛丽·休格
The youngest person ever to be made an editor in the history of Farrar, Straus.
法拉尔·史特劳斯出版社历来最年轻的编辑
How do you know her? She interviewed me.
你怎么认识她的? 她面试过我
How did it go?
结果怎样?
Have you ever been in an interview and gotten the impression
你有没有这样的经历
they see through you completely?
就是面试官一眼就看穿了你?
♪ Turn the beat around ♪
转换节奏吧
I didn’t get an offer.
那次面试失败了
You don’t want to clean up a little? No.
你真的不用洗把脸? 不用
You know, you look really bad.
你的样子一团糟
I know. That’s actually good in my work. It puts people at ease.
我知道 在工作中这是个优势 可以让别人放心
Looking like this, they feel, frankly, superior to me
别人见到我这样 都觉得自己高人一等
and say things they ordinarily wouldn’t.
平时不会说的话也说了
It’s very disarming.
很能让别人放松警惕
Phew! What happened?
怎么回事?
I was having drinks with some friends in the Village,
我在乡村酒吧跟朋友喝酒
and there was this terrible guy…
看到一个凶恶的男人欺负女孩子
really bothering this girl, so I decided to intervene…
我就决定英雄救美
but it turns out they were married.
没料到他们是夫妻
What’s this now? You’re not here on official business, are you?
这是做什么?你来这里不是公事吧?
Knowing that we went to college together, they asked me to talk to you.
上面知道我们是同学 就叫我来跟你谈
Who is “they”?
上面是谁?
I can’t tell you.
无可奉告
I couldn’t believe you’d be involved in the kinds of things that have been going on here…
真不敢相信 你会参与这种事
and told them so.
就告诉了他们
I consider you a person of some integrity, except,
我还以为你是个正直的人
you know, in your relations with women.
女人方面除外
♪ No, I don’t know if it’s right ♪
不知道我这样做对不对
♪ To let you make love to me ♪
今晚让你跟我做♥爱♥
♪ Tonight ♪
今晚
♪ I don’t know if I should ♪
“我不知道是否应该
♪ Give my love to you ♪
把爱情给你
♪ When I know you’re no good ♪
明知你一无是处
No, I don’t wanna play that stuff. All right. I’ll let him know.
我不想玩这个 好的 我告诉他
Take the tortoise and the hare.
比如龟兔赛跑的故事
Okay, the tortoise won one race.
乌龟赢了一局
Do you think that hare is really gonna lose any more races to turtles?
但是兔子以后还会输给乌龟吗?
Not on your life.
当然不会
I like that tortoise. So do I.
我喜欢乌龟 我也喜欢
But if you were a betting person, would you say…
但是如果要赌博 你会不会说
“That tortoise won against the hare. In future races, I’m backing him”? No.
因为乌龟赢了一局 以后我就买♥♥乌龟赢
That race was almost certainly a fluke, and afterwards…
那场比赛简直是无效的
the tortoise is still a tortoise, and the hare a hare.
乌龟还是乌龟 兔子还是兔子
Domestic beer. A Bud. Mmhmm.
国产啤酒 百威 嗯
Vodka tonic, please.
伏特加汤力水
Um, I’ll just have a Coca-Cola.
我喝可乐
You’re not drinking?
你不喝酒?
Alice is not having a cocktail? I can’t believe it.
爱丽丝不喝酒?真不敢相信
Well, I’m not. What is it?
我是不喝 怎么回事?
Do you have strep throat, or some flu you’re taking antibiotics for?
你是不是感冒了喉咙痛 在吃抗生素?
Oh, my God. You have the clap, don’t you?
哦 我知道了 你有淋病
You’re on antibiotics, and the doctor told you not to drink or something.
你在吃抗生素 医生叫你不要喝酒
That’s why you’re not drinking.
怪不得了
Usually there’s no coming between Alice and a cocktail.
爱丽丝平时都喝酒的
Oh, my God.
我的天
No, I’m sure I’m right. The bottle of tetracycline on her bureau top.
