You used to have an opinion.
– 我们以前会争辩 – 这就是你想要的吗
– We used to argue. – That’s what you want?
– 你想和我吵架? – 我想要你在我左右
– You want us to argue? – I want you to be here.
亲爱的 我就在这里 你只是要…
Honey, I’m here. I’m here for you. You just have to–
告诉我你想要什么
Just tell me what you want.
我告诉过你 我去做♥鸡♥肉
I told you, I’ll do the chicken.
你幸福吗
Are you happy?
当然幸福
Of course I am.
她叫什么
What’s her name?
她漂亮吗
Is she beautiful?
听着 我认为我们必须卖♥♥掉房♥子
Look, I think that we have to sell the house…
但是如果你有任何想留下
but anything that you want,
任何有特殊意义你需要的东西 告诉我
any special things that you need, you let me know.
需要现金 你打电♥话♥给
Need any cash, you call
– 巴里 – 她叫什么名字
– Barry and he– – What’s her fucking name?
有什么区别吗
What’s the difference?
她不是我们分手的原因
She’s not the reason.
他吃完一块后剩下的派你怎么处理
What you going to do with leftovers after he eat one slice?
扔掉吧 我想
Throw it away, I guess.
你自问为什么要做这个
You ask yourself why you make this?
我知道 即便你不知道
Because I know, even if you don’t.
妈 我喜欢自怨自艾
I like being tragic, Ma.
我从你那里学的
I learned it from you.
你以为他看见这个派
You think he sees this pie…
就会为不珍惜你而感到抱歉吗
now he’s so sorry take you for granted.
你这么想 你就太傻了
You think this, you the foolish one.
每一次你送给他礼物
Every time you give him gift…
就像是在乞求
like begging.
“收下这个 对不起
“Take this. Oh, sorry.
请原谅我
Please forgive me.
我没有你有份量”
I’m not worth as much as you.”
所以他把你的付出当做理所当然
So he only take you more for granted.
你和我母亲一样
You’re just like my mother.
从来不知道自己的价值
Never know what you’re worth.
直到太晚了
Until too late.
我搬去和我母亲住时
When I went to live with my mother…
我以为我会幸福
I thought I had become so happy…
会被重视
so important.
接着我的新家庭成员从乡下回来了
Then my new family returned from the countryside:
吴清 和他的妻儿们
Wu Tsing, his other wives and children.
我开始好奇我自己在这个家的地位会是什么
Now I wondered what my place in this family would be.
大太太是个病秧子
First Wife was a ghost of a woman.
对她女儿们的过错视而不见
She blinded herself to the faults of her daughters.
三太太从来没给吴清添过一子
Third Wife never gave Wu Tsing a son…
活在被赶出去的恐惧中
and lived in fear she’d be kicked out.
但是甚至她都比我母亲有地位
But even she outranked my mother…
母亲只是个四太太
who was only Fourth Wife…
最小的姨太
the newest one.
最后是二太太
And finally, Second Wife…
一家之中的女主人
the empress of the household…
和吴清唯一的儿子
with Wu Tsing’s only son.
我观察到我母亲看这个男孩的眼神
I watched how my mother looked at this boy.
我想知道为什么
And I wondered why.
你倒已经回来了
这就是你的女儿?
是 她叫安美
把这个戴上
二太太 不要把这么贵重的东西
给小孩子
她不配
别听你♥妈♥的♥ 什么配不配
像你这样的千金小姐
就得用珍珠来陪衬着
以后你就叫我大妈好了
安美 听话 把珍珠项链还给二太太
安美 你要是不谢谢大妈
我可要生气了
谢谢大妈
安美 把珠子给妈妈
我知道你不愿意
可是妈不能让你就这么轻易给人家收买♥♥了
我宝贝的珍珠项链
My precious pearl necklace…
几乎收买♥♥了我的心
that had almost bought my mind and heart…
它是玻璃做的
it was made out of glass.
