就是说 呃 如果没什么 意外发生
That is, if, uh, nothing untoward occurs.
例如你也参予这件离婚案
Such as you being mixed up in a divorce case yourself.
呃 没错
Uh, yes.
你尽兴狂欢后却说
In that first careless rapture of yours
自已一点也不在乎这回事
you said you didn’t care what happened.
亲爱的 你也该替我想想
My dear, you must think of it from my point of view.
法律就像凯撒夫人一样 必须免受嫌疑
The law, like Caesar’s wife, must be above suspicion.
就算法律和凯撒夫人 共渡六星期也一样
Even when the law spends six weeks with Caesar’s wife?
看这里
Look here.
我晓得你像胆小鬼一样一直在逃避
Now I know why you’ve been running around like a scared rabbit.
刚才你竟这么故意地撒谎
Why you lied so deliberately a few minutes ago.
-我撒谎 -是的 对走廊的人撒谎
– I lied? – Yes. To those people in the corridor.
我全都听到了
I heard every word you said.
我只是不想遭受质问罢了
It was merely that I didn’t wish to be mixed up in any inquiry.
质问 就因为找不到那女人
Inquiry. Just because a little woman can’t be found –
那女孩是小题大作 那女士要真失踪了
That girl was making a fuss. If the woman had disappeared…
而我又承认那咱们就成了 重要目击者
and I’d admitted having seen her, we might become vital witnesses.
我的名字很可能会跟你一起见报
My name might even appear in the papers, coupled with yours.
丑闻将一发不可收拾
Why, a scandal like that might lead anywhere.
一发不可收拾
Anywhere.
的确 我想可能会如此
Yes. I suppose it might.
-没有人 -没有人
– Nobody? – Nobody.
我那边情况好比
Well, the only thing that came out
纸袋里的滤镜
my side was two bits of orange peel and a paper bag.
我知佛洛伊太太 她就如你我般真实
I know there’s a Miss Froy. She’s as real as you are.
是你这么说 你相信她存在
That’s what you say, and you believe it,
并非表示每个人都这么想
but there doesn’t appear to be anybody else who’s seen her.
我想我见过她
I saw her, I think.
-真的 -一个小女人身穿苏格兰服
– You did? – A little woman in tweeds.
-是的 -身穿中长大衣
– Yes? – Wearing a three-quarter coat?
还有围巾
With a scarf?
没错 我见你和她通过车厢房♥间的
That’s right. I saw her with you when you passed the compartment.
我就知道自已没错 但你先生说他没看见
I knew I was right. But your husband said he hadn’t seen her.
他没有留意
Oh, he didn’t notice.
但他一跟我提起 我马上就想起来了
But as soon as he mentioned it, I remembered at once.
你赢了 这需要行动起来
You win. You know, this calls for action.
你愿出来作证吗
Are you prepared to make a statement?
-当然 这才帮的上忙 -啊 对不起
– Of course. If it helps. – Ah. Pardon.
我的病人刚到 染了最奇特的并发症
My patient has just arrived. The most fascinating complication.
有好消息告诉你 这位女士确实见过佛洛伊太太
We’ve some news for you. This lady actually saw Miss Froy.
-那么 我们得搜车了
– So… – We’re going to have the train searched.
你可能得改变看法了 医生
You’ll have to think of a fresh theory now, Doctor.
没必要
It is not necessary.
我看法没错 事实在误导人
My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading.
我希望你早点找到你的同伴 失陪了
I hope you will find your friend. Excuse me.
-需要我的话 来这儿找我 -会的 快来
– I’ll be in here if you want me. – Right you are. Come along.
艾里克
Eric.
我刚在外头跟那女孩说 我看到她朋友
I was only going to mention that I told that girl I’d seen her friend.
什么 你在发神经吗
What’s that? Have you taken leave of your senses?
相反 是我主动找他们说的
On the contrary, I’ve come to them.
这话什么意思
What do you mean?
丑闻一旦发生 马上就会离婚
If there’s a scandal, there’d be a divorce.
你不会让我失望 不是吗
You couldn’t let me down, could you?
你就算不情愿 也必须体面地去做
You’d have to do the decent thing as reluctantly
因为你别无选择
as only you know how.
你忘了一件很重要的事 玛格丽特
You forget one very important thing, Margaret.
你丈夫会跟你离婚的 我确定
Your husband would divorce you. I’ve no doubt.
但是不管发生什么事情
But whatever happens,
我妻子绝对不会跟我离婚
my wife will never divorce me.
这对你来讲可能很疯狂
It may seem crazy to you,
但我必须告诉你 你要到火车上找
but I tell you. You’re going to search the train.
啊 小姐 他们在下面找你呢
Ah! Signorina. Down there they look for you.
-你的朋友 她回来了 -回来了
– Your friend. She come back. – Come back?
-是的是的 -但出了什么事
– Si. Si. – But what happened?
你去看吧 她会告诉你的
Oh. You go see. She tell you. Scusi.
