我不想吵架 好吗?
I don’t wanna fight, okay?
我不知道为什么你不带她上车
I don’t know why you didn’t just take her back to the car
然后跟她上♥床♥ 很明显你想要那么做
and have sex with her. I mean, clearly you wanted to.
我跟她聊了… 我跟她聊了就这么五分钟
I talked to her… I talked to her for like five minutes.
更长 更长 迪安
Longer. Longer, Dean.
而且她那对大的荒谬的假乳 你是不是喜欢那个?
And with those ridiculous plastic boobs. Is that what you go for?
普鲁迪 我只是尝试对你的朋友友善
Prudie, you know, I was just trying to be nice to your friend.
科尔·贝尔不是我的朋友 迪安
Okay. Chloe Baher is not my friend, Dean.
科尔·贝尔是来葬礼幸灾乐祸的
Chloe Baher came to my mother’s funeral to gloat.
“哈哈 你的妈妈死了”
“Ha-ha! Your mother’s dead.”
但你却看上她了
And you hit on her!
-我…我… -你看上她了
-I do… I do… -You hit on her!
我没有看上她
I was not hitting on her.
你知道 在我十年级的时候
You know, when I was in the 10th grade,
我用抑扬格写了一篇有关凯撒的文章
I wrote an entire paper on Julius Caesar in iambic pentameter.
科尔·贝尔把它从我的箱子里拿出来
And Chloe Baher removed it from my locker
然后对着全班大声朗读
and she read it aloud to the whole class.
所有人都笑我
And everyone laughed at me.
亲爱的 高中已经结束了
Baby, high school’s over.
高中永远不会结束
High school’s never over.
“转过身来 他看着伊丽莎白
“And turning ’round, he looked for a moment at Elizabeth
直到与她的眼神相交 他收回自己的目光 然后说
“till catching her eye, he withdrew his own and coldly said,
她还算可以接受 只是不够美得让我动心
“‘She is tolerable but not handsome enough to tempt me.
我对于轻易对别的男子动心的女人
“‘I am in no humor at present to give consequence to young ladies
没有任何的想法
“‘who are slighted by other men.
你还是回到你的伴侣身边 去欣赏她的笑容吧
“‘You had better return to your partner and enjoy her smiles,
因为跟我在一起只会浪费你的时间”
“‘for you are wasting your time with me.”‘
我觉得下个礼拜可能读不了《傲慢与偏见》
You know, I don’t know if we can do Pride and Prejudice next week,
因为那天是图书馆的晚宴
because it’s the library dinner.
我们得为西尔维娅去撑场子 丹尼尔准备带帕姆去
Well, we need to go for Sylvia. Daniel’s bringing Pam.
-这可真不应该 -我知道
-That’s so unnecessary. -Tell me about it.
-他的公♥司♥定了一张桌子 -那我们也应该定一张
-His firm’s buying a table. -Well, then we should buy one.
我们所有的人 书友会的人
All of us, the book club.
-让他们看看团结的力量 -没错
-Show up in force. -Yes.
“中心河谷市前所未有简·奥斯汀书友会”
“The Central Valley River City All Jane Austen, All The Time Book Club,”
格瑞格是这么说的
is what Grigg calls it.
他太有趣了 真高兴看到他终于约西尔维娅
He’s so funny. I’m so glad he finally made a date with Sylvia.
去吃午饭
He’s taking her to lunch.
真希望到时有机会跳舞
I sure hope there’s some dancing in this thing.
我正在尝试减肥
I’m trying to diet.
我前夫要带他的女友 出席我的筹款晚会
My husband is bringing a date to my fundraiser.
又在读《傲慢与偏见》了
Yeah, re-reading Pride and Prejudice again,
总在想 “谈恋爱是没什么难的”
I keep thinking, “You know, courtship is easy.”
-奥斯汀什么时候可以写写离婚? -我不觉得那很简单
-Where’s Austen’s novel on divorce? -I wouldn’t say it was easy.
看你跟谁谈恋爱了 我想
Depends who you’re courting, I guess.
-乔斯琳跟人约会过吗? -有时吧
-Does Jocelyn ever go out with anyone? -Occasionally.
她跟我前夫在高中的时候曾经在一起
She used to date my husband in high school.
然后她把他让给了我
Then she sort of gave him to me.
是丹尼尔最先买♥♥狗给乔斯琳
Daniel’s the one that first bought Jocelyn a dog.
-她用你丈夫换了条狗? -我很喜欢乔斯琳 不过
-She traded your husband for a dog? -Look, I adore Jocelyn, but…
如果爱情是懂得放手
If loving is letting go,
那想要得到乔斯琳
then whoever wants Jocelyn is going to
一定要明白那一点
have to pry her fingers loose, one by one.
-嘿 -你好
-Hey. -Hi.

Hey.
你认识我写作组里的林吗?
Do you know Lynne from my writing group?
-说实话不认识 我是阿莱格拉 -你好
-I don’t, actually. Allegra. -Hey.
听着 我得说 你对科琳的帮助实在太大了
Listen, I just have to say, you have been so good for Corinne.
自从你们在一起之后 她就从来没停止过写东西
Ever since you two have been together, she’s been writing nonstop.
你读了她上个星期写的故事吗?
Didn’t you just love that story that she wrote last week?
阿莱格拉跟我从来不聊我的课题
Well, Allegra and I don’t discuss what I’m working on.
好吧
Okay.
“亲爱的科琳·梅亨
“Dear Ms. Corinne Mahern, we regret
很抱歉地通知你 我们不能出版你寄来的三则小故事
“that we must decline to publish the three short stories you sent us.