你凭什么要相信我
我只不过是别人的四姨太
一个下♥贱♥的东西
可是 安美
你妈以前可不是这样的
你妈以前是个大太太
你要记住了
你是个大太太的女儿
老爷 这可不行
我女儿在呢
让她走
要不就让她看着
安美 听话 去燕姐那儿睡吧
去吧
安美 干什么一个人躲在这儿
我到处找你
是他的味儿吗
那我♥干♥嘛还要到这儿来呢
是燕姐说的
她都告诉我了
你到西湖的寺庙去烧香
祭奠我爸爸
在那儿 吴清看上你了
他的二太太
请你到她那去打麻将
那天晚上 你就沾上他的味儿了
你干什么 不要 不要
我很快说完了余下的部分
I told her the rest so fast…
好像这样就能减少对她的伤害似的
as if it would hurt her less.
– 妈 我求求你把我留下吧 – 你不要脸 你给我滚
妈 妈 妈
没有人相信她是被强♥暴♥的
No one believed she was raped.
甚至连她自己的妈妈也不信
Not even her own mother.
她一无所有 没有人收留她
She had nothing. No one would take her in.
没有人愿意给她工作
No one would give her work.
她那时又怀了吴清的孩子
And she was carrying Wu Tsing’s child.
为了孩子
To save her baby…
她也只有一个地方可去了
there was only one place she could go.
当他出生的时候 我的小♥弟♥弟♥ – 二太太 你把儿子还给我
And when he was born, my little brother…
– 二太太竟据为己有 – 小宝 小宝
– Second Wife claimed him as her reward.
安美
妈没有死
就是为了有一天能再见到你
那么 这些都是真的
安美 妈带你来这里 是希望给你一个新生活
现在
我知道该怎么做了
妈妈 你快醒醒
妈妈 你醒来啊 妈妈
妈妈 你快醒醒
妈妈 你醒来呀 妈妈
妈妈 你醒醒 快醒醒啊 妈妈
他们无动于衷
They were doing nothing…
眼睁睁看着我妈妈死去
only waiting for my mother to die.
二姨太告诉我 我妈妈是意外死亡的
Second Wife told me my mother had died by accident…
因为吞食鸦♥片♥过量
taking too much opium.
– 谎言 我知道我妈妈是自杀的 – 妈妈
– Lies! I know my mother killed herself on purpose. – Mommy!
她吃下了一个又一个豆沙包
She had eaten sticky sweet dumplings…
里面填满了鸦♥片♥
one after the other, filled with opium.
当毒素在她体内爆发时
When the poison broke into her body…
她对我耳语道
she whispered to me that
她宁愿杀死自己微弱的灵魂
she would rather kill her own weak spirit…
那样就能给我一个更强大的灵魂
so she could give me a stronger one.
妈妈
妈妈
你看见了吗
你看见我了吗
我已经坚强起来了
分得清楚
真的和假的
我母亲选择了在那天死去
My mother chose the date of her death…
给予我对付那些敌人的力量
to give me the power over her enemies.
你们知道 三天后 是大年初一
我妈的鬼魂会回来算账
你们不还债
就给我等着家破人亡吧
大慈大悲的菩萨 我愿意将安美的母亲
所以 那天 吴清答应将我妈扶正
So, on that day, Wu Tsing promised to revere my mother…
作为他的大太太 唯一的太太
as if she had been First Wife, his only wife.
他答应抚养我和我母亲的儿子
He promised to raise me and my mother’s son…
作为自己的孩子 放在最高的地位
as his honored children, the highest position.
你给我滚 你给我滚
从那天起
And on that day…
二太太的头发开始变白
Second Wife’s hair began to turn white.
妈妈
从那天起 我才学会了呐喊
And on that day, I learned to shout.
妈 为什么说这个
Mom, what does it mean?
有什么意义吗 妈
What does it mean, Mommy?
我告诉你这故事 是因为
I tell you the story because I was raised…
我在中式教育下长大
the Chinese way.
被要求无欲无求
I was taught to desire nothing…
忍♥气吞声
to swallow other people’s misery…
打碎牙往肚里咽
and to eat my own bitterness.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!