等我的律师搞垮了你 我要夺走你的一切
When my lawyers are done with you, I’ll be living in your house!
-请您节哀顺变 太太 -节哀
– Sorry for your loss, ma’am. – Sorry?
-我们走 我们走 -走着瞧吧
– Let’s go, let’s go! – You will be!
汉克 走吧
Hank, come on!
你少他妈跟我假惺惺
And you can shove all that “Ma’am” shit.
-妈妈 -走
– Mom. – Go.
-我认识你 你不是什么好孩子 -妈妈
– I recognize you. You’re no altar boy. – Mom.
妈妈 走吧
Mom, come on.
走吧 走吧 走吧
Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go.
那些人为什么那么生气
Why were those people so mad?
她往车上吐口水
She spit on the window.
爸爸是个法官
Dad’s a judge, you know?
有时候他得做出一些艰难的抉择
Sometimes he has to make difficult decisions.
有个女孩
There was a girl.
她叫什么名字
What was her name?
霍普·史蒂芬斯
Hope Stevens.
那个人名叫马克·布莱克维尔 曾跟格伦一样上高中
There was a guy, Mark Blackwell. He was a senior, like Glen.
霍普是他的女朋友 刚到16岁
Hope was his girlfriend, just turned 16.
他拿了把九毫米口径手♥枪♥把她家射了个稀巴烂
He took a .38 to her house, shot the place up.
-能说点别的吗 -我没懂 为什么…
– Can we talk about something else? – I don’t get it. Why…?
他在她的卧室外开枪
He shot out her bedroom windows.
就因为交往半年后的一些小摩擦
Angry over whatever kids get angry about
让他非常生气
when they’ve been dating for what, six months?!
你听我说
Now, you listen to me.
他站在法庭上 哭得跟个迷路的小孩一样
He stood in court and wept like a lost child.
他说当时是喝醉了 以后再也不会了
Said he was drunk, would never do it again.
如果他想伤害她 他早就动手了
If he’d meant to hurt her, he would have.
我相信了他
I believed him!
我相信了他 我相信了他
I believed him. I believed him.
我给了他最低的量刑 三十天
I gave him the minimum, 30 days.
我还记得他被释放的那天早上
I remember the morning he got out.
我和格伦在后院
Glen and I were in the backyard,
在跟他玩 拐弯球
tinkering with his, breaking ball.
圣路易斯市 辛辛那提的投球先锋
Pitching scouts had started to come to his games,
也会来看他的比赛
from Cincinnati, Saint Louis.
但是…
But, uh…
上帝保佑 我们在玩的时候…
God help us. While we did that…
布莱克维尔…
Blackwell…
把她按进水池里淹死了
drug her down to a spill pond.
就在她屋子后45米的地方
It was about 50 yards behind her house.
他把她压在六十厘米深的水里
He hauled her into two feet of water
跪在她的胸口 直到把她淹死
and kneeled on her chest until he drowned her.
爸爸判了他二十年
Dad gave him 20 years.
他今年四月被放了出来
He got out in April.
-停车 -爸爸 别这样
– Stop the car. – Dad, come on.
他妈的 我说的是韩语吗 给我把车停下
Shit-for-brains, am I speaking Korean? Stop the goddamn car.
我要散步
I need my walk.
被目击逃离现场 血迹 动机
Leaving the scene, blood evidence, motive.
他是你法官生涯中最大的污点
Biggest mistake in your career,
而你只是恰巧撞到了他吗
and you just happen to run him over?
我随随便便都能判你有罪
I could convict you over coffee.
不过生活习惯很重要 关门 散步去吧
But no, no, routines are important. Close the door. Go.
如果血液吻合 那就没理由质疑
If the blood matches, and I have no reason to doubt it does…
我肯定是撞到了他
then I must have clipped him.
我什么都记不起来了
I don’t remember any of that.
“记不起来”在尸体面前是多么的无力
The “I don’t remember” defense doesn’t fly with a corpse.
我们要想出严谨的辩护策略
We need to establish a firm defense.
我们得在初步听证时就解决掉这事
We gotta make it all go away at the preliminary hearing.
绝不能拖到庭审
We never go to trial.
不用了 亨利 这是起事故 就这样
There’s no “We” here, Henry. This was an accident, period.
任何合格的律师都能轻松解决
Any decent lawyer can argue this easily.
合格的意思是诚实 这里的当地律师
And by “decent,” I mean honest. Someone from here.
品格正直 受印第安纳州法官尊重的当地人
Someone with integrity that an Indiana judge will respect.
我今早就物色了一个合适的 好吗
I retained one of that breed this morning. All right?
真希望我没这么讨厌你
I wish I liked you more.
天哪
Oh, boy.
