后来我再嫁了
In time, I remarried…
生了一个女儿
and I had a daughter.
但是莉娜没有灵魂
But Lena had no spirit…
因为我没有什么能给她的
because I had none to give her.
妈妈
Mommy?
妈妈
Mommy?
你饿了吗
Are you hungry yet?
妈
Mom?
妈妈 求你回应一下我
Mommy, please answer me.
妈妈
Mommy? Oh, Mom!
我成长的过程中
As I was growing up…
有几次妈妈经历了这些坏的魔咒
there were times when Mom went through these bad spells.
她经常看起来又惊又怕
She often seemed scared and sad.
但是她从不谈起
But she would never talk about it…
除了说她以前在中国嫁给了一个坏男人
except to say that she had been married to a bad man in China.
这么些年妈妈好多了
Over the years Mom got better…
尽管看起来
although it seemed like
她所有的恐惧都化成了对我的担忧
all her fears turned into worries about me.
既然我结婚了
So now that I’m married…
她来参观我们的新房♥
and she’s visiting our new house…
我希望她终于能为我高兴
I hope she can finally be happy for me.
别担心 一切都会好起来
Don’t worry. Everything’s fine.
他对我很好
He’s very nice to me.
好
Nice.
非常好
Nice. Very nice.
– 妈 – 这是什么
– Oh, Mom? Mom– – What’s this?
不如你去客厅休息
Why don’t you, uh, rest in the living room?
我给你泡一杯茶
I’ll make you some tea, okay?
我家里有菊花茶
I’ve got some chrysanthemum tea.
– 这写的什么 – 妈! 什么都不是
– What’s this writing? – Mom! It’s nothing.
就是我们共享的东西
You know. It’s just the things we share.
至少哈罗德这么叫的
At least that’s what Harold calls it.
共享一切 五五分
Sharing. Everything 50-50.
我们的爱永远是平等的
So our love is always equal.
讽刺的是
The irony is, I was the
我是那个最初提出来的人
one who started it that way.
– 41美元 – 总共吗
– Forty-one dollars. – Oh, total?
每人41美元 怎么 你钱不够
Each. What? You don’t have enough?
不是
No, it’s, uh…
只是我从不擅长数学
it’s just, uh, I was never very good at math.
万一我点了沙拉而他点了三道菜呢
So what if I had a salad and he had three courses?
我们是平等的
We were equals.
除了我在他的公♥司♥工作
Except that I work in his firm and he pays himself…
他给自己的薪水比给我的高七倍以上
seven times more than he pays me.
七点五倍
Seven and a half.
去年当我们终于决定结婚
And then last year, when we finally decided to get married…
我们一致同意要爱不要错误的依赖
we agreed love, yes; false dependencies, no.
任何事情上我们都记录花费
With most everything, we keep track of what we spend…
然后平分
then split it 50-50.
当然我们早期达成共识 不包括个人用品
Of course we agreed early on not to include personal stuff…
比如我的卫生棉条和女性生理喷雾
like my tampons and feminine hygiene spray…
他的刮胡水和爽足粉
and his shaving lotion and foot powder.
亲爱的 难道没有一般的猫食
Honey, isn’t there a generic brand of cat food?
猫们又分辨不出来区别 天哪这要34.76刀
I mean, do they know the difference? For crying out loud, $34.76.
但是我们仍就会在灰色地带上
But we still have these philosophical arguments…
进行哲学性辩论
about the gray areas.
比如我订的杂♥志♥他也看
Like magazines I subscribe to, which he reads…
仅仅是因为杂♥志♥放在那儿
but only because they’re there.
还有猫
And the cat.
甚至是猫身上该死的跳蚤
Even the goddamn cat’s fleas.
你把猫当做生日礼物送给我
You gave her to me as a birthday gift.
现在你想让我掏钱给猫除跳蚤
And now you want me to pay to get rid of her fleas?
你们不共享冰淇淋
Ice cream you don’t share.
你不吃冰淇淋
You don’t eat ice cream.
自从那次你吃了
Ever since that time you got
草莓和巧克力味冰淇淋的混合然后生病了
sick on strawberry and chocolate flavor together.
我记得
I remember.
现在你必须为他的冰淇淋掏一半的钱?
