Yes. But I have to live here.
你简直是要逼死我
You’re impossible to defend.

I’m…
里根后来怎么了
What happened to Reagan?
优柔寡断 和你那些所谓的传奇
You know, the jelly beans and your horseshit legacy?
所以你要以上帝之名起誓
Okay, so you’re gonna swear in, hand to God…
谎称自己记得撞了他吗
…and lie under oath that you remember hitting him?
我不会为自己不记得的事认罪 懂吗
I won’t confess to something I don’t remember doing, okay?
-你能保证吗 谢谢 -可以
– You promise? Thank you. – Yes. Yes.
-我们法庭见 -很抱歉…
– I’ll see you in court. – I’m sorry. I just…
我们法庭见
I’ll see you in court.
帕莫法官
Judge Palmer.
你愿意发誓 在法庭上
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth…
实话实说 知无不言言无不尽吗
…and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我愿意
I do.
帕莫法官 你担任法官多久了
Judge Palmer, you’ve been on the bench how long?
四十二年
Forty-two years.
你审判了多少件暴♥力♥纠纷
How many violent crimes have you ruled on in that time?
反对 被告的个人履历与本案无关
Objection. The defendant’s history as a judge is not relevant.
法官阁下
Your Honor, the state has
根据目前收集的证据
introduced evidence that suggests a motive…
本案的作案动机被认为与法官的职责有关
…for the alleged crime related to the judge’s duties.
我有权利推♥翻♥这项可笑的猜测
I’m entitled to rebut that laughable presumption.
反对无效
Overruled.
我不记得这些事
It’s not something I keep track of.
听到以下数据你会惊讶吗
Would it surprise you to learn…
你主持了17多场谋杀审判
…that you presided over 17 murder trials…
434次袭击审判
…434 assaults…
12942场民事纠纷
…12,942 civil cases?
不会惊讶
It would not.
-你有开车撞他们吗 -反对
– Did you run over any of those folks? – Objection.
收敛点 帕莫先生
Rein it in, Mr. Palmer.
刚失去了爱妻
Just lost your wife?
-是的 -结婚多久了
– Yes. – How long were you married?
五十年
Fifty years.
她怎么去世的
How did she pass?
她一上午都跪着
She spent the morning kneeling.
忙着打理她的绣球花
She fussed over her hydrangeas.
她左腿内出现了血液凝块
A blood clot formed in her left leg…
导致心脏梗塞
…and went to her heart.
事故发生当天上午 你做了什么
The day of the accident, what did you do that morning?
我埋了你母亲… 我妻子
I buried your mother… Uh, my wife.
请节哀 你当时感觉如何
Tough day. How did you feel?
很累
Tired.
很累
Tired…
很黑 还在下雨
…dark, raining.
你记得撞到了受害人吗
Do you remember hitting the victim?
不记得
I do not.
谢谢
Thank you.
我问完了
Nothing further.
能不能说你不喜欢马克·布莱克维尔
Would it be fair to say that you disliked Mark Blackwell?
可以
Yes.
希望他生病
Wished him ill?
确实
I did.
希望他死
Dead?
是的
Yes.
汉森警官作证称 你告诉他
Deputy Hanson testified that you told him…
只有你能开那辆车
…that only you were allowed to drive that car.
你的妻子都不行
Not even your late wife.
那是我的车
It’s my car.
可现在你讨厌的人
But now a man’s blood, a man that you hate…
他的血出现在只有你能开的车上
…was found on a car that only you drive.
可你不知道这是怎么回事
But you don’t know how it got there.
是的
I do not. No.
身高185 将近一百公斤的人
A six-foot-one, 220-pound man…
骑着自行车 存在感应该不低
…that’s a pretty big old boy, on a steel bicycle.
但是你却完全不记得
But you’re in the dark about it all.
反对 律师自问自答
Objection. Asked and answered.
反对无效
Overruled.
是的
Correct.
所以你在生命中最悲伤的一天
So on one of the worst days of your life…
进了便利店
…you enter the mini-mart…
看到了你憎恨的人
…you see a man you hate…
反对 争论性问题
Objection. Argumentative.
让他说完
Let him finish.
看到了你憎恨的人 几分钟后
You see a man that you hate, and minutes later…
你改变了路线
…you’ve altered your route…
你和那个人
…and both you and that man
同时出现在同一条路上
are on the same road at the same time…
只不过你的车上带着他的血
…only you’re in your car with his blood on it…
而他躺在深沟里
…and he’s in a ravine with
肾脏破裂 脊骨断裂
his kidneys ruptured and his back broken…
你却不记得撞到了他
…and you don’t remember hitting him?
是的
I do not.
是吗
Huh.
所以你的意思是
So you’re telling this court…
你愿意发誓 这个誓言你应该很清楚
…under oath, which I know you understand better than most…
一个男人在你的看守下杀了人
…that a man who killed somebody on your watch…
你放了他
…a man you released…
他淹死了一个16岁女孩
…who drowned a 16-year-old girl…
一个你无比憎恶的人
…a man that you absolutely hate…
在你最难过的一天
…on the worst day of your life…
你当时有着完美的机会
…and you have the perfect
可以还世间一个公道
opportunity to balance the scales of justice…
可你的证词却是
…and your testimony is
你没有抓住机会 没有杀他
that you didn’t seize that chance and kill him.
是的
No.
我问完了
No further questions.
那不是我的证词
That’s not my testimony.
先生 我误解了你的证词吗
Sir, how have I mischaracterized your testimony?
反对 刚刚他明明说问完了
Objection. He said no more questions.
法官阁下
Your Honor?
我的证词是…
My testimony is…
我不记得撞到了他
…that I don’t remember hitting him.
法官阁下 能不能请求休息一下
Your Honor, may I request a brief recess?
拒绝
Denied.
帕莫先生
Mr. Palmer…
帕莫法官
…Judge Palmer…
你是否认为自己故意杀了他
…do you think you killed him intentionally?
反对 引导性提问 请求收回
Objection. Calls for speculation. Move to strike.
是的
Yes.
肃静
Order.
肃静 请肃静
Order, order! Settle down.
谢谢你 法官阁下 我问完了
Thank you, Your Honor. No further questions.
再次询问 法官阁下
Redirect, judge?

Okay.
你觉得自己杀了人
So you think you did it?
-是的 -这是你”觉得”
– Correct. – Okay. You think.
但不是因为你记得撞到了他
But not because you remember hitting him.
是的
That’s right.
你的看法是 你故意撞了他
No, your opinion is you hit him on purpose.
-是吗 -我说过了 是的
– Correct? – I just said yes.
你觉得自己为什么记不得
Why do you think you can’t remember?
我妻子刚去世
My wife just died.
你有接受过任何治疗吗
Undergoing any medical treatment?
反对 是否相关
Objection. Relevance?
-与精神状态有关 法官阁下 -反对无效
– Goes to state of mind, Your Honor. – Overruled.
我们终于完事了
You and I are finally done.
-没完事 -完了
– We’re not done. – We are.
-CP 你来 -坐下 肯尼迪先生
– C.P., you’re up. – Sit down, Mr. Kennedy.
回答完我的问题才叫完事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!