-他不是那个意思 -他不是那个意思
– He didn’t mean that. – He didn’t mean that.
-真希望当初死的是他 -住嘴
– I wish he died instead of Mom. – Cut it out!
-给我住嘴 -好好看路 胆小鬼
– Just cut it out! – Eyes forward, you coward.
-怎么能这么说 -他让你跳 你问多高
– That’s awful! – He says, “Jump,” You say, “How high?”
他说 停车
He said “pull over the car.”
-汉克 你太他妈能吵吵了 -他要去哪里
– Hank, you shoot your mouth off too damn much! – Where is he going?
开车吧 小怂包 你真♥他♥妈♥是个懦夫
Driving Miss Daisy. What a fucking coward you are.
-我们是不是该跟着爸爸 -是吗
– Maybe we should follow Dad. – Should I?
我服了
Oh, God.
你们是没长蛋蛋吗 胆量都让狗吃了
Where were you two when they were distributing testicles?
-妈的 我走了 -好啊 好啊
– Fuck it, I’m out. – Good. Good!
法官 你要去哪
Hey, judge, where you going?
印第安纳州立监狱在这边
Indiana State Penitentiary is this way.
去死吧
Kiss my ass.
我们的蛋蛋是真的被狗吃了吗
What line were we in when they were distributing testicles?
你知道我必须得去 对吗
You know I have to go, right?
我爱你
I love you.
你是来听的 不是来说的 懂吗
You’re here to listen, not talk, okay?
你知道吗 正宗水银玻璃
You know, the great thing
一大优点在于它的双层壁结构
about authentic mercury glass is the double-wall.
看到没 还有底部
See that in there? And right on the bottom.
“新英格兰玻璃公♥司♥” 真是个好东西
“New England Glass company.” What a great find.
伙计们 你们要不去我楼上的办公室吧
Guys, you wanna head upstairs to my office?
沃伦法官处理本案 你认识他吗 先生
Judge Warren caught it. You know him, sir?
认识
Yes, I do.
他很强势 很公正
He’s tough, he’s fair…
还很有个性
and full of himself.
他们指派了一名特别检察官 德怀特·迪克姆
They assigned a special prosecutor, Dwight Dickham?
盖瑞来的 为什么要大老远地过来
Out of Gary? I wonder why so far.
初步听证定在下周五
The preliminary hearing is set for next Friday.
我们有麻烦了
We’re in a bit of a pickle.
情况很明确 CP
It’s pretty straightforward, C.P.
-当时天很黑… -等等
– It was dark… – Hold up.
你觉得你的特长是什么
What would you say your strong suit is,
古董鉴定还是法律 快说
old furniture or law? Quick.
-法律 法律 -法学院
– Law. Law. – Law school?
是的
Yes?
你这回答是指你知道这个词
Yes, you’re familiar with the concept
还是你有法学院文凭
or you attended one?
没上过法学院是不能当律师的
You can’t practice law without going to law school.
有啊 瓦尔帕
Yeah, Valpo.
瓦尔帕 瓦尔帕莱索
Valpo? Valparaiso?
那里… 我妈又来
It’s, uh… Ugh, Mom.
说了好多遍别把瓦尔帕莱索毕业证书挡住
I told her not to cover the Valparaiso.
真是的 我就讨厌她把书都堆在这里
Come on. I hate when she stacks books here.
就在印第安纳州 你有没有出州念大学
It’s, uh, here in Indiana. Did you go out of state?
西北大学
Northwestern.
哇 一流法学院院校啊
Wow. That’s a dandy of a school.
打过陪审团审案的官司吗
Ever defended in a jury trial?
-打过 -罪名
– Yes, I have. – Charge?
-伤人罪 -几级
– Assault. – Degree?
-三♥级♥ -判决结果
– Third. – Verdict?
被判有罪
It was a guilty verdict.
布雷克利教练在校友会比赛半场休息时
Coach Blakely broke a clipboard over his quarterback’s head…
用夹记板砸了四分卫的脑袋
during halftime at the homecoming game.
-我帮他解释下… -不觉得太晚了吗
– Now, in his defense… – Now he gets one.
小约翰戴着头盔
John Jr. had his helmet on.
-他就一直在卖♥♥弄 对吧 -你坐下
– He just keeps selling, doesn’t he? – Sit down.
顺便提一句
Just so you know…
在校期间暑假我在
summers I interned at
印第安纳州西南部城市
埃文斯维尔的公役辩护办公室实习过
the public defender’s office in Evansville.
毕业后 我在印第安纳州最高法♥院♥
After graduation, I also clerked two years for
给罗伯茨法官当了两年书♥记♥员
Justice Roberts on the Indiana Supreme Court.
那段经历真是 哇 挺有意思的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!