Ran the snakes out of Indiana, and don’t ask me how.
超度祷告
是爱尔兰 赶出爱尔兰
Ireland. Out of Ireland.
你总是说蛇 但那人叫帕特里克 不是弗朗西斯
Snakes are your constant, but St. Patrick, not St. Francis…
而且是爱尔兰 不是印第安纳
and it was Ireland, not Indiana.
相信我 没人会驱散印第安纳的爬行动物
Trust me, no one’s dispersing reptiles in Indiana.
-你当时在场吗 -很显然没有
– Were you there? – Obiviously I was not there.
或许你说得对
Maybe you’re right.
汉克·帕莫大驾光临卡林维尔
Hank Palmer in Carlinville.
他来了
There he is.
主红雀是州鸟…
The cardinal is the state bird and…
-来了 -格伦
– Hey. – Hey, Glen.
我们几分钟前才见面
I just saw you a few minutes ago.
你的车停哪了
Where’d you park?
-在街上 -我停在…
– I’m on the street. – I’m parked up…
想在大停车场里找到车位 得想其他办法
Tried to get a space in the big lot. I had to go around.
-不过最后找到了 -给你
– But eventually I found one. – Here you go.
-你家人呢 -来不了 上学呢
– Where’s the family? – Couldn’t make it. School.
原来芝加哥的孩子暑假也要上课
Oh. I didn’t know kids in Chicago go to school in the summer.
不上课… 他们就是… 反正只有我一个人
There isn’t. They just do… They got… I’m alone.
怎么回事
What’s the story?
-没什么可说的 -是吗
– There is no story. – Huh.
威廉姆斯先生 你还有什么要说的
Do you have anything else to say for yourself, Mr. Williams?
对于目前的情况 还有什么信息要提供吗
Anything that would enlighten us concerning your situation?
你想听什么
What do you wanna hear?
反正 我找不到工作
You know, nobody’s hiring.
在萝卜里是找不到菠菜的
You can’t get spinach out of a turnip.
我付不起子女抚养费
I can’t afford to pay child support.
付不起
You can’t, huh?
门外停着的 是你的新卡车吗
That your new truck out front?
哪个
Which one?
-嗯 -“嗯”在法庭上不具备…
– Yeah. – “‘Yeah’ is not an affirmation…”
“嗯”在法庭上不具备承认效力
“Yeah” is not an affirmation a man uses in court.
-是的 先生 法官阁下 -钥匙
– Yes, sir… Judge, Your Honor. – Keys.
快点 扔过来
Go on. Pitch them.
然后…
And, uh…
-是奥戈斯塔斯 法官 -好的 戈斯
– Augustus, judge. – Yeah, of course. Gus.
请你把钥匙给威廉姆斯先生的前妻
Would you give those to Mr. Williams’ ex-wife, please?
然后押他到那辆不属于他的卡车旁边
Then escort Mr. Williams to his ex-truck.
你把这车转到她的名下
You’re gonna sign that vehicle over to her.
还有你女士 去德威尼摩托店
And you, ma’am, are gonna go down to DeVaney Motors…
找麦克·德威尼 而不是他的二愣儿子
ask for Mike DeVaney, the father, not the nitwit son…
把你的新卡车卖♥♥给他
and sell your new truck back to him…
就按那个萝卜当时出的原价
for whatever the turnip there put down on it.
-这不公平 -再说一句废话试试
– This ain’t fair… – Hey! One more word. Go on.
看看你
Look around you.
你现在站在这个城市中
You’re standing in one of
最有名的一座教堂里
the last great cathedrals in this country…
它建立的前提是你的一切孤苦
built on the premise that you and you alone are responsible…
都是为自己的行动赎的罪
for the consequences of your actions.
还觉得不公平吗 好吧
Now, you still want fair? All right.
朝北走 走到印第安纳波利斯再停下
Head north. Stop when you get to Indianapolis.
那里有牵引车拉车比赛 棉花糖
Tractor pulls, cotton candy…
爆米花 世界上最大的腌牛
kettle corn and the world’s largest steer.
八月的第一周去吧 你会喜欢的
First week in August. You’ll love it.
不对 我忘了 等等
Oh, I forgot. Wait, wait, wait.
你没车了
You don’t have a truck.
谢谢您 法官阁下
Thank you very much, Judge.
女士 知道事情为什么会这样吗
Want me to tell you what causes that, ma’am?
谢谢大家 非常感谢你们的出席
Thank you, fellas. Appreciate you all being here.
-甜甜圈店铺谁看着呢 -哈哈
– But who’s out guarding the doughnut shop? – Ha, ha.