谢谢 好了 放松点 艾塞斯坦
Thanks. All right, Athelstan. Relax.
危险时期已经过去了
The crisis is over.
来吧 我们跟那位女士 一起吧
Come on. Let’s join the lady.
-我们到了 -佛洛伊太太
– Here we are. – Miss Froy.
那不是佛洛伊太太
That isn’t Miss Froy.
-不是 -不是
– Isn’t it? – No.
尽管听起来很愚蠢 但我想问
I say, it’s a silly thing to say,
你是不是佛洛伊太太
but are you Miss Froy?
不 我是库默尔女士
No. I am Madame Kummer.
她说你被人打了头以后
She says she helped you into the carriage after
她扶你进了车厢
you got the biff on the head,
然后就去看她朋友了
then went to see friends.
男爵夫人说看到跟说英语的女士聊天
The baroness says that as you spoke about an English lady,
她没有想到那是库默尔女士
she didn’t connect her with Madame Kummer.
但那不是我见到的女士 她是佛洛伊小姐
But she wasn’t the lady I saw. It was Miss Froy.
燕麦色的斜纹软呢服 宽上衣 蓝色丝质手帕
Oatmeal tweeds, blouse, blue silk handkerchief.
是的 是的 我知道
Yes. Yes, I know.
所有东西都是一样的 但那不是她
Everything’s the same, but it isn’t her.
麻烦你重复一次
I beg your pardon.
你第一次见到佛洛伊小姐是什么时候
When did you say you first met this Miss Froy?
昨晚在宾馆
Last night at the hotel.
她那时也穿着同样的衣服吗
Oh. And was she wearing a costume like this?
-我想是的 -那么我必须道歉了
– Yes. I think so. – Then I must apologize.
-你确实见到了她 -那么
– You did meet her after all. – Then –
但不是在这列车上 而是在你的潜意识中
But not on this train. In your subconscious mind…
你下意识地将库默尔女士的脸
you substituted for the face of Madame Kummer
换成是佛洛伊太太的了
that of Miss Froy.
但我没有 决不可能
But I didn’t. I couldn’t have,
我告诉你 我就在这里跟她说话了
I tell you. I talked to her here.
那很容易解释
That’s very easily settled.
有一个英国妇女说她确实见到了她
There’s an Englishwoman who said she saw her.
如果这位女士不介意的话 女士
If this lady wouldn’t mind – Madame…
这人多有语言天赋啊
Bon. Après vous, mesdames. What a gift for languages a fellow’s got.
我很抱歉 麻烦你能不能告诉我们
I’m so sorry. Would you tell us, please,
你是不是见到这位女士了
is this the woman you saw?
她跟她很像 不是吗
It isn’t a bit like her, is it?
没错 就是她
Yes, she’s the woman.
-但实际上不是 不是 -你确定
– But it isn’t, I tell you. It isn’t. – Are you sure?
-一万分确定 -不是她 不是她
– Perfectly. – She isn’t. She isn’t.
那么 不好意思了 是我打搅了
Well, come on, then. I’m so sorry to have troubled you.
难道你不打算说点什么吗
Well, aren’t you going to say anything?
你至少也 心满意足了吧
You might at least gloat, if nothing else.
你想我说什么 你这么做只是为了你自已
What am I expected to say? You only did it to save your own skin.
她在撒谎 我从她的脸看得出来
She was lying. I saw it in her face.
他们都在撒谎 可是为什么
They’re all lying, but why? Why?
你为什么不坐下来 好好冷静
Now, why don’t you sit down and take it easy?
你难道相信这种无稽之谈
Do you believe this nonsense
把佛洛伊的脸想象成库默尔的
about substituting Miss Froy’s face for Madame Kummer’s?
我想变化是有可能的
Well, I think any change would be an improvement.
听着 佛洛伊太太在火车上
Listen, Miss Froy was on this train.
我知道的 别人不可能骗得了我
I know she was, and nothing will convince me otherwise.
你难道一定要象宠物狗一样 转来转去吗
Must you follow me round like a pet dog?
恩 比喻成看门狗还好点 我比它们的直觉更好
Oh. Well, let’s say a watchdog. I’ve got all the better instincts.
再见
Good-bye.
医生是对的 你也对了
The doctor was right. You’re all right.
我没有在火车上见到佛洛伊太太
I never saw Miss Froy on the train.
那件事没有发生 我现在知道了
It didn’t happen. I know now.
我很高兴你能认识过来
I’m glad you’re gonna take it like that.
你应该做的就是把这一切完全忘掉
What you want to do is to forget all about it.
从脑海里完全抹掉
Just make your mind a complete blank.
你知道吗 看着我你不会有事的
You know? Watch me. You can’t go wrong.
恩 那么 吃点东西好不好
Well, what about a spot of something to eat, huh?
-什么都可以 -好的 来吧
– Anything. – That’s right. Come along.
啊
Ah.
-你想不想来点空气 -谢谢
– Oh. Would you like a little air? – Thanks.