我说的肯定没错 她抽屉里有瓶四环素
Tetracycline’s specific for the clap.
四环素就是专治淋病的
How could you say that?
你怎么这样说话?
Come on. Everyone gets something.
这有什么 谁身上没点儿病啊
♪ Love’s gone behind ♪
爱情已经过去
♪ Lost inside ♪
消失在心里
♪ Adorable illusion and I cannot hide ♪
可爱的幻觉 我无法隐藏
♪ I’m the one you’re using, Please don’t push me aside ♪
你利用了我 请别推开我
♪ We could have made it cruising Yeah ♪
我们可以在一起
Alice.
爱丽丝
I am so, so sorry. I should never have said that.
对不起 我不该这么说
I have some sort of sick compulsion to say everything that occurs to me.
我心里藏不住事 想什么就说什么
I just want to let you know, as soon as I can find a new rooming situation,
我跟你说 一找到合租的机会
I’m moving out.
我马上搬家
I can’t take it anymore. That’s not possible. You’re not serious.
我忍♥不下去了 你不是认真的吧
Just let me know when you’re ready to go. Okay.
走的时候叫我就好 好的
Please, Alice.
求你了 爱丽丝
Rooming with you and Holly
跟你和荷莉合租
has been the most important thing to happen to me in my life.
是我一生最重要的事了
You’re the first women friends I’ve ever had.
你是我第一个女性朋友
The anger you’re feeling now is actually more justified than you know.
我知道你恨我 你应该恨我
When we were at Hampshire, I really hated you.
在汉普郡的时候 我非常恨你
You seemed so moralistic and judgmental.
你太一本正经了 而且喜欢挑剔人
I had no idea then how you really were.
我不知道你是什么样的人
When guys wanted to ask you out, I talked them out of it.
有人想约你的话 我就劝他们不要约
Oh, my God. I can’t believe how evil I was. But I’ve completely changed.
天 我真是太坏了 但是我已经变了
If you’ll give me another chance, I’ll be the best friend you’ve ever had.
再给我一个机会 我将是你最好的朋友
If the apartment situation weren’t so impossible, I’d move out now.
如果能找到人合租 我现在就搬走
I can understand how you’d feel that way. You’re right to.
我明白你的感受 你说的对
But things aren’t always as they seem.
不过 看问题不能只看表面
Bad and inexcusable as what I said back there might have been…
虽然我刚才的话不可饶恕
I think you’ll find it’ll actually improve your reputation with these guys enormously.
但它却能改善你在男人那里的口碑
You’ll be more popular than ever. Watch.
你肯定越来越受欢迎 等着瞧吧
V.D.’s not all bad.
I性病没什么不好的
You’ll find there are actually positive aspects to it.
你会发现它也有积极的一面
What?
什么?
Well, you know that “please inform all previous partners” thing?
你知道 要通知以前所有性♥伴♥侣♥吧?
It’s actually a terrific way…
这样一来
to get back in touch with guys you might have liked but have lost contact with.
你就可以重新联♥系♥那些你喜欢的男人了
Just in my own experience, it’s twice led to renewed relationships…
就我个人经验 这样做往往可以
with guys that lasted quite a while and were really sweet.
与那些有过一段缠绵时光的男友 再续前缘
I’m not talking about herpes infections,
我不是说疙疹那些
which are far more serious and apparently incurable.
那就太严重了
Just standard V.D. and other conditions easily treatable with antibiotics.
而是普通的性病 用抗生素可以治疗的
God, are you following me or something?
操 你在跟踪我吗?
You said you weren’t taking anything.
你说自己没吸毒
Well, I’m not. It was a gift. I never buy the stuff.
确实没有 这是别人送的礼物 我从来不买♥♥这玩意
Anyway, it hardly affects me. Oh, no.
另外 它不影响我 不是吧
Actually, what I’m high about is the situation with Alice.
我兴奋是因为爱丽丝的事
This makes her seem much more accessible.
看来她也不是高不可攀
She’s not operating on a plane so far removed from the rest of us.
其实她跟我们也差不了多少

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!