《班尼的篮球》叙述得很好
“Benny’s Basketball” is strong narratively,
但是你对那个弱智男孩的描述不太友善
“but the depiction of your penis-waving retarded boy felt a little unkind.
《骨肉分离》听起来很明显
“And isn’t the title “Separating Eggs For Flan” a bit obvious
是影射你父母的离异
“as a metaphor for your parents’ divorce?
我们必须承认 《跳伞者》让我们有点摸不着头脑
“Yet we confess that “Skydiver” puzzled us most.
为什么一个自私美丽的年轻女同性恋要从飞机上往下跳?
“Why would a beautiful, self-centered young lesbian jump out of a plane?”
我想我们可以一起开车去
I thought we could drive together.
我们要快点 我不想西尔维娅一个人坐在那儿
We should hurry. I don’t want Sylvia sitting there alone.
-撒哈拉 走开 -西尔维娅已经在图书馆了
-Sahara, off. -Sylvia’s already at the library.
-她说她得先去 -所以你已经先去接她了
-She said she had to get there early. -So you offered her a ride first.
不 她只是在吃饭的时候提到了
No, she happened to mention it at lunch.
很漂亮的裙子
That’s a great dress.
不准走
Stay.
我把它换成了生物柴油 所以现在它烧植物油
I converted it to biodiesel. So it basically runs on donut grease.
这车很棒 从来没机会开它
This is so great. I never get to drive it.
或者打扫它 看起来
Or vacuum it, apparently.
我喜欢你的发型
I like your hair.
今天晚上你得跟西尔维娅跳舞
You need to dance with Sylvia tonight.
-你知道怎么跳舞吧? -当然
-You do know how to dance, don’t you? -Of course I do.
我有三个姐姐 我当然会跳
I have three older sisters. I can dance.
如果我们一直在这条道上走的话 我们会迟到的
Wait, if we stay in this lane, we’re gonna be late.
因为每次加油 我都得把植物油变成生物柴油
Given that I have to convert donut grease into biofuel
所以我总是试图不开得很快
every time I fill up the tank, I just try not to drive very fast.
我们几乎都没动
We’re barely moving.
你看过我带给你的勒奎恩的书了吗?
You ever read those Le Guin books I bought you?
我比较喜欢看有关真实的人的书
I prefer books about real people.
所以伊丽莎白·本内特是真实的 科幻小说里的人不是
Okay, so Elizabeth Bennet is real and people in science fiction aren’t.
是吗?
Is that it?
科幻小说里有人物 但它将的不是那些人的故事
Science fiction books have people in them, but they’re not about the people.
真实的人是复杂的
Real people are complicated.
但是有各种各样的科幻小说
Well, there’s all kinds of science fiction.
等你看了以后 我想再听听你的意见
When you’ve read some, I will be interested in your opinion.
-你为什么在这里下高速? -我比较喜欢看看河
-Why are you getting off here? -I enjoy seeing the river.
你以为你是谁 马克·吐温?
What are you, Mark Twain?
现在我们要一个个灯停过去了
Now we’re gonna get stuck at every light.
看看这屋子的光辉
Look at the talent in this room.
半个硅谷都在这里了
Half the Silicon Valley is here.
为了美好的爱情
To romance.
-你好 -晚上好
-Hi. -Hello.
我正在准备见一个软件业巨子 然后搬去潘波利
I’m planning on meeting a software baron and moving to Pemberley.
大家都知道有钱人 总想要找一个新娇妻
Well, everyone knows a rich man is eventually going to want a new wife.
-嘿 -你好
-Hi. -Hi.
我是迪安
I’m Dean.
他并不是来参加书友会的
Yeah, he’s not doing book club with us.
恩 精神上的鼓励 他最近这段日子不容易
Uh, moral support. She’s had a rough couple of weeks.
-我们欢迎你加入 迪安 -不用了 没关系的
-Well, you’re welcome to join in, Dean. -Nah, that’s okay.
我想我可以去酒吧 你们女士们可以尽情地聊
I think I’ll just head to the bar. Let you ladies talk.
这里没有酒吧 这是个图书馆
There is no bar. It’s a library.
-招待酒的 -那样就行了
-Serving liquor. -Well, that’ll work.
你们要些什么吗?
You guys need anything?
我们来这的路上在吵架
We had this big fight on the way over here.
-来点香槟 -妈?
-Have some champagne. -Mom?
我跟科琳分手了
I broke up with Corinne.
哦 天哪 亲爱的
Oh, my God. Honey.
-太好了 -你有足够的时间
-Nice. -We have plenty of time.
亲爱的 不管你跟科琳之间发生了什么
Honey, whatever happened between you and Corinne,
你不应该就这么逃避
you don’t just walk out.
-你根本不知道她做了什么 -她打你?
-You don’t even know what she did. -Did she hit you?
她说恶毒的话?
Did she say cruel things?
你总是爱得太快 太快了
You are so quick to love. You’re too quick.
你跳进去 又跳出来 这是丹尼尔的基因 行动快
You jump in, you jump out. That’s Daniel in you. Quick to act.
不行了吗? 那就去解决 或者离开 谁在意呢?
“It’s not working? Well… Fix it. Or break it. Who cares?”
你不能就轻易离开你所爱的人 你得留下来尝试去修补
We don’t just dispose of people we love. You stay. You repair.
你知道吗? 这不是你跟爸爸
Okay, you know what? This is not you and Daddy.
这是科琳 区别是爸爸还是爱你的
This is Corinne. The difference being that Daddy actually loves you.
所以你去修补 重新开始
So you go repair. Power on.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!