-她是个好女人 约瑟夫 -是的
– She was a good woman, Joseph. – Yes, she was.
有什么需要就跟我和格蕾丝说
Grace and I are here if you need anything.
很感谢 谢谢
Thank you so much. Thank you.
-我们都爱玛丽 -谢谢 我很感动
– We all loved Mary. – Thank you. It means a lot to me.
请节哀顺变
Sorry for your loss.
我们一直是好朋友
Good friends, always.
-很高兴看到你 -局长 好人
– Good to see you, sir. – Chief. Good man. Hey.
谢谢你们来 很感谢
Thanks for coming. Appreciate it.
没错 全体警队出动
Yeah. Whole force out, huh?
亨利
Henry.
-法官 -嗯
– Judge. – Yeah.
-小乔尼 -节哀
– Oh, Johnny Boy. Yeah. – I’m so sorry.
-约瑟夫 -谢谢你 罗丝
– Joseph. – Yeah. Thank you, Rose.
我要洗个澡好好睡一觉
I’m gonna shower up and hit the rack.
格伦 明天管好你的孩子们
Uh, Glen, make sure you hold your boys together tomorrow.
让他们别唧唧喳喳闹个不停
We don’t want a lot of caterwauling.
-遵命 法官 -好
– Will do, Judge. – Yeah.
汉克 我知道你很久没回家了
I get it’s been a while, Hank…
但把车倒进车位停好
but backing a car into a driveway
方便下次开出
to make getting out easier
是亘古不变的
is a concept…
-真理 -谢教诲
– not dulled by time. – Thank you.
-是吧 -知道了
– Right? – Got it.
都是一家人 别客气
Be my guest. Please.
-你咋样 -我得给花浇水
– How you doing? – I had to water the plants.
明天的葬礼能老老实实待着吗
You gonna be okay at the funeral tomorrow?
那就好 要是你敢拿出摄像机
Yeah. That camera makes an appearance,
你很清楚我会怎么处理它吧
we both know where it’s heading, right?
塞我屁♥眼♥里
Up my ass.
真乖
Good man.
难熬的一天啊
Tough day.
守灵的时候 他和别人都是拥抱
At the wake, he shakes my hand
跟我却只是握个手
while he’s hugging everyone else.
这家真♥他♥妈♥和毕加索的画作一样荒谬
This family’s a fucking Picasso painting.
你房♥间里塞满了老爸的重要东西
Your room has all Dad’s important stuff.
难以置信…
It’s crazy. I mean…
是魔力八号♥球[占卜类小玩具]
Magic 8-Ball.
确实是
It is certain.
飞鹿餐厅
汉克 要吃早饭吗
Hey, Hank. Want some breakfast?
要吃就赶快
Better hustle if you do.
“汉克 一起去快餐店吃早饭吗”
“Hey, Hank, going to breakfast at the diner. Care to join?”
“好啊 啥时候”
“Okay, when?”
“现在就去”
“Right now.”
“好吧 那我能先去穿裤子吗”
“Oh, yeah. Can I throw on some pants?”
“当然 都是一家人嘛
“Sure. You’re a family member.
我们愿意等等你”
We are prepared to offer you that consideration.”
这些话很难说出口吗
Any of that sound reasonable?
35年来我每周六都来这里…
Coming here every Saturday for the last 35…
我忘了 今天主角是你啊
Oh, I forgot, today’s about you.
一杯咖啡
Coffee.
我们走
Let’s go.
一会见 汉克
We’ll see you there, Hank.
我一会就来
I’ll be right along.
他还是会影响你的心情吗
Still letting him wind you up?
萨姆
Sam.
亨利
Henry.
没想到你还在这工作呢
I’m surprised you still work here.
我… 不是嘲讽
I– In a good way, you know,
是看到自己认识的人和二十年前一样
in the way that people are surprised when somebody you know is…
还在做同一份工作而感到吃惊…
you discover they’ve had the same job for…
我还是闭嘴吧
20 years… Stop it.
你还没秃顶呢
You kept your hair.
你可真是瞎费劲 白担心一场了
Like sawing sawdust, all that worry for nothing.
还有什么担心成真了吗
Any other fears come true?
有 就是此时此刻
Yes. Just now.
重逢前女友们
Old girlfriends, seeing them.
别盯着我看了 我知道我漂亮
Stop staring. I know I look good.
你妈妈去世 节哀顺变
I’m sorry about your mom.
我和她关系挺好的
She and I stayed close.
我周二才刚见过她

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!