Now you must pay for half of his ice cream?
你为什么要这么做
Why do you do this?
莉娜
Lena?
莉娜 你买♥♥木炭的时候必须要买♥♥打火机油
Lena, when you buy charcoal, you have to buy lighter fluid.
你不知道吗 需要我每次都提醒你吗
Don’t you know that yet? Do I have to remind you every time?
莉娜不能吃冰淇淋
Lena cannot eat ice cream.
什么
What?
我们在谈论什么
What are we talking about?
是真的 我这辈子都对冰淇淋深恶痛绝
It’s true. I’ve hated ice cream all my life.
冰淇淋我碰都不碰
I don’t touch the stuff.
我以为你总是在节食
Well, I assumed you were always trying to diet or something.
是啊 她瘦的你都看不见了
Oh, yes, she’s lost so much weight you can’t see her anymore.
一百万的房♥子 墙还是斜的
One million dollars, and the walls are still crooked.
这是坏运气
It’s bad luck.
哈罗德想要保持这种效果
Harold wanted to keep it that way for the effect.
效果? 一个人想要躺在这然后想着她在一口棺材里吗
For effect? A person has to lie here thinking she’s in a coffin?
小心 桌子不是很稳定
Careful. It’s not too sturdy.
哈罗德在大学时做的
Harold made it back in college.
你为什么要保留着
Why do you keep it?
你再放一件东西 所有的东西都要倒地
You put one more thing on top and everything falls down.
你还需要什么吗
Do you need anything else?
– 不用了 – 好吧
– No. – Okay.
什么都不需要
No. Nothing.
– 什么是汽车加速赛 – 真是个白♥痴♥
– What is a drag race? – What an idiot!
是帆船赛 不是赛车
Regatta, not drag race!
我简直不敢信这个男的
I don’t believe this guy!
好冷
It’s cold.
你说什么
Excuse me?
我说 你能关上窗户吗 好冷
I said, would you close the window, please? It’s cold.
亲爱的 移一下 怎么了
Honey, move. What’s goin’ on?
我不觉得你以后应该把冰淇淋列在单子上
I don’t think you should get credit for your ice cream anymore.
好吧 依你了 讨论结束
Fine. You got it. End of discussion.
你为什么任何事都要讲公平
Why do you have to be so goddamn fair?
你究竟想说什么
Just what is this about exactly?
我不知道 也许是所有事
I don’t know. Maybe everything.
我们每件东西都记账
The way we account for everything.
什么平分 什么不平分 我已经厌倦了
What we share, what we don’t share. I’m sick of it.
加减法
Adding things up, subtracting.
不公平但也要平分 我受够了
Making it come out even when it’s not. I’m sick of it.
是你想要养猫的
You’re the one who wanted the cat!
– 你在说什么 – 好吧
– What are you talking about? – All right.
如果你觉得我没做到公平 那我们一起支付除跳蚤的钱
If you think I’m being unfair, we’ll both pay for the fleas.
这不是除跳蚤的是 这不是重点
This is not about fleas. That is not the point.
那么请告诉我
Then, please, tell me.
重点是什么
What is the point?
我只是认为我们需要改变
I– I just think that we need to change things.
我们需要考虑一下这段婚姻的基础是什么
We need to think about what this marriage is based on…
不是这张单子
not this balance sheet.
我知道我们的婚姻基础是什么
Well, I know what our marriage is based upon.
如果你不知道 那最好想想去
And if you don’t, then you better think about it…
在你开始做改变之前
before you start to change things.
这座房♥子里到处都是预示
All around this house, I see the signs.
我女儿看出来了但不以为意
My daughter looks, but she does not see.
这座房♥子即将支离破碎
This is a house that will break into pieces.
妈
Mom?
还不算晚
It’s not too late.
我所有的痛苦与悔恨
All my pains, my regrets…
我会把两者收集起来
I will gather them together.
我的女儿会听见我的呼唤 尽管我一字未说
My daughter will hear me calling, even though I’ve said no words.
她会爬上台阶找到我
She will climb the stairs to find me.
– 妈 – 她会害怕
– Mom? – She will be scared…
因为起初她的双眼一片黑暗
because at first her eyes will see nothing.
– 她会在内心感受 – 妈
– She will feel in her heart… – Mom?