I love how you hate a bully while you’re being one.
但你没完没了地猜疑别人
But your constant second-guessing of others,
那些扯淡的预言
that crystal-ball bullshit?
还有你经常嘴贱 说出来的话冷血无情
That hyper-verbal vocabulary-vomit thing that you do.
我感受不到你了 汉克
I disappeared around you, Hank.
再说一遍
Say it again.
所有吗
All of it?
陪审团入席 全体起立
Jury entering. All rise.
请就坐
Be seated.
佛尔曼先生 陪审团是否已有判决
Mr. Foreman, have you reached a verdict?
是的 法官阁下
We have, Your Honor.
就印第安纳州起诉
What say you in the matter
约瑟夫·帕莫一级谋杀罪一案
of the State of Indiana v. Joseph Palmer…
陪审团做出何种判决
on the charge of murder in the first degree?
陪审团认定被告无罪
We find the defendant not guilty.
其次 对于他是否犯有故意杀人罪有何判决
And on the lesser included charge of voluntary manslaughter?
陪审团认定罪名成立
We find the defendant guilty.
肃静
Order.
请法官阁下宣判刑期
Move for sentencing, Your Honor.
本案发生 实属悲剧
This case has been a most tragic occurrence…
我需要对此进行一个合理的量刑
as I am required to impose an appropriate sentence.
但正如你最熟悉不过的 先生…
But as you know all too well, sir…
工作职责所在
that is the job.
因此我判你
I am therefore sentencing
在州立监狱刑期四年
you to serve four years in state prison.
判决立即生效
Sentence is to begin forthwith.
法警请收押帕莫法官
Deputy, please take Judge Palmer into custody.
肃静
Order.
爸爸 爸爸
Dad? Dad?
-怎么了 -爸爸
– Yeah. Yeah. – Dad.
我一直都以你为荣 永远都如此
I’ve always been proud of you. Always will be.
-知道 -永远以你为荣
– Yeah. – Always will be.
-过来 跟爸爸告别 -过来
– Come here. Say goodbye to Dad. – Come here.
听着 你是男子汉 不是小男孩儿了
Listen to me. You’re a strong man, not a boy, okay?
现在我要你
I need you to look after
替我照顾你哥哥 你能做到吗
your brother for me. Now, can you do that?
-可以吗 -可以 爸爸
– Okay? – Okay, Dad.
我知道这部相机对你来说是心理安慰
And this camera. I know it’s a buffer for you.
可以用
Use it.
但你不是离不开它 懂吗
But you don’t need it. Okay?
懂了 爸爸
Okay, Dad.
好了
Okay.
陪审团的各位 谢谢你们的出席
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, thank you for your service.
你们可以离席了
You’re excused.
现在休庭
This court is adjourned.
-你们打算上诉吗 -不了
– Do we expect an appeal? – No.
这个国家90%的人都相信有鬼
Ninety percent of the country believes in ghosts…
相信进化论的人不到三分之一
less than a third in evolution.
35%的人
Thirty-five percent can…
能一眼认出霍默·辛普森
correctly identify Homer Simpson
以及他所居住的镇子
and the town in which he resides.
知道瑟古德·马歇尔的不足1%[曾担任美国最高法♥院♥大♥法♥官]
Less than 1 percent knows the name Thurgood Marshall.
但是当你把12个美国人
But when you put 12 Americans
组成一个陪审团并要求他们履行正义时
together on a jury and you ask for justice…
误判这种事确实会发生
something just south of brilliance happens.
通常而言 他们是对的
Often as not, they get it right.
话说…
You know, uh…
我们花了6周时间
…six weeks we prepped
帮波克的情妇做准备 以应对无♥耻♥的汉克·帕莫
Burke’s mistress for the infamous Hank Palmer cross.
你却对她手下留情了
And you went easy on her.
我有吗
I did?
这可能会葬送你的前程
Might cost you your job.
怎么说呢 有时候输了
Well, you know, when you lose…
就是输了
you lose.
如果你处于连胜势头 那就…
And when you’re on a streak, you know, you just…
乘胜追击
stick with it.
印第安纳州监狱
7个月后
人道释放申请书
德怀特·迪克姆
签字后就可以把人接走了
Sign here and here to take possession.
你看起来不错 感觉够暖和吗
You look good. You warm enough?
-够 -太热了吗
– Yeah. – Too warm?
别唠叨了
Knock it off.
格伦和戴尔去多搞些鱼饵了
Glen and Dale stopped for more bait.
记得你过去常带这些回家吗
Remember you used to bring these home?
记得 给我点儿
Yeah. Give me some.
-拿着 -我也带点儿回家
– Here. – Give me some to take home too.
-拿去 -你们几个捣蛋鬼吃起来没够
– There you go. – You little gremlins, you inhaled these.
-还记得吗 吃起来没够 -当然记得
– Remember? Inhaled them. – Sure.
直到戴尔把馅掏出来 大家都没法吃了
Till Dale jerked a filling out, ruined it for everybody.
可不
Yeah.
你妈妈把这笔账算我头上了
Your mother nailed me for it.
戴尔这熊孩子
Fucking Dale.
他最棒了
He’s the greatest.
-喝点水吗 -不用
– Want some water? – No.
你当时怀疑我还有一颗时
Remember what you’d say
会怎么说 还记得吗
if you thought I had one on me?
“我的蜂蜜糖呢 老头儿”
“Where my Bit O’ Honey, old man?”
-次次都奏效 -是的
– Worked every time. – Yeah.
是你
You are.
我吗
I am?
-是 -我是什么
– Yeah. – What?
你曾问过我 谁是我见过的最佳律师
Question you asked me about best lawyer and all?
你说是你共事过的一位律师
You picked the fella you work with.
我选择你
I choose you.
其实…
You know…
格伦本来真能成就一番事业
Glen could’ve really been something.
毫无疑问
No doubt about it.
是的
Yeah.
是啊
Yep.
赌五块钱我比你早钓到太阳鱼
Five bucks I catch a sunfish before you.
感觉运气不错
Feeling lucky.
鱼儿上钩 快上钩
Come on, come on.
什么都没有
That’s nothing.
爸爸
Dad?
爸爸
Dad?
闭上眼
Close your eyes.
绿色 橙色 变 闭上眼
Green, orange. Go. Close your eyes.
123 要关了 要合上了
One, two, three. Closing, closing, closing.
你没成功
You didn’t make it.
谢谢你安排的这一切 真好
Thanks for doing this. It’s nice.
如果你打算来找我的话
I’m gonna close the place early tonight,
我今晚会早些打烊
if you wanna come by around,
不然9点钟如何
I don’t know, 9-ish, let’s say…
我会给你留块派的
I’ll save a piece of pie for you.
-你去哪儿 -去透透气
– Where you going? – Get some air.
趁你溜之大吉之前 我想占你几分钟
I just wanted to, you know, have a moment before you run out.
-只是透透气 -明白 但你会玩消失
– Just gonna get some air. – I know, but you disappear.
我只是想…
I just wanna…
帕莫你个混♥蛋♥
Palmer, you asshole!
哥就在这儿呢
I’m right here!
哥就是这儿人
I